Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 110 of 215 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 160 210 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 3223

Thread: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Steffan's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Kizo View Post
    How is Yotsuya being heralded as an example of originality? It's Neuro Lite..
    Well I've never seen anything like it in JUMP, story-wise but also art-wise.
    Too bad it's doing so shitty... ]:

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaymie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

One Piece's has a surprising amount of detail, and Bleach's has a surprising lack of detail (as usual). After Volume 40's awesomeness I thought the covers would start getting better, but I was dead wrong.

I'm more excited for the other Jump covers. Even though it's in SQ, Tegami Bachi never disappoints with its covers. Those things are like eye crack. My eyes always get lost in the thousands of shades of blue and purple. D.Gray-man's cover was already shown in a black-and-white thumbnail, and I'm extremely disappointed in it.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member arsene.lupin's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry for my bad english

4. Thanks 13 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty sweet Reborn! cover! I like the composition and how the seven guardians are in formal attire, not to mention the fact that Chrome's there and not Mukuro!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rejuvenation's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty good Reborn cover. Amaon delivered on this one. Now if only I could say that on anything since the Byakuran fight. -____-

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Deicide chapters will start being ranked next issue, I expect a rebound. The chapter this week was Aizen talking, the last page was epic though. To be honest I've enjoyed the last month of Bleach more than at any time since Turn Back The Pendulum ended. One Piece has also been epic the last few months.

Anyway, not reading Metallica. Seems pointless, more Jump action. If Komi Naoshi or Matsui ever come back wake me up

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Now if only I could say that on anything since the Byakuran fight. -____-
    I don't really want to defend Amano, tbh; however, it's not all her fault. In my opinion, at least. Look, even fairly bad chapters like the ones dealing with the fight against Byakuran were very high-ranking; her volumes are selling better and better again, too, surprisingly. And actually, I was expecting that she'd get a proper ticking-off, meaning pretty low TOC rankings and worse volume sales. However, as I already mentioned, the exact opposite happened. Sadly. So, as far as I'm concerned, the Japanese readership being responsible for said positive trend is to blame. They should stop buying her volumes & voting for Reborn! when it comes to TOC rankings until clear improvements can be noticed :I
    Last edited by pandaaqueen; May 28, 2010 at 03:53 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rejuvenation's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten.Sama View Post
    The Deicide chapters will start being ranked next issue, I expect a rebound. The chapter this week was Aizen talking, the last page was epic though. To be honest I've enjoyed the last month of Bleach more than at any time since Turn Back The Pendulum ended. One Piece has also been epic the last few months.
    Its the climax of a 4 year long arc. Kubo had better be delivering after all of that dragging. Bleach has indeed been more enjoyable in recent chapters for me. Though that might just be me being a fan of the Urahara faction and they are finally stepping up to bat.

Quote Quote:
    Anyway, not reading Metallica. Seems pointless, more Jump action. If Komi Naoshi or Matsui ever come back wake me up
    After some more thinking, I believe sometimes we can be a bit harsh on the action manga. Sure you get utterly bland ones like Kagijin or the clear Part 2 Dragonball/YYH successors in Bleach.

But I feel that if something is attempting to build a story outside of the typical conventions or at least builds unique characters it should probably be given some more slack.

If Metallica appears to do that in its first year without getting the axe I won't complain too much about it.

Quote Originally Posted by pandaaqueen View Post
    I don't really want to defend Amano, tbh; however, it's not all her fault. In my opinion, at least. Look, even fairly bad chapters like the ones dealing with the fight against Byakuran were very high-ranking; her volumes are selling better and better again, too, surprisingly. And actually, I was expecting that she'd get a proper ticking-off, meaning pretty low TOC rankings and worse volume sales. However, as I already mentioned, the exact opposite happened. Sadly. So, as far as I'm concerned, the Japanese readership being responsible for said positive trend is to blame. They should stop buying her volumes & voting for Reborn! when it comes to TOC rankings until clear improvements can be noticed :I
    Not going to happen. Its in the same category as Naruto and Bleach in that regard.

Unlike a good portion of the base, I actually enjoyed parts of the future arc and didn't completely give up on it. But at the end when it got rushed after spending such a long time building it up only disappointment can describe what I felt there.

And the recent chapters have just been utterly boring for me. I don't care for the parallel minor mafia family that is being introduced. Only Adelheid remotely interests me and that is because she had the audacity to bust into Hibari's office and tried to take over from him.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Steffan's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pandaaqueen View Post
    Well the fact that that horrible HORRIBLE Future Arc has finally ended seems like an incredibly improvement to me. It's actually enjoyable to read, now.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Not going to happen. Its in the same category as Naruto and Bleach in that regard.
    I know, I know. But you get my point, right? Being a mangaka is also a job! Having said that, as long as your readers are seemingly pleased with your work, there's most likely nothing that could make you doubt your work.

Quote Quote:
    Well the fact that that horrible HORRIBLE Future Arc has finally ended seems like an incredibly improvement to me. It's actually enjoyable to read, now.
    I can't agree with you on that D: Sometimes I do think that she's simply lost her touch.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Really? I don't know, but to me this recent arc has been a breath of fresh air. Its got interesting plot developments, an interesting story premise, cool new characters and some actual comedy which I so very missed. The future arc just dragged on for too long.

Metallica was pretty... unspectacular. The synopsis actually had me interested, but the 1st chapter (including the art) just felt like the same old, same old... I'm still digging the whole metal theme, but I was expecting a more steampunk story. To me this just seems like MAR (which I never actually read/saw except for some parts).

I was kind of glad to hear about the new sports series, and even more when I heard it was going to be about football, but Shonen Shiku just seems unimpressive. I'm actually interested in reading Kuroko now that the art seems to have gotten pretty cool. Well that and the fact that I'm interested in seeing what the colour whored series has to offer after getting so many CPs .

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

HQ covers, you can pick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heiji-sama View Post
    Shônen Jump #26 :
    [b]Kateikyôshi Hitman Reborn! :
    Cara and Vic

16. Thanks 8 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

As a huge Reborn fan, I saved both of the HQ covers. Thank you!

I have a question. In the top left circle, it says that this issue is the June 14 edition when it's actually released on the 31st. Does anyone know what "June 14th" means?

I'm just curious. Sorry for the stupid question!

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    As a huge Reborn fan, I saved both of the HQ covers. Thank you!

I have a question. In the top left circle, it says that this issue is the June 14 edition when it's actually released on the 31st. Does anyone know what "June 14th" means?

I'm just curious. Sorry for the stupid question!
    I'm guessing that it's the issue for that week. Like most periodicals (mostly monthly ones), the June issue doesn't actually come out in June, it comes out in May, for instance. Issue 26 is supposed to be on newsstands this monday, the 31st, and it'll remain on the newsstand until June 7th. It's a week early, but I think it's the same kind of thing.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Negative Syndicate

Quote Quote:
    873 : ◆EizHb38XPU :2010/05/31(月) 00:40:19 ID:Zn9n5DWS0
    ん~ 今日はちょっと無理だなあ
    一応ドベは四と目だったかと
    There is no koneta today, maybe tomorrow. But it is confirmed that Yotsuya and Medaka are in bottom 5.

Quote Quote:
    714 名前: ◆EizHb38XPU [sage] 投稿日:10/06/01(火) 02:50 ID:cWK007Rg
    小ネタ
    ・27ドベ5四谷、めだか、いぬ、録音、銀
    ・28巻頭OP C亀、読切西義之
    ・読切29村田、30稲垣+ボンジェー<漢字出せないw
    Issue 27 Bottom 5:

Gintama
    Lock On
    Inumaru
    Medaka Box
    Yotsuya

Issue 28:
    Lead CP: One Piece
    CP: Kochikame, One Shot by Nishi Yoshiyuki (author of Muhyo to Roji)

Issue 29: One Shot by Murata Yuusuke (illustrator of Eyeshield 21)

Issue 30: One Shot by Inagaki Riichiro (story author of Eyeshield 21) + Bonjae (?)
    Last edited by Negative Syndicate; May 31, 2010 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

21. Thanks 19 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 110 of 215 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 160 210 ... LastLast