Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who is safe from Aizen's illusion?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Who is safe from Aizen's illusion?

Okay, so, recent development shown that a lot of people trust that Ichigo is the only one that can defeat Aizen.

He got a chance because he's captain-level (maybe more according to Unohana) and because he didn't see Aizen's release.

My question is : Who else didn't see Aizen's release and, therefore, would have a chance against him?

For sure, Ichigo's friends didn't see it :
    - Ishida
    - Sado
    - Orohime

But, they don't see strong enough to even have a chance against Aizen (unless Orohime can suddenly "reject Aizen's existence" )

Are there some from Soul Society that didn't see it?
    - Did Renji see it?
    - Did Rukia see it?

I think Renji saw it, but I'm not sure about Rukia.

What about the ones that left Soul Society?
    - Did Urohara see it?
    - Did Yoruichi see it?
    - Did Tessai see it?
    - Did the two kids see it?

- Did Isshin see it?

Urohara, Yoruichi and Tessai might have seen it during the year they were there...
    The two kids with Urohara might not be that strong, but they still didn't see Aizen's release.

As for Isshin, I'm pretty sure he didn't see it.
    I mean... he left Soul Society before the even of Pendulum (I think).

And as far as I know, Isshin is pretty strong (stronger than Ichigo?) and could have a shot against Aizen too.
    And let's not forget that Kubo said that Isshin would be very important in the next arc (Isshin training Ichigo?)

What about the Squad Zero?
    I'm sure all of those guys didn't see Aizen's release...

Instead of hoping for Ichigo to pull something crazy, I wonder why Yama-ji didn't request some help from the Squad Zero...

And of course, there's still Tousen, who is blind, and thus, who isn't under Aizen's influence.
    Is there any chance for him to turn good?
    I doubt it, but it would certainly be interesting.

----

So who get a shot at Aizen!?
    Who didn't see Aizen's release and might be strong enough to beat him:

- Ichigo
    - Isshin
    - Tousen
    - Squad Zero
    - Urohara? (He would be strong enough, but he might have seen it)
    Last edited by THM Nindo; November 28, 2009 at 10:20 AM.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member street_san's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who is safe from Aizen's illusion?

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/171/12/

All the Vice-Captains saw it.

I'm not sure for the people below them, but I think Aizen didn't have to show them his power since they are really not worth it. But it's only my opinion xD
    Pride Supporter of the Buggy joining Luffy's crew
    Pride Supporter of those who become emotional when they finish a manga or an anime

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Only Ichigo and his friends are immune......and maybe Isshin....Unohana already stated that veryone has seen it,included Urahara group.And it's kinda likely that Mifune Taichou(RG) has seen it too...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member drakend's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yans86 View Post
    Only Ichigo and his friends are immune......and maybe Isshin....Unohana already stated that veryone has seen it,included Urahara group.And it's kinda likely that Mifune Taichou(RG) has seen it too...
    No they aren't immune... they didn't see it. As soon as they see it they're done for, like evreybody else.

Aizen's advantage didn't change a bit: Ichigo has only A CHANCE to take down him, before he shows Ichigo his release.
    I don't think Aizen is going to fall for a one-hit attack, even because Ichigo doesn't have an attack like that, for now at least. Ichigo will have to defeat Aizen in a long fight, so he will have to overcome his shikai, his bankai and his mask. The dude is calling himself a god, so in order to take down a god you must become a greater god yourself...
    Last edited by drakend; November 28, 2009 at 10:41 AM.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mifune_Taichou View Post
    basically we need Black Star from Soul Eater. anyone else will fail miserably lol
    I don't know what or who Black Star is (I didn't watch Soul Eater), but I think Aizen can really be considered almost a god, considering his shikai can own the entire SS (according to Unohana, not to some Aizen's worshipper!).
    Ichigo will need far more than Ichigonator to defeat Aizen: he needs to become stronger than him, that's enough said... UNLESS Kubo doesn't decide to make a lame plot twist by giving Ichigo the reiatsu of his friends, of the nature or some shit along these lines...
    Last edited by drakend; November 28, 2009 at 01:36 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drakend View Post
    I don't know what or who Black Star is (I didn't watch Soul Eater), but I think Aizen can really be considered almost a god, considering his shikai can own the entire SS (according to Unohana, not to some Aizen's worshipper!).
    Ichigo will need far more than Ichigonator to defeat Aizen: he needs to become stronger than him, that's enough said... UNLESS Kubo doesn't decide to make a lame plot twist by giving Ichigo the reiatsu of his friends, of the nature or some shit along these lines...
    Well, so far Aizen didn't show much.
    He was able to stop Ichigo's bankai with a finger, and stop Tessai casting with his own without singing the chant...

j/k

He's shown that he's one of the strongest to avoid being hit, but he didn't shown any attack (except when he slashed Momo and Harribel).
    Now, I hope we are going to see him fight against the strongest of Soul Society so that we can really evaluate if he's strong or not..

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheHomeMade Nindo View Post
    He's shown that he's one of the strongest to avoid being hit, but he didn't shown any attack (except when he slashed Momo and Harribel).
    Now, I hope we are going to see him fight against the strongest of Soul Society so that we can really evaluate if he's strong or not..
    Aizen can manipulate an enemy like a puppet... regardless of his strength. How can you have doubts on his strength?
    Separate Aizen's shikai from his overall strength is nonsense: kyouka suigetsu is Aizen's strength.
    I think it should be classified as plotkai tough: it's just too overpowered, on par with Inoue's rejection skills.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mifune_Taichou's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drakend View Post
    Black Star is a character who's catchphrase is " i am the man who will surpass God". which is why we need him to beat Aizen lol. But seriously cmon its so obvious Ichigo will beat him eventually. even his sword is forshadowing it. Aizen's aim is to stand in heaven and Ichigo's move translates loosely to "Wolve's fang slices heaven" or somesuch. It is written.
    Credit to Thepocolypse for the Awesome sig

Shut up and drink your bleach juice!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

No one in the gotei 13 had so much as a shred of a chance of not seeing aizen's shikai. The simple possibility does not exist; aizen is far to smart to make such a mistake. He easily had over 110 years to put every captain, VC and member of the squads to do that. We have no idea of ishin's backstory so it is kinda hard to say. I doubt someone as himself would stay out of the war if he was such an important asset in it though. Ishida's dad is another possibility but it is very hard to know without knowing his backstory. The only safe bets here are uryu, ichigo, orihime and chad; orihime has been around aizen for a while though, it is plausible she has also been put under it off screen.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mifune_Taichou View Post
    Black Star is a character who's catchphrase is " i am the man who will surpass God". which is why we need him to beat Aizen lol. But seriously cmon its so obvious Ichigo will beat him eventually. even his sword is forshadowing it. Aizen's aim is to stand in heaven and Ichigo's move translates loosely to "Wolve's fang slices heaven" or somesuch. It is written.
    Yeah I agree on the fact Ichigo will beat Aizen some day, but this arc is not that day, that's for sure!
    Regarding Ichigo's release... you made me realize something: its meaning may be a spoiler about Aizen actually being sucessful il capturing the throne!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a theory that aizen was the son of a traitor from the King's real. To save his son, he banished aizen from the king's realm. Everyone thought aizen was dead, but really he was hiding in SS under another persona waiting for the perfect chance to strike lol

But no, aizen is not god. If his shikai was truly absolute, what is stopping him from owning all the captains now? Why didn't he just use his shikai to own everyone on sokyoku hill? Thing is, there must be limits to his shikai. Whehter that is how many people he can confuse at one time or how long he can maintain an illusion or how many illusions he can cast.

Unohana's statement to me applies to 1-on-1. It would be almost impossible ot beat aizen due to the illusions, but it is also hard for him to beat all of ss

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My question is, Ichigo only has to see the release once. Can't Aizen release his sword, dodge his first attack and vola, has Ichigo caught in it?

I don't see how Kubo can work his way around Aizen's insanely strong release.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raizen View Post
    I had a theory that aizen was the son of a traitor from the King's real. To save his son, he banished aizen from the king's realm. Everyone thought aizen was dead, but really he was hiding in SS under another persona waiting for the perfect chance to strike lol

But no, aizen is not god. If his shikai was truly absolute, what is stopping him from owning all the captains now? Why didn't he just use his shikai to own everyone on sokyoku hill? Thing is, there must be limits to his shikai. Whehter that is how many people he can confuse at one time or how long he can maintain an illusion or how many illusions he can cast.

Unohana's statement to me applies to 1-on-1. It would be almost impossible ot beat aizen due to the illusions, but it is also hard for him to beat all of ss
    I'm sure Aizen's power had limits, but I don't think it's related to the nember of people he can 'controled' at a time. In the Turn Back the Pendulum arc he 'controled' Shunsui and loads of other shinigami at the same time (Don't remember the amount).

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gecko Moria's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

But no, aizen is not god. If his shikai was truly absolute, what is stopping him from owning all the captains now?
    Aizen is the type of character that needs to be 100% sure he can win before he attempts anything. He even had a back-up plan to extract the Hogyoku from Rukia in the very unlikely event that something went wrong with the original plan to execute Rukia with the Sokyoku. Therefore, I think Aizen is contemplating that even with his powerful abilities, he would definitely have some trouble fighting off all the captains present so he is not taking any action just yet.

Why didn't he just use his shikai to own everyone on sokyoku hill?
    He was caught off-guard by Soi Fon and Yoruichi's surprise attack, as seen here. Yoruichi threatened to decapitate him if he tried anything.

Thing is, there must be limits to his shikai. Whehter that is how many people he can confuse at one time or how long he can maintain an illusion or how many illusions he can cast.
    I think the limit of his shikai is would be how long he can maintain it. Use of any abilities requires energy, and even Aizen would not be able to keep his shikai active forever.

Thanks to ~Coffee~ for the avatar and signature.
    Everything is possible: The impossible just takes longer.

One Piece|Gecko is bored, go post something~|The Tennis Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Tibet
    Post Thanks / Like

If I were Aizen, I would at least kill the senior captains one by one long before revealing my true abilities. His reluctance to do so and his remark about the espada indicate that his faith in his power is not absolute.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast