Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 125 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Minority Rule - Sign-up Thread

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Minority Rule - Sign-up Thread

A game for fans of Liar Game and other manga helpers who would like to play it too.

I’m a huge fan of the Liar Game manga and J-drama. I love them!! One of my favorite things about Liar Game are the games that people have to play in the story. One of these games is a game called “Minority Rule”, a very interesting, exciting, and intelligent game, and if you are playing it without money or with Monopoly money, I would even say a fun game. I enjoyed reading/watching the way this game unfolded in the series so much; that a thought popped into my head “why don’t we play it here on Manga Helpers?"

Minority Rule

“Since young, we were always faced with the majority rules games. Be it a simple decision such as "where should we eat?" to more complex decisions such as "who should rule the country?" The majority decision will always win. Now, what about a game of minority rules?”

Here are the rules of the game:

1)Anybody can play, but you have to write a post indicating that you want to take part in the game.

2)Once there are enough people to play the game, the game will start.

3)All of the players will be faced with the same Yes or No question. One of the players will be the one making the question. It can be any kind of question, as long as it can be answered with a Yes or a No. You don’t have to answer the question in a truthful manner.

4)You can only vote Yes or No.

5) You can only vote once and once you have voted you can not change your vote.

6)Those people whose choices fall under the minority sides shall win and continue the next round. For example, 10 choose [Yes], 12 choose [No]. The 10 that choose [Yes] will remain in the game.

7)The results of the voting won’t be known until the voting time has expired and everybody has voted. Your choice won’t be known to others until the result time.

8 )Once the game starts, you will have 48 hrs to answer the question . If the player does not answer the question within 48hrs, the player will be disqualified. However, if all the players answer the question before the 48 hours are up, the secretariat will write a post in this thread informing the players about this and the poll/round will be closed/over.

9 )You can vote at any time during the voting time, but you do have to indicate once you have voted by writing “My vote is in”. Lying in response to this rule is not allowed.

10)Another Yes or No question will be given again, and the minority sides will continue to stay in the game.

11)It will be repeated until there is only 1 person left and that person will be the winner of the Minority Rule game.

More rules:

One of the players will be designated as the Liar Game secretariat. The Liar Game secretariat will be in charge of tallying the votes. The Liar Game secretariat will make sure that the rules are followed and that there is no foul play going on, as well as enforcing penalties for violation of rules or foul play. As punishment for breaking the rules or foul play; the player:

-will be face automatic disqualification
    -will not only have to use an avi chosen by the winner of the game, but also a sig too.
    Note: if you can think of other penalties feel free to post your ideas.

-The winner of the game gets to choose the losers’ avatars. The losers will have to have these for a week. No offensive avis are allowed!! The losers will have to accept the avis the winner chooses for them without complaining, even if they don’t like the avis or the characters.

-Once a player is out of the game, the player cannot have any contact with players that are still in the game; but only in regards to the game.

-Players are allowed to sign contracts among themselves. Only contracts pm to the Liar Game secretariat will be honored! The secretariat will not interfere in the way contracts are made; the secretariat only will make sure that the contracts are honored.

Note: These are the rules, but if you feel that something should be changed, added, or omitted please feel free to say it. The rules are not set in stone yet. In addition, if you have any questions about the game feel free to ask them.

List of winners

Here are the names of the players who have won previously played Minority Rule games.

First game: kkck-sama

Second game: Raysen_ht-sama

Third game: BBB Banana-sama

Fourth game: ~Buggy*Fly~sama and Destiny-sama

Fifth game: Destiny-sama

Sixth game: ~Buggy*Fly~sama and Farfalla-sama

Seventh game: I'm_Akiyama-sama and Asusp3v4x-sama

Eighth Game: BBB Banana-sama
    Last edited by Iceiphoenix; September 18, 2011 at 09:31 AM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Minority Rule

I want to play, I love this game in Liar Game and i can't believe you started a thread for this game, I hope we can get 20 people, maybe we will have to settle with 10 for the first time, I will advertise this game in my sig.

MangaHelper 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Farfalla's Avatar
    Country
    Wallis & Futuna
    Post Thanks / Like

I wanna play, too^^ I can also let more people know about this game!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner MidoBan's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Liar Game.
    I wanna play!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member predsfan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm in (mainly because I like the betting of ones sig aspect ).

I do have one question though:

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    7)The results of the voting won’t be known until the voting time has expired and everybody has voted. Your choice won’t be known to others until the result time.
    How will the voting be kept secret? Will there be a new poll for each question?
    This Post Available in Double Vision [Where Drunk]
    "I am the man with no name. Zapp Brannigan at your service."

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gecko Moria's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by predsfan View Post
    As destiny4ever mentioned above there will be a Liar Game secretariat who is in charge of counting the votes and enforcing the rules of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    One of the players will be designated as the Liar Game secretariat. The Liar Game secretariat will be in charge of tallying the votes. The Liar Game secretariat will make sure that the rules are followed and that there is no foul play going on, as well as enforcing penalties for violation of rules or foul play.
    I'm guessing votes would be PM'ed to the secretariat. The reason we can't do a poll is because most users here don't have the moderator powers to hide results, edit polls etc. And I guess I'm in, sounds like a pretty interesting game ^^

Thanks to ~Coffee~ for the avatar and signature.
    Everything is possible: The impossible just takes longer.

One Piece|Gecko is bored, go post something~|The Tennis Thread

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by I'm_Akiyama View Post
    I want to play, I love this game in Liar Game and i can't believe you started a thread for this game, I hope we can get 20 people, maybe we will have to settle with 10 for the first time, I will advertise this game in my sig.
    I’m glad to see you want to play, Aki. And thank you for advertising about the game in your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Farfalla View Post
    I wanna play, too^^ I can also let more people know about this game!
    Great! And thank you for helping spreading the word about the game!

Quote Originally Posted by MidoBan View Post
    I love Liar Game.
    I wanna play!
    Yay!

I'm in (mainly because I like the betting of ones sig aspect ).
    Actually, what is bet is one’s avatar, not sig. And I'm glad you're in too.

I do have one question though:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko Moria View Post
    As destiny4ever mentioned above there will be a Liar Game secretariat who is in charge of counting the votes and enforcing the rules of the game.

I'm guessing votes would be PM'ed to the secretariat. The reason we can't do a poll is because most users here don't have the moderator powers to hide results, edit polls etc.
    I was planning to do an actual poll, since I thought members had the power to hide and modify polls, but since members don’t have those powers, then yes, as Gecko Moria said the votes will be sent to the LG secretariat and that’s how they will be kept a secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko Moria View Post
    And I guess I'm in, sounds like a pretty interesting game ^^
    Glad you’re in on the game, too!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member rafazildo's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

People that end up in the majority side still can vote?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rafazildo View Post
    People that end up in the majority side still can vote?
    Once you answered the question and the results were 15 yes and 5 No, then the five people that voted No will advance to the next round, while the other fifteen will be eliminated. They can not vote anymore and the remaining 5 will have a new question.

LG secretariat as a third party is a great idea, much easier than a poll. PMs can be proof of your vote if there is a problem of Yes or No votes.

Read chapters 8 - 16 of Liar Game if this still doesn't make any since. You might find ways to win.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member rafazildo's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by I'm_Akiyama View Post
    Once you answered the question and the results were 15 yes and 5 No, then the five people that voted No will advance to the next round, while the other fifteen will be eliminated. They can not vote anymore and the remaining 5 will have a new question.

LG secretariat as a third party is a great idea, much easier than a poll. PMs can be proof of your vote if there is a problem of Yes or No votes.

Read chapters 8 - 16 of Liar Game if this still doesn't make any since. You might find ways to win.
    Then what happens when there are just 2 people left?

there are 2 outcomes: a draw OR a consesus...

correct me if i'm wrong...

oh, i just read a few pages and found that the game ends when there are 2 or less people playing.

each one gets half the prize.
    Last edited by rafazildo; November 18, 2009 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member bakagemi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds interesting. I'll play, too.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yay! More people joined the game! Should we wait for more people to join before starting the game? or should we start with the players we have so far?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member bakagemi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we should wait a bit longer, but if you want to start the game, then who's to stop you?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Siberia's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Im interested in the game , can I join? the rules look complicated (coz I don't really read Liar game T.T)

btw, I will just give it a try =.=
    MyList of reading n watching

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dive's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds fun.
    To die by your side
    Well, the pleasure - the privilege is mine

New Reply
Page 1 of 125 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast