Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 166 of 215 FirstFirst ... 66 116 156 164 165 166 167 168 176 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 3223

Thread: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

Negative Syndicate

Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by BBB Banana View Post
    This is confusing wich one is true? It must one from the two that kubukurin posted right?
    Second one is real TOC.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kubukurin's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

So Gintama is absent in the issue 41? Why we did not know it? Did Sorachi say anything at the end of chapter 323?

Negative Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by Kubukurin View Post
    So Gintama is absent in the issue 41? Why we did not know it? Did Sorachi say anything at the end of chapter 323?
    It is said Gintama going to take absent on end of chapter 323.

MH's Best Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Prince's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Oumagadoki climbs up a tiny little, I'm overjoyed.

Now I feel like I got the drive to catch up translations-wise...

--

Edit: Oh, and that OS sure sounds nice to me. A "Märchen"/fairy tail telling guy by the name of Grimm - due to my cultural background I'll definitely have to check that one out.
    Last edited by Mr. Prince; September 08, 2010 at 11:27 AM.

TL: Oumagadoki Doubutsuen (29/37) || *NEW* HUNGRY JOKER (latest update: case.12+13) • Meet the Man: Sterling Cooper Ad Agency

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member DidCart's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sad because SWOT is in such a low position in the TOC... I'm really enjoying the manga. They need to give it another chance.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Now Metallica has gone as well. And SWOT is bound to be cancelled too (if this goes on any further and there's a high chance it will). Seems like this year really is cursed, the new series can't do that much against the established one's At least, the top 7 are kind of unbreakable right now.

I'm happy with Bakuman, even though it surprises me to see it this high for the last few weeks. Medaka could do better but oh well, it's good as long as it keeps outside the bottom 5 and gets up from time to time.
    Psyren is doomed, at least I have a feeling that it's over after this arc The series is constantly in the bottom 5 and the author is kind of rushing things. Hope they will make it an anime nevertheless.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Galactic Tomahawk's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Not gonna get my hopes up about Oumagadoki yet, because it's not in the safe zone by any means and it could easily drop further.

But it's nice to see it do marginally better than most other things have this year.

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kewl0210's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, SWOT doesn't look like it's doing too well really... Might be how the story's not that interesting, barely anything happened with the story and the character designs are weird. But hey, maybe it'll get better...

Gintama and OP both being absent make it a weird Jump issue, so that's why there's all the one-shots and new series and extra stuff.
    Toriko and Bakuman are ahead of Bleach still which is good. Rest is pretty average. But like I said it's a weird situation.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Savi's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Goodbye Metalice
    It's pretty sad to see SWOT in the bottom even though the art is weird I really enjoy reading it.

Since today is the Jew's New Year my friend told me "I hope this year we will read a successful new manga from Jump, because this year they all got cut and most of them were boring."
    After that I went to Jump Archive in Wikipedia and saw that in 2003 only 1 series survived (Buso Renkin). A year after that 6 new manga became popular and all of them were fun to read (Death Note, Gintama, Steel Ball Run, Reborn, DGM, Muhyo to Roji) .
    3 years have passed and again, bad year for Jump and only "Sket Dance" survived. Year after that, 5 new mangas amazed us (Psyren, Mago, Toriko, Bakuman, Inumaru Dashi)
    So I really hope it will happen again this year

One more thing - I saw that Viz Media released "Hirohiko Araki" manga "Baoh" that was serialized between 1984-1985 in WSJ, but I can't find any proof in Viz site that they translated this series or any way to order it online, I hope someone could help me with that.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Galactic Tomahawk's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm kinda sad with the TOC's leatelly. Mainly because Mago was doing really well usually being in top 5-3 and now it barely stays in the top3 anymore. I wonder why because the kyoto arc has been pretty cool. And these rankings should be from the tsuchigumo part.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rejuvenation's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats right Toriko. Keep on standing on top of Bleach and show it who is the new boss. Bakuman has impressed me too but since I don't see it lasting that much longer its recent reign at the top will be far too short lived.

Medaka could be higher but its actually done a lot better on average this year in comparison to last year so I'm proud of it.

Good riddance Metallica and it looks like SWOT will be following along with it at the end of this calendar year. At this rate 2010 will be an absolute failure.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If the two new series do poorly enough they could protect Oumagadoki and SWOT. Kind of like Psyren surviving because series like Double Arts () and Bari Haken came after and did a little worse.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaymie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Light Wing is destined for failure. I have no clue why WSJ is even attempting another soccer manga.

Enigma, on the other hand, might be this year's "Psyren" - the only series to stand out in a group of failures. It definitely has potential, so we will see.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont think Enigma and Light Wing will do any better then the other new series this year. Enigma has interesting looking character but the thing with the super powers doesnt seem so special too me and Light Wing...pfft come on...it will faill....2010 is really a year of dissapointment and cancelling v_v..Jump hs to change something in their magazine so new series can survive in it and dont get cancelled after 15 chapters...I mean..they must have noticed something themself now, or?...If they dont change something with the voring and ranking then i think that a new series will ony survive when one of the upper ones is finished, like Bleach, Reborn, Bakuman or Psyren...

Thread Closed
Page 166 of 215 FirstFirst ... 66 116 156 164 165 166 167 168 176 ... LastLast