Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma , One Piece 764 by cnet128
Thread Closed
Page 118 of 134 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 128 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 2003

Thread: Bleach Hangout Thread 3.0

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Hangout Thread 3.0

Zehahaha
    I thought it was obvious from the begining, when Isshin was shown taking down Grand Fisher.
    Tons of people tried to argue that huge Zan Ichigo had wasn't his Zan, but it really looked the same as his dad's unreleased Zan, so even if he didn't know his Zan's name, he should have still form his real Zan's form.
    It's also obvious that Isshin's Engetsu is bound to have the same abilities as Ichigo's Zan, since both of them can use Getsuga Tenshou and Final Getsuga Tenshou.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

I only noticed it in the anime, not in the manga tho... Well, if Isshin and Ichigo share the same powers (same Shikai, Bankai), could be possible that for example Ginrei and Byakuya may share the same powers too

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree. Ginrei and Byakuya and maybe Byakuya's father might have shared their Zanpaktou's powers. Well, maybe it's not always true, but for me it would be quite plausible for the family members to share more or less the same Zanpaktous.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Seeing ichigo and ishin I get the impression that zampakuto powers are basically genetic. Zampakuto powers are inborn traits that exist from the birth of a shinigami, they are an inherent part of their soul. If a shinigami has an offspring then it would make sense that there is a strong chance that said offspring has half of the soul of the parent so a similar zampakuto would make sense. This would leave room for inheriting complete abilities, perhaps a combination of abilities or maybe some abilities or powers are recessive traits or exist as genetic atavism...

Anyways, how about this for a crackpot theory. Ichigo inherited his getsuga tensho from his dad and ichigo's zampakuto is similar enough to ishin's engetsu for ishin to know about final getsuga tensho. Now, if we pay attention to ichigo's bankai it is fairly easy to notice something which may or may not be weird about its abilities. Once ichigo switches to bankai he gets one more ability which is actually not present in shikai. He gets insane speed which so far seems to be the main point of his bankai even though that is a trait which does not appear in shikai. How about getsuga tensho and zangetsu being inherited from ishin's side of the gene pool but ichigo got his speed bankai ability from masaki? Masaki was a quincy as far as the manga seems to have implied which means she had quincy techniques. In particular if she had an affiliation to vandenreich it would seem likely she, like the stern rittern, would also have special abilities which seem unrelated to the usual quincy stuff (the roar, the overkill, the jail and so on)... so masaki's thing could have been speed. stern "rittern "S" the speed" if you will.
    Last edited by kkck; December 05, 2012 at 12:37 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I miss the anime, there i said it this arc would have been frigging epic..... i wouldn't even care if Bleach was FMA to FMA:Brotherhood.
    Spoiler show

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

If the anime was still ongoing it would likely still be at a filler stage.... IMO they are eventually bringing it back however they will only do so once there are a couple years worth of cannon material to go on. Otherwise we will end up with a filler every other year.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner BulaNe's Avatar
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Just noticed that Isshin's Zanpakuto is an exact replica of Ichigo's Zanpakuto in its unrealesed form (before it got cut in half thanks to Byakuya)
    There's a good chance than Engetsu will have the same abilities as Zangetsu (compact Bankai maybe, that enhances speed too)
    Actually, when talking about guards only, Ichigo's looks to me like a replica of Rukia's even after he regaining his very own power. There's no simmilarity with Isshin's, which looks a little like Aizen's (a popular debate few years back, I know :P )

Quote Originally Posted by hollowdemon View Post
    and who's Sentaro..?
    Kotsubaki Sentaro is a 13th division's 3rd seat
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowdemon View Post
    I might be a little bit late to notice and apologize in advance, but how come during the TBTP arc, there are only 12 divisions instead of 13...?
    the only information we know about 10th division is from TBTP arc about it's captain meeting his untimely demise... and some vague info from interview in some of the databooks (dunno which one)

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BulaNe View Post
    Actually, when talking about guards only, Ichigo's looks to me like a replica of Rukia's even after he regaining his very own power. There's no simmilarity with Isshin's, which looks a little like Aizen's (a popular debate few years back, I know :P )
    Rukia's unreleased Zanpakuto's guard looks like Ichigo's and Isshin's (especially the color), but Isshin's Engetsu is an exact replica of Zangetsu (same guard with the same colors, even those two " things " that cling to the guard of Isshin's Engetsu, Zangetsu had them in his unreleased form, the only difference is the size of the blade which was due to Ichigo unable to control his powers

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member g0dzax's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

So,basically,even though we know that Ichigo's first Shinigami powers destroyed by Byakuya weren't his own,but rather Rukia's,his powers still took traits from deep his soul,which may mean that he might have lost actually his own powers.That would mean he's lost twice times his powers and recovered them still lol.

