Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
Thread Closed
Page 5 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach Hangout Thread 3.0

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hyn_pride93's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Hangout Thread 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Blitz
    that also reminds me, Aizen didn't create Stark either, he sought Stark out in HM. I don't really get this whole artificial>natural thing myself, but I think that theres a catch to Hougyokou's power
    The artificial arrancar stronger than most because their "limits" are broken down. (thanks the hougyoku) Starrk was already a powerhouse and Aizen probably didn't use the hougyoku on Starrk because all Starrk wanted was to be around others.

~ Flames of Aries ~

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I would think the second stage of ulquiorra's sword release is a power gained from his shinigami side rather than his hollow one. An arrancar's zampakuto release is after all a power obtained from their shinigami side. The hollow side of an arrancar plays a side in the form and nature of the power obtained but the release itself should come from the shinigami side.

Technically speaking an arrancar is not a hollow. An arrancar is an hybrid; a crossover between shinigami and hollow powers. In other words, an arrancar is as much as a hollow as a vizard is a shinigami. I would not call an arrancar a hollow nor a vizard a shinigami.
    Exactly...the hollows evolution as a hollow(menos->...->VL) is over when the mask is broken or damaged(see Shawlong)...
    Arrancars are hollow without the whole mask, so they can be included in this category...however, arrancar have shinigami-like powers, so as long as their hollow-like evolution is over, they can evolve in the direction of their shinigami powers...Nnoitra changing his zanpaktou is clearly not related to the hollow term, becuz the word zanpaktou is there and Ulquiorra's Segunda Etapa smells like bankai...
    I think Hougyoku's functions need to be told, but what I'm interested in if the use of Hougyoku in generating arrancar has errors or not...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    Exactly...the hollows evolution as a hollow(menos->...->VL) is over when the mask is broken or damaged(see Shawlong)...
    Arrancars are hollow without the whole mask, so they can be included in this category...however, arrancar have shinigami-like powers, so as long as their hollow-like evolution is over, they can evolve in the direction of their shinigami powers...Nnoitra changing his zanpaktou is clearly not related to the hollow term, becuz the word zanpaktou is there and Ulquiorra's Segunda Etapa smells like bankai...
    I think Hougyoku's functions need to be told, but what I'm interested in if the use of Hougyoku in generating arrancar has errors or not...
    Correct. Shawlong stated that after Grimmjow has bitten off D-Roy's mask he could no longer evolve into a higher menos type. Arrancar do destroy they're mask theirselves or later with the help of the orb (Wonderweiss) which appearantly make them stronger, but stop their Hollow evolution, either way.

That is why Grimmjow and the others cannot evolve into a Vastrolord anymore
    Hope the topic is finally closed v.v

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Snake_Cowboy's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

^Actually, about D-Roy. The way I saw it, D-Roy couldn't evolve anymore, because Grimmjow had eaten a part of him, which stopped his evolution. Just like when Shawlong and the others offered Grimmjow to eat part of their bodies later on, because it would stop their evolution and made sure they wouldn't degenerate back into Guilian.

Not saying your theory is wrong: it makes sense that an Arrancar can no longer evolve the same way as Menos Grandes normally do. Just pointing out that it doesn't matter which part of D-Roy's body Grimmjow had eaten; it would've stopped his evolution regardless, whether his mask was damaged or not.
    "See you, Snake Cowboy..."

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Evil3ye View Post
    That is why Grimmjow and the others cannot evolve into a Vastrolord anymore
    Hope the topic is finally closed v.v
    grimmjow was never gonna become a vasto lorde anyway, hes plenty strong now to fight a couple times later on, once to win and once to lose.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted toussaintac's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 383 Discussion/384 Predictions

I still don't understand why Mashiro lost her mask when it's said she could hold it for almost a day. Wahtevs. SMH
    "We hunt you down without mercy; Hunt you down all nightmare long."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mr.danly's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by toussaintac View Post
    I still don't understand why Mashiro lost her mask when it's said she could hold it for almost a day. Wahtevs. SMH
    well other than the epic kubo-plot-weapon that destroyed her, it seems that there's a difference in the time limit when you're just chillin' with your mask on, as compared to when you're fighting, doing ceros, etc.
    Currently Following/Completed: One Piece, DGM, HxH, Naruto, Deadman Wonderland, Air Gear, Psyren, Fairy Tail, Bleach.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted toussaintac's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mr.danly View Post
    well other than the epic kubo-plot-weapon that destroyed her, it seems that there's a difference in the time limit when you're just chillin' with your mask on, as compared to when you're fighting, doing ceros, etc.
    Except she was doing kicks the whole time.

Also, Ichigo's never just broke like that in midfight. He can go from 11 seconds to never losing it again, but Mashiro goes from a day to 2 minutes...SMH
    Last edited by toussaintac; November 30, 2009 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "We hunt you down without mercy; Hunt you down all nightmare long."

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

it broke mid-fight during his second match with Grimm

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity DARK's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by toussaintac View Post
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/376/10/
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/376/16/
    Mashiro suddenly losing her mask is obviously Kubo's way of getting rid of her for the time being. Plot devices such as "being able to hold [her] mask for 15 hours" are absolutely meaningless against Kubo. He does hold the final judgment in the plot/battles of this manga.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DARK View Post
    Mashiro suddenly losing her mask is obviously Kubo's way of getting rid of her for the time being. Plot devices such as "being able to hold [her] mask for 15 hours" are absolutely meaningless against Kubo. He does hold the final judgment in the plot/battles of this manga.
    i like that mashiros mask broke despite the 15 hours. clearly its a case of power usage like kensei said, im sure that holding of wonderwiess, the prime canidite for being a vastro lorde, takes a signigicant amount of power whether mashiro knew it or not. its like a motor using more gas when its accelerating.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conn-man View Post
    i like that mashiros mask broke despite the 15 hours. clearly its a case of power usage like kensei said, im sure that holding of wonderwiess, the prime canidite for being a vastro lorde, takes a signigicant amount of power whether mashiro knew it or not. its like a motor using more gas when its accelerating.
    Kensei tells Mashiro that "fighting this level of an opponent will quickly exhaust her." Considering how Mashiro can hold the mask for up to 15 hours in normal standards (knowing she'll be on the battlefield with other powerful opponents), that says a lot about the level of WW's abilities.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner akakagi's Avatar
    Country
    Zimbabwe
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DARK View Post
    Kensei tells Mashiro that "fighting this level of an opponent will quickly exhaust her." Considering how Mashiro can hold the mask for up to 15 hours in normal standards (knowing she'll be on the battlefield with other powerful opponents), that says a lot about the level of WW's abilities.
    '
    Not really. A diver might be able to hold his breath for 4 minutes, but when he gets into a boxing ring he might be out off breath in 30 secs. I have been fighting since I was six and most of my wins where because I learnt how to breathe correctly. Ichigo has been putting on his mask and fightin to the death more than the vizards. Am I reaching?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by akakagi View Post
    '
    Not really. A diver might be able to hold his breath for 4 minutes, but when he gets into a boxing ring he might be out off breath in 30 secs. I have been fighting since I was six and most of my wins where because I learnt how to breathe correctly. Ichigo has been putting on his mask and fightin to the death more than the vizards. Am I reaching?
    I don't understand how this has to do with my comment.

Now back on topic with the actual spoilers. If Tosen really does have a Vizard mask, he SHOULD at least be able to maintain it for a very long time. I mean, he is more important than Mashiro so despite the latter being able to wear hers for a good 15 hours, he will be shown to retain it longer than she can. Same goes with Ichigo; he only held it for 11 seconds but then his mask limit was extended because the plot required him to do so. This will probably be the case with Tosen.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Truefan21's Avatar
    Looking over Sasuke's gravestone with joy
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

can anyone show me where can i find kubo's interviews
    For those who thank forums are for praise and worship think again http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=157

Thread Closed
Page 5 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast