Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Season 2 of Liar Game

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Liar Game (season 2)

Quote Originally Posted by CrudeCross View Post
    Subbed?
    Yes, subbed by Sars-Fansubs. Btw, the raw of episode 2 is out too.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If anyone finds a torrent or a ddl link then feel free to post it here. I hate using irc >.>

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Since there is a new season of this awesome J-drama, I have been trying to finish my marathon of the first season before watching the new one since some time ago (but work, school, stuff and RL has gotten in the way so I haven’t had the time to finish it). So today, I plan to watch some more episodes of the first season and hopefully I’ll finish my Liar Game I marathon pretty soon!

wb des - chan /Kaiten

I just finished my Liar Game Season 1 Marathon some minutes ago and it was awesome!!! It reminded me of all the reasons why I love this J-drama so much. The actors were amazing, the soundtrack was great and the story itself was superb.

After watching the first whole season I’m now even more excited about watching the second season.

I don’t like to download, but thankfully I have found a site where I can watch all the episodes that have aired and have been subbed so far without downloading.

Here's the link to that site: Liar Game Season 2

I’m really looking forward to see how they adapted the chapters of the manga into the second season of this incredible J-drama.

P.S. Thank you for welcoming back, Kaiten-kun!

I have finished watching the first two episodes of Liar Game II and they were incredible!! Even though I knew beforehand what was going to happen in those episodes, the drama still managed to capture my attention. There are some new songs in the soundtrack for this season and they are rapidly growing on me. The performance by the actors is still as great as it was in the first season, although I do have to say that during these first two eps I have deeply enjoyed the performance by the actor who plays Fukunaga. He was amazing! I especially enjoyed some hilarious scenes courtesy of this wildcard character.

I should also mention something about a new original character we are introduced in this season, a girl who was a classmate of Akiyama when they were in college. I guess she was brought into the story to replace Yokoya in some of the future episodes. With the way Yokoya’s storyline was resolved in the last season I think they decided to not bring him again for season two and instead create a new original character. I still don’t know how I feel about this new girl, all I can say is that she is creepy.

I watched episode 3 and 4 of Liar Game II. They were a lot of fun to watch! Of course I missed some details that were omitted from the manga , and the reason why I liked this arc a tad better in the manga than in the J-drama, but even without those details the episodes were great!

One of the things I was really looking forward to see in the J-drama and I was a bit disappointed that it didn’t happen was the scene when Nao tells Akiyama that Fukunaga was a big crush on him. That scene is one of my favorites in the manga, it is a priceless scene without a doubt!

I’m not 100% sure yet but it seems starting with the next episode we are going to have completely J-drama original episodes. As a canonist, I’m sad that the drama is going to stop faithfully following the manga as it has been doing so far; but as a big fan of this J-drama, I’m curious and somewhat excited about what this new round will be about. I really hope this new drama-original round/game is as awesome as the canon ones in the manga.

-I just finished watching episode 5 and I was glad to find out that what I thought to be a J-drama original game/arc/round was just a canon game/arc/round with a different name. The game is the same as the one in the manga but instead of being called “Pandemic Game” it is called “Angels and Demons.” I actually like the name of the game in the J-drama better than the one in the manga. I think it is a more meaningful name, but that is just my humble opinion of course.

The episode was fantastic and creepy chick is doing an amazing job as Yokoya’s replacement in the game, she is as evil as him. Btw, I’m so curious about the relationship between Akiyama and creepy girl. I can’t wait to know more about their past relationship.

I finished watching episode 6 a few minutes ago and wow, another great episode that I enjoyed watching to the fullest!

With the last part of this episode the J-drama is now ahead of the manga so I’m going to fly into the unknown as I watch the next episode which will definitely help me enjoy the episode even more!

Watching episode 6 reminded me of a fact that I realized during the first season but that I had forgotten, I’m referring to the fact that I’m somewhat similar to Nao. Why do I say that you ask? Because just like Nao, I completely bought the story that Makizono told her as to why he had decided to stay in Akiyama’s group instead of joining Ryou’s group. In fact, I was very touched by that story, it was so moving!!

I really really hope that said story is true because I don’t want for another person to betray Nao and because I don’t want for Akiyama to lose.

Episode 7 sure promises to be incredible!

Episode 7

-Wow!! What a great episode! It is one of the best of this season without a doubt! So many plot twists and surprises in just one episode.

-I was relieved and glad to find out that Makinozo’s story was true and that he was an angel indeed.

-I agree with Nao, I also think Akiyama has a warm and caring side behind all that great intellect and insight, and that’s why I love Akiyama so much!!!

-Akiyama placing himself in front of Nao when Ryo was putting her down with her words was so awesome!!!

- And just when I thought Yokoya was totally out of the picture he appears again!!!

-The way this episode unfolded let us clearly see just how well Akiyama and Ryou know each other. And now I’m even more curious about their relationship than before.

I can’t wait to watch the next episode. Too bad I’ll have to wait for more than a week before watching it.

I just hope a new chapter of the manga comes out soon since there are always more details about the game and the characters in the manga than in the drama.

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    I just hope a new chapter of the manga comes out soon since there are always more details about the game and the characters in the manga than in the drama.
    I don’t know if it is a power I got or something but every time I mention something about how I hope a new chapter of a manga I like comes out soon, boom, it happens. So yes, a new chapter of Liar Game is out today!!!
    Moderator message by: Akiyama
    You made the new chapter appear
    Last edited by Akiyama; January 05, 2010 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve finished watching Liar Game Season 2, and I must say I truly enjoyed watching it.

Episode 8 and 9

-One of the things I liked most about these eps was how they finally explained the relationship between Akiyama and Ryou. Judging by the flashbacks of their college years, I think Ryou always admired Akiyama (maybe even liked him) and if it wasn’t because both of them let their egos get in the way, they could have become great friends or maybe even more.

-The story behind the letter that Ryou and Akiyama had to profile in their Criminal Psychology class was so touching.

-Even though it was an almost identical version of the contraband game that was played in the previous season, I still enjoyed the Gold Rush game very much. They inserted some stuff from the manga in this new game that wasn’t inserted in the contraband one, IIRC, so for me, Gold Rush was still very entertaining.

-This season's ending was good, but I do like the ending from season 1 a little better. There were some touching and surprising moments during the ending, like Akiyama saving Ryou at the very end of the GR game, Nao giving up her ticket to the finals and therefore withdrawing from the LG in order to save Ryou, Yokoya also deciding to withdraw from the finals and from the LG. The only ones who moved forward to the finals were Akiyama and Fukunaga.

-Now about the movie, from the little bit they showed in episode 9…it looks like it’s going to be an absolutely incredible movie!!! I so can’t wait to watch it!!

Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Season 2 of Liar Game

Hokay, hokay, newb question. Is the LA worth watching (on par or better than the manga) and how far into round 1 do we get in s2? I can't wait for round 2 and if there'll be another one or two seasons away, I might just cry myself to bed... :|
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Season 1
    Rounds 1-3. It ends with the Contraband Game

Season 2
    Revival round after the Contraband game, they call it round 4 though, and they make a new round 5 which isn't in the manga.

I started watching season 2 yesterday. I was very impressed and loved the 24 chamber gun. Before that they added a new character. She is sitting on front of Akiyama in a picture. I'm sure she will make an excellent rival. Here are my two favorite snapshots of S2E1. :3

Fukunaga wears a scarf in season 2 as well. He made me laugh when he started screaming.

This is the 24 chamber gun they used, I thought it looked realistic.

Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Aah, I didn't mean round 2, I meant the Contraband game, I see that as round 2 tbh, or rather game 2. Thanks for the clarification, I think I'm going to start watch it, seeing as Liar Game is the type of manga that really deserves a LA and if pulled off good, it'll be awesome!
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blai View Post
    Hokay, hokay, newb question. Is the LA worth watching (on par or better than the manga) and how far into round 1 do we get in s2? I can't wait for round 2 and if there'll be another one or two seasons away, I might just cry myself to bed... :|
    My opinion is pretty biased since I love Liar Game, both the manga and the J-drama, but here it is:

The drama does have a few different things from the manga and as Aki said they add a new game/round which isn’t in the manga in season 2, but even a canonist like me, was able to fully enjoy the J-drama. The acting, the music, the story; everything was awesome. I even enjoyed some of the games better in the J-drama than in the manga. I completely recommend watching Liar Game. There are two seasons and also a movie which I’m patiently waiting to be subbed.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm_Akiyama View Post
    I started watching season 2 yesterday. I was very impressed and loved the 24 chamber gun. Before that they added a new character. She is sitting on front of Akiyama in a picture. I'm sure she will make an excellent rival.
    I don’t know if they have mentioned her name yet, but she is a very interesting character and an worthy opponent for Aki and …yes for Nao too. I was very curious about her relationship with Akiyama so I had a lot of fun trying to guess, figure out and predict her connection with Aki.

Quote Quote:
    Here are my two favorite snapshots of S2E1. :3

Fukunaga wears a scarf in season 2 as well. He made me laugh when he started screaming.
    Fukunaga is hilarious . Just like in S1, he also has some catch-phrases in season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Blai View Post
    I think I'm going to start watch it, seeing as Liar Game is the type of manga that really deserves a LA and if pulled off good, it'll be awesome!
    Glad to hear you are going to give LA a try, Blai. I’m looking forward to read your thoughts about it.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Well...I didn't like the first season at all...and that's because of the actors...Nao is just poorly made...I dunno...anyway I'm curious of the plot, so I'll watch it anyway
    But I guess the actress is very beautiful so she can get a passing mark she's even more beautiful this season
    Last edited by benelori; July 09, 2010 at 05:24 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I spent my time today watching Season 2 episodes 3~5. I have to say the Revival Round was brilliant. They did a great job with explaining the rules of each game. The actors played there parts perfect and I'm sure they read the manga.

When I first read the next round was called Angels and Demons, I thought it was an original game from the drama. It turns out that I was wrong, it's the pandemic game. Demons and the infected and you want to be an angel. Instead of vaccines you produce, you make crosses. Same exact rules of the manga. Episode 5 was all about the rehearsal. Since Yokoya departed the game in Season 1, Katsuragi Ryo will be playing the part. She did the exact same thing as Yokoya and made an alliance with 2 other players. All 3 lied about being a demon and earned immunity for the real game. Fukunaga is playing the part of Akagi who was infected, and there's 4 eyes in the background. That's where I stopped and I will watch more soon.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Where do you watch this series? I like the manga so I guess it'd make sense if I also saw the tv show or whatnot..

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@kkck - I'm a person who loves to download, you will have to ask Destiny for stream sites.

Here is the 1st season, all 11 episodes and the finale is over 2 hours long.
    This is the 2nd season, just download and open them with winrar, it's simple.

Wow, just looking at the 2 pictures, totally different people but make up makes a difference.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

For the fans who don’t want to download, you can watch Liar Game here and here.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; August 07, 2010 at 12:58 PM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I was just going through the first episode and I was surprised that they actually got something similar to the manga.... There was a particular part where I just broke into laughter though. The second "akiyama" made his appearance was so absurd I laughed so hard everyone in my house heard me, the whole thing is just so outright stupid and ridiculous... LOL, akiyama is just so much fail and I have just seen 2 seconds of him.....

Ok, I have suceeded in watching a few episodes.... I am surprised at how loyal the series has been to the manga. The reason I can't bring myself to watch the series in its entirety is because of akiyama.... SO MUCH FAIL! I can't take the guy seriously, I just burst into laughter when he appears and then once again when he talks.
    Last edited by kkck; August 09, 2010 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I'm one of the rare ones here who've watched the drama but haven't read the manga XD; Guess I'll have to get around to reading it sometime soon! *shakes fist at exams* The movie's opening in my country today \o/ Can't wait!

Just wondering though, is Katsuragi Ryou actually a character in the manga and is her story the same? The one about how she beat Akiyama at the profiling assignment (the one with the letter with the sender and address gone)? Because I was reading "Roots of A" volume 2 just yesterday and I was surprised that the profiling assignment story was in it and that in "Roots of A", there was no Katsuragi and Akiyama was the one who got the profile correct. So it made me wonder if "Roots of A" was a parallel story to the manga or if it really was all about the "roots" of Akiyama o_O

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast