Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Top 12 of the Genin12

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Top 12 of the Genin12

Please add some of your reasons for picking a specific order.
    Thank you!

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Sasuke View Post
    My list:
    Sasuke/Naruto
    choji
    Neji
    Lee
    Shikamaru
    shino
    HInta/sakura
    Kiba
    Ino
    ten ten
    1. Sasuke/Naruto for obvious reasons. They been equal most of the series, and shown more growth then any other character. IMO, they are all ready two of the most strongest shinobi in history.
    2. Choji, with his new found power was named the head of his clan. Its comparable to Sage Mode IMO (Strength wise)
    3. Neji. Genius, deadly Taijutsu.
    4. Lee. Gates
    5. Shikamaru. Genis, but lazy.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lelo's Avatar
    Country
    Lebanon
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DementedKirby View Post
    Reliability in battle. Plain and simple. He almost got his ass handed to him if it wasn't for... who? INO. She saved him. Also, if Ino is able to inhabit more than one body with her new skills, she can easily fight with one while protecting her real body with the other. Much more useful. Also, just because Chouji can become so gargantuan doesn't mean he's undefeatable. That simple. She's also very mature (I'd say even more so than Sakura). Also, if I had to have a teammate with me, I'd rather have someone who can save my ass, cure it, instead being a huge, crying target (not that I'm dissing Chouji per se, I'm just stacking him up against Ino).

As for saying that Ino's justu's only being for intel only, that doesn't make her any different from a Hyuuga as of late (well, actually a long time now).
    She'll be just like her father. When they need to interogate someone they'll use her. That and healing jutsus is all shes good for. And having her on ur team is great but we're not talking about who's a better teammate. And she only does her mind switch jutsu when Shikamaru is their to hold the enemy down with his shadow jutsu. She cant hit a moving target. And we've seen a lot of shinobis have their 1 on 1 battles against enemies but we havent seen Ino in an 1 on 1 battle. She is only used on a team of 3 or she stays in the village.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Cocos Islands
    Post Thanks / Like

0- Kabuto
    1- Naruto
    2- Sasuke
    3- Gaara
    4- Lee
    5- Shino
    6- Neji
    7- Choji
    8- Kankuro
    9- Shikamaru
    10- Ino
    11- Sakura
    12- Kiba
    13- Temari
    14- TenTen
    15- Hinata

I added some extra Genins ^

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member GyoMasta's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

1&2- Sasuke and Naruto. Each is powerful enough to explode the other ex-genin. They possess illegal abilities: MS and EMS for Sasuke and SM+being jinchuuriki for naruto

3-Neji: He's genius, he was the only Jounin (both in level and in rank) out of the 12 who were in Konoha in the begin of Shippuden(therefore excluding Sasuke (for rank, not level)). Hyuuga Style Taijutsu prodigy

4-Rock Lee/Aburame Shino: 1st) really powerful with his Tajutsu and Gate-Opening ability. 2nd) Shino represents well the character of ninja (not as well as Haku and Itachi, but still). He analyze the situation, trick the enemy (vs Kankurou), has a wide and precise enough range of action tanks to his bugs that can be used to capture, tracking, torture, espionnage, detection/surveillance, diversion, defense and escape. Quite good versatility to compensate with his less impressive taijutsu skills.

5-Shikamaru: Truly intelligent, skilled leader, analyst who knows how to take advantage of the situation. His situation is particular because he can defeat opponents more powerful than himself but I think he would have some trouble dealing with Shino's bugs who can't really get caught by the Kage style Ninjutsu. He might caught Rock Lee if his not moving too fast but his shadow would turn less effective if Rock Lee releases too much chakra by opening the Inner doors.

6-Chouji: the last chapters made him interesting. I thought about putting Kibamaru before him his greater speed but... the last chapters were interesting and the coin decided otherwise.

7-Kibamaru: They have both speeding, speed and agility when the enter beast-mode/man mode or when they fuse to create cerberus' brother (cerberus "truly" had a two-headed brother, but forgot the name). They can track the enemy which reduce they "let's move out of range to think of something against that beast" time/opportunity, but isn't smart enough if you ask me.

8-TenTen: almost respect for the taijutsu weapon useing girl. vast amount of weapons in stuck, always hit the target (except when she doesn't hahaha). The fastest among the girls.

9- Hinata: must give credit to the Jyuuken user. She even start using hakkeshou. You kill with those. Not even need to actually physically touch the target. Problem: she lack initative or "you're mom's waiting for you in hell, punk!" attitude (she's the one supoposed to say that, not turning into kamikaze).

10-Sakura: Except for her strength she's not impressive enough in battle(the vs. sasori think was total nonsense. Ask Gaara to play with satetsu and you would have seen what someone with Sasori's caliber really was supposed to use it). She ain't fast enough (except if you act like Zetsu hehehe). And she got owned so well by Karui of the Cloud I can just laugh and put her behing Hinata (I would have put her behind hinata anyway, from part 1 to now.)

If Sakura fights against Hinata, the only thing could do to protect herself would be to blow the ground hoping for the projectiles and stuff to keep her at a certain distance. And she can't hind from the Byakugan. Tenten is also faster and better in taijutsu than she is (Sakura just being physically stronger thanks to chakra control).

Ino's out of the thing. You see her making the seals and she's dead.

___

If I was to put Gaara, Kankurou and Temari they would respectively be 3rd, 5th and 6th.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Naruto
    2. Sasuke
    3. Shikamaru
    4. Neji
    5. Lee
    6 Sakura
    7. Chouji
    8. Shino
    9. Hinata
    10. Ino
    11. Tenten

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Tier 1(sasuke,naruto).
    Sasuke uchiha since the beggining of the academy was the best of the 12 genins and he kept his growing and kept his sharingan evolving and until this point of the manga sasuke is one of the strongest shinobis of this world.

Naruto was the clown of the 12 genins but he worked so hard and kept his nindo way and worked so hard to become strong and by now he is consider a hero and learned sennin-sage and even over come the kyuubi and it's even able to use the kyuubi power.
    naruto & sasuke are the strongest of the 12.

Tier 2 (Neji,Shikamaru,shino).
    Neji had obtained many of the skills only taught to the main family line while
    they're only tought to the main family member and he is become even stronger after naruto
    showed him that you can change you destiny and had learned how to used his byakugan.

Shikamaru is a slacker but he is a strong shinobi and his stragedies made him a jonin in the chunin exam.

Shino is a stranger guy that he doesn't talk to much and it is a serious shinobi but as we saw and the chunin exam shino defeated kankuro and proved how strong he is with his bugs.

Tier 3.( lee,sakura,).

Lee was a ninja that couldn't performed any ninjutsu but that didn't stop him for becoming a shinobi and worked harder to make it up for his lack of ninjutsu and worked on his tajutsu harder than the rest and become a great shinobi..

Sakura been good since the beggining and she has a strong punch and until now keep her
    physical power and mastering tsunade's healing power.

Tier 4(kiba choji hinata)
    Kiba and choji are good shinobi but nothing out of normal.
    Hinata is from the main family but her confident is really low and thank's to naruto
    she obtained his nindo way and had work hard to become stronger.

Tier 5(ino,tenten).
    no coment about these two the weakest of the 12.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Apparently you've forgotten what Choji did a few chapters ago. The Guy has proven himslf to be in the top 5 Gennin, i personally put him only behind Sasuke and Naruto. I also think shino gets to much credit just for having chakra sucking bugs, i mean what has he done? really!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Sasuke and Naruto

3. Hyyuga Neji

4. Shikhamaru

5. Chouji

6. Shino

7. Lee

8. Sakura

9. Ino

10. Kiba

11. Hinata

12. Tenten

Kiba hasnt really done anythign to be worthy of a higher rank. Yes, he fought Sakon but needed Kankuros help. On the other hand, we havent seen Shino in action much either, bugs doesnt necessarily mean bad performance.

Sakura is the strongest female genin, she is extremely skilled Medic and fought sasori bravely. Ino's effective ninja with medic skills at the same time, make them higher ranked than kiba. Hinata is ahead only of tenten, a filler character for all practical purposes.

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Apparently you've forgotten what Choji did a few chapters ago. The Guy has proven himslf to be in the top 5 Gennin, i personally put him only behind Sasuke and Naruto. I also think shino gets to much credit just for having chakra sucking bugs, i mean what has he done? really!!
    Other than the root ninja, Shino is the only Aburame clan dude we have seen in action. His bugs can trace, suck chakra and also act as defense. He can be an effective member of the team and can do a good job on one on one battle at the same time. His weakness is dependence on bugs. Imagine he fought someone with fire skill, or water skill, anything that would repel the bugs, hes pretty much dead.

But all said, hes definitely more useful than lee, who can do only taijutsu, I think a 6 position is fitting for him
    Last edited by hokageji; June 06, 2011 at 10:42 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

what choji has done also?...just because he grow big and some buttleflies wings and hit everything that he could but who he did defeated? a buch of zetsus , he tried to hit gedo statue and he didn't do a scratch and in the whole manga 542 he hasn't do a thing so don't tell me now that he is one great shinobi so next chapter kishi show tenten doing something similar and she will be behind naruto and sasuke level?..lol.
    shikamaru had proved to be smart and he defeated hidan and in the whole 542 chapters he has helped alot in so many fights and even neji not been part of the main hyuuga family and neji has proved that he is great shinobi, he is a jonin for something , he learned all the techniques and become so strong and sakura defeated sasori and learned to be a medical ninja and even rock lee with his lack of ninjutsu had showed something thw hard work but choji,ino,tenten and even kiba haven't proved be better than the rest of the shinobi 12 andshino at least defeated kankuro in the gaara arc.
    Last edited by EMS; June 08, 2011 at 06:32 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess you forgot that Choji defeated Asuma and Kakuzu.... If thats not enough for you to put him in the top five, name some else who has defeated elite shinobis by themselves beside Naruto and Sasuke.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess you forgot that Choji defeated Asuma and Kakuzu.... If thats not enough for you to put him in the top five, name some else who has defeated elite shinobis by themselves beside Naruto and Sasuke.
    sakura defeated sasori and shikamaru defeated hidan the one that defeated asuma and choji and shikamaru and ino and other ninjas were fighting asuma and other ninjas sealed asuma not choji.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So Sakura defeated Sasori..... and Lady chio did nothing? come on! Sakura would've died less then one minute if chio wasn't there.
    Shikamaru did defeat Hidan after he had a week of prep time, hell he could defeat anyone with that much time to come up with a plan.

Choji took down Asuma and Kakzuzu to allow them to be sealed.... in other words he defeated them.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So Sakura defeated Sasori..... and Lady chio did nothing? come on! Sakura would've died less then one minute if chio wasn't there.
    Shikamaru did defeat Hidan after he had a week of prep time, hell he could defeat anyone with that much time to come up with a plan.

Choji took down Asuma and Kakzuzu to allow them to be sealed.... in other words he defeated them.
    why din't choji use that week to come up with a plan to defeat hidan instead of shikamaru?. i agree choji did something diferent and man up but that doesn't give him anything to say that he is better than shikamaru,neji or even sakura or shino.
    what choji did with his buttlerflies wings it is all that he had ever done in 542 chapters.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shikamaru: Part one. Lead the rescue Sasuke mission and almost got his whole team killed luckly the sand Ninjas saved him.
    Part two. Let Asuma sensei die cause he was worthless.

after a week, came back with a plan to defeat Asuma's killer.... shikamaru resume isn't that impressive. Shino, Neji hasn;t done anything in part two.

New Reply
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast