Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
Thread Closed
Page 69 of 134 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 119 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 2003

Thread: Bleach Hangout Thread 3.0

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Hangout Thread 3.0

Just saw the ending. Gotta love yoruichi with a fro -I stand by my belief she is latina though-.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member The Noobslayer's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownQuincy View Post
    Watching that ending again, there is some really funny stuff in there... is that 2 of Nanao-chan on Kyuorouku's arms.... they have the same body type and glasses? That's not fair ! And Jyushiro is drunken in the background... really funny. I think Hanatoro takes the cake, yes, he even managed to look extremely embarrassed, yet there he is still.

I liked Chad punching out Espada 7 Zommari PumpkinRelease Leroux.
    Nah, one is Nanao the other is Lisa.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kyoraku and his pimpness, he's a beast! Juushiro all drunk, guess he had too much sake, but Shunsui can hold his liquor! And on top of that, anyone else notice Nel with Hyori at around 35 seconds?

Country
    Tibet
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crescent's Torment View Post
    Are you conflating the end of this arc with the demise of Aizen (just because an arc ends does not mean the villain in the arc also ends), or do you actually have some citation that has Kubo stating that Aizen is not the "last villain"? If so, I'd like to see it.
    In an interview Kubo said "There is no ending for Bleach at the moment." At the time of this interview FKT arc had already started, so Kubo must have made up his mind about whether Aizen is the final villain or not.

Aizen will most probably get defeated in the arc after the mini-arc. If Bleach ends after Aizen's death, it means Bleach will end before One Piece and Naruto despite being the youngest of them. (Bleach is 2 years younger than Naruto and 4 years younger than One Piece.) I don't think Kubo will stop drawing a successful manga for no reason and this is what he said: "No ending for Bleach"

So Bleach will definitely continue after Aizen died. I don't know why anybody would want Bleach to end: A manga can end at any moment for someone, he/she just stops reading it but there may be others who want other realms (like the hell realm) to be explored.

Everything aside, common sense says Aizen is not the final villain. People should realize that Kubo is very conservative in revealing bankais. If the next arc is about RD (Kubo never said it's about RD, we assume it), we will have new captains with new shikai/bankais. We can't possibly have 15-20 new bankais in one arc, can we? Kubo is apparently saving these bankais for later story arcs against new antagonists.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gran Maestro View Post
    In an interview Kubo said "There is no ending for Bleach at the moment." At the time of this interview FKT arc had already started, so Kubo must have made up his mind about whether Aizen is the final villain or not.

Aizen will most probably get defeated in the arc after the mini-arc. If Bleach ends after Aizen's death, it means Bleach will end before One Piece and Naruto despite being the youngest of them. (Bleach is 2 years younger than Naruto and 4 years younger than One Piece.) I don't think Kubo will stop drawing a successful manga for no reason and this is what he said: "No ending for Bleach"

So Bleach will definitely continue after Aizen died. I don't know why anybody would want Bleach to end: A manga can end at any moment for someone, he/she just stops reading it but there may be others who want other realms (like the hell realm) to be explored.

Everything aside, common sense says Aizen is not the final villain. People should realize that Kubo is very conservative in revealing bankais. If the next arc is about RD (Kubo never said it's about RD, we assume it), we will have new captains with new shikai/bankais. We can't possibly have 15-20 new bankais in one arc, can we? Kubo is apparently saving these bankais for later story arcs against new antagonists.
    i thort there was interview that said there gona be a mini-arc (isshin arc prob) then the final arc or kubo changed his mind...i agree dont want it to end but if kubo keeps doing draggy arrancar arcs where it keeps going and going then it could get stale to me .
    i want a new villan after aizens iam god i know everything act he getting bit dull. woundt mind bleach showing more of the hell realm is there a hell version of the gotei 13 that be like wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member UnknownQuincy's Avatar
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

Curse me for forgetting about Lisa, now I feel ashamed ! I guess Kubo really adds so many characters tho... it was bound to happen sometime. I saw a list of the the espada and all the Fraccion and it was pretty impressive just layed out on the page.
    I have no interest, and you have no skill...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member clodhopper's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

No, it's Nanao on one side and Risa-chan on the other side.

Spoiler show
    Last edited by clodhopper; April 20, 2010 at 08:05 AM. Reason: screenshot + names

Country
    Tibet
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hyst-gundam View Post
    i thort there was interview that said there gona be a mini-arc (isshin arc prob) then the final arc or kubo changed his mind...i agree dont want it to end but if kubo keeps doing draggy arrancar arcs where it keeps going and going then it could get stale to me .
    i want a new villan after aizens iam god i know everything act he getting bit dull. woundt mind bleach showing more of the hell realm is there a hell version of the gotei 13 that be like wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    Kubo said "Arrancar arc to end by next mid-year. A short arc will follow. After that, a new arc will begin." We don't know whether this new arc will be the final arc of Bleach, I think/hope not.

I agree that the arrancar arc (mostly HM arc, to be specific) moved very slowly, Kubo realized it at one point and removed Forest of Menos from the main storyline to speed up the pace. Hopefully the new arcs will be more interesting than the HM arc, Isshin will have a bigger role and this is always a plus.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Green Grin Re: Bleach Hangout Thread 3.0

Kubo said "Arrancar arc to end by next mid-year. A short arc will follow. After that, a new arc will begin." We don't know whether this new arc will be the final arc of Bleach, I think/hope not.

I agree that the arrancar arc (mostly HM arc, to be specific) moved very slowly, Kubo realized it at one point and removed Forest of Menos from the main storyline to speed up the pace. Hopefully the new arcs will be more interesting than the HM arc, Isshin will have a bigger role and this is always a plus.
    forogt it been going for 4 years this arc could have been done in 3 max. it depends how long this new arc gona be if it a 4 year arc i could see kubo starting something new then maybe starting bleach again later maybe a older ichigo or something

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I always liked the idea Kubo was going to reveal everyone's bankai at the final battle...sort of like the last moments of a fireworks display. As far your explanation of the interview, I think one line about Bleach not ending is not a very good indication of whether or not Aizen will be the final villain, though I think it does provide support to the idea that Aizen won't be the only villain (King of Soul Society, anyone? That crazy demon guy behind the door of Hell, perhaps?). Inuyasha, for instance,had one main villain until the end and would have been far more interesting if they had a rival of some kind to Naraku. I'd like to see that in Bleach (of course, just so long as Aizen wins in the end ). Anyway, I think there are quite a bit of directions Bleach can go, but I don't think this interview indicates Aizen won't be the last vaillain (hell, I'd wager Aizen will just fake his death again and pop up ten arcs later going "...lulz...*destroys the universe and reforms it in his image*".

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually Naraku did have 2 rivals. One was Hakudoushi. That little twat, steered by Naraku, thought to take over and keep his life. Naraku admitted that he knew Hakudoushi would do as much and steered him in the direction needed to attain defenses. Naraku took a huge gamble in this. While he owned the heart of all his creations he could have been swallowed by this one and lost all that he was going for/attained.

Secondly, but not in this order because I was going for effect here, was Sesshomaru. Naraku envied the pureness of him and achieved a certain level of comparable power with use of the Shikon shards, his intellect and Sesshomaru's own predujices against anyone less than himself.

These were Naraku's rivals, in my opinion. This is all to say that one could easily argue that while any one character from Bleach has rivals, it appears that Aizen does not. There isn't anyone to which he can lose, currently, nor anyone that would be considered equal footing. Sure we could argue that without KS he's on equal footing with Yamamoto, but he DOES have KS so he wins there. Anytime someone comes out with new power, skills, strength, techniques we see that Aizen has already one-upped them. It's what makes him a bland character, in my opinion. Naraku wasn't so one-sidedly bland. He took damage and retreated. He showed fear at the growth of others where Aizen just claims to have steered things in that direction and then beats them anyways.

