Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 134 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach Hangout Thread 3.0

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Hangout Thread 3.0

^That's right, but also an old hat, or were there still so many people thinking Grimmjow and co can evolve with eating other corpses..? Ok, guess a lot still thought so judging by all the 'theories' about him

Aaroniero stated being the only one who has invinite evolution potential, means non of the present Espada could do that, too. If they could they probably would end up in a slaughtering to eat up each other.. like Nnoitra/Neliel, but appearently he had an other purpose to knock her down, which was hate iirc lol

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity DARK's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    No...we clearly saw Grimmjow eating other Hollows to evolve and gain more power. Even his own Fraccion offered up their bodies to him at one time.
    That was him as a Menos. I am referring to him as an Arrancar (whether or not he can continue to cannibalize Hollows/other Arrancar to gain more power is ambigious).

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice, about time version 3 came lol. I just noticed I had the most post in the previous thread!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DARK View Post
    That was him as a Menos. I am referring to him as an Arrancar (whether or not he can continue to cannibalize Hollows/other Arrancar to gain more power is ambigious).
    Grimmjow became an "Arrancar" while he was an Adjucas. Being an Arrancar itself isn't necessarily a "class of Hollows" it's more of a category. Because Hollows can become Arranacr from different classes of Hollows. Much like Grimmjow's Fraccion who were all Gillian class Hollows still were able to become Arrancar. But the special thing about Adjucas is that they can continue to evolve through eating other Hollows. And the next evolutionary class above Adjucas is Vasto Lorde. So i see no reason as to why Grimmjow, if he still is alive, can't continue eating other strong Hollows to get stronger. Especially since there are dead Fraccion and Espada laying about within Hueco Mundo

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Grimmjow became an "Arrancar" while he was an Adjucas. Being an Arrancar itself isn't necessarily a "class of Hollows" it's more of a category. Because Hollows can become Arranacr from different classes of Hollows. Much like Grimmjow's Fraccion who were all Gillian class Hollows still were able to become Arrancar. But the special thing about Adjucas is that they can continue to evolve through eating other Hollows. And the next evolutionary class above Adjucas is Vasto Lorde. So i see no reason as to why Grimmjow, if he still is alive, can't continue eating other strong Hollows to get stronger. Especially since there are dead Fraccion and Espada laying about within Hueco Mundo
    Kubo didn't clarify if the Shinigamification would abruptly end the Hollow's ability to continue to "evolve."
    Aaroniero can "evolve limitlessly," but he seems to be an experimental Hollow created by Aizen.
    The answer for that question more or less depends if Kubo is willing to bring Grimmjow back at all.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kubo didn't clarify if the Shinigamification would abruptly end the Hollow's ability to continue to "evolve."
    Aaroniero can "evolve limitlessly," but he seems to be an experimental Hollow created by Aizen.
    The answer for that question more or less depends if Kubo is willing to bring Grimmjow back at all.
    I seriously doubt that once someone becomes an Arrancar they suddenly stop evolving. Or loose the ability to gain more power through evolutionary type of methods. We saw Ulquiorra change and basically evolve into something completely different and he called that process a second release. And now Yammy has also completely changed from his normal resurrection form into something new as well. The only thing that i see that becoming an Arrancar does from a Hollow is that it gives them even more power. And nothing really indicates that because of becoming an Arrancar that the Hollows can't evolve any further beyond their normal class. I'm sure some Hollows won't be able to evolve because of lack of power or whatnot. But i doubt that all of them loose the ability to evolve further up.

One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I seriously doubt that once someone becomes an Arrancar they suddenly stop evolving. Or loose the ability to gain more power through evolutionary type of methods. We saw Ulquiorra change and basically evolve into something completely different and he called that process a second release. And now Yammy has also completely changed from his normal resurrection form into something new as well. The only thing that i see that becoming an Arrancar does from a Hollow is that it gives them even more power. And nothing really indicates that because of becoming an Arrancar that the Hollows can't evolve any further beyond their normal class. I'm sure some Hollows won't be able to evolve because of lack of power or whatnot. But i doubt that all of them loose the ability to evolve further up.
    Sure the Arrancar can get stronger, but I don't think it's from cannibalizing on each other some more. Even if they could, Aizen and the Hogyoku simply granted them more power than they would have obtained if they continued their cannibalistic ways. Nnoitra is living proof that an Arrancar can get stronger without the need of having to eat other Arrancar/Hollows to do it.

Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, first of all.. becoming an Arrancar is nothing special actually, since you only need to take off your mask. That's the way how Hollows can gain Shinigami powers. BUT after you did that there is no way you can evolve as a Hollow and it's not even necessary since you've got Shinigami powers instead. The Arrancar still can use the powers he gained as Hollow tho', also he can resurrect to get back even more of his Hollow abilities, while being in the released form..

Now to the marked line.. it's not only that Adjucas can continue evolving, every Menos can. As long as it's a Hollow, not Arrancar

Grimmjow can not go around and become a Vastrolord 1. because he's not a Hollow anymore, 2. because everyone is dead already, from what we've seen sofar you need to eat 'em while they're still alive. Or maybe it's the killing process itself that keeps Hollows evolving, fact is we've only seen them being hunters not scavengers.
    Last edited by Evil3ye; November 29, 2009 at 01:31 PM.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sure the Arrancar can get stronger, but I don't think it's from cannibalizing on each other some more. Even if they could, Aizen and the Hogyoku simply granted them more power than they would have obtained if they continued their cannibalistic ways. Nnoitra is living proof that an Arrancar can get stronger without the need of having to eat other Arrancar/Hollows to do it.
    How is Nnoitora a proof of that? I'm sure there are methods to gain power without eating other Hollows. Such as becoming an Arrancar. But from what we know the higher up on the evolutionary chart that a Hollow goes the more Hollows it took to create that being. Either thought fusion or absorption of some sort.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How is Nnoitora a proof of that? I'm sure there are methods to gain power without eating other Hollows. Such as becoming an Arrancar. But from what we know the higher up on the evolutionary chart that a Hollow goes the more Hollows it took to create that being. Either thought fusion or absorption of some sort.
    Nnoitra told Neliel that he became stronger since she left. It wasn't clearly stated that Nnoitra obtained this power by eating more Hollows (we would have seen him do so if that was the case). All he had to say on the subject was that he was thankful that "Aizen gave [him] more power." (via the Hougyoku).

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Evil3ye View Post
    Ok, first of all.. becoming an Arrancar is nothing special actually, since you only need to take off your mask. That's the way how Hollows can gain Shinigami powers. BUT after you did that there is no way you can evolve as a Hollow and it's not even necessary since you've got Shinigami powers instead. The Arrancar still can uses the powers he gained as Hollow tho', also he can resurrect to get back even more of his Hollow abilities, while being in the released form..

Now to the marked line.. it's not only that Adjucas can continue evolving, every Menos can. As long as it's a Hollow, not Arrancar

Grimmjow can not go around and become a Vastrolord 1. because he's not a Hollow anymore, 2. because everyone is dead already, from what we've seen sofar you need to eat 'em while they're still alive. Or maybe it's the killing process itself that keeps Hollows evolving, fact is we've only seen them being hunters not scavengers.
    Wait...Grimmjow is not a Hollow anymore? I think people some seriously need to find out what an Arrancar is. An Arancar is a Hollow that has removed his/her mask. But it's still a Hollow. It doesn't become anything else other than a Hollow with a removed mask. And how do you know that after becoming an Arrancar Hollows can evolve any further?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait...Grimmjow is not a Hollow anymore? I think people some seriously need to find out what an Arrancar is. An Arancar is a Hollow that has removed his/her mask. But it's still a Hollow. It doesn't become anything else other than a Hollow with a removed mask. And how do you know that after becoming an Arrancar Hollows can evolve any further?
    Grimmjow self identified himself as a "Hollow" during his fight with Ichigo despite being an Arrancar. It's the same manner that Ichigo continues to call himself a "Shinigami/Human" despite gaining the powers of his Inner Hollow.
    Still we haven't seen evidence of Arrancar continuing to cannibalize each other for power. Aaroniero cannibalized Metastacia, sure, but that was a Hollow. Even if an Arrancar can still gain powers in the same manner as they did while as Hollows, the Hougyoku simply grants them more power. It takes a LOT of hollows just to gain a small increase of power. In some cases, eating Hollows does not grant you power at all. It's simply too risky just to obtain power when you can just take the easy road.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nnoitra told Neliel that he became stronger since she left. It wasn't clearly stated that Nnoitra obtained this power by eating more Hollows (we would have seen him do so if that was the case). All he had to say on the subject was that he was thankful that "Aizen gave [him] more power." (via the Hougyoku).
    Like i said i'm sure you can get power different ways. But each Hollow class that we have seen/heard of basically requires even more Hollows to get to the next stage of natural (slow) evolution. Either through absorption of fusion of some kind. The Hougyoku is basically just a short cut that speeds up and refines the process of becoming an Arrancar. Seeing as how becoming an Arrancar can be a (slow) natural process through natural evolution. But nothing says that the Hougyoku itself actually creates evolution among the Hollows. And nothing says that the Hougyoku stops Hollow evolution either. All that we know that the Hougyoku does is that it grants (fast) power to Hollows so that they can become Arrancar. So to say that the Hougyoku stops Hollow evolution is a very pre-mature statement. With basically nothing to support it.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Like i said i'm sure you can get power different ways. But each Hollow class that we have seen/heard of basically requires even more Hollows to get to the next stage of natural (slow) evolution. Either through absorption of fusion of some kind. The Hougyoku is basically just a short cut that speeds up and refines the process of becoming an Arrancar. Seeing as how becoming an Arrancar can be a (slow) natural process through natural evolution. But nothing says that the Hougyoku itself actually creates evolution among the Hollows. And nothing says that the Hougyoku stops Hollow evolution either. All that we know that the Hougyoku does is that it grants (fast) power to Hollows so that they can become Arrancar. So to say that the Hougyoku stops Hollow evolution is a very pre-mature statement. With basically nothing to support it.
    There is no evidence to support this, sure. But Kubo doesn't really have any evidence to prove the opposite either. Kubo only provided so much on the subject of how Menos formed. Since the majority of the Espada/Arrancar died anyway, I don't think that it's really that relevant anymore.

Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

He's not Hollows do not look like humans you know,.. they just don't. Arrancars as well as Vizards are Hybrids, Arrancar are a little closer to Hollows tho' (hollowhole, parts of a mask), than Vizards are, who are appearently not that far away from Shinigamis.. like 60:40, 40:60 or sth.

How do I know that they can't evolve? Well, the fact that Nnoitra did not eat Neliel proves it, not? Why would he not eat her to become stronger? Then again he could rise his rank without doing it and I don't believe he sneakily knocked out 4-7 in the meanwhile lol.

He might have trained his Shinigami powers, reiatsu, swordfight, etc.. the changed sword could hint that. But of course it's all hypothetical thinkings so far, I just believe it's most logical that way.
    Last edited by Evil3ye; November 29, 2009 at 03:03 PM.

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 134 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast