Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: Tobaku Haouden Zero and Tobaku Haouden Zero: Gyankihen by FUKUMOTO Nobuyuki

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member sabret00the's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Tobaku Haouden Zero and Tobaku Haouden Zero: Gyankihen by FUKUMOTO Nobuyuki

Tobaku Haouden Zero
    By: Fukumoto Nobuyuki
    Genre: Psychological, Gambling
    Serialized In: Weekly Shounen Magazine
    Publisher: Kodansha
    Mangaupdates

Ukai Rei saves three troubled teens from a Suicide Website, and together they choose to work as modern-day 'Robin Hoods' of society. However, Rei's friends are caught by an underworld gang whose heist the group had foiled. In order to rescue them, Rei is forced to enter a gambling competition hosted by a rich, rotten old man who is looking for a talented gambler to be his rep player in an upcoming gambling tournament for millionaires from all over the world. The reward money? ONE TRILLION YEN.

Anyone know what happened to the scanlations regarding this? It's from the same author as Akagi and Kaiji and is a good read, however, there's nothing beyond chapter seventy available.
    Last edited by Kaiten; April 03, 2012 at 10:52 AM. Reason: for info
    *Have you taken a look at Onepunch-Man? You should consider it, it's a great manga!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gambling Emperor Legend Zero by FUKUMOTO Nobuyuki

Quote Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
    Anyone know what happened to the scanlations regarding this? It's from the same author as Akagi and Kaiji and is a good read, however, there's nothing beyond chapter seventy available.
    You had me at "same author as Akagi and Kaiji."
    I'll go read those seventy chapters right now, and I'll be back later to discuss them and fall in despair because no one is scanlating it anymore.

Turns out, it's not the scanlators fault. The manga is on hiatus.
    Last edited by Sherlock Holmes; November 02, 2009 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you think of it?
    *Have you taken a look at Onepunch-Man? You should consider it, it's a great manga!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
    What did you think of it?
    I loved it. It's like Liar Game, except that the stakes are much higher. I can't believe it's on hiatus! Though I understand that thinking of a manga like that must be really hard, the author might need a break once in a while.

Know any other mangas like this one?
    Last edited by Sherlock Holmes; November 02, 2009 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Sadly not, I'm looking for some myself. But glad you liked it. If I do find anything else of similar calibre, i'll be sure to shoot you a pm.

Oh yeah, just remembered Usogui, but that's not quite up to par.
    Last edited by sabret00the; November 03, 2009 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

New Reply