Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Soifon vs Byakuya

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Soifon

17 27.87%
  • Byakuya

44 72.13%
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Byakuya vs. Soifon

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Byakuya vs. Soifon

Another interesting fight between 2 fast individuals.
    nothing much to say here, since we've seen everything from these two already

Bankai

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Katz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Soifon vs Byakuya

No rules at all?, hmm my vote is for Bya-kun, I've never liked soifon's character and he bankai really didn't fit her char and I really dis-liked it, sure it was a change from her usual stealth like qualities but it just went way to far.

And I think in an all out fight bya is gonna beat her, as long as he can stop her from either getting a missle lock on him or going stopping her with his pedals he should do alright, will he come out un-hurt probably not, will he be the last captain standing in their exchange most likely.

just my rambling opinion that lacks proper grammar and so forth but hey w/e its a manga forum.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Aonsaithya's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

In shikai, Soifon can two-shot anyone unless the opponent has enough reiatsu to prevent being wounded, and she and Byakuya should be close enough to each other. The speed becomes the deciding factor here. Also, we've never really seen how shunko would complement (if so) her shikai. In bankai she is too slow to dodge the blades anyway, but then she can likely one-shot Byakuya if she hits. Again, speed.

I don't see the petals catching up to non-bankai-Soifon too easily, but it shouldn't be impossible since Ichigo could avoid them with his "above shunpo speed". He's super-speed has been pretty much disproven after that though.

A movement-restricting kido can also "one-hit" Soifon since she'd be completely vulnerable to Byakuya's release. If he hits with the spell.

Speed, speed, speed. It is hinted every now and then that Soifon is the fastest captain (despite Byakuya being really fast, and Ukitake and Kyoraku and Yamamoto etc should also be fast), and she did keep up with Yoruichi (although Yoruichi admitted to being a bit rusty).
    It all comes down to speed, both shunpo and normal body movement such as quick small moves to avoid critical hits.
    Disbelief, Despair & Hatred.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Soifon's absolute worst weakness is a combination of good speed and solid defense. The whole 'You can't hurt them if they're stronger' Principle will not work, nor will it work, on any of the captains save MAYBE the absolute higher ones like Yamamoto and Aizen from what's shown (ignoring, obviously, techniques like Hierro for people of a similar class of power), but Byakuya's bankai has DAMN good defensive capabilities, probably one of the few that could match Toshiro's in that regard, provided he holds back enough to actually defend with. In that sense, he definitely has a very solid edge due to that alone in regards to her shikai. Of course he has to get into bankai first, but the odds of that are pretty good in all honesty.

Now if he gets hit by her bankai however, he's boned, but frankly the thing isn't all that fast compared to most techs we've seen, so dodging it is a good possibility if his speed's high enough, which it may very well be. Doubly so if he uses bankai to set it off further away and subsequently help buffer it to allow for more room to escape. He'll definitely get thrown around from it regardless, but it's better than absolute annihilation. With two shots max (MAYBE three, but at that point there's no way she's staying conscious after) she only really stands a good chance if she can get a hit in.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Byakuya vs. Soifon

I see this match as a draw, and seeing as how almost everyone voted for Byakuya (probably because they prefer him as a character), I voted for Soi Fon.

I do think she is faster than Byakuya, and the first stage of his bankai wouldn't touch her (forget about his shikai). If it was something that the orange-haired idiot could outmaneuver, then she can too. If he tried to fight her in senkai with only one blade like an moron, he would probably get killed by suzumebachi's two stings.

Byakuya's only hope is using all 1,000 of the flying senkei swords on her, and since he vowed not to...he's in trouble. Random101 is right about Jakuho Raikoben, if Soi Fon hits Byakuya with that, he's finished.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I completely agree there's no way Byakuya's catching her with the first stage (And subsequently going one-two swords max for Senkei = insta death)... but the problem is that, in turn, she's going to have extreme difficulties getting close with the first stage if he plays defensively. The problem with her shikai is that she HAS to get close to use it, and the problem with her bankai is firstly that it isn't among the fastest, and secondly that she has two MAYBE three shots with it. So in the long run she's going to have extreme difficulties creating a situation in which she could possibly get close. Provided Byakuya plays defensively of course, which now that I think about it would have been the smarter way to handle Ichigo... O.o

Though granted, I have severe doubts that she'd be able to pull the mass deflection trick with her shikai, or hell sealed blade...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Galbert-Kun's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure Soi Fon knows higher kido than bakudo 30. If by chance she hit Byakuya w/a Bakudo 99 and went bankai maybe that would equate to a win. There probably wouldn't be enough time for all that though. I thought Zoukei was Byakuya's insta death move... Or perhaps she could block the senkei with a fully charged shunko. I voted for Byakuya because I don't think there is a feasible way that Soi Fon could win.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Jakes
    Be yourself. Above all, let who you are, what you are, what you believe, shine through every sentence you write, every piece you finish.
    ---------

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1691077

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think soifon has it in her to outdo byakuya in terms of kido. Quite frankly, byakuya seems quite better at it than soifon given how he uses it against strong enemies and the stats(granted we have little information on this though).

I do think soifon is faster than byakuya but I honestly cannot see soifon being faster to the point where byakuya could not defend himself. Byakuya is quite decent at shunpo and was also trained by yoruichi in it so I doubt soifon will have that many surprises for byakuya(in terms of shunpo). Even if soifon does shunpo in to use her shikai, she will be well within the reach of byakuya's much larger sword which is by no means a good thing. She could land a hit on byakuya but it will be at a great risk.

The problem here is bankai IMHO. Soifon can destroy byakuya with one hit, that much is true, but on the other hand byakuya won't remain immobile while soifon fires. Even if soifon has it in her to outrun byakuya's bankai, I have my doubts about her being able to just drive away the millions of blades in the same way ichigo did(I am pretty much convinced bankai ichigo at SS arc was MANY times stronger than bankai ichigo when he fought grimmjow or ulquiorra). I mean, how would she escape either of this situations:
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/163/14/
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/301/22/
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/161/17/

I do think byakuya would be at a disadvantage in a close range fight against soifon and he would ultimately need bankai to win given that close range is soifons specialty though. I just don't see soifon having an easy time against byakuya at any point even if he does not use bankai.

Given that I honestly don't see a way in which soifon could ultimately escape byakuya's bankai, I will give this to him. Soifon could use her bankai but that would result in self destruction if the explosion is too close from soifon. Also, if the first shot for whatever reason does not hit the target soifon is screwed.

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lunatic Scream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Byakuya and Soifon duke it out.
    The fight proceeds as such, Soifon managing some shots with her shikai, but never two-hits in one spot.
    Byakuya's shikai manages some slight injuries on her.
    Byakuya uses Bankai, Soifon panics and uses bankai as well.
    Byakuya sends his petals after her. Soifon remembers how much her bankai sucks and groans as she fires it towards Byakuya. The recoil sends her flying back at light speed into a wall. Byakuya takes a hefty hit from the explosion.
    Both combatants are worn down and tired when...
    Yoruichi pops up and teases Byakuya until he passes out from stress in a few minutes. The sight of Yoruichi however, caused Soifon to faint on the spot.

VICTORY BYAKUYA!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Soifon gets in a hit from her shikai... byakuya chops off that part and cast it off lol

on a more serious note:
    byakuya has the offensive and defensive advantages
    Soifon clearly has the speed

I don't think that soifon will be able to get in her shikai if byakuya has petals circling him.
    I don't see any situation in which soifon can win. I think soifon is a powerful character and is vastly underrated. But byakuya has too many tools

However, we also have to take into consideration shuunko. That increases her speed and power. So that will definitely beat byakuya's first bankai form, but then he goes senkei and thousand swords her

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member niblack89's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Soi-fon is a bit faster than Byakuya as Byakuya was on par with yoruichi but Soi-fon had her on the offense. She can easily out run his shekai and if he goes bankai. I don't think she can out run his bankai. Even if she out run it she can, he can increase its speed more and her bee sting wouldn't be able to block it so she can get more than two hits and he's fast himself.

Her Bankai is easily avoidable first his bankai is great at offense. second he is quiet fast so if any damage is done his bankai could easily reduce the damage from running away. Since his bankai can be made into millions of tiny blades they shouldn't come apart on impact. thus not destroying his own sword in the process. Her Bankai takes a tole so shes done.

I'm not usually bias but I don't like Soi-fon she's so annoying he acts so tough but when she sees yoruichi she acts like a lil girl. both Byakuya and her are cocky but look at there powers her bankai is lame a nuke that is a two shot deal and if she misses she's dead. Byakuya his bankai has both attack and defense he hasn't even used it fully since Ichigo. Soi-fon just sucks I'm so sorry for saying that but its true she only has speed

Recession hit us all hard

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by niblack89 View Post
    Soi-fon is a bit faster than Byakuya as Byakuya was on par with yoruichi but Soi-fon had her on the offense. She can easily out run his shekai and if he goes bankai. I don't think she can out run his bankai. Even if she out run it she can, he can increase its speed more and her bee sting wouldn't be able to block it so she can get more than two hits and he's fast himself.

Her Bankai is easily avoidable first his bankai is great at offense. second he is quiet fast so if any damage is done his bankai could easily reduce the damage from running away. Since his bankai can be made into millions of tiny blades they shouldn't come apart on impact. thus not destroying his own sword in the process. Her Bankai takes a tole so shes done.

I'm not usually bias but I don't like Soi-fon she's so annoying he acts so tough but when she sees yoruichi she acts like a lil girl. both Byakuya and her are cocky but look at there powers her bankai is lame a nuke that is a two shot deal and if she misses she's dead. Byakuya his bankai has both attack and defense he hasn't even used it fully since Ichigo. Soi-fon just sucks I'm so sorry for saying that but its true she only has speed
    Yoruichi was fast enough to interrupt Byakuya in the middle of his Shikai release. With the fact that Soifon had the advantage against Yoruichi until she used Flash Cry, it's not out of the question to imagine that Soifon might be able to double-tap Byakuya with her Shikai before he can even fight back with his.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Jamil2009's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

This is my own crazy invention of what might happen if these two ever fought. Read at your own discretion for it is lengthy with a good chance of being boring ; but please judge me kindly .

Spoiler show

I wanted to include some hand to hand combat but I'm not so good with that technique. Hope it wasn't too boring though .

Great things come in (sm)all sizes!

16. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member kitten320's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

This match up was always giving me a headace because it is really hard to say... there are so many possibilities!
    I always come up with a tie...

But I voted for Soi Fon for several reasons...

Soi Fon is supoused to be the fastest capatin (maybe not as fast as top 4 and Aizen). She was catching up with Yoruichi and butterflieng her very easily. I really doubt that Yoruichi would want to play with pissed off Soi Fon and her shikai. But Byakuya was out speeded by Yoruichi what basicly makes Soi Fon faster than him, giving her chances to escape from his bankai. But if things get really nasty, she has shunko to blow away all the petals what would give her the oppening to stab him.

But then again Byakuya has good reflexes and sword fight abilities as well as Kido so stabbing him twice might not be that easy.

And if to talk about Kido... shunko is fully Kido based so she must be good in kido too. Besides she fully owns in hand to hand combat in which Byakuya knows nothing, she could use it to her advantage.

So yeh it still comes to a draw... but if she will be fast enough and will use a suprise factot, she will get him but in a very tough and tiering fight.

There is no reason to mention bankai unless she can get away far enough from him to have time to shoot it and not get in the blast zone. If that's possible then Byakuya has no options for survival, he can't age the rocket. But I don't think she would be able to use bankai so better leave it out.

Quote Originally Posted by niblack89 View Post
    Sorry to say it but... Has any cero ever been avoided? All of yhem are taken head on or missed only slightly. And cero takes only a bit of space. Soi Fon's bankai takes far bigger area and then it also can blow you away. There is no way you can fully avoid it.

And let's not forget what Hachi had said. He is barrier master and if he says that her bankai has mega destruction power than it does. The shield of tiny blades won't save him in any way.

And abput her not being able to avoid his blades... she has shunko about which you have completly forgotten and it also has massive destruction power and also blows things away. So yeh, she isn't as bad as you make her look.
    Last edited by kitten320; December 16, 2009 at 06:41 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Post Thanks / Like

28 votes for Byakuya...

I must laugh when people can't make a difference between logic and fan logic. Seriosly, Byakuya would never able to beat Soifon.

Why? 1) Soifon is faster. This is a fact, if someone don't beleive it just re-read the manga.
    2) She has a deadly shikai and because she is faster she can kill Byakuya without a doubt. All she has to do is to demonstrate the trick when she used against Ggio Vega.
    3) She has more experience. Fact. During the TbTP arc Byakuya was a "freshman", he didn't know the shunpo and he was not shinigami as well, while Soifon was member of the onmitsukidou already.

So, in the end Soifon would win this.

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast