Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sengoku Youko by MIZUKAMI Satoshi

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sengoku Youko by MIZUKAMI Satoshi

Oh yes that new chapter was nice. 20 years of training planned, 8 years seems to have done the trick.

That ending was pretty awesome, I'll be impressed if there's any real dialogue with Jinka. But this author always surprises me in all his works.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SHINOBI-03's Avatar
    Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait till we see Jinka again. It's been a very long time since we last saw him.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes it's funny how Mizumaki makes his time skip very naturally.
    About Jinka I wonder if he will have some humanity left in him. I hope he still looks like a little like he used to.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, thanks for the recommendation k-dom. Absolutely fantastic story. I found Yoshiteru particularly great and lovable. I enjoyed so much the whole arc about him and how Senya grew up and accomplished to become human thanks to his wisdom. To me, that arc has been really well told; a truly gem. The characters are great and very creative, the art is nice to see. The world created by the author is full of imagination and very interesting.

It will be nice to see again Jinka, and the battle between Senya and him will be a pay per view one.

My only worry is how long will it take to the author to tell all the story. He began in 2008, and I see is a monthly series. I hope the group come back to the regular releases they have some months ago.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes ! I was sure you would like it, Mizukami is a great writer so I don't worry to much about the length and I don't think it will become a 50 volumes manga anyway. His previous work Biscuit Hammer is highly praised and is only 10 volumes long (that could be an interesting proposition for a common reading).
    If you are interested, currently he is also doing Spirit Circle. It's also monthly and only at the beginning but the scanlations are regular and up to date. Once again his storytelling is very original and doesn't disappoint
    Last edited by k-dom; September 20, 2013 at 02:32 AM.

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice nice chapter! I guess Jinka created the barrier as a defence against the Black Void spirits. So he's not counting at all with Tama, Senya and co.

The guys of Vexed scans wrote in their blog:

Quote Quote:
    How long's it been since the last one of these? 72 days? Well, having to go 72 days without any Sengoku Youko sucks ass, so here's chapter 55 for now, with 56 on the way (hopefully Monday if the redraws are done in time). However, after that the only raws I have are iffy Chinese ones (except for chapters 61 & 62) that I'd rather not use, so for those chapters it'll depend on when I can get good magazine or tank scans. Hence, if you know someone who gets Comic Blade or wants to rip up their copies of volumes 10 and 11, send them my way.
    ---------- Post added November 16, 2013 at 02:23 AM ---------- Previous post was November 08, 2013 at 11:15 AM ----------

A pervy powerful master makes an honest offer to a sexy lady to become his disciple. Such gracefully twist!

Since he's the master of Jinka, I bet Tsukiko will be a key to the battle.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

It's so shameful that it didn't happen. What a handy way to deal with things.
    And I doubt Tsukiko wicked way will be fundamentally evil. But I'm still curious anyway. And this return of Kogetsukai mad me think I probably need to reread this manga sometime.
    OK time to go buy my next volumes of Samidare now.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Tsukiko using her sexy legs to trick Kokugetsusai is just such a wonderful move!!! And it's quite impressive that the pervy master keep his word, and promises what he said. He's a pervy and honorable master. This is charming from all the ways you look at it.

I'm not sure to understand well the idea that humans are the best at being evil. Sure humans are moral beings, and in that case we are evil and good. But I guess, the context of the story will let us know what Kokugetsusai meant with that line.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2