Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Tousen vs Byakuya

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kaname Tousen

16 28.57%
  • Kuchiki Byakuya

40 71.43%
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Byakuya vs. Tousen

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Byakuya vs. Tousen

Another fun fight between a justice spewing idiot and an "I'm better than you" attitude guy.
    We know everything about their shikai's and bankai's, and it would be an interesting fight & an interesting conversation
    Also no discussing about Tousen's supposedly other zanpaktou that some ppl have theories about.
    Both are at perfect health during the start, and the field is large and empty.

Bankai

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ajc46's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tousen vs Byakuya

I'm pretty sure Byakuya would be able to beat him without too much trouble. The only thing tousen really has is his cheap bankai, but if Byakuya can just do that thing (cant remember what it's called) where he just surrounds himself with that ball of tiny blades then he should be able to defend against it. Without his bankai being useful, tousen doesn't really have a chance

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i would have to go with byakuya, not just because im a fan but because before bankai i feel like hes better than tousen in all aspects.

i like the idea of these two using their shikai against one another with tousen throwing those blades and byakuya countering with his many blades. but thats discluding tousens rarley seen ability to knock people out with that high frequency pitch he used on ishida.

byakuya has mad kido and i have to think tousen would have trouble with that, especilly six light prison or whatever.

but as far as bankais go the battle would shift in tousens favor for sure, but i would see byakuya winning before it got that far. but then again i envision byakuyas kageyoshi filling up tousens blind/deaf/dumb dome with ease.

so yeah, byakuya.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I get the feeling byakuya would be the victor here. As evidenced by SS arc, it would seem as if tousen is the inferior one when considering the amount of reiatsu. In terms of shunpo, we have little reason to believe tousen is on par with byakuya. Byakuya would at least have more shunpo tricks than tousen. In terms of swordmanship they seem to be at about roughly the same(except for byakuya having more reiatsu than tousen IMHO). Of course, in the end that would not matter much since the battle would be decided by bankai lol. Once their bankais used against each other, I get the feeling that byakuya could use his to defeat tousen. The dome does not seem large enough for tousen to be able to escape a number of blades in every square inch of it. Given that, it does not seem as if byakuya would even need to use the more advanced forms of his bankai.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mifune_Taichou's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty much like everyone else id give it to Byakuya. I excpect Tousen will have a few tricks up his sleeve but I dont think he got enough in the tank to tackle someone as all round incredible as Byakuya is. I think Gin might have a better chance but thats another fight.

I think Tousen would be able to keep up with Byakuyas shunpo but i dont see him being able to land hits on him because he hasnt shown any serious pace unlike byakuya. His bankai is his one saving grace but I think the moment Byakuya lost his senses hed just go bankai and shred Tousen's dome and Tousen along with it.
    Credit to Thepocolypse for the Awesome sig

Shut up and drink your bleach juice!

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Even the databook pretty much states tousen's forte is not physical combat but rather fights where you have to use your smarts to figure out an enemy. Byakuya is also good at that sort of thing and on top of that has more than enough firepower to fight at any range or in any type of fight.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I go to Tousen. I'd like to see Byakuya dodge a wave of sound that knocks you out when you hear it or see him fight when he can't see, smell, hear and sense. Seeing as how I doubt we'll see any plotkai in a fan-battle, more then likely Tousen would use BanKai and tear off Byakuya's head.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trotter View Post
    I go to Tousen. I'd like to see Byakuya dodge a wave of sound that knocks you out when you hear it or see him fight when he can't see, smell, hear and sense. Seeing as how I doubt we'll see any plotkai in a fan-battle, more then likely Tousen would use BanKai and tear off Byakuya's head.
    Well, there's got to be a limit to what that shikai can be used on. We only saw it get used on Ishida, who at the time was loosing his quincy powers. I get the feeling that if you have captain level reiatsu, or just more then Tousen, that shikai won't work on you.

As for his bankai, it's more then likely that Byakuya will be smart enough not to get caught in Tousen's bankai dome, and then shread it to pieces with his own bankai. I can't see Byakuya losing this fight unless his pride gets in the way, like usual.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Akhkharu

Lightbulb Re: Tousen vs Byakuya

Quote Originally Posted by Trotter View Post
    i think that sound thing only works on people unprepared for combat, with low reiatsu, or something along those lines. otherwise he could have just knocked out all of the Shinigami when they showed up for the FKT fight...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Byakuya vs. Tousen

As if tousen's shikai technique would work on a captain. Ishida was a joke and still is.

In the end, tousen will use bankai to attack byakuya and byakuya uses his bankai and blows up tousen's black orb. End of match.
    Or while toussen is spouting nonsense about justice, byakuya rikudo jikoro him.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I would question how long one of byakuya's kido could hold tousen in place though. I get the impression it can't be for too long lol.

This is how I see a part of this fight going lol:
    Tousen: I will kill you because this is the path my eyes see less blood in.
    Byakuya: As if I cared about your or anyone else justice, I will kill you for aiming that sword at me with such an inferior power.

Anyways, as for tousen's shikai sound thing, I really don't see it being capable of instantly sending a captain to unconsciousness. At most I could see it leaving a captain slightly dizzy or disoriented which IMHO is not something which byakuya would fail to deal with provided he keeps his cool(which he always does).

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It would keep him long enough for byakuya to slash him up
    As you said, tousen's SP is not close to byakuya's and kido is based on SP. So to break it you must have reiatsu comparable to the caster. Which means tousen s pretty much screwed

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Why did we even bother to talk in this thread????we know how "underestimated/hated" Tousen is and how loved Byakuya is,beside his power ecc.....
    Everyone here will say that at the END Byakuya takes this without to much effort lol!
    Tousen shikai incapaciteted.......kido based on stats(I didn't remember that we could use stats to compare captains in a fight).....and other things like this....
    Byakuya is superior for sure by what meanings???I don't remember him defeating someone worth talkin about.....he had trouble even with Ichigo....

Out of curiosity....do u really think that Tousen bankai can be "destroyed"........it is probably made of "spiritrons" supported by his reiatsu like Kommamura bankai....I don't see others way to affect it beside actually injure Tousen.
    Seirously if his bankai is that weak,any hadou with a wide range would do the job and they guy would be screwed in no time!!!!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yans86 View Post
    Why did we even bother to talk in this thread????we know how "underestimated/hated" Tousen is and how loved Byakuya is,beside his power ecc.....
    Everyone here will say that at the END Byakuya takes this without to much effort lol!
    Tousen shikai incapaciteted.......kido based on stats(I didn't remember that we could use stats to compare captains in a fight).....and other things like this....
    Byakuya is superior for sure by what meanings???I don't remember him defeating someone worth talkin about.....he had trouble even with Ichigo....

Out of curiosity....do u really think that Tousen bankai can be "destroyed"........it is probably made of "spiritrons" supported by his reiatsu like Kommamura bankai....I don't see others way to affect it beside actually injure Tousen.
    Seirously if his bankai is that weak,any hadou with a wide range would do the job and they guy would be screwed in no time!!!!
    Byakuya's bankai can be used as both defense and offense. It was strong enough toblock out GT by ichigo so if toousen tries to attack it will fail badly. And byakuya can send his bankai everywhere, attacking everything. Tousen has to use his SP to maintain his bankai, sooner or later he will fail. Nothing tousen can do can break through to byakuya

And what do you mean by byakuya not beating anyone? He screwed w/ the 7thy espada easily. Began whooping ichigo's ass as soon as he got serious. Ichi needed his hollow ot save him.
    Tousen was owned by kenpachi, and in terms of powers ken and byakuya are roughly close to each other. The manga basically inferred that.

If you want to say tousen has a chance of winning, then present a case. Don't make bold uneducated claims like that or bash byakuya

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Aha ha aha ha!!!ah aha ha haha haa !!!ah ah ah ahah a ha h!!!!Lol
    Look what u have written.......as I said,someone like Tousen which I don't like too,will never be judged fairly.
    Should I seriously answer your points???????
    Beside the FACT that u can't prove that Tousen will badly fail against Byakuya's bankai.Senbonzakura power isn't absolute as u make it look.Both defense and attack power must be focused.....attacking or defending a wide range would esponentially decrease his power in specific point.
    EX.
    Senbonzakura power is 1000.
    He put up a wall of 1000 meters square.Every meter square would have 1 in power,and attacking that point with 2-3 power will make the point easy to break throught...
    This goes in both case of widening/restricting the area of the attack.

Anyway,I said that byakuya didn't have a proper fight with a worth enemy we can talk about,but u still bring on Ichigo and
    Zomari.....that huge pumpkin???LOL
    Do u really consider Zommari a worthy opponent?Please.........he was 7....and there's nothing more to say on this point seeing the Espada's level and their origine(adjuchas at most).....

Bringing the fight between Byakuya and Ichigo on the table is just .......... , u know what I'm sayin?!
    Byaukuya's defense was strong enough to stop GT?????What an amazing achievement on a guy that achieved bankai and finally knew how to release the technique 3 days before....http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/161/05/ http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/161/06/ http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/161/07/ .....

Please, don't give me the "Byakuya whooped Ichigo's ass as soon as he got serious" ,beside the FACT that Ichigo was a total NOOB,Byakuya with his "speed" let him charge in to cut his head....http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/163/02/
    "Ass he got serious"....If Tousen was serious Kenpachi would have had his head cutted....if Aizen wanted,All the vizard would have died by the hand of Tousen back then....and no one was able to see him or understand that "something"/"someone" was going on them....they got all poisoned without acknowledging it....

Byakuya/Kenpachi similar strenght means nothing.Beside that is your opinion which differ with mine here.....(Byakuya would dominate Kenpachi IMO).U can't compare their fights cause Kenpachi was defeat by Ichigo in shikai while he throw off his eyepatch....

Most of the fight in bleach are circustamcial and the power levels are the biggest easily screwest thing!!bringing them out is just silly.We all know that.....

As I see it such a fight to be even considered,should happen shikai VS shikai.Cause I would imagine it as chess fight....
    The case in which they have to use bankai,I'll give the win to the first one able to release and bring the attack in.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast