Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 149 of 167 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 147 148 149 150 151 159 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 2502

Thread: Naruto Hangout Thread v.9

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member zagorka's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.9

The sharingan cannot tell the difference. But it's possible that Kishi will change that. Just like how Raiton can be stronger than Fuuton now. The message is in my sig.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member thefreak's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto2011 View Post
    man i was hoping for some developments with the Konoha 11 and such, but Naruto training again is extremely exciting! Sasuke is is reminding me of Darth Vader...
    look for my post some pages earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by thefreak View Post
    So here is the next most favored scenario for 481-
    Karin dumped by sasuke. Found by sakura ALIVE.
    Naruto and Kuubi having a buddy chat.
    Kakashi Back to (or towards) Konoha.
    Sasuke donning a Mask cum helmet and breathing loudly?

Offtopic: If in fight with killerbee 1 amaterasu can make sasuke's eyesight hazy. Then how can now he can still see clearly?
    Last edited by thefreak; February 01, 2010 at 09:27 AM.
    I just want to crib here.. Whats wrong with the top 3 manga these days?
    Naruto is well; Going ok nowadays but fails to excite me.
    Bleach used to be fast paced but now its crawling.. seriously.
    and One Piece... Dont ask.. its a case of TLDR. Just wall of text after text.. I am reading it just for the heck of it.. Just cant leave the story unfinished. Come on Oda you can do better.

Fairy Tail rules these days.. cant wait for next chapters..

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member lan2cp's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Why does Sasuke have his MS techniques inverted? IIRC, Itachi had Tsukuyomi in the left eye en Amaterasu in the right, and Sasuke has them diferent. Any thoughts on that?

Moemin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lan2cp View Post
    Why does Sasuke have his MS techniques inverted? IIRC, Itachi had Tsukuyomi in the left eye en Amaterasu in the right, and Sasuke has them diferent. Any thoughts on that?
    Not sure, does it need to be a reason? It could be because Sasuke basically is the opposit of what Itachi is. He's seeing the inverted vision of Itachi in a sense. Itachi wanting peace, Sasuke more killing.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katz View Post
    I don't really feel like reading through the early parts of the series but can anyone tell me if Konohamaru's father, I.e Third Hokage's "other" son, is ever mentioned as dead or alive?, I swear I remember it as dead but I could be wrong entirely
    I don't think there's any mention of him at all. It's probably assumed he's dead since we don't see him at all.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been thinking about something lately, more than usual. One of the themes in Naruto is that "the new generation always surpass the old one". But I ask, how the hell are people gonna surpass the current generation? Or more specifically Naruto and Sasuke?

I mean, there's got to be a limit to surpassing others. You can't endlessly surpass others, and it's rather ridiculous in my opinion. Naruto and Sasuke are already absurdly strong, and they're only 16!! They're mere teenagers. I can't even begin to imagine how powerful they could be at let's say 30 years old. Their power is gonna be absurd, granted they even live that long. Maybe a way Kishi is going to solve this problem in is to make both Naruto and Sasuke die at the end, though I doubt it. The rest of that generation seem "surpassable", perhaps except Gaara.

I seriously feel sorry for Naruto's kid if he ever gets one (he should!). The brat has huge shoes to fill.

7. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

surpassing doesn't always mean in power, but also in ideals. Sure the next generation probably won't live up to Naruto or Sasuke, but they'll have a completely different view on the world, which is what Naruto is trying to do right now to the ninja world: change how everyone thinks of it. Surpassing might also mean that they want a better future for their children

9. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it certainly can, but in the context Kakashi said it in it definitely sounded power related. It was like he said to Kakuzu "Lulz you lost because Naruto ar new generation". I dunno, I always felt like it was power related, but you might be on to something.

Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that if Yondaime was around, Naruto would be a complete beast already, instead of a sniveling little girl.

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member zagorka's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Is that how you guys interpreted what Fukusaku said about Naruto with Jiraiya and the Fourth? Because the way I see it, 1. We didn't know too much about the 4th's ideals, and 2. Naruto hadn't yet begun to really do anything ideal-wise, other than pound Asura-Pain into the ground. Which leads me to believe that he meant power. How? I don't know.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

errrr I really don't think Naruto had surpassed Jiraiya and Minato in terms of power at that point. Maybe close to Jiraiya, but LOL not Minato. No way in hell. So I have no clue what Kishi meant by that line, probably trying to hype Naruto up.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

In hindsight, people like Minato, Jiraiya, Orochimaru, Itachi, etc all must have been seen as unsurpassable, but Naruto and Sasuke are beginning to prove that notion wrong in many ways.

Konohamaru became the youngest ninja ever to complete a Rasengan, and he was only taught the principles by Naruto it would seem.

So, in a way, everything that happens now with the current characters is certainly surpassable in one way or another. There is no telling what the future will hold in the Narutoverse, or to put it better, what other insane hacks Kishi has up his sleave to make characters even more powerful lol.

Quote Originally Posted by CBlitz View Post
    errrr I really don't think Naruto had surpassed Jiraiya and Minato in terms of power at that point. Maybe close to Jiraiya, but LOL not Minato. No way in hell.
    IMO, from what we know about Minato, it would seem his powerful paled in comparison to his teacher Jiraiya. He may have had the potential to be better, but I don't think he ever reached that height.

So IMO, I think Naruto is closer to surpassing his father than his sensei.
    Last edited by Delbi; February 01, 2010 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

but....but Minato could teleport!! That nullifies like 90% of all jutsus that might be used against him!! I'm not trying to be a Minato fanboy...but SPACE/TIME JUTSU MAN @___@

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darth Executor's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    I think that if Yondaime was around, Naruto would be a complete beast already, instead of a sniveling little girl.
    Naruto is a complete beast. Just one that snivels like a little girl.

On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?

19. Thanks 9 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    Naruto is a complete beast. Just one that snivels like a little girl.

On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    He isn't complete yet. He is mega-weak to genjutsu. I think he would be infinitely more skilled and beastly if Yondaime was around (like able to use Kyuubi, etc). Of course others are free to disagree

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

Thread Closed
Page 149 of 167 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 147 148 149 150 151 159 ... LastLast