Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Season 2 of Liar Game

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Season 2 of Liar Game

Liar Game

Genre: Psychological

Cast:
    -Matsuda Shota
    -Toda Erika
    -Suzuki Kousuke
    -Kichise Michiko

Season 1

Synopsis
    Quote Quote:
    Based on the manga series of the same name, Toda Erika plays an honest college student, Kanzaki Nao, who receives a hundred million yen one day, along with a card saying she has been chosen to take part in the "Liar Game". The aim of the game is to trick the other players out of their hundred million dollars. At the end, the winner gets the hundred million and the loser is a hundred million yen in debt. The next day, she receives notification that her opponent is her former teacher, Fujisawa Kazuo. She goes to him, seeking help, but ends up getting tricked into handing her money over. Desperate, she approaches the police for help, but they are unable to do anything. However, she is told of a mastermind swindler, Akiyama Shinichi, who is to be released from jail the next day. Desperate, she goes to him for help. (mysoju)
    Season 2

Synopsis:
    Quote Quote:
    The naïve Kanzaki Nao and expert swindler Akiyama Shinichi have not heard anything from the LIAR GAME organization since the end of the previous game, so it seems they may have actually escaped. But Nao suddenly gets another invitation and is once again caught up in the game. This time, she has to team up with Shinichi and one of their previous rivals named Fukunaga, facing off against three more opponents in new games of deception, such as "24 Rensou Russian Roulette" and "17 Poker." –(Tokyograph)
    I’m a huge fan of the manga, Liar Game is one of my favorite series without a doubt! Sometimes it happens that the manga is awesome, but the J-drama is not a very good one. However, Liar Game is different; its J-drama counterpart is just as interesting and great as the manga. I watched the first season of LG, so of course I’m excited and I’m going to watch the second season of this incredible series.

So for all the fans of Liar Game, J-dramas, and for people interested in watching something cool, here’s a thread to discuss the episodes of this fantastic TV series.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; November 13, 2009 at 03:24 PM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Liar Game (season 2)

SARS-Fansubs will be subbing this season as well.
    A twitter update from the translator:
    - Liar Game Season 2 episode 1 translation status: 20 minutes translated. 208/648 lines. Yay! No karaoke to worry about. ^_^ about 10 hours ago

I took a sneak peak at the raw on youtube before it was taken down and the setting for the next round is very colorful.
    They did leave the OP Season 2 online.
    Last edited by Akiyama; November 13, 2009 at 01:41 PM.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by I'm_Akiyama View Post
    SARS-Fansubs will be subbing this season as well.
    A twitter update from the translator:
    - Liar Game Season 2 episode 1 translation status: 20 minutes translated. 208/648 lines. Yay! No karaoke to worry about. ^_^ about 10 hours ago
    I was ecstatic when I found out SARS was going to do the subs for LG2, they are one of best subbing groups for Asian dramas.

I took a sneak peak at the raw on youtube before it was taken down and the setting for the next round is very colorful.
    I resisted the temptation and didn’t click on the video.I want to be surprised. ^_^

They did leave the OP Season 2 online.
    The opening looks great; watching it made me want to post this Fanmade Liar Game OP :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FC2e...eature=related

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to watch this! I really enjoyed the first season, even if the acting was at times over the top. I also can't wait to hear the awesome soundtrack!

Awesome new OP by the way!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Liar Game OST was awesome indeed. I always listen to it whenever I read a chapter of the manga, it makes reading LG even more enjoyable for me.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Download OST, it was indeed a great soundtrack, let's hope we get some new ones this season, but I will be happy either way.

Another twitter update.
    # Received Liar Game S2 ep1 script completely timed from slaw. Typesetting later after a good hearty homemade steak dinner! - about an hour ago

The suspense is killing me.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Galactic Tomahawk's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Never watched the first season myself, but I'm rather interested in this one. Intending to catch up sometime, though I may just start with season 2 and watch the first one later.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Download OST, it was indeed a great soundtrack, let's hope we get some new ones this season, but I will be happy either way.
    Judging by the op song of this season, I’ll say that if we don’t get some new songs, we’ll at least get the same songs but in a different version.

New twitter update.

3:13AM Liar Game S2 ep1 typesetting/editing/qc 1/3 done. Will finish this up Sunday after waking up. Possible release Sunday night. about 3 hours ago

Quote Originally Posted by Galactic Tomahawk View Post
    Never watched the first season myself, but I'm rather interested in this one. Intending to catch up sometime, though I may just start with season 2 and watch the first one later.
    The first season was great, but if you have read the manga then you’ll be more than fine with skipping that season and start watching LG from the second one.

Btw, here’s an interview with Erika Toda about “Liar Game 2”.
    Credit for the interview goes to jajauma.

What did you think when you got the offer for another "Liar Game", two years after the original one?

I was surprised that it turned into such a big project involving a new season and even a movie. It has been two years since the first season and I was anxious whether I really would be able to perform as Kanzaki Nao again. However, when the producers told me more about the new story and showed me pictures of the new set designs, I had no choice but to accept the offer. Suddenly I was completely eager to tackle this project. (laughs)

Do you think that Kanzaki Nao changed?

Yes, she did. I myself did a lot of different things during those two years and occasionally looked back at this ‘precious time’. When I received the first parts of the story, I immediately said to myself, "This isn’t the Kanzaki Nao from 2 years ago." I was relieved, because the same amount of time passed for her and she grew up just like myself. Therefore it was a good sign for me to react that way. The story is also different and so are the performers who make it through the 4 rounds of games. You could say that the ‘Liar Game’ itself changed a bit compared to two years ago in general, I guess.

Upon filming a few scenes already, is there anything you’d like to point out?

Both, Akiyama Shinichi and Fukunaga Yuji who won the original game, didn’t grow up a lot during that long interval. However, Nao who nothing but cried in the beginning and wasn’t able to do anything surely shows that the participation in the game definitely helped her to grow up a bit. She has become strong and serious, I have to keep that in mind during the acting. Her personal growth will continue until the movie, but I leave it to the director to decide how far he is going to go with the role of Nao.

While acting, where and how did you notice the personal growth of Nao?

I can’t tell you too much details, but there definitely have been a few particular moments. For example a very strong scene where she says to Akiyama, "You can’t believe in other people, right!?" She was crying when saying this, but it sure was surprising for her to say something like this to Akiyama. Nao always put in her utmost effort, but her newfound strength was a real shock to me.

What are your impressions on the script of ‘Season 2′ ?

It’s "Liar Game", no doubt. The beginning is similar to ‘Season 1′. Finding a black box, being startled like "No way", being tricked by Tanimura and gathering in the hall of the game… that’s how it begins, kinda… (laughs). It was a relief to know that it’s still Liar Game and that there is a Kanzaki Nao.

When did you start to feel like "Yes, I’m back at doing Liar Game" ?

The absurd amount of cuts immediately made me feel like I’m back (laughs). By the way, the movie has 3000 cuts. An ordinary movie has around 1000 cuts, but ‘Liar Game’ isn’t just an ordinary movie after all (laughs). Other things that make me feel that I’m back is the natural tough schedule, the athmosphere at the set, the tense acting of everyone involved and the talks with Matsuda-san and Suzuki-san between the filming.

It’s been two years for Matsuda Shota too. How was it to perform together after such a long time?

At the set he is Akiyama Shinichi. Just now I spoke about the growth of Nao, but of course she alone isn’t the base of the Liar Game. Nao and Akiyama together create the foundation of the story and that won’t change in the sequel. Matsuda-san did a wonderful job and nailed his role again, I was really impressed and relieved to see the same Akiyama Shinichi from two years ago. Nao wouldn’t be able to rely on Akiyama like that, if he changed. Thanks to Matsuda-san, she’s able to completely rely on Akiyama again, will often get scolded and ends up crying because of that (laughs). I’m glad that like the relationship between those two, the relationship between Matsuda-san and me didn’t change over the two years either.

How about Suzuki Kosuke who plays Fukunaga Yuji?

He’s the same as ever. She’ll get tricked by Fukunaga and will be laughed at again (laughs). Suzuki-san put on an enthusiastic performance as usual, I really enjoyed watching him act again. By the way, his line in ‘Season 1′ , "Naochan-tte baka dayone. Ukeru~" had such a great impact on me, that I started saying "Ukeru~" in the same exaggerated way as him. In the movie there is also a scene of the two I really love to ad-lib.

This means that ‘Season 2′ might hold some potential ad-lib scenes as well, right?

I think so, too. We often have conversations like "Erika-chan, who are you going to impersonate next?", but I don’t know it yet. I’ll observe them and find some more scenes (laughs).

Why do you think is "Liar Game" that popular? What is so fascinating about it in your opinion?

‘Season 1′ was the first Saturday drama. The staff and I were really tense and did a lot of mistakes. I still remember how nervous I was. Even now there are a lot of firsts, from the lightning to the cuts. Many things have never been done in a dorama before. That kind of originality really was a lot of fun. I guess that everyone really enjoyed watching something more original. Such individual characters and such a complex yet interesting psychological warfare was something new for a drama. This time we moved to the 9pm timeslot on Tuesdays and I was anxious about how this is going to affect the style and story of what used to be a Saturday drama. However, it was unnecessary to be that anxious. They didn’t try to fit into the usual color and style of a Tuesday-9pm dorama and I have a feeling that there is going to be a positive response towards this decision. I’m confident that it neither will betray the fans of the previous season nor the fans of the original manga. Please look forward to the new yet unchanged ‘Liar Game’ experience!

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    Judging by the op song of this season, I’ll say that if we don’t get some new songs, we’ll at least get the same songs but in a different version.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought the OP was slightly different.

Erika Toda had 7 (laughs) during the interview, I could help but laugh with her.

Sunday night maybe, . . . . that's tonight

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought the OP was slightly different.
    Great minds think alike.

Erika Toda had 7 (laughs) during the interview, I could help but laugh with her.
    Since you mentioned Erika, is it me or she looks prettier in the second season?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

She does look prettier, I can't put my finger on it, but she looks older (in a good way) yet younger at the same time.
    Maybe the new hair style?

I like that the episode hasn't even been released and we have 10+ posts not even about the episode.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

She does look prettier, I can't put my finger on it, but she looks older (in a good way) yet younger at the same time.
    I agree. It must be a mixture of her new hairstyle and the new makeup style she is wearing. Btw, now that you have posted that old LG pic, I noticed that Erika isn’t the only one looks better, Shota-kun looks handsomer too.

I like that the episode hasn't even been released and we have 10+ posts not even about the episode.
    Hopefully once the first ep is out more people will be joining us and more posts will be added to this topic.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hdiuy's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Even though episode 1 is out , i'm gonna wait for a couple of episodes before watching it ; i don't think i can stand the wait of waiting for new episodes.
    ..: The night is forever old :..

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Liar Game 2 Episode 1 is out! I haven't watched it yet, but I'll try to watch it today.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Subbed?

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast