Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 135 of 136 FirstFirst ... 35 85 125 133 134 135 136 LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 2040

Thread: D.Gray-man Volume 20 (Ch. 189-193) Discussion

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DGM Chapter 193 Discussion/194 Prediction

K well there are only a few options to have a 14th.

-14th is a random fluke. It simply happend to be so.
    -14th is a excomunicated member and they dont speak of him ever.
    -hes actualy the split off of another noah (1 noah became 2)
    -Hes the original Earl and this Earl is an imposter.
    -the 14th is the real son of a noah and another noah or human. Earl+human female perhaps?Or the Joy noah+human female?
    -hes actualy the wielder of the innocence that defeated the earl. So in effect hes a human from pre-flood. (similar to the noah ofc)

Id say anything is possible or even combinations of.
    Last edited by ca12nag3; April 08, 2010 at 04:25 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

-was supposed to replace the earl when he died, except he never died? that's my bet. provided there's little mention of ever possible pairings, i think the Earlxwoman and Joyedxwoman are out.
    then again, we're talking about hoshino here, everything's possible =)

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I just gave options, didnt give my favorite one.
    replacing the earl when he died i dont think so. Since hes the one that everyone recognizes as earl.
    I forgot another option tho

-14th is the real earl and the earl we see now is a imagination of Road. < would be under the condition that somehow Road had a relation with the 14th and all the dreams we see are recollections of Road herself and that shes the one that betray the 14th and not the other way around.

In adition Road would then be both the earl we see and the girl we see. Well weve seen her do crazy things before.

(whole theory on itself but it could work). (still its theory!)

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

that would be a very good plot twist, but i'm still going with mine! =3

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member addenza's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ca12nag3 View Post

Its never said that the other noah could controle the ark, actualy the earl stated that them 3 Earl,Road & 14th were special.
    Well, that's why I said "I think"... But where did you see that part that said the three of them were special? I've forgotten about that along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by ca12nag3 View Post
    I just gave options, didnt give my favorite one.
    replacing the earl when he died i dont think so. Since hes the one that everyone recognizes as earl.
    I forgot another option tho

-14th is the real earl and the earl we see now is a imagination of Road. < would be under the condition that somehow Road had a relation with the 14th and all the dreams we see are recollections of Road herself and that shes the one that betray the 14th and not the other way around.

In adition Road would then be both the earl we see and the girl we see. Well weve seen her do crazy things before.

(whole theory on itself but it could work). (still its theory!)
    Haha! I like your Road = Earl theory. But that would really screw things up.

I think that the current Earl (Adam) had probably died once but was somehow revived, and before he was revived, the 14th was awakened to take over his memories. Since Adam was revived, the 14th now became an extra Noah in the family. That's probably why the 14th wants to kill the Earl and take over him - to set the records straight. That's my guess, anyway.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Justine's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't we find out that both Road and the Earl could control the ark around the time when everyone got transported into the Ark? The Earl informed the other Noahs that Road was downloading and transferring the ark...therefore she has some control over it. And it's quite obvious that the Earl can control it, and it's equally as obvious that the 14th/Allen can control it.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.onemanga.com/D.Gray-Man/86/10/

thats were it says 14th, road and the earl are special (as in able to control the ark)

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by addenza View Post

I think that the current Earl (Adam) had probably died once but was somehow revived, and before he was revived, the 14th was awakened to take over his memories. Since Adam was revived, the 14th now became an extra Noah in the family. That's probably why the 14th wants to kill the Earl and take over him - to set the records straight. That's my guess, anyway.
    that is exactly what i think (perse the earl never died, but idk, he outlived max years? cuz he's like, 7000+ years old now...)

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justine View Post
    Didn't we find out that both Road and the Earl could control the ark around the time when everyone got transported into the Ark? The Earl informed the other Noahs that Road was downloading and transferring the ark...therefore she has some control over it. And it's quite obvious that the Earl can control it, and it's equally as obvious that the 14th/Allen can control it.
    Oh.. Yeah, we did. Anyway, my theory was that perhaps before the memories of the other Noahs were destroyed by the 14th when they were sent to kill him, all the Noahs had the power to manipulate the ark. After that portion of the memories was destroyed, they lost the ability to do so, so that's why only Road, the Earl and the 14th can control the ark? Cause even if Road is the Eldest child in this generation of Noahs, it doesn't make sense that the ninth apostle, and not the second or third apostle, and the extra Noah have the ability to control the ark, right??

Quote Originally Posted by MSofAofCOCA View Post
    that is exactly what i think (perse the earl never died, but idk, he outlived max years? cuz he's like, 7000+ years old now...)
    Yeah, the words actually don't make much sense to me. Unless he's really good at maintaining his looks such that he looks like a middle-aged aristocrat in his human form. I'd like to ask him for tips then...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Orpheus 2's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by addenza View Post
    Oh.. Yeah, we did. Anyway, my theory was that perhaps before the memories of the other Noahs were destroyed by the 14th when they were sent to kill him, all the Noahs had the power to manipulate the ark. After that portion of the memories was destroyed, they lost the ability to do so, so that's why only Road, the Earl and the 14th can control the ark? Cause even if Road is the Eldest child in this generation of Noahs, it doesn't make sense that the ninth apostle, and not the second or third apostle, and the extra Noah have the ability to control the ark, right??
    That sounds plausible but there may be more to it.

I'm more leaning to the theory that the 14th was the original wielder of innocence and got corrupted in the process of defeating the Earl. As for their relationship, they may have been truly brothers before. Remember the story of Cain and Abel? It might be that the Earl/Adam is the reincarnation of Cain while Allen is the candidate for the reincarnation of Abel. The 14th may have been the darkness or despair in Abel's heart while Mana would be the goodness from Earl. The 14th and Mana may have been born after the Great Flood but only materialized during the present Earl's time. This theory is based on Xenogears.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

wouldnt actualy put labels on characters as if they are cain or abel, what i think is hoshino put a lot of elements in the blender and pushed the button.
    what i meen is its possible the cain and abel ellement are present.
    The earl already has the elements of Adam(first human),Noah,Christ(chosen one tho might also imply on Allen),Jacob/Israel <( father of the tribes of israel),Harlequin(oposite of Allen >Pierrot) and why not Cain-Abel.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

hmmm I just noticed that lately people entered back on the awsome 14th noah talk XD.... tehy kinda stopped alrady talking about last chapter with the whole kanda-alma thing?

Well no wonder 14th is rather more interesting... but still after today's incident I wonder what will happen now.... RP is currently down... thx to japanese WSJ magazine note about illegal online raws... (more in the RP section ^^)

This would mean that no early raw... and getting the raw might be harder now.... maybe chinese people will save the day.... since RP will be down to after the golden week... or forever... time will show...

and I wonder if jap. people wont be scared to post a single spoiler pic (from early release) of latest chapters....... anywya it was not a nice wake up information >_< (you wake up and see that the favourite page is dead *don* )

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

O_O I didn't know about RP being down... But it doesn't matter, since I can't read from there anyway.

I guess we'll just have to wait for the Chinese scans, then.

Anyway, back to the 14th. Well, I'm still not too sure about the stories in the Bible, so I can't say much about whether Allen and the Earl might be Cain and Abel or not, but I like the idea that the 14th was the original wielder of innocence who got corrupted by the Earl.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Klaud543's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I am not a very religious person, so what the heck is Cain and Abel? I really haven't been reading long posts so if someone said that then I probably didn't read it.
    "He who would spend each vital drop of blood for your sakes–who has no thought nor sense of joy, except as it is mirrored also in your dear countenances–who would fill the air with blessings and spend his life in serving you–he bids you weep–to shed countless tears; happy beyond his hopes, if thus inexorable fate be satisfied, and if the destruction pause before the peace of the grave have succeeded to your sad torments!"
    –original Frankenstein, Mary Shelly, last page of chapter 8

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

IIRC Cain and Abel were the sons of Adam and Eve; the former was a farmer while the latter was a shepherd. One day they decided to offer sacrifice to God. Cain put his crops on his altar while Abel sacrifice a lamb. God was pleased with Abel's gift and showed his blessing by setting it on fire. Cain was not happy about it and later got into a fight with his brother. The end result was that he accidentally killed him and when God asked Cain about his brother, he lied about it and asked, "Am I my brother's keeper?" Of course, God knew the truth and banished Cain from his home. He also put a mark on him so everyone knows that he was a murderer.

I think with my heart and I move with my head | My Stories Archive - Short Story: "Life According to an Onion" UP!

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 135 of 136 FirstFirst ... 35 85 125 133 134 135 136 LastLast