Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 164 of 215 FirstFirst ... 64 114 154 162 163 164 165 166 174 214 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 3223

Thread: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk

I liked the Box theme and then started disliking it because it became a manga about ridiculous superhuman fights. But this is not the right thread to disscuss that.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

What is that One Piece Grand Countdown Jump did? Is there any interesting information?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

kewl summed everything up nicely about the countdown, there's nothing story added into anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by kewl0210 View Post
    The Japanese site calls it:
    ONE PIECE再開への特別企画
    4号連続で合計20000名にオリジナルグッズが当たるクイズも!!

They're giving like, 20,000 "One Piece Goods" to people for the 4 issues until OP comes back. So not really related to anything we care about.
    I do wonder how many people who don't subscribe buy Jump for One Piece alone.

This is the dreaded cut off post for this thread, See everyone in the next version with the link below.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

WSJ Pirate Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Download all the latest WSJ chapters here!
    (Note: The above list is automatically generated based on latest releases and availability of chapters on MH.)

What is this thread about?
    This thread started in 2006 as a scan archive for Weekly Shounen Jump (WSJ) manga. It was essentially a place for all raws from WSJ that didn't have their own R/T/S threads here at MangaHelpers. Over the years, many members (including The Touch, xi0, Kylara, Asakura, Sai_the_Shaman, Waeyen, and Heiji, to name a few) have been helping out in this thread by scanning covers, ToC pages, previews, and sharing the raws they found or scanned.

With MH's upgrade to v2.3, there's no longer a need for a separate scan archive. This all new 2010 thread will be for you, the fans, to discuss whatever you like about WSJ! Predominantly, discussions will be centered around the ToC ranking that's posted weekly. You can also post the magazine covers and preview pages in this thread.

What is the ToC ranking?
    ToC stands for Table of Contents. It's found on the last page of every issue of WSJ, but more importantly, the order the series appear in on the ToC is closely related to the popularity of the series. This is determined by polling the readers; there is a polling postcard in every issue of WSJ.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanizer View Post
    Each week, a certain guy from 2ch writes out TOC for the following week's Jump. TOC order is usually based on polling result of readers, thus you will know how your favorite series are doing based on the order.

Some exceptions etc:
    - Pyu to fuku Jaguar is always at the last.
    - For the 2nd-8th chapters, TOC is already decided, though it could change depends on readers' ranking.
    - The TOC is affected by the popularity of 8 chapter ago.
    - Shueisha's aiming their main target as elementary and junior high school students, thus, their votes weigh probably more than others (fangirls).
    How can I find out what series runs in WSJ?
    Click HERE for a list of all the current series running in WSJ. Each link will lead you to more details about the manga, and where you can find raws, translations and scanlations for all your favourite series! You can also find past series in WSJ by changing the Status filters on that page.

Where are the past WSJ threads?
    - Weekly Shounen Jump Scan Dump! [2007]
    - Weekly Shounen Jump (Shounen Mag by Shueisha) [Archive 2008 and older]
    - Weekly Shonen Jump [2009] - Discussion and TOC Talk
    - Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

Have fun!

Spoiler: 2010 Covers show
    Cover Orange - Lead Color Magenta - Center Color Blue - Oneshot Color Yellow - New Green - Finished Red
    Spoiler: ToC show
    Last edited by Asarii; November 24, 2010 at 06:07 PM.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Now Sentient! 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MangaHelpers's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread Here

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Since the 1st post needs an update here are the missing ToCs.
    Spoiler: #38 show
    Spoiler: #39 show
    Spoiler: #40 show
    Last edited by Akiyama; September 05, 2010 at 10:12 AM.

8. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Negative Syndicate

Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

Is this thread suppose to be part 2?

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

No that's just how the site splits threads when they get too big. Its splits it off into Part 1 then Part 2 if needed. Not sure why

Threads are automatically split at about 2500 posts. There aren't that many threads popular and long lived enough for that to happen. /Kaiten
    Last edited by Kaiten; September 05, 2010 at 10:50 AM.

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member StrangerAtaru's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly I expected this split sooner but hey, at least it's happened.

You know with a lot of my work on Old Jump, I sort of wished there was a medium like this to talk about the series from back then...then again I guess that partially has to do with how many of them I've done so far...even if not to many are read outside certain communities.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Discussions about Jump's history is always welcome here. There's nothing wrong with starting a thread specifically for Jump history either, free of TOC and discussion of current series. That would be pretty interesting, not reading a lot myself at the moment, but there's been a lot more old school series getting scanlations recently. All of your series are being worked on, Cyber Blue is being translated, Rookies has been revived, Hareluya II Boy has had ongoing translations for a while now. Obviously any could get individual threads in general shonen but a thread to discuss the bigger picture would be fun.

Scanlator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Esc.'s Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I particularly love reading the oldies. I know it's a long shot, but I still hope for some Ring ni Kakero to be translated. That series hasn't even seen a license if I'm correct.

StrangerAtaru's Kochikame chapters were very nice too, although it'd be too much to ask for all of them. xD

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I like getting the highlights every now and again though It seems like some of the older series that used to be required reading are being ignored, or at least not discussed by younger fans. Houshin Engi is one of my all time favorite Jump series, I almost never see it name checked any more, at least here at MH. Dr. Slump too, still one of my favorite comedy series ever. Every Dragonball fan should read it, as proof Toriyama can do something other than battle manga.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rejuvenation's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll second wanting to see Ring ni Kakero translated.

I still want to get my hands on Go Nagai's Harenchi Gakuen and Shimabukuro's Seikimatsu Leader-den Takeshi!

Also I agree with you Kaiten. Houshin Engi is definitely a series that should get more attention in general. As far as Dr. Slump goes, at one point it was hard for me to find many people who were aware Toriyama made Dr. Slump before Dragonball.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Slump was one of the old series that got name checked here a lot when I was a member, seems to have fallen off since then.

Harenchi Gakuen should be required reading. Started serialization in the first issue of Jump, by a hall of fame mangaka, and one of the first ecchi manga. Go Nagai's art was bad, it hasn't aged well, but works well in gag manga context. Mazinger Z is another classic Jump that doesn't seem so well known in the west; maybe the frist mecha series where the robot has a pilot, rather than remote control or AI.

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member StrangerAtaru's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly though I sort of meant just the whole idea of most people really not caring about Jump history, just wanting to know about the latest OP/Naruto/Bleach or whatever else when I say that. For the most part my projects are going forward (just finished a massive section of Otokojuku that essentially took three years in real time but took me close to a year to get through script-wise...and another Jump series may be coming from me after I finish that; while Kochikame for the most part is on hiatus while I do Nube) but it feels sad that no one really respects the history of the magazine and rather just find what is currently relevant.

As for Dr. Slump: honestly even though I haven't read it, for the most part it's something that really reflects the real Toriyama more than DB. He is and always will be a gag mangaka...he just sort of got shoe-horned into being the action legend everyone else sees him as.

18. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 164 of 215 FirstFirst ... 64 114 154 162 163 164 165 166 174 214 ... LastLast