Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 136 of 136 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 2040

Thread: D.Gray-man Volume 20 (Ch. 189-193) Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DGM Chapter 193 Discussion/194 Prediction

lol...........okay, when i scaned the page and picked up on the cain/abel words, my first thought was: when'd they shove Trinity Blood into the series?!?
    well, that's over with now.
    About RP.....meh, i can't read japanese/chinese/whatever other language they post raws in, but the prospect of having to wait extra days for the chapter is a little disheartening.

ok, so about cain and abel...... i read riki's summary, it still vaguely makes sense to me but w/e (not a bible person), well, i noticed how Abel sacrificed sheep to God right?, isn't that how the Earl refers to exorcists: "Filthy Sheep"? I would make sense if he was Cain then - since he practically raises the Noah - like crops (did i just refer tothe Noahs as plants?!)

if hoshino decides to follow the cain-abel story, i can't really see how the 1th-earl fight fits in too well. it could be possible that the earl is still traumatized after killing the 14th (they obviously have/had a deep bond), but wasn't the 14th the initiator of the attack? so, wouldn'tthat make him cain? where do all the otehr Noah fit in? it would make sense if 14th wanted earl dead if 14th was cain, cuz then he'd be jealouse of earl's/able's favoritism with god that's why he wanted to be the next earl.....

but, like i said, if you go down this road, not only does it get much deeper into the bible, but it also has no relation to the original Noah....
    -sigh-
    we really need to find out EXACTLY what the fight was about.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

tbh the bible is littered with sheepherders so any metaphor could work for either earl or 14th.

Cain ->sacrificing sheep
    Abraham -> the sheepherder who became the father of many nations.
    Jacob -> picking the spotted sheep as his own.(tricking his father in law btw). And became the father of a nation.
    Mozes -> Prince who became a sheepherder and later led his people to freedom.
    (King)David -> sheepherderboy who became king.
    Jesus Christ -> the good herder (of sheep/man)

btw acording to the bible all these men are related to eachother.... something with sheep is definitly going on.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah.........
    now, are anyone of them related to Noah?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MSofAofCOCA View Post
    yeah.........
    yes ^^ they said in one chapter that humans come/were born from noahs :P as jasdevi joked that kumans and akumas come from the same place

and well all humans carry noah gens but only few awaken the noah memories...

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MSofAofCOCA View Post
    yeah.........
    If you ask me if any of them are related to noah??? Biblicaly yes, in real i dunno lol.

Adam
    Cain
    Noah
    Abraham
    Isac
    Jacob
    Juda
    Mozes
    David
    Salomon
    Jesus

Think i got it right (did it by mind realy haha) But these are the ancesters of eachother ofc. And the ones with sheep references i already pointed out earlier. Now if Hoshinos using any of this i dunno. She mentioned Noahs, Apostels (Only Jesus has apostels after his death). She used the term chosen ones wich clearly reflect on each of these men and ofc she used the adam term, now that reflects on 3 people in this list, Adam (ofc) , Abraham and Jesus Christ.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

next chapter will probably be the end of kandas flash back. after that i wonder what will happen. the noahs will probably still try and keep allen from going with the exorcists. maybe the 3rd side of the war will appear to help allen and the captive people escape from the noahs. hope the 14th awakes again and fight against his brothers.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i really hoped this flashback wont force allen out atm (it'd be cool if he left on his own later, not necessarily now with the noah....) and hopefully he won't be like anti-kanda officially b/c kanda is kind of like an akuma...

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I realy hope for a few things, and about Allen well that comes later.
    I hope Kanda now regained his memories about the past, so first he remembers who that girl exactly is, that is who + name.
    And secondly that his memories make him remember everything so his attitude towards the order might change.
    Now not cause i want him to hate them or anything but more for the simple reason that if nothing realy changes you can just cut out this entire arc. So i hope that everything from this memory is implemented in the present.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

hmmm well I just hope that next chaper will put an end to the flashbacks since 6months its long time... especially in a monthly release ^^ so too long focus on only 1thing gets to the point where its heavy to read...

anyway I doubt that kanda forgot his past.... he just pretends that he doesnt remember (since he remembered that he killed alma... and "that woman" was the case of his killing him ).... yet even after such past he stayed at order... mostly to protect his friends like he doesnt want to lose anymore people who are kinda close to him (yet he doesnt become super close friends duo beign scared of the whole alma situation... he become close yet he had to kill at the end his friend)

I guess the whole flashbacks is not for Kandas sake... but for almas sake to wake him up (like wisely said... we will use kandas brain for our party)

anyway I wonder when will we see the chapter.... I mean the magazine appears at the beggining of each month yet... at the beggining of may we have golden week ;/

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaymie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't believe Monthly series are affected by Golden Week, thank god. For us Westerners, who don't celebrate it, it's very annoying to have to wait an extra week.

We should be getting Chapter 194 in a few days. With color pages, hurray! And since it's the June Issue we should also be getting the cover for Volume 20, which I'm actually pretty excited for. The last time a volume was completely centred around Kanda was Volume 10, and we all know how awesome that cover turned out.

11. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member andrewsungchehau's Avatar
    Country
    Brunei
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ca12nag3 View Post
    I realy hope for a few things, and about Allen well that comes later.
    I hope Kanda now regained his memories about the past, so first he remembers who that girl exactly is, that is who + name.
    And secondly that his memories make him remember everything so his attitude towards the order might change.
    Now not cause i want him to hate them or anything but more for the simple reason that if nothing realy changes you can just cut out this entire arc. So i hope that everything from this memory is implemented in the present.
    Well,I think Kanda still remember his past. Since his still finding "that person" which is "that women" I assume.

Quote Originally Posted by Zibi234 View Post
    hmmm well I just hope that next chaper will put an end to the flashbacks since 6months its long time... especially in a monthly release ^^ so too long focus on only 1thing gets to the point where its heavy to read...

anyway I doubt that kanda forgot his past.... he just pretends that he doesnt remember (since he remembered that he killed alma... and "that woman" was the case of his killing him ).... yet even after such past he stayed at order... mostly to protect his friends like he doesnt want to lose anymore people who are kinda close to him (yet he doesnt become super close friends duo beign scared of the whole alma situation... he become close yet he had to kill at the end his friend)

I guess the whole flashbacks is not for Kandas sake... but for almas sake to wake him up (like wisely said... we will use kandas brain for our party)

anyway I wonder when will we see the chapter.... I mean the magazine appears at the beggining of each month yet... at the beggining of may we have golden week ;/
    Well, I don't think he pretend to forgot his past. Think he just doesn't mention or tell anyone. Since his still finding "that person" which is "that women" I assume.
    I agree that this flashback is used to wake up Alma as stated by Wisely.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by andrewsungchehau View Post

Well, I don't think he pretend to forgot his past. Think he just doesn't mention or tell anyone. Since his still finding "that person" which is "that women" I assume.
    I agree that this flashback is used to wake up Alma as stated by Wisely.
    Isnt "pretend to forget" and "not mentioning anyone" the same thing ^^

I used the "pretend" becouse before the flashback started... kanda saw alma and was going all "who is that" (few times)... its pretending... becouse after that Road mentioned "that woman" and kanda showed that he remembers alma and that woman (even others were wondered if he doesnt remember his past.... only old man knew that there is no such possibility....)

well it would be interesting if 14th told Kanda that he might find that person he is looking for.... still we dont know if Allen saw kandas own memory flashbacks... of that dream about that woman (or beign killed by that clown akuma)....... so question is did allen saw that woman...

I wonder what would kanda do if allen/14th mentioned that he knows where that woman is..... would he leave order and follow allen.... or stayed with order and never found this woman ^^

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Jaymie;1894700]I don't believe Monthly series are affected by Golden Week, thank god. For us Westerners, who don't celebrate it, it's very annoying to have to wait an extra week.

We should be getting Chapter 194 in a few days. With color pages, hurray! And since it's the June Issue we should also be getting the cover for Volume 20, which I'm actually pretty excited for. QUOTE]

----checks calendar---
    OMG! you're right! it's about time for the spoilers to be poping up in the next few days! What a pleasant suprise!
    ...but with RP issue and lack of raw provider (correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't he/she/it quit?) it may be longer than a week, especially since DGM is monthly now.....

anyways.....
    i don't think kanda forgot about alma, but rather tried to block outthe memory? thought, wisely's mind games could trigger some kind of memory lapse in kanda so he would remember who the woman was exactly....but if he does/did i doubt he would've stayed at order....seeing as he hates it....
    but yeah, i agree with ca12nag3, it would be a waste if nothing emotionally changes in real-time.....

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=MSofAofCOCA;1895577]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
    I don't believe Monthly series are affected by Golden Week, thank god. For us Westerners, who don't celebrate it, it's very annoying to have to wait an extra week.

We should be getting Chapter 194 in a few days. With color pages, hurray! And since it's the June Issue we should also be getting the cover for Volume 20, which I'm actually pretty excited for. QUOTE]

----checks calendar---
    OMG! you're right! it's about time for the spoilers to be poping up in the next few days! What a pleasant suprise!
    ...but with RP issue and lack of raw provider (correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't he/she/it quit?) it may be longer than a week, especially since DGM is monthly now.....

anyways.....
    i don't think kanda forgot about alma, but rather tried to block outthe memory? thought, wisely's mind games could trigger some kind of memory lapse in kanda so he would remember who the woman was exactly....but if he does/did i doubt he would've stayed at order....seeing as he hates it....
    but yeah, i agree with ca12nag3, it would be a waste if nothing emotionally changes in real-time.....
    If I remember DGM has its own raw provider... just like naruto,bleach,op,ft, stream got dgm too...

so there is hope that they will have the raw too..... im more worried for other series that I follow (like rosario+vampire... its in the same magazine as DGM... yet no idea where they might put it ;/)

New Reply
Page 136 of 136 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136