Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Thread Closed
Page 160 of 215 FirstFirst ... 60 110 150 158 159 160 161 162 170 210 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 3223

Thread: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

Scanlator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Esc.'s Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Amano Akira's disciple? If the art is anything similar to Reborn than I'll definitely read it.

So, in the end, both SWOT and Oumagadoki were in the bottom 5. hmm. Toriko and Bakuman slowly overthrowing one of the big 3?

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice to see Kuroko sitting just outside of the Top 5. I'll be interested in reading the new series since its from a former assistant of Amano's.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Kizo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to Heiji-sama for translating the ToC, but Inumaru Dashi wasn't translated; it should be between Kuroko no Basket and Nurarihyon no Mago.

I'm curious about the new series, but I can't say I'm expecting much success from anything new this year. The fact that it's by a disciple of Amano inspires even less confidence in me.
    Shonen Beam - shonen opinion/commentary site
    Beamcast - twice-weekly shonen podcast

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Galactic Tomahawk's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Sucks to see Oumagadoki debut this low, but not a surprise.

I could see it lasting slightly longer than usual on account of several other series failing worse, but I don't think it's gonna survive long.

Scanlator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Esc.'s Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Indeed. As for the order of who's out first, it'd probably move accordingly:

Shonen Shikku
    Metalica
    SWOT
    Oumagadoki

Just my guess of course.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaymie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope Enigma is nothing short of amazing, otherwise it doesn't have a chance in the world.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rejuvenation's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a perfect ToC for me. Medaka Box is once again knocking on the door of the top 5. Japan must have really loved Emukae who is batshit insane. The top 5 is regularly trying to kick Bleach out of said door. Toriko and Bakuman have been Top 5 regulars as of late and Sket hasn't collapsed into the bottom 5.

I'm on a natural high this week.

Its nice that Hokenshitsu and Inumaru get their anniversary colors next week. I haven't read the former but I can appreciate it having what it takes to last a year in Jump with minimal support.

Quote Originally Posted by StrangerAtaru View Post
    And as for the Beezle anime...well we knew it was coming but it would have been two years in March anyway...sort of expected the announcement then but I guess they just want to get it over with if they do the announcement now. (honestly, while I know they want to promote sports series, I imagine the next in line being Medaka over Kuroko and...yeah, Toriko)
    If the bold happens I am so doing a victory dance across this thread and the rest of the internet. I would have earned it and I have given you all fair warning!

Although I must say, Toriko should definitely come before Medaka. Hopefully in the spring of next year and maybe Medaka in the fall. I'd love seeing my #2 and #3 getting their anime in the same year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber D Rufi View Post
    Completely agreed. I wonder who'll be drawing? Since it's a shorter series, it could be anyone. If it were longer, it would limit it to Toei, Pierrot or maybe Sunrise....(although Beelze being drawn by the Gintama guys would be pretty awesome.)

I guess the nice thing about shorter series is shorter turnaround. Now rather than waiting two years, we only have to wait 1.5, sometimes one! And it's probably intended to be easier on DVD buyers wallets...
    I actually think a while back we were saying that we hoped Sunrise would be the one doing Beelzebub. Since Beelzebub seems like the kind of series that would fit them like Gintama did.

If they still charge them anything over $40 for two episodes I'm not sure I'd consider that easier on the wallet lol.
    Last edited by Rejuvenation; September 01, 2010 at 03:20 PM.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rejuvenation View Post
    If the bold happens I am so doing a victory dance across this thread and the rest of the internet. I would have earned it and I have given you all fair warning!
    I will do the exact opposite. My hate for Medaka Box grows for each chapter I read. Every cancellation I'm praying for it to end instead of a new series exits. It's a sad situation where these new series can't capture their audience enough for votes. I'm careful not to harshly bash Medaka and respect others opinions but the story is ridiculous, too ridiculous for me.

In this order, Sket Dance anime > Toriko anime > after a long fought battle then Medaka can have an anime.

yeah, I continue to read Medaka, just to make sure it's non deserving in the Jump line up.

Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel the same about Medaka AKI. And the thing is that I loved the fisrt few chapters specially being a series from nishio ishin but then when all the fighting began it got really ridiculous.

I wish everytime when the TOC come to see Medaka being axed because I know the author can do something much better than it. I wouldn't mind giving Medaka an anime as long as it only covered up to the Unzen arc.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rejuvenation's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    I will do the exact opposite. My hate for Medaka Box grows for each chapter I read. Every cancellation I'm praying for it to end instead of a new series exits. It's a sad situation where these new series can't capture their audience enough for votes. I'm careful not to harshly bash Medaka and respect others opinions but the story is ridiculous, too ridiculous for me.

In this order, Sket Dance anime > Toriko anime > after a long fought battle then Medaka can have an anime.

yeah, I continue to read Medaka, just to make sure it's non deserving in the Jump line up.
    I take it you have no love for Kinnikuman or Bobobo either? Medaka is over the top but I wouldn't quite put it on their level of wackiness either.

Since it parodies and subverts shounen concepts I can enjoy it thoroughly. Across the net from what I read people expect it to be Haruhi, Sket Dance, or History's Strongest Disciple Zenkichi(Minus the eccentric masters). It is neither of those things and I'm happy that is the case.

I don't mind having a nemesis. Or several dozen since that is the more accurate number although I've repeatedly explained why the series actually is coherent despite being over the top. It was wacky from the start and people were doing ridiculous things from the start. I also do my best not to take over the thread with it every week like a certain other series used to do.

Finally something we partially agree on. It is my belief that Sket Dance, Toriko, and Psyren should have their anime in 2011. With the current sales Sket has put up lately and the stabilized rankings there is no more excuse. There is more than enough content for it to run for at least 4 seasons with minimal filler.

However, Medaka has been fighting that battle since day one and continues to fight today. It has a nice cumulation of victories I might add. It will be well earned and without the blatant welfare that other series have gotten. You say its non deserving but everything it has managed to do in the face of the odds is impressive. Fighting off threats from underneath while having an interesting story with some original concepts for this current Jump era make it deserving in my book.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I will give Medaka Box some credit. Currently out of all the series running Medaka is the sole female lead. She provides fan service as most females are reduced to in jump, but she gets to be the star. You would think boys would like to see more manga with females kicking ass in a prominent role. We only get to see them as a side kick or secondary character always in the background. Out of all the shonen category magazines Jump really needs to have an estrogen injection to give it some added flavor. I miss Ane Doki.

15. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kizo View Post
    I'm curious about the new series, but I can't say I'm expecting much success from anything new this year. The fact that it's by a disciple of Amano inspires even less confidence in me.
    Aimoto Shou of Hokenshitsu was also a disciple (assistant) and that series is doing okay. You never know.

It's interesting to see the assistants of the current JUMP line-up coming into the scene. Shinohara (SKET) used to be the assistant of Sorachi, and Akatsuki (Medaka) used to be Hoshino's assistant. Oda was also the assistant of Watsuki back in the day. Those are old news but it's still pretty cool.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget, Tamura (Beelzebub) was an assistant of Iwashiro (Psyren)

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Negative Syndicate

I found a preview page for Enigma.

Plus, it is confirmed that Shinkai Hideo's series called Light Wing, it is sport (soccer) manga.
    Last edited by Negative Syndicate; September 01, 2010 at 09:46 PM.

20. Thanks 9 Member(s) thanked this post
    Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member [Cross]'s Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How amusing, they're adding in another soccer series? I've always figured that shonen shikku had one foot in the grave, but then again, they did add Hoop Men while Kuroko was just getting settled in, and we know how that turned out.
    Last edited by [Cross]; September 01, 2010 at 10:06 PM.

Thread Closed
Page 160 of 215 FirstFirst ... 60 110 150 158 159 160 161 162 170 210 ... LastLast