Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Thread Closed
Page 128 of 134 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 126 127 128 129 130 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2003

Thread: Bleach Hangout Thread 3.0

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Hangout Thread 3.0

Well, captain-class is tricky IMO. Captain-class is someone who is clearly stronger than VC. VC-level is someone who is clearly stronger than 3rd seat etc. We know, that those who are VC are considered monsters, and captains are monster among monsters. There is a HUGE gap between 3rd seat and VC (Let's leave Ikkaku and co. and whole Kenpachi's squad), just as there is huge gap between VC and captain. That's why we tend to call "captain-class" everyone who is clearly stronger than VC. But even in captain-class we have "tiers" that most of us recognizes. Komamura and Mayuri being in a tier of their own, then normal captains such as Soifon, Byakuya for some, then "senior captain-class", that is Unohana, Kyoraku and Ukitake. But we still have problems with Vaizards. IMO, Shinji without mask is senior-captain level, with mask he is one of the strongest people out there. His ability is mind-fucking and Hollow side gives him boost in power that Zanpakuto doesn't. The rest of Vaizards are above normal captains, but still not as strong as senior-class. Then we have Kenpachi, who is senior-class already IMO. So in only captain class we'd have few tiers.

Tier 1- Yamaji
    Tier 2- Senior captains (Ukitake, Kyoraku, Unohana), Masked Shinji (bankai yet to be shown) and Kenpachi
    Tier 3- Rest of Vaizards captains
    Tier 4- Normal captains (Soifon, Hitsugaya, Byakuya [aaaah! Fanboy rage! Soul Palace! Beating Zommari! Unknown potential! Ignore being beaten like shit, As Nodt must have been the strongest and his ability is hax! Rest of captains had weaker opponents! blah blah blah]
    Tier 5- Komamura, Mayuri

PS. Only difference between Tier 3 and Tier 4 is MASK. Without masks Tier 3 is as strong as Tier 4 IMO.

So I think, that captain-class is someone much stronger than VC. That's all. I can say Yamaji and Komamura are captain class. But it doesn't make them justice. So even if we have to say about someone strength-level, we'd have to use other terms. That's why some people use "senior captain class" (someone stronger than average captain, someone that is clearly stronger than VC and clearly stronger than some captains) and "Komamura tier" (someone, who is captain-level, but is weaker than other captain-levels. I guess we could put Renji and Ikkaku there. Soon Kira and Hisagi, as they were said to get Bankai in this arc)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneInParticular View Post
    I'm certain there are stronger and weaker Captains, but I don't think any one would just be able to oneshot another, with the exception of Yama, current Zaraki and maybe Unohana. I'm not so sure about Unohana; she made short work of Zaraki several times, but I think that's because his only skill is swordfighting, and that's the skill she's the master of. She exceeded him in the one area he was actually any good at. I don't think she'd have had such an easy time against anyone else.
    Unohana was a Kenpachi and the 1st one at that, in no way shape or form was she not capable of fodderizing everyone in the Gotei 13 on a one on one battle, her skill with a Sword plus her healing abilities make her an impossible foe, for starters we already know that Zaraki was capable of taking on two captains with relative ease, thats with his eye patch only taking 10% of his power, he then later unlocks more shackles against Nniortia(w/e his name was) and wipes the floor with him. 2 years pass and he adds another 10% to an Eye-patch which now takes it to 20%. Then the Unohana fight he gets owned and i mean literally had his arse handed to him more then once, for like 3-4 chapters he was killed and brought back. That not only tells us that Unohana is a beast but she was a demon that had the full capabilities to kill anyone that had the unfortunate position to fight her. Even if she was the healer of the Gotei 13 her skills never diminished.
    Spoiler show

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i am re-watching the anime as we speak

im on episode 48

long live the SS arc, still possibly the best arc of any shounen anime ever

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by devstauk View Post
    Unohana was a Kenpachi and the 1st one at that, in no way shape or form was she not capable of fodderizing everyone in the Gotei 13 on a one on one battle, her skill with a Sword plus her healing abilities make her an impossible foe, for starters we already know that Zaraki was capable of taking on two captains with relative ease, thats with his eye patch only taking 10% of his power, he then later unlocks more shackles against Nniortia(w/e his name was) and wipes the floor with him. 2 years pass and he adds another 10% to an Eye-patch which now takes it to 20%. Then the Unohana fight he gets owned and i mean literally had his arse handed to him more then once, for like 3-4 chapters he was killed and brought back. That not only tells us that Unohana is a beast but she was a demon that had the full capabilities to kill anyone that had the unfortunate position to fight her. Even if she was the healer of the Gotei 13 her skills never diminished.
    i do believe soi fon's strange but retardedly powerful bankai could one shot some people

but only if they werent paying attention as it would take a fool to take that thing head on

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Starrked's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by devstauk View Post
    Exactly. I'm just going to reinforce what you've said by saying that Unohana wasn't just a master swordsman, she was the master swordsman. She mastered each and every single kendo technique and slaughtered people. Unohana was the killing machine in her day and the only reason she stepped down as Kenpachi was because she saw what potential lay dorment in the child that was Zaraki. She, just like Zaraki, found herself bored with the opponents she faced because they barely stood a chance. Her own zanpaktou heals people; that in itself is a handicap placed in Unohana's own abilities and even then she was still stupidly powerful. She mopped the floor with Zaraki. Unohana is definitely one of those people who could kill off an opponent with a one-shot move.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    i do believe soi fon's strange but retardedly powerful bankai could one shot some people

but only if they werent paying attention as it would take a fool to take that thing head on

Word, dawg. Soi Fon's bankai is ridiculous; she goes from a bee-stinger to a rocket launcher.
    Burn to ashes, then rise again.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yea ill never forget when she whipped that mofo out agains barragan

i thought how completely random yet totally awesome it was

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/539/9

Anyone else think for her to be considered someone to win in the upcoming war, soi fon needs to have her bankai balanced on her feet as she does the one hand standing push up.
    Spoiler show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well i have always been a fan of soifon

i always loved her attitude andher loyalty

but most of all the image of yoirichi x soi fon yuri that wont leave my mind

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Soi Fon is really one of my favorites too. I think it's just because I enjoy and appreciate taijutsu characters and Soi Fon is the captain of a squad specialized in it. She's loyal, she's tough, and she's constantly trying to improve herself. I hope she does some awesome fighting during the war. It'd be a real shame to see her die or beaten to a pulp.

---------- Post added July 07, 2013 at 01:46 AM ---------- Previous post was July 06, 2013 at 04:29 PM ----------

Since we're on the topics of favorites and captains, can I just say how disheartened I am to see Unohana no longer in the game? I mean, she's been hyped up all these years as this fearsome warrior and then we finally see her display her mastered skills just to have her develop someone else as she let's herself die. We didn't even get an explanation as to what her bankai's abilities was. She was one of my favorite gems in this manga and now I feel she's totally been underdeveloped.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

In some ways Unohana's 'Death' (im putting it in quotes as it isn't confirmed yet plus i hope shes not) was inevitable, Yama was the only other shinigami from 1000 years ago and he's dead, i dunnp if kubo has set up the death's of all the older captains that was around at the time of the 1st attack from Ywach, for a reason but i'd like to think its for the captains of today to show exactly why shinigami should be the soul protectors of the realms. But i hope Unohana isn't dead an Kubo is just sort of toying with us. Hopefully she just goes back to her healing duties and stays out of battle, but we get to see more of a flash back of what she was like as part of the group of killing machines or better yet kubo eventually makes a spin off series to show case the older generation of the bleach verse
    Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Starrked View Post
    Exactly. I'm just going to reinforce what you've said by saying that Unohana wasn't just a master swordsman, she was the master swordsman. She mastered each and every single kendo technique and slaughtered people. Unohana was the killing machine in her day and the only reason she stepped down as Kenpachi was because she saw what potential lay dorment in the child that was Zaraki. She, just like Zaraki, found herself bored with the opponents she faced because they barely stood a chance. Her own zanpaktou heals people; that in itself is a handicap placed in Unohana's own abilities and even then she was still stupidly powerful. She mopped the floor with Zaraki. Unohana is definitely one of those people who could kill off an opponent with a one-shot move.

Word, dawg. Soi Fon's bankai is ridiculous; she goes from a bee-stinger to a rocket launcher.

Soi Fon's Bankai should've been something more of the lines of transformation. Bee wings or something should've popped up from her back and maybe her shunpo increases and still retains the one shot aspect. The rocket launcher idea, I agree, was ridiculous and lazy on Kubo's part.

Also, makes you wonder what, Yoruichi's Bankai is.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FetherMan View Post
    Also, makes you wonder what, Yoruichi's Bankai is.
    Not even that, what about her Shikai? She's stronger or as strong as most of the captains and she never even uses her weapon.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

15. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jimtors's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys, when are we having another Bleach Fan League 3???? I miss playing that game so bad.. never became the champion but i really had fun... I wish we can have it again.. Miyagi-san!!! where are you>>>>>>??????

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    ~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

We have a Bleach tournament going on at the moment which has our full attention. I'm the sole organizer of the fan league and can only arrange another one when my schedule allows me to which doesn't happen often nowadays. Moreover, I had plans to change the format of the FL but I'm not quite sure when it'll be complete if ever because it's too much work and too little time.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jimtors's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh.. Miyagi-san, if ever you organize things like that please let me know and i will support the program as much as possible.. ^__^

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    Not even that, what about her Shikai? She's stronger or as strong as most of the captains and she never even uses her weapon.
    Yes! This, this so much. Why would I even bother to wonder what her bankai is when I don't even know about her shikai? Chick's got skills out the yin yang and doesn't even use her zanpaktou--and you know she has a zanpaktou because

1. She's a shinigami
    2. She's was a captain in the Gotei 13

Bleach has so much potential and play because so many of its characters can be explored and be shown to have depth. Kubo really lucked out when he wrote this manga; he need only figure out a way to implement the characters' stories into the plot to continue the story itself.

Thread Closed
Page 128 of 134 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 126 127 128 129 130 ... LastLast