To summarise; Aizen has no rivals due to blandness of his character and Naraku had at least two which made him less bland.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clodhopper View Post
    Actually Naraku did have 2 rivals. One was Hakudoushi. That little twat, steered by Naraku, thought to take over and keep his life. Naraku admitted that he knew Hakudoushi would do as much and steered him in the direction needed to attain defenses. Naraku took a huge gamble in this. While he owned the heart of all his creations he could have been swallowed by this one and lost all that he was going for/attained.

Secondly, but not in this order because I was going for effect here, was Sesshomaru. Naraku envied the pureness of him and achieved a certain level of comparable power with use of the Shikon shards, his intellect and Sesshomaru's own predujices against anyone less than himself.

These were Naraku's rivals, in my opinion. This is all to say that one could easily argue that while any one character from Bleach has rivals, it appears that Aizen does not. There isn't anyone to which he can lose, currently, nor anyone that would be considered equal footing. Sure we could argue that without KS he's on equal footing with Yamamoto, but he DOES have KS so he wins there. Anytime someone comes out with new power, skills, strength, techniques we see that Aizen has already one-upped them. It's what makes him a bland character, in my opinion. Naraku wasn't so one-sidedly bland. He took damage and retreated. He showed fear at the growth of others where Aizen just claims to have steered things in that direction and then beats them anyways.

To summarise; Aizen has no rivals due to blandness of his character and Naraku had at least two which made him less bland.
    The same thing you praise Naraku for (being hit, retreating then coming back strong/taking away his opponent's advantages) I thought made him into a far weaker antagonist and less impressive antagonist. Naraku has a very lame backstory to me, but Aizen is mysterious. Aizen is a far more competent antagonist than Naraku, though he was constantly being forced into retreat. As far as rivals, I don't think they Hakudoshi could be considered a rival since I don't think Naraku was ever taken by surprise by anything he did (it's been a while since I read the manga, so I could be wrong). Aizen is shown to be far more competent.

The trouble with this, I think, is this. Aizen should not be looked on as a character, but an attitude. He is grade A, concentrated better than you, which I think is an awesome thing to have in a villain (bad thing to have in an antihero). Naraku's backstory was trying to make him into a villain/antihero (antihero being towards the end arguably), which was lame. Sesshomaru should have died, as he never really showed much in the way of intelligence/power (not to mention his power levels seemed to shown inconsistently). Naraku was a cyclical, incompetent villain; Aizen is a cyclical (hopefully), competent (again hopefully) one. The latter is a very useful trait to have in villains, even though it's predictable...but it's usually awesomely predictable. Naraku was predictable, but it was still lame.

So, I think treating Aizen as a character is entirely the wrong way of going about reading Bleach; he is an attitude, and that makes him far more interesting to analyze in that light. Naraku was a villain, but the backstory given made him far less impressive (a thief who lusted after Kikyo's heart? Give me a break), and his continued retreats and damage got old really fast and just showed him to be incompetent. Aizen, on the other hand, is a true, dominating force, and that's exactly the best traits to have in a supreme antagonist. For those same reasons, Bleach would be much less interesting without him, though it would be more interesting if there was a significant rival to him. Inuyasha would have been much better off without Naraku, as the backstory just made him less interesting as a main villain.

Wow...literary analysis on an internet forum really is a geeky thing. :P

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownQuincy View Post
    Watching that ending again, there is some really funny stuff in there... is that 2 of Nanao-chan on Kyuorouku's arms.... they have the same body type and glasses? That's not fair ! And Jyushiro is drunken in the background... really funny. I think Hanatoro takes the cake, yes, he even managed to look extremely embarrassed, yet there he is still.

I liked Chad punching out Espada 7 Zommari PumpkinRelease Leroux.
    No, that is Nanao and Lisa-chan. Kyoraku is a very lucky man xD. They do look alike don't they?
    Also liked the Chad scene as-well, Chad looked like he went for a TKO.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It's exactly what makes Aizen so bland is his all knowing, all seeing, all powerful, all thinking, all prescient, all techniques, all encompassing of ... everything. Hell if he's going to be this unstoppable and unfapable in any situation then why bother having protagonists and good guys versus him the antagonist and as basically the only villain left? What made Naraku great was that he was fallible and didn't manage to think of everything. He never thought Inuyasha and crew would get to him in his mountain retreat. Naraku kept looking for higher power whereas Aizen already has higher power, and whatever else he gets is just over the top.

What would make Aizen as an attitude great in Bleach would be if there was a whole host of villains. If we had been introduced to the Espada and a couple of Vasto Lordes after he's made all these claims, after showing all these abilities and after fusing with the Hougyoku then we would see a glimpse of him worrying about the protagonist being his downfall. However Kubo's elected to go a different route here. Interesting in the abstract, but decidedly worse for readership wear. Basically he's grown Aizen into the antihero by starting him off as the villain. This is how it's worse for wear. What gives this interest is that somehow Kubo the writer is going to have to pull off making Ichigo equal to, or greater than, Aizen. In which case we'd see the protagonist become the anti-villain in quite possibly the longest route ever in the history of good v. evil. And if that's what Kubo is going for we should prepare for at least another 5 years before Ichigo and Aizen face off again for a real final battle.

While some might agree that Naraku's original wish on the Shikon no Tama made for boring plot device it's not an exactly unbelievable idea. How many men have looked for the 'silver bullet' to get a woman to notice them? Aizen's plan to create an Ouken has now turned into him creating himself with an orb to be something else and what about the Ouken now? Granted the next 10 chapters might change all that but somehow I doubt that since my faith in Aizen as so bland a character is bound to ring true.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clodhopper View Post
    It's exactly what makes Aizen so bland is his all knowing, all seeing, all powerful, all thinking, all prescient, all techniques, all encompassing of ... everything. Hell if he's going to be this unstoppable and unfapable in any situation then why bother having protagonists and good guys versus him the antagonist and as basically the only villain left? What made Naraku great was that he was fallible and didn't manage to think of everything. He never thought Inuyasha and crew would get to him in his mountain retreat. Naraku kept looking for higher power whereas Aizen already has higher power, and whatever else he gets is just over the top.

What would make Aizen as an attitude great in Bleach would be if there was a whole host of villains. If we had been introduced to the Espada and a couple of Vasto Lordes after he's made all these claims, after showing all these abilities and after fusing with the Hougyoku then we would see a glimpse of him worrying about the protagonist being his downfall. However Kubo's elected to go a different route here. Interesting in the abstract, but decidedly worse for readership wear. Basically he's grown Aizen into the antihero by starting him off as the villain. This is how it's worse for wear. What gives this interest is that somehow Kubo the writer is going to have to pull off making Ichigo equal to, or greater than, Aizen. In which case we'd see the protagonist become the anti-villain in quite possibly the longest route ever in the history of good v. evil. And if that's what Kubo is going for we should prepare for at least another 5 years before Ichigo and Aizen face off again for a real final battle.

While some might agree that Naraku's original wish on the Shikon no Tama made for boring plot device it's not an exactly unbelievable idea. How many men have looked for the 'silver bullet' to get a woman to notice them? Aizen's plan to create an Ouken has now turned into him creating himself with an orb to be something else and what about the Ouken now? Granted the next 10 chapters might change all that but somehow I doubt that since my faith in Aizen as so bland a character is bound to ring true.
    I guess that's where you and I differ. I love when antagonists are able to mop the floor with everyone just because they're that good. Villains who either rival or are less powerful than the protagonist tend to bore me, as I think main villains should have an overpowering effect throughout the entire story, though I think minor villains/major antiheroes should add some much needed variety.

That's why I never liked Naraku, as I thought he should have been a minor villain, that or more mysterious. Naraku had a lot of potential that was just wasted, and I think over the top villains should have over the top reasons for their actions, which Naraku did not have.

I just love mastermind/excellent villains, but I hope the the next arc in Bleach will introduce some much needed variety in that area, since I think it'd be nice to have some fleshed out antagonists, sort of like Stark was, for instance.

Thread Closed
Page 69 of 134 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 119 ... LastLast