Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
Thread Closed
Page 11 of 134 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach Hangout Thread 3.0

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Hangout Thread 3.0

Who ever said there weren't just gods of uncreation (in the manga) as well as creation? If there is a god who can uncreate anything that another god creates then you can see it one of two ways:

1) they are both gods: power to uncreate and power to create

2) neither of them are gods: their is nothing for someone to create if it's constantly being uncreated, there's nothing to uncreate if nothing is being created i.e. nullifying both their abilities.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Orihime can reject anything...at least the potential is there...but she has weak reiatsu, and she had problems with rejecting unreleased ulq's reiatsu from ichigo's body...so her power is great one of the greatest, but the powers potential could only be achieved by monsters like aizen, yama, spirit king etc...so as long she is a human she can't do anything even if her power is evolving...the boundaries of her being human won't let her achieve the peak of her powers

3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats interesting but I think Orihimes power disqualifies her from being put in the human reiatsu category. From what we know, Chad is a human and his reiatsu level is way above average (its just that its applications are wack) but because of his powers his reiatsu is no longer human level. Can the same thing be said about Ichigo?
    However, I dont think Orihime's power is as uber as people are being mislead to believe; its just healing. I feel Aizen was blowing hot air, and Im more inclined to believe Ulqiorra was correct because I notice that when she heals peoples full body, for example their hair doesnt grow back or in this case, reject its being cut prior.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Snake_Cowboy's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    I think Orihime can reject anything...at least the potential is there...but she has weak reiatsu, and she had problems with rejecting unreleased ulq's reiatsu from ichigo's body...so her power is great one of the greatest, but the powers potential could only be achieved by monsters like aizen, yama, spirit king etc...so as long she is a human she can't do anything even if her power is evolving...the boundaries of her being human won't let her achieve the peak of her powers
    Thank you! You managed to phrase precisely what I've been trying to tell people about Orihime's powers.

The ability to reject stuff, in itself, is extremely potent, but Orihime cannot just use it to re-shape the whole universe as she will. Her reiatsu is around that of the average vice-captain, at most, and it hasn't grown much throughout the series. Without it, I don't think she can do something like rejecting Aizen's whole existence, even if she could have a 'clear shot' at him, so to speak.
    "See you, Snake Cowboy..."

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo was still human and he managed to block Rukia's sensing ability in the beginning of the series...Shun Shun Rikka are the manifestation of Orihime's soul, so it's similar to zanpaktou...so she probably ain't human anymore...in terms of entity...but the fact remain...her reiatsu is low, so she cannot hope to reject stuff more powerful the she is...it's proven by her latest actions...she won't be as powerful, like somebody with bankai and centuries old, or a hybrid...her powers are unique,so I think it's safe to say she's human...like quincy are human...
    And it's not just healing...even if Aizen was just saying random things...even ulquiorra said that it's similar to space-time manipulation...luppi said it as well, hacchi noted that her powers are similar to his and he is not a healer...
    I mean he restored Grimmjow's arm, but if U were watching closely, his arm appeared from thin air and it wasn't fast regenration like we saw with ulq...
    So it's not just healing, it's more...and she always sayd "I reject" which might point in the direction Aizen said
    Last edited by benelori; December 08, 2009 at 12:14 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Question for everyone... what is the true strength of Ichigo? Here he is blocking the strength of 1 million soul cutters like it's nothing.

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/151/06/

and he beats the shikai of VCs bare handed a little later. Without even releasing.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Point is, until I see it myself, she cannot turn theory into reality in a creative way. Yeah, she creates a technical new existence by returning an object to a previous state, but if you think you can argue with technicalities then you're just wrong. God's aren't defined by technicalities, they're defined by absolute power.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shola View Post
    Thats interesting but I think Orihimes power disqualifies her from being put in the human reiatsu category. From what we know, Chad is a human and his reiatsu level is way above average (its just that its applications are wack) but because of his powers his reiatsu is no longer human level. Can the same thing be said about Ichigo?
    However, I dont think Orihime's power is as uber as people are being mislead to believe; its just healing. I feel Aizen was blowing hot air, and Im more inclined to believe Ulqiorra was correct because I notice that when she heals peoples full body, for example their hair doesnt grow back or in this case, reject its being cut prior.
    Well, back in SS arc orihime was said to have a reiatsu stronger than that 11th seated officer guide and we know the reaitsu of an 11th seat is many times stronger than that of a human. IMHO orihime right now has the reaitsu of at least a VC.

I still think orihime's power has to be what it is said to be in the manga. If that is not the case then many aspects of the manga make no sense at all. I mean, take a look at this:
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/314/10/

It is not just aizen who knows about the nature of orihime's power. SS understood very well and that is why they forced back the forces they sent to KK and then in desperation attempted to rescue her by sending 4 captains to rescue her. I mean, the entirety of the current plot has been driven by aizen's and SS knowledge of orihime's power.

IMHO by now it should be an unquestionable fact that orihime's powers are exactly what aizen said they were -nothing more, nothing less- (unless someone can provide a link with evidence of the contrary).

Also not sure what you meant about the hair.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

Aizen might just left her because he has already manipulated her somehow. She's probably under on of his hypnosis or somewhat, that's at least what I think.
    Grimmjow but also Ulquiorra stated that Ichigo should not be worried about her physical but the mental health. That's still sth that hasn't been revealed yet.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity DARK's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    If Orihime is unable to reject leftover reiatsu from an unreleased Espada, there's no way she can reject the REAL monsters especially Aizen. If anything, Aizen will get the kill in on Orihime and/or seduce her before she has the chance.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DARK View Post
    If Orihime is unable to reject leftover reiatsu from an unreleased Espada, there's no way she can reject the REAL monsters especially Aizen. If anything, Aizen will get the kill in on Orihime and/or seduce her before she has the chance.
    SHe eventually could heal the reiatsu in ichigo's wounds though.
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/237/08/
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/238/09/

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/277/11/
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/278/22-23/

Orihime can reject the reiatsu, she simply has trouble doing it. It takes her more time. If she absolutely could not do that, then ichigo would have died a number of times already(except for the time ulquiorra cero-e him).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Tibet
    Post Thanks / Like

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 385 Spoiler Discussion

There's a fallacy being trolled about on bleach forums; and that is the issue of "strength". Strength doesn't count for shit in shounen manga, especially in bleach, it all boils down to technique. What hitsugaya said about the 10 vasto lords in relation to SS was utter bullshit.

He doesn't know the abilities of his own goddamn peers much less the ones of the VLs. His statement was just nonsense.

Someone with 1000th seat level reiatsu can clear a whole battlefield with a zanpakuto as hax as tousen or aizens. Don't get sucked up into the notion that because someone says another person is subjectively "stronger" that they have any chance of beating someone whose subjectively stated as being "weaker".

That's why people are always tight at bleach; its because people we are led to believe are strong constantly get whupped by physically weak people; and yet we still fail to recognize the fact that strength/reiatsu level doesn't mean anythuing in bleach, its just used to decieve us so that we will be pleasantly shocked at the conclusion but in actuality we just become disappointed and fed up at the nonsensical matchups/victories

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Tibet
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 385 Spoiler Discussion

Someone with 1000th seat level reiatsu can clear a whole battlefield with a zanpakuto as hax as tousen or aizens.
    Someone with 1000th seat level reiatsu would not have Aizen's ability.

That's why people are always tight at bleach; its because people we are led to believe are strong constantly get whupped by physically weak people; and yet we still fail to recognize the fact that strength/reiatsu level doesn't mean anythuing in bleach, its just used to decieve us so that we will be pleasantly shocked at the conclusion but in actuality we just become disappointed and fed up at the nonsensical matchups/victories
    Unless you have a reiatsu-meter, how do you know whether or not the one with relatively weaker reiatsu won?

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 11 of 134 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast