Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
Thread Closed
Page 126 of 134 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 128 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 2003

Thread: Bleach Hangout Thread 3.0

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jackk's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Hangout Thread 3.0

So when is the new Bleach tournament going to start?

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jackk View Post
    So when is the new Bleach tournament going to start?
    We're working on it, hopefully pretty soon.

---------- Post added May 05, 2013 at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was April 26, 2013 at 02:10 AM ----------

Bleach tournament has started, click here to go to the tournament forum.

Have fun.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

C'mon guys! go and vote the winners! why is the tournament without comments??? look at naruto and op tournaments: people debate there!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

What I don't quite get so far is what exactly happened to masaki's soul. Was it actually eaten by grand fisher? It would be a bit of a dark twist but perhaps it would make sense considering urahara did not bring back her soul from SS. I would think he would have the means to actually retrieve her soul at least. On the other hand perhaps it was mayuri who actually got to her? It would fit the timeline to some extent considering the souken but came quite a bit after. It would make more sense GF ate her though.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm actually doing a re-read of the whole story to A. get re-aqcuatinted with the story and B. spot any foreshadowing for recent and future developments and I read that part earlier tonight. It would appear that GF ate Masaki's soul that night, but you never know. It's strange as he also didn't eat Ichigo's soul either.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Just had a thought. We know how souken died so far but I wonder if there is more to it. We know he was an old man but isn't it weird that he died fighting a couple of hollows in the human world? Generally shinigami are quite fast to react to hollows, specially powerful ones (there are exceptions however even with those it seems like there are third parties influencing them). We know mayuri paid the shinigami to not help souken however even in that scenario what are the odds of a hollow powerful enough to kill a quincy with decades of experience to get infiltrated into the human world? Wouldn't such a hollow be too powerful for SS to ignore? Souken was potentially a captain level quincy so even in an old stage him not being able to deal with a normal hollow would be a tad weird, specially if he had the whole "lonely old hobo living in the woods killing hollows" things going on.

What if souken suffered the same fate as masaki? He was an advocate of quincy fighting alongside shinigami so he would have been very annoying for juhabach. I think the time in which juhabach took his powers would have simply matched the time mayuri paid shinigami to not go kill hollows. It would be a nice setup for ishida to blame juhabach for what happened to souken. I guess juhabach would not have actually killed souken even in that scenario but even then it is a nice twist.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Just had a thought. We know how souken died so far but I wonder if there is more to it. We know he was an old man but isn't it weird that he died fighting a couple of hollows in the human world? Generally shinigami are quite fast to react to hollows, specially powerful ones (there are exceptions however even with those it seems like there are third parties influencing them). We know mayuri paid the shinigami to not help souken however even in that scenario what are the odds of a hollow powerful enough to kill a quincy with decades of experience to get infiltrated into the human world? Wouldn't such a hollow be too powerful for SS to ignore? Souken was potentially a captain level quincy so even in an old stage him not being able to deal with a normal hollow would be a tad weird, specially if he had the whole "lonely old hobo living in the woods killing hollows" things going on.

What if souken suffered the same fate as masaki? He was an advocate of quincy fighting alongside shinigami so he would have been very annoying for juhabach. I think the time in which juhabach took his powers would have simply matched the time mayuri paid shinigami to not go kill hollows. It would be a nice setup for ishida to blame juhabach for what happened to souken. I guess juhabach would not have actually killed souken even in that scenario but even then it is a nice twist.
    Unlikely. Mayuri admitted to have experimented on Souken, how would he have been able to do that if Souken was powerless?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

im actually becoming a fan of juha bach

not sure why but i seem to be liking him alot lately, more so than any other villain thus far in bleach

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Soken lost his powers, maybe Letz Steil. I also like kkck's idea about Bach absorbing his power like Masaki.

Also we dont know why Ryuken turned his back on Quincyhood, "No money in it!"..harsh. Maybe an incident with Souken is the source of that bitterness.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

^Or maybe it has something to do with the father of all quincy taking her wife's power thus resulting in her death. Masaki died because she was unlucky in the end, ryuken's wife died BECAUSE juhabach took her powers. Being a quincy is not a real life skill and on top of that it cost her the girl she loved at some point (masaki) and his wife eventually. On top of that being a quincy is probably why soken was not around during the flashback at large. I don't think it is that weird ryuken would want to quit on being a quincy. The whole thing serves no purpose whatsoever, has brought him no joy and it has at large cost him his family. It only makes sense he would want to keep uryu away from harm and have him learn things which are actually useful. Even a liberal arts major has more applications than being a quincy at this stage.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

What I don't quite get so far is what exactly happened to masaki's soul. Was it actually eaten by grand fisher? It would be a bit of a dark twist but perhaps it would make sense considering urahara did not bring back her soul from SS. I would think he would have the means to actually retrieve her soul at least. On the other hand perhaps it was mayuri who actually got to her? It would fit the timeline to some extent considering the souken but came quite a bit after. It would make more sense GF ate her though.
    Hmm this is quite interesting, but wouldnt eating such a powerful soul in turn make Grand fisher very powerful? I mean, Isshin himself said the difference was too big and Masaki should have had an easy time with it.

If Mayuri got to it and did something twisted, i dont see how the Shiba clan or Isshin would react to that, Its quite weird that it hasnt been mentioned however, nice observation.

^Or maybe it has something to do with the father of all quincy taking her wife's power thus resulting in her death. Masaki died because she was unlucky in the end, ryuken's wife died BECAUSE juhabach took her powers. Being a quincy is not a real life skill and on top of that it cost her the girl she loved at some point (masaki) and his wife eventually. On top of that being a quincy is probably why soken was not around during the flashback at large. I don't think it is that weird ryuken would want to quit on being a quincy. The whole thing serves no purpose whatsoever, has brought him no joy and it has at large cost him his family. It only makes sense he would want to keep uryu away from harm and have him learn things which are actually useful. Even a liberal arts major has more applications than being a quincy at this stage.
    I really do feel for Ryuuken, its interesting to see what he will do in the "Holy War". I know that Urahara, Yoroichi and Isshin dont necessarily consider themselves part of SS (Urahara simply wanting Balance in the shape of the Soul Kings survival), maybe he is also part of theyre group?

It would be sad if he simply just sat on the sidelines during this war. Id love to see an exchange between Isshin and Him when fighting against someone lol
    Last edited by jaymizzo; June 18, 2013 at 03:21 PM.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, if masaki had her powers taken by juhabach then her soul would theoretically be powerless. That is why she got killed by a lowly hollow in the first place.

Ryuken is unlikely to sit on the sidelines. In spite of how the manga has presented him soken did imply ryuken loves uryu and wants the best for him. Overall he should at least want to smack common sense into his dumbass son that wants to play superhero or get revenge over juhabach. Even better, he might want a piece of juhabach himself for what happened to katagiri. Then again it is entirely possible we have no way to predict their motivations just yet.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SoulAuron's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

well, a quincy can try to take over SS, an arts major cant do that XP but seriously i think all that aplies, but i believe maybe there is soething more to that, maybe he was not being completly sincere with uryuu in the whole hating quincy thing, he did restore uryuus powers and retain his enourmous power as a quincy, just saying maybe there was more ot it.
    heres what i think is the explanation to BB having multiple DF:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...t=#post3373390

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

So guys and girls, we all remember the statement Ryuken made about him being the Last Quincy. But if he knew about the VR and Ywach why was this said and why in the tone he did. It was as if he was saying he was the true last quincy and there were none other then him. What are your thoughts on this?
    Spoiler show

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Starrked's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by devstauk View Post
    So guys and girls, we all remember the statement Ryuken made about him being the Last Quincy. But if he knew about the VR and Ywach why was this said and why in the tone he did. It was as if he was saying he was the true last quincy and there were none other then him. What are your thoughts on this?
    I've definitely been thinking of things similar to this. I've even gone as far to start discussing it in the latest chapter thread. Basically my ideas are this: these new, modern quincy (the Stern Ritter) are vulgarities of what quincy are. Now that I've had time to think, the best way I can put it would be to compare them to the vizards; not that the stern ritter and the vizards the exact same in every manner, but that they have taken on more than one race of abilities. Vizards have shinigami and hollow powers, and I feel that the stern ritter have somewhat evolved in a way that sort of mimics certain hollow abilities. For example their vollständig could be compared to an arrancar's resurreccion in some ways.

However, to clear things up with Ryuken and what he means by him being the last true quincy, I would have to say it's because of the way he is a quincy. Although, he doesn't often display his powers, Ryuken has been shown to stick to the traditional quincy practices. He still uses his holy bow and arrow; the same can be said for Uryuu, who has been very persistent on the way a quincy fights. According to Uryuu, a quincy uses bows and arrows. He's said this a many of times and if it's anything that I've learned throughout all my years in literature class, repetition is no coincidence.

We've been given a new look at a different, evolved quincy race that fights with more than just their holy arrows. They've gone as far as stealing bankais and are then able to use that bankai's powers. The stern ritter have taken on more than just that hollow-like abilities, but are now able to utilize shinigami abilities in the sense that they can use stolen bankais. And by viewing them from the perspective of Ryuken, who sticks to the traditional quincy ways, it's easy to see why he would consider himself the last true quincy (clearly excluding Uryuu in the mix because of reasons but yeah).
    Grimmjow and Uryuu are the other two special war powers.

Thread Closed
Page 126 of 134 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 128 ... LastLast