Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Pair Puri Discussion Thread

THE MH FOODIE 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Sai_the_Shaman's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pair Puri Discussion Thread

Here's the Translation for Jitaku 2

http://saitheshaman.wordpress.com/20...use-of-sanada/

In other news, I'm teaming up with Lucathia as a co-tler and JAC to get this full thing scanlated for you all XD. I won't tl every little word in the first run through with the individual releases, but a full vol release will have every thing scanlated and added XD Look forward to it XD

Anyhow, Hope you enjoy Sanada's morning. It's hilarious XD

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner voicA's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanada's morning IS hilarious. I just loved the fact that his grandpa's better in technology then Genichirou himself XDD

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Jyten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sai_the_Shaman View Post
    Here's the Translation for Jitaku 2

http://saitheshaman.wordpress.com/20...use-of-sanada/

In other news, I'm teaming up with Lucathia as a co-tler and JAC to get this full thing scanlated for you all XD. I won't tl every little word in the first run through with the individual releases, but a full vol release will have every thing scanlated and added XD Look forward to it XD

Anyhow, Hope you enjoy Sanada's morning. It's hilarious XD
    That was silly. I guess Sanada's rivalry spans generations. So, its in his genes. Makes sense now why Sanada wanted to beat Tezuka so much. If I were him though, I personally would be more annoyed at losing to a first year. Or losing every time I ever played my childhood friend Yuki, that would just suck.
    Dang, starting to get too old for manga and anime....

Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to note that I made a mistake in my original tl of sanada's omake

Tezuka's gramps name is Kunikazu, not Kuni'ichi....I tled the name based jsut on my looking at the kanji and not thinking...

Here's the last of the manga in Pair Puri (The Prince of After School)

http://saitheshaman.wordpress.com/20...go-no-ojisama/

I'll be getting profiles and such done next XD
    Last edited by Sai_the_Shaman; November 13, 2009 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Atobe: HAH HAHAHAHA

Atobe: Be Intoxicated by our amazing Manzaaaaaiiii!!

Sanada: FUHAHAHAHAAHAH!!!
    I'd pay a serious amount of money to see that animated XD

Quote Quote:
    Konomi: If I became Atobe, I would like to set off the Hyoutei chant with the snap of a finger. I'm always envious of Suwabe-san for that. (laughs)

If I became Sanada, I would yell, "How are you being gentleman-like!" at Yagyuu for his recent non-gentleman-like actions (trickery). Then, I would make him eat my slap, and when he's still in shock I would look down at him by using "Rai" to run away in a dash. (laughs) Furthermore, I would thickly spread hair gel in Yanagi's hair to make his hair stand up. Then, I would use "Rai"...
    I love how Konomi is perfectly aware of how ridiculous Rai is.
    Last edited by Sherlock Holmes; November 14, 2009 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

I got the profile pages translated ^^

If you don't get the placement of where something goes on the page, just ask me ^^

http://saitheshaman.wordpress.com/20...-01-profiling/

I'll get to the play style pages tomorrow

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    #
    # Skills outside of Tennis: Iaido, Kendo

#
    # Skills outside of Tennis: Fencing, Ballroom Dancing
    They need to have a duel. Now.

Go, Atobe! Show him the power of the gentlemen's art of fencing!

...I wonder if Atobe studies Epee, Foil or Saber.

Quote Quote:
    Blue: Of course, right? After all such magnificence requires a much refined and dignified style of movement. (Atobe)
    YOU TELL THEM ATOBE!
    Fencing is refined and dignified!
    (in case anyone is blind enough not to notice, I'm a fencer.)
    Last edited by Sherlock Holmes; November 16, 2009 at 01:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Hahah Sherlock,

This is why I do chinese sword ^^ the power of Kendo with the manuverability of Fencing XD

I really would like to see an official Atobe vs Sanada match up. Should be good especially since one's a winner and one's a loser so it is possible to see eventually XD

I wouldn't mind seeing Atobe decide to counter Samurai Tennis with some fencing based things lol

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't either. Although my attempts at Fencing Tennis proved to be innefective in the past, I'm sure Atobe could pull it off.

Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's File 03 - Play Styles

http://saitheshaman.wordpress.com/20...03-play-style/

Here's an image for the next vol. of Pairpuri

Last edited by Sai_the_Shaman; November 27, 2009 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oni_James's Avatar
    Country
    Catalonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
    They need to have a duel. Now.

Go, Atobe! Show him the power of the gentlemen's art of fencing!

...I wonder if Atobe studies Epee, Foil or Saber.

YOU TELL THEM ATOBE!
    Fencing is refined and dignified!
    (in case anyone is blind enough not to notice, I'm a fencer.)
    It's nice to see there's more fencers in Mangahelpers. (Epee fencer here) ^^ Dunno why, but i'd think Atobe as an Epee or Foil fencer and I'm sure he fences it as good as he plays tennis. xD
    ...wait if Konomi's out of ideas for Atobe's new techniques... I don't want to imagine if he mixes Tennis and Fencing. lol
    Last edited by Oni_James; November 28, 2009 at 07:26 AM.
    ざわ...ざわ...

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oni_James View Post
    It's nice to see there's more fencers in Mangahelpers. (Epee fencer here) ^^ Dunno why, but i'd think Atobe as an Epee or Foil fencer and I'm sure he fences it as good as he plays tennis. xD
    ...wait if Konomi's out of ideas for Atobe's new techniques... I don't want to imagine if he mixes Tennis and Fencing. lol
    Epee fencer here as well!

I think Atobe is an Epee fencer as well. More freedom to move and make his own strategies. He could be a foil fencer too though, his insight would be beastly. Don't see him doing Saber. Too fast.

Maybe Historical or Classical fencing? Haha.

Turns out, fencing and tennis don't mix very well. I tried mixing them for fun haha.

This is what happened: *quoting from another topic*

Quote Quote:
    Sherlock Holmes reporting.

I asked a friend who knows nothing about fencing to play a tennis match against me today. This is how it went.

Friend:Good luck.
    Me: En garde!
    Friend: ....you really going through with this crap?
    Me: Yes, I am.

Game count- 0 to 0
    I was the first one to serve.

Me: TAKE THIS! MY SUPER SPECIAL FENCING SERVE!
    Friend: What?(I assume he said that. I was screaming so I couldn't really hear him.)

My special serve consisted of throwing the ball in the air, and then thrusting it with the frame of my racket. Since I'm a fencer, my accuracy is rather good, and I managed to hit the ball like that. Imagine someone holding a racket like a sword, and hitting it. Not slashing it, thrusting it.

The ball somehow just barely managed to pass the net, and it barely bounced. My friend was very, very shocked.

Me:HA! That's my....Thrusting serve. You can't return it!

Friend:It's not like I couldn't...It's just that I really didn't think that crappy serve was going to go over the net!

Me: Tell me that AFTER YOU RETURN IT! *LargeHam*

15-0.

I use my super special thrusting serve again. It went to the wrong side. Fault. I hit it again. My friend tries to return it, but the ball barely bounced, and he ended up making the ball hit the net.

Me: HAHAHAHAH! IT'S.UN.RE.FUCKING.TURNABLE.

Friend:...shut up. It's just that I never played against such a stupid serve before, that's all.

30-0. My friend was now near the net to to make sure he would have time to return my thrusting serve. So I hit a regular serve instead.

He: CHEATER.

Me:Hey, not my fault if you were wide open.

He then went back to his regular receiving position. I hit the thrusting serve again. That totally caught him off guard, and he somehow managed to screw up returning that so bad he made the ball go backwards.

Game. 1-0.

Friend: ...That's the most ridiculous game I've ever lost.

Me: Behold my magnificence and freeze, scum!(LargeHam)

Friend: Oh shut up, will you?

My receiving game now. I tried to hit the ball back by thrusting it again. That made him knock my racket out of my hand. It hurt.

15-0.

I tried thrusting the ball again. Same result.

30-0.

I thought to myself "alright...Imagine the ball is a sword. He is clearly knocking your guard away, so instead of facing the opponent head on, what do you do? You hit it from the side!" So I had the brilliant idea of using the frame of the racket to hit the side of the ball. I managed to deflect the ball. And by that I mean I made the ball go to my left side instead of hitting me. But I didn't return it. Hell I didn't even stop it. I just changed the direction.

Friend:...D...Did you just try to freaking PARRY A TENNIS BALL?

Me:Oh you do know some stuff about fencing!

Friend:................I got NO COMMENT to you.

40-0. I tried parrying again, but nothing. 1-1.
    I won my serving game again with my super special awesome thrusting serve, but he won his by not being a moron. He then somehow learned how to break my serve, and then I was screwed because he also won his service game.
    2-4.

My service game again. This time I won, again by screwing with him with my thrusting serve. My hand was going numb by then. (Notes: Fencing style does to my hand what sanada's style does to his leg. Except I don't bleed. It just hurts.)

3-4. His service game. 5-3. My turn. 5-4.
    Now it was his service game. It was time to use my last resort.

Me: You know how Sanada has FuuRinKaZan?
    Him: Yeah so?
    Me: I'm the same. I have my SabEpFo.
    Him:...dude, giving your tennis shots names is really stupid.
    Me: And I was just using Ep! NOW PREPARE TO SEE THE SAB!
    Him:...Let's just get this over with and never, ever talk about this again okay?

He served. He thought he was going to get an ace, like always. But no. The ball bounced and I jumped at it. Yes, jumped at it. And hit it, of course. In a slashing motion. RETURN. MOTHERFUCKING. ACE. Seriously that was the first good shot I got in the game. In his service games he won all of them with 4 aces. In my service games I just screwed with him and he got to return them A LOT, and we went on A LOT of deuces. But FINALLY, finally, FINALLY I scored a point by basically jumping at the ball even though I didn't need to jump at it.

Him:What the fuck was that? *laughing like crazy*

Me: Flèche.

I should point this out, Fleche is a fencing technique not even allowed in Saber fencing. But I only remembered that after claiming that I had switched my fencing style, so...Who cares?

The rest of the game went well. With me occasionally shouting fencing terms for parrying high, low, and head attacks while hitting balls. It was fun, but I felt slightly retarded.

"Tierce!
    Quarte!
    Quinte!"

They were not even appropriate to the shots I returned, but screw that. They weren't even fencing techniques they were...Oh who cares, the point is, I was swinging my racket as I would swing a saber, and that surprisingly worked. Really.

It was not much of the swing as the fact that the timing completely messed up with him. First, I reached the ball with my racket MUCH earlier than a regular played. Second, right after I reached the ball, instead of hitting it I took a step back(reflex. I imagined I was parrying someone, and if their sword is going to the ground, you freaking take a step back to make sure it's not going to touch you and THEN you hit them.)

I freaking won that, and won my serving game not-with-my-thrusting serve. I used an underhanded serve using a saber fencing motion. It double faulted a little, but it was more reliable than my thrusting stupidity. Specially since my friend had gotten used to the timing of that thing. Then it was his service game, and I won. I think that's all, unless I forgot to tell you guys something about it.

Final score: 7-5. I won. Somehow. Not entirely sure.

Conclusion: Epee fencing: Uh...Well...Don't. It's stupid. Only use it to serve, and even then, use it only a few times since after your opponent gets used to the timing it's freaking useless. A good player can learn to return it after one shot. My friend is really really bad so it took him a while.

Foil fencing:...Didn't test it. I'M SEALING IT OFF. YEAH. LIKE RAI.
    *didn't think of any Foil techniques to use in fencing* I'M.SEALING.IT.OFF.

Saber fencing: Surprisingly, it works well. I'm not the best saber fencer ever(I'm mainly an epee fencer) but I'm fairly good at it. And it actually works well in fencing. I mean, you look retarded while doing it, but it actually works. Not sure for how long though, and it made me get tired a lot. Probably because duels last way less than a tennis match, so the exaggerated swinging motions that shouldn't bother me much made me feel like I was dying. But still, it works. And that's a surprise.

Excuse me, now that I see that's possible, I'll go try to kill some dinosaurs.
    It was fun as hell doing that. I sure hope Atobe gets some fencing techniques. It would be awesome. Or at least mentions fencing in the manga.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha, I'd give quite a bit to see something like fencing tennis. If I ever come to Canada, we shall have a match, no?

(Don't worry, I won't use my dominant hand)

While I'm at it, who here is playing tennis in reality?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oni_James's Avatar
    Country
    Catalonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
    It was fun as hell doing that. I sure hope Atobe gets some fencing techniques. It would be awesome. Or at least mentions fencing in the manga.
    It sure sounded like it was fun, lol at the SabEpFo, sounds nice xD
    The more i think, the more convinced i am that Atobe+Fencing+Tennis=EPIC WIN
    I just hope Konomi hasn't said those Atobe extra-tennis skills for nothing, at least we saw in the anime that the animators picked Sanada's Kendo, for the first time, let's have hopes on those filler-makers. xD
    ざわ...ざわ...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Jyten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sai_the_Shaman View Post
    Hahah Sherlock,

This is why I do chinese sword ^^ the power of Kendo with the manuverability of Fencing XD

I really would like to see an official Atobe vs Sanada match up. Should be good especially since one's a winner and one's a loser so it is possible to see eventually XD

I wouldn't mind seeing Atobe decide to counter Samurai Tennis with some fencing based things lol
    Off topic...
    Chinese sword, power of kendo, maneuverability of Fencing? Curious, what type of Wushu do you study?

I think its close to the power of kendo but the swords are built different. I at least don't have the same slashing power with the Chinese sword as when I hold a katana . Same with the speed of Fencing, sure I can thrust but not nearly as quickly since most Chinese swords are heavier and shorter. It's a nice a in between though.

Granted I feel safest with a spear/staff (If we're talking about non-modern day warfare). I'll take on all of you sword users. jkjk, don't want to get 0wned.

On topic, thanks for the play styles Sai. Also, PoT defies the laws of physics and since Atobe is a genius. He could make fencing a viable tennis skill set.

I really want to see Sanada using kendo fight Atobe using fencing!
    Dang, starting to get too old for manga and anime....

New Reply
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast