Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: Naruto 10th Anniversary Special Fanbook 2

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner NinGuy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto 10th Anniversary Special Fanbook 2

Quote Originally Posted by 3cmm View Post
    Yeah kinda, it's confusing. But the translation should be reliable.
    I have a hard time buying that. We really need a second opinion from another translator, as others claim to find discrepancies in Bartallen2's translation.

Last Breath 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Page 28 of Rivalry of the Sharingan (novel version of Sasuke vs Itachi) By Bartallen2 of NF.

Quote Quote:
    http://i48.tinypic.com/3bvqb.jpg

But, in the end, that didn't become a reality.

For a moment he pointed a blood-smeared finger before Sasuke's eyes, and the older brother's mouth weakly moved.
    He could hear his voice.

Sasuke thought he had misheard something. He wasn't sure the words he heard were the ones coming from Itachi's mouth.

And in that instant, Sasuke saw deep into his brother's heart... a smile. He merely stared at it in wonder.

Why are you smiling? When I was young, you faced me with that expression, that kind smile... Why, now, why are you smiling? Shouldn't your smile be wicked; shouldn't your eyes be filled with pleasure as you obtain the eternity you've waited for?

He was the brother who chose a path of carnage for his own ambitions. It was his plan. Above all, he was the man who took his own parents with his own hand for his own purposes, right before his younger brother's eyes... but without the express he should have had. The smile he should have had.

He marked a line of blood on Sasuke's face with his finger and, just like that, fell down. He let loose an overwhelming amount of power(Susanoo) and suddenly collapsed.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HPTR Fangirl's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Page 1 of the interview:

Interview Page 1
    Credits: Hatifnatten
    Source: Naruto Fanbook II Discussion Thread

Spoiler show

Page 29 of Rivalry of the Sharingan

Page 29
    Credits: Bartallen2
    Source: Naruto Fanbook II Discussion Thread
    Quote Quote:
    http://i45.tinypic.com/9qxqif.jpg

Sound effect is don, which is like "bump."

To avoid touching Sasuke, Itachi ran his head into the stone wall. Powerlessly turning to face up, he crumbled like that onto the floor.

Itachi was dying.

Sasuke gazed blankly below at the motionless man.
    As it began to rain a second time, the line of blood left by Itachi flowed out like the tears in Sasuke's eyes.

It was over.

The second he thought that, darkness assaulted him.
    As his conscience drifted away, Itachi's last words were the ones Sasuke had always wanted deep down inside.

"Forgive me, Sasuke... Here is the end."

What did those words mean? And, where were they to lead Sasuke? The discovery of that... is a story for another time.

Soukoku no Sharingan: End
    Last edited by HPTR Fangirl; December 12, 2009 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sonia

4. Thanks 12 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member feisu-chan's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i hope someone's scanlating it... going back and forth the raw and translations in this thread is confusing... or just the oiroke part... i miss jiraiya-boy soooo much...

and i like Kubo's! it's so naruichi!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Tengou's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn, Araki's Naruto is indeed the stuff of nightmares. He freaking reminds me of Charlotte Coolhorn, lol.

One thing, though. A tribute doesn't have to be elaborate or anything. Whether it takes ten minutes or several hours to make doesn't necessarily say anything about how it turns out. Oda for one is a fan of traditional art styles, and uses them occasionally to underline certain content, like this old-fashioned style of Japanese folklore illustrations. Depicting figures of great influence as fierce demons was quite common. I like his tribute, and I wonder why so many people don't. It's not like they have to pull out all the stops on this; consider it like a mangaka equivalent of a birthday card.

That said, my favorite is the tribute illustrated by Yoshihiro Togashi of Yu Yu Hakusho fame. It looks exactly like the real Naruto. Not many artists can pull that off.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tengou
    I like his tribute, and I wonder why so many people don't.
    I think many of us know, that in outside world Oda is someone who doesn't know how to draw anything besides his own OP masterpiece, even if he tries to use different style. For example, if it's about the topic of different style used by Oda I can give a perfect explanation to this: if he would use the art of OP, his main art, it would look even more horrible - that's why he used some different style to minimize the effect of "bad"; but still, it's Oda we're talking about and nonetheless seems - at least - "odd". I think only truly fans of Oda <or just OP generally> can appreciate that - I, for ones, even if OP is awesome can tell, that Oda's artwork is the first thing which doesn't attract ppl outside of Japan to his work. Only when you overcome this horrible art <I'm trying to talk only from the perspective of someone who is objective here > you can appreciate eveyrthing about OP, including that "horrible" art which becomes than "awesome". That's what I think at least.
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Tengou's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm. I suppose I do have to concede the fact that I am a blatant Oda fangirl, yeah.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member tk_rout's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Yagami1211 @NF was kind enough to translate the following mangaka messages on request.Thank him if you can.I thought it would be nice to share.

Yashihiro Togashi (HxH,Yu Yu Hakusho): Congratulations for the 10th year.
    You didn't change since the day I met you.
    Just like you I want to perfect my abilities as a mangaka. But I won't lose to you.
    Take care of your health while you continue writing.

Akimoto(Kochikame): Congrats for 10 years of serialization.
    To write a work of art for a long time like this, I think you need to have
    a strong body and a soft sense of conceptualization. Be careful to not get ill.

Amano(
    Reborn) : Congratulations for the 10th year.
    A long time ago, I asked you, Kishimoto-sensei, what would you want to do on if you had the time.
    You answered "I want to take a good time and relax in a hot spring and to do plastic models. That was impressive to me.
    I can't wait to see what lies in Naruto next.

Obata (Death Note,Bakuman): Congrats for 10 years of serialization.
    When I think Naruto, I think battle scenes.
    Your work and characters are full or your so personal touch, I like to see their fluid movements in battle each week.
    Show us now, just like before, even more badass battles with awesome art. I look forward to this.

Watsuki(Rurouni Kenshin) : Naruto started when Rurouni Kenshin ended on the same Jump # issue.
    You took my place as the "Japanese aura" mangaka, that was nice.
    When I take a glimpse at your manga, it's so obvious to me. You took my place, and you did more than that.
    Congratulations for the 10th year.

Hoshino(D.Gray-man) : I like quite a lot the world and characters you created.
    So I wanted to congratulate you on how you did well to go this far.
    This sounds like a lot what a fan would write. Well, since I'm one of your fan, it can't be helped.
    I couldn't think of anything else to say but "Congrats, man !".
    Last edited by tk_rout; August 13, 2010 at 11:57 PM.

11. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    You took my place as the "Japanese aura" mangaka, that was nice.
    I like comment made by Watsuki mangaka - that's what I'm talking about, always, when it comes to Naruto ^^

And.. its not the first time seeing this, but why so many ppl say about "illness/being ill" towards Kishi-sama? Is he really ill or sth <you know, not some flu or sth like that which is temporary, but sth else>?
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably because he is overworked, and overworked people tend to get ill (and other mangaka might understand very well). Or it could be that illnesses have brought a lot of problems to mangaka generally, I dunno.

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member tk_rout's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Mangaka messages on Naruto 10th Anniversary Special Fanbook 2

takL was kind enough to translate some mangaka messages on request. Thank him if you can.

hideaki sorachi(Gintama):
    "Congratulations on the 10th anniversary. To celebrate the birth of yet another great 'hokage' in the village of jump, i, a genin mangaka Sorachi, was intending to engrave sensei's baby face on the cliff ...however as the deadly deadline force, the shuei clan closed in on me, this time i must excuse myself here.
    Take that! rasenn G-pen shuriken!!"

mitsutoshi shimabukuro(Toriko):
    "Awesome!! Kishimoto-san!! Congratulations on the 10th anniversary of 'naruto'!! the hardness of continuing a weekly serial for 10 yrs is beyond my imagination! Too awesome!! Please just take care not to strain your health (although i know it’s not easy) and keep your dash!"

kenta shinohara(Sket Dance):
    "Kishimoto sensei, Congratulations on the 10th anniversary of 'naruto'! Being heavily impressed by your keeping the thrill steadily for this long, i'm one-sidedly regarding you as my great senior figure and my stimulus. Please keep on showing us your kickass world further and further.

toshiaki iwashiro(PSYREN):
    "Congratulations on the 10th anniversary. Looking back, when i was a college student 'naruto' was already a big name manga at jump and when i started my own serial, naruto was already a big boy.
    Please continue to write narutos actions as electric as always."

Kentarou Yabuki(Black cat & To Love-ru):
    "Congratulations on the 10th anniversary! Considering that I'm in my 10th year since my debut with my first series, I acutely feel it's marvellous that naruto has kept on going so long as my mangaka career.
    Where will the story that has developed without a wobble for 10 years go? i m on tiptoe for the future of naruto."

Riichiro Inagaki(Eye shield 21):
    "How splendid to constantly create something new for 10 years is! Keep your camerawork running on the frontiers of manga expression and keep bringing on your cool-ass arts everyone wants to copy.
    Congratulations on the 10th anniversary!"

ryuuhei tamura(Beelzebub):
    "Kishimoto sensei, congratulations on the 10th anniversary. (Having a serial for) 10 year's incredible time. Imagining it, i feel dizzy. Or rather, its too different world for me to imagine. Although I'm still a newborn baby(as a mangaka), I'm fortunate that I can participate in the (anniversary?) project ."

16. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dr.mohd.arbash's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the translations. It is awesome to know how much Naruto is loved by the other authors. They got my respect.
    Kishimoto-Sama <3
    My Naruto Vol. 50 <3

New Reply
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12