Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Manga series that you'd wish would last longer?

The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Manga series that you'd wish would last longer?

Oh my gosh. Asa, you've just made up my mind to make finishing Neuro next on my list! Thank you! (I love the way you said you "devoured" the chapters. Very appropriate for this manga. )

I feel the exact same way about Fullmetal Alchemist as you do about Neuro. I was very satisfied with the ending and the length, but I would want it to continue for purely selfish reasons (like one of my favorite pairings finally getting together officially ). It's my favorite manga after all, so I can't help but want more. :3

I completely agree with destiny about Double Arts. I was finally really getting into it at the time it was cancelled. I would've loved to see where the story was going.

And although this one hasn't officially been cancelled (it's on a long-term hiatus and will *hopefully* return... sometime ), I'd love to read more of Nana. The point where it left off was not a good or satisfying stopping point. A major event just occurred and there are so many things that are unresolved. If it ends like this, I will be quite disappointed.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Nana is probably the one manga, that every reader that came into contact with it, would like to see a satisfying ending to. The big climax has already happened, and just when Asami poked Nana onto her path to her future, it was over...

destiny4ever
    I got it waiting for me in my compendium of anime, but so do a mass of other awesome ones, so I will likely never get to it.^^ Can't really bring me to watch 26+ episode anime adaptions of works I've already spend so much time on readind already.
    Last edited by Schabrak; March 06, 2011 at 09:20 AM.
    Firm but Fair

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

i only read until now 2 mangas that are already completed , and those were Death Note and Slam Dunk.

About Death Note i think that it ended in the perfect time , the end was amazing and it would be risky to try to prolong it a bit more , cuz it could ruin the masterpiece that it was until then.

About Slam Dunk i dont feel that way , i think it could have had been going for much more time
    I read the whole chapters in so few time and that proves that Slam Dunk managed to grab my attention i only wished Inoue had continued writing it cuz it still had a lot of potential and it would definitely had been great to see maybe, a more mature Sakuragi in America , and see what happened to the rest of the other members like Rukawa , Akagi , Mitsui , ......
    And it would be great to see Sakuragi and Haruko ended together

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by igotthegoods View Post
    Oh my gosh. Asa, you've just made up my mind to make finishing Neuro next on my list! Thank you! (I love the way you said you "devoured" the chapters. Very appropriate for this manga. )

I feel the exact same way about Fullmetal Alchemist as you do about Neuro. I was very satisfied with the ending and the length, but I would want it to continue for purely selfish reasons (like one of my favorite pairings finally getting together officially ). It's my favorite manga after all, so I can't help but want more. :3
    Hurray! I'm glad I inspired you to finish Neuro. The series could be summed up as an "adrenaline rush". (Thank you for liking my puns. XD)

There was a sequel chapter for FMA that was released a short while afterwards; it was really sweet. I wouldn't even mind a yonkama, but it would be nice if Arakawa-sensei gave us news about what the world is like post-FMA.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member rudorofu's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

There have been some one-shots that I wish weren't one-shots...even though they were pretty decent on their own. In terms of series, I wish Shinshi Doumei Cross would have lasted longer because I was saddened when the news of the last chapter being released was out ): Similarly, I hoped that Tanemura Arina's Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne continued as well.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner MisaoFan's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

The only manga I really wish would last longer was Mayoi Neko Overrun! : I'm really sad. Poor anime DVD/BD sales, poor manga sales (which led to cancellation with 2 volumes) and even the light novel changed illustrators and last with 12 volumes instead of continuing longer.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Enn's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Me and the Devil Blues. It was really interesting, I felt a bit disappointed when I read that it was discontinued.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Mx0, I think that was a series deserving of a lot more time than it got.

And, though it's not finished yet, Naruto. I just think it's rushing toward and ending now and it would have been a lot better off if it hadn't done that. Instead opting to continue following the characters growth maybe even till they got as old as 19 or 20 and let all the various plotlines follow a much more natural course.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess I'm one of the few people who were sad when Ane Doki was canceled It was a lovely story with good art, the rushed ending didn't satisfy me one bit.

I wouldn't mind for FMA to continue and show a bit of their new journey. The ending was perfect but I really miss this great manga.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rudorofu View Post
    In terms of series, I wish Shinshi Doumei Cross would have lasted longer because I was saddened when the news of the last chapter being released was out ): Similarly, I hoped that Tanemura Arina's Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne continued as well.
    I agree with you about this. Actually not to last very long. but just one or two extra chapters about how the the characters lived after sorting things out would be a great thing to see. ^^ Thinking about it we actually did see some for Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne~ But it was too short!

I actually wish the series I'm currently re-reading, Kekkon Shiyou Yo (Let's Get Married), to last longer for the same reason above. I wish I could see more of what would happen next, how the newly married couple sort things out, and also to see the future of romance life of the other couple. It would be nice to see that. :P

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2