Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 506 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 51 of 215 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Looks like Bleach and Naruto will be around for a long time, or so it seems. I'm not sure any current series could fill those voids, when the time comes but Jump seems like it will manage. They survived the end of DBZ, Slam Dunk and the dark age; with One Piece never ending they should be able to find new hits at their leisure.

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member StrangerAtaru's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten.Sama View Post
    Looks like Bleach and Naruto will be around for a long time, or so it seems. I'm not sure any current series could fill those voids, when the time comes but Jump seems like it will manage. They survived the end of DBZ, Slam Dunk and the dark age; with One Piece never ending they should be able to find new hits at their leisure.
    Bleach I agree with: Kubo has no idea regarding pace and the fans are too stubborn to rebel.

Naruto, can't say I agree: Kishi is approahcing an end-game rather quickly now and while it's probably still another year or so away, it is coming. The villains are dropping like flies and soon there won't be any left.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't trust Kishi either. Plot wise there may only be a year left but he does as much stretching as Kubo. Only he's subtler about it.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StrangerAtaru
    Kishi is approahcing an end-game rather quickly now and while it's probably still another year or so away, it is coming.
    I have to agree here with Kaiten.Sama. It's not about my fanboism here <like "I want Naruto to last long long long xd">, it's just that sth along the lines "it will be 1/2 more years" doesn't affect me anymore; 2/3 years before ppl talked like that, still they are, and no ending after "that one year" or sth, hell, even I for once said 2/3 years and they already passed and there's still no endning.. Kishi, like Kubo, can stretch things out like he can, and Kaiten.Sama nicely said about Kishi: "only he's subtler about it".
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DeidaraGrimmjow's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StrangerAtaru View Post
    Naruto, can't say I agree: Kishi is approahcing an end-game rather quickly now and while it's probably still another year or so away, it is coming. The villains are dropping like flies and soon there won't be any left.
    In an interview I saw, Kishimoto said that there would be three (I think) more members joining the Akatsuki and that they would be stronger than the others. I think the interview might be old, but some of the other things he said are just now coming true so you never know...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rejuvenation's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You can't trust Kishimoto because he has this bad habit of creating plot lines which makes you think they will/need to be resolved then cutting them loose in a rushed fashion. In contrast, he drags other ones out for years on end which really should have been resolved a long ass time ago. The recent thing with Danzou and all his connections is an example of the first while the whole "rescuing Sasuke" thing is an example of the 2nd. To be honest, people that have been following Naruto have been saying it will end in 2-3 years since 2007 back when Hidan and Kakuzu were around. We are in 2010 now so I'm not even going to bother trying to pick a time frame for it anymore.

Also put no hopes in Kubo. He wasted 3-4 years on the Espada only to show just how worthless they really were in the grand scheme of things. With Aizen being the Gary Stu he always has been, all of that was far from necessary. If he can do that, I wouldn't be shocked if he can drag Bleach out long enough to end when One Piece itself does. -____-

As for Jump's future outside of the Big 3, it may or may not be that bad. Toriko and Mago should at least reach the Gintama/Reborn tier and there is no shame in that. While people keep on saying they are looking for "The next big thing" I am far less worried about that for them and any other possible hits at this time. After all, a large amount of people feel that 2 out of 3 of the current "Big things" really suck. On top of that, you even get some people unhappy with One Piece over the past year or so(No, I am not one of them)

So while I think it is important for Jump to groom the next generation, I think it also ends up hurting series when they grow so big that the author is forced to stall the ending or extend the series beyond his intention. For me personally, it has helped to ruin the likes of Naruto(Part 2), Dragonball(Majin Buu for me, others may say anything after Freiza), and Bleach(Anything after Soul Society). Hell, even ES21 which I still considered to be one of the most consistent shounen in recent Jump history suffered by creating that last arc that they arguably didn't need. Or at least wasting time on other fodder teams rather than jumping straight into the Americans.

I think people get my point at least.
    Last edited by Rejuvenation; February 12, 2010 at 05:57 PM.

9. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Negative Syndicate

I have a question. Do other people think Jump will give another chance for the author who was axed three times in a row?

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by muwlove View Post
    I have a question. Do other people think Jump will give another chance for the author who was axed three times in a row?
    There are cases where they have. Obata had three series axed very early on before he finally got a hit with Hikaru no Go so its not unheard of. Though I would think its unlikely that the majority of mangaka get a fourth chance if their first three series fail.

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

Negative Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by Drmke View Post
    There are cases where they have. Obata had three series axed very early on before he finally got a hit with Hikaru no Go so its not unheard of. Though I would think its unlikely that the majority of mangaka get a fourth chance if their first three series fail.
    Actually, Obata was axed four times before Hikaru no Go.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by muwlove View Post
    Actually, Obata was axed four times before Hikaru no Go.
    Ah, you're right. I always forget one. But that shows that there is always a chance for them to come back after multiple failures, but the majority don't normally even come back after two cancellations, least not to Jump.

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A number of Obata's assistants had already had manga published before he had a hit. The only modern analogy I can think of for him is Iwashiro. I guess that makes Tamura his Watsuki

For any one who has not noticed: Mago has it's own forum now!!

You can always thanks using the thank button to thank us instead of posting short one lined comments ^^

Moderator message by: Akiyama
    How many times can you say thanks in a sentence? xDDD
    Last edited by Akiyama; February 13, 2010 at 02:26 PM.

15. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member unok-kun's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to scanlate Lock On!. The oneshot looked quite interesting.

*borrows a translator from another group for it*
    Currently translating Raruto, a Spanish parody of Naruto (getting ready for the last two chapters, to be released in English in October and November). Check it out here!

Also working on another project that you might get to see in January...

17. Thanks 13 Member(s) thanked this post
    Negative Syndicate

Quote Quote:
    49 : ◆EizHb38XPU :2010/02/15(月) 01:38:54 ID:3e4vFUc/0
    小ネタ
    ・彼方out
    ・12ドベ6彼方、めだか、PSY、保健、爆、犬
    ・13Cぬらり、LO  休OP
    Issue 12 Bottom 6:
    Rilienthal
    Bakuman
    Hokenshitsu
    Psyren
    Medaka
    Kanata Seven Change (end)

Issue 13:
    Cover,Lead CP=Kiben Gaku, Yotsuya-senpai no Kaidan
    CP=Nurarihyon no Mago, LOCK ON!
    One Piece is absent.

19. Thanks 16 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ruggia's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

so kanata is the one out huh? thats a surprise. i thought it was going to be someone else. oh well.
    bad week for Psyren and Medaka bottoms out with cushions gone. would have to find another "ane doki" or "neko wappa" :P

Bakuman is yo-yo-ing again. sigh~

so two new series coming out next week? thats a change... seems like WSJ puts more faith on Yotsuya senpai than Lock On.
    never mind. forget that :P

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Kanata Seven Change (end)
    That was to be expected, huh? Still kinda sad D:

How long will it take the editors to realize that Medaka isn't well received?

Thread Closed
Page 51 of 215 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast