Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 86 of 136 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 2040

Thread: D.Gray-man Volume 20 (Ch. 189-193) Discussion

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner totally58anime's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DGM Chapter 191 Spoilers

Assuming that originally Kanda was a normal kid/baby, does that mean that the Order got a hold of him and erased his memories or something and he later wakes up within the Order? Or do they seal his previous "self" or the person who inhabited the body before and Kanda is a whole different person inside of someone else's body?

The Crow's refer to the hallucinations or whatever as his "bodies" memories, not his own memories.

Sorry if this is confusing, I'm just trying to pin down all the possible possibilities of Kanda since he's my favorite charrie *fan girl mode*

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Strike-kun's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the summary !
    That's big news that we read here !

Alma saved Kanda - That's so cute ! But, I'm worried about him now. That's because he help Kanda that he will become berserk himself ?

Ah !! Hoshino-sensei is so cruel ! ♥

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member maloose's Avatar
    Country
    Iran
    Post Thanks / Like

I got the impression that it was the original Kanda who got killed by Akuma, not that woman. The raised hand of the Exorcist and then little Kanda's raised hand ... like he relived that moment in his dream.
    And the part he told Akuma he loved him reminded of when Marie told Allen he was so like Kanda.

Thanks for the summary

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ohoh, this is fascinating (though the fangirl part of me is indeed ticked). I knew we'd have to see Marie for this arc to wrap up. I think it'll be another 2-3 chapters on his past. Don't worry, some months after that we'll finally get to Allen/14th, Kanda, and Alma action.

So the Second Exorcists appear to be from Exorcists. Perhaps from Exorcists on the edge of death with no way to save them, so they were regressed. Or perhaps they are cloned exorcists and somehow receive the ability to synchro concurrent with the memories? Obviously the scientists have had this problem, where the Seconds regain memories and go insane.

So in Kanda's case, he's remembering a woman he had loved - mother, lover, etc. It now makes sense, what she said in chapter 190 - "that's something we also have" when Kanda thinks about the love Edgar spoke of regarding children.

I'm going to weep probably from this chapter. Very moving, and very interesting.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ying_su's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

The body was taken from somewhere.
    Maybe the one the exorcist was trying to protect did die in that moment too. When the order arrives take the body (Kanda's actual body) for their experiments, because he is a relative of an exorcist (let's suppose it: Kanda is that woman-exorcist child or relative; although it's not necessary for this guessing)

The order creates an artificial human: the spirit/alma/soul and implant it on the known body --> There you have: a 2ch!

But a usual bug is for them to remember their body (how do we know it's in plural?? isnt the same word in japanasse???) memories and get berserk (as happened to someone before Kanda).

Maybe Kanda remembers another relative or another person related to that woman exorcist and is he/she the one he wants to meet.

TIMCANPY FOR THE WIN!!!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Eia's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

FFFFFFF

I can NOT wait for this chapter now!

Kanda's a reincarnation of someone?! I bet it's a previous exorcist. *flails* Now I wonder what he has to do before the last petal falls. Something tells me Hoshino is looking for a way to NOT kill poor Kanda when his petals are up.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eia View Post
    Something tells me Hoshino is looking for a way to NOT kill poor Kanda when his petals are up.
    ;_; I hope so.

I also hope this chapter comes out soon. The fourth is so far away. : ( So is this "that person?" I can't imagine that it's anyone else at this point. And poor Kanda. Insert more sadfaces here.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eia View Post
    Something tells me Hoshino is looking for a way to NOT kill poor Kanda when his petals are up.
    I sure hope that Hoshino doesn't decide to kill poor Kanda! He's been my ultimate favorite character for almost two straight years now! If he's gone, my life will suck :P Although Allen and Lavi are still around

GAH! I can't wait for the next couple of chapters. Kanda is such a mysterious character!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinobi's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally!! thanks for the spoilers and summary lolz!!

Interesting and touching chapter!! This turns out to be better than I thought it would be!! I give Kanda's past more two chapters before going back to the present time!!

poor Kanda!! so he has suddenly regained a sense of his (former) self?! looks like he lived a tragedy even before the tragedy with Alma!!
    this woman seems to be someone dear to the first Kanda!! yet Rhode said she was the one who made him slit Alma!! (before the petals fall,............. ) wonder when we'll get to know this exactly!!

the order was really cruel!! to discard Yuu and other children after being labeled as failure!! I feel sorry for Alma!! he saved Kanda coz he was thought to be going insane, yet the one who's gonna go all berserk in the end is him!!

I'm so happy to see Noise Merie in the chapter!! I'd like to know about his relationship with Kanda, how Kanda saved him and how he thinks Kanda and Allen are alike...

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know when the raws are suppose to be out this month?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the translation of the spoilers. looks like a good chapter

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ketorin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by totally58anime View Post
    Does anyone know when the raws are suppose to be out this month?
    the actual magazine comes out on the 4th of every month but it normally comes out a few days before

omg these spoilers are awesome I want to read the chapter so much now.
    I feel bad for Kanda

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, beaten by seconds. Oh well. Was anyone else amused about Noise Marie's Steven Seagal hair, or was it just me?
    Last edited by hashire; January 31, 2010 at 03:59 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ketorin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hashire View Post
    Ah, beaten by seconds. Oh well. Was anyone else amused about Noise Marie's Steven Seagal hair, or was it just me?
    I was.
    I can't really imagine him with that type of hair.
    well maybe.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hashire View Post
    Was anyone else amused about Noise Marie's Steven Seagal hair, or was it just me?
    I can't imagine him with hair at all, so seeing this will be hard for me

Oh my goodness! 20 year old Bak! That's how old he would be right? I mean, this takes place nine years ago and Bak is 29 currently so . . .
    Last edited by totally58anime; January 31, 2010 at 04:17 PM. Reason: i forgot to put something

New Reply
Page 86 of 136 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 ... LastLast