Although Engetsu has the similar form of Ichigo's first-time Zanpakutou,the difference in power is more than staggering;at base,Isshin was above Aizen lol.I wonder if it's released Shikai would be alike to Zangetu's Shikai,it's bound to look the same perhaps some minor design but overall it'd still be Zangetsu with the name Engetsu lol.

Although tbh it would suck if Ichigo and Isshin would share completely their Zanpakutou's,I mean,I hope their Zanpakutou's don't have exactly the same technique's as it would be boring,and besides that,Ichigo also has Quincy powers which may further allow his grow and develop new powers.GT has been...overused.Since the chapter he gained Bankai and GT,he has not learned a single other ability from Zangetsu(except FGT).He really needs new abilities.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by g0dzax View Post

Although Engetsu has the similar form of Ichigo's first-time Zanpakutou,the difference in power is more than staggering;at base,Isshin was above Aizen lol.I wonder if it's released Shikai would be alike to Zangetu's Shikai,it's bound to look the same perhaps some minor design but overall it'd still be Zangetsu with the name Engetsu lol.
    Show me that please, show me how Isshin was superior to Aizen (after he pwned Gotei 13 + Vizards like a boss), show me where Aizen used his Shikai or Bankai or whatever you may call it in that fight, as far as I'm concerned, Aizen didn't use his Zanpakuto's powers either

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Luxembourg
    Post Thanks / Like

Although tbh it would suck if Ichigo and Isshin would share completely their Zanpakutou's,I mean,I hope their Zanpakutou's don't have exactly the same technique's as it would be boring,and besides that,Ichigo also has Quincy powers which may further allow his grow and develop new powers.GT has been...overused.Since the chapter he gained Bankai and GT,he has not learned a single other ability from Zangetsu(except FGT).He really needs new abilities.
    Well, considering both used only GT so far, they are already exactly matched from that perspective. There are no other characters sharing a zanpakuto technique in the series.
    It's tough for him to learn new abilities, I would say. He hasn't got millions of petals of blades or ice, or fire element under his control. I don't think his zanpakuto is versatile in that manner.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member g0dzax's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha
    Show me that please, show me how Isshin was superior to Aizen (after he pwned Gotei 13 + Vizards like a boss), show me where Aizen used his Shikai or Bankai or whatever you may call it in that fight, as far as I'm concerned, Aizen didn't use his Zanpakuto's powers either
    Neither Aizen or Isshin used Shikai/Bankai in that fight,but from what I understood,after a while,Isshin asked Aizen why is he slowing down,whilst Isshin himself had no problem,and Aizen stated that he reached the limit of his Shinigami self,and after that he began the fusion with the Hogyoku.Though there is no direct refference,I guess it was a baseless asumption based on the fact that Isshin was mocking Aizen on slowing down and Aizen saying that he reached limit...besides that,Aizen and Isshin fought on par (you can't disagree with this lol),Aizen didn't use his Zanpakutou powers but neither did Isshin (he only used GT on the coccoon-Aizen,and managed to injured him,which in itself seems like an impressive feat).I may be wrong,but that is simply my view on how the fight went on and Aizen's + Isshin's words.@_@

Okay then,I'll just see that based on what we saw Isshin is equal to Aizen.I guess the hype over Isshin being a former RG got to me lol.
    Last edited by g0dzax; December 09, 2012 at 01:41 PM.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Neither Aizen or Isshin used Shikai/Bankai in that fight,but from what I understood,after a while,Isshin asked Aizen why is he slowing down,whilst Isshin himself had no problem,and Aizen stated that he reached the limit of his Shinigami self,and after that he began the fusion with the Hogyoku.Though there is no direct refference,I guess it was a baseless asumption based on the fact that Isshin was mocking Aizen on slowing down and Aizen saying that he reached limit...besides that,Aizen and Isshin fought on par (you can't disagree with this lol),Aizen didn't use his Zanpakutou powers but neither did Isshin (he only used GT on the coccoon-Aizen,and managed to injured him,which in itself seems like an impressive feat).
    Yes they fought on par, that much is clear as Isshin kept with Aizen easily, unlike Vizards and some captains who were unable to follow him to begin with, but to say Isshin was stronger that's a big no for me, they were at the same level for me, pretty much equal

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Well, considering both used only GT so far, they are already exactly matched from that perspective. There are no other characters sharing a zanpakuto technique in the series.

I don't think that Ichigo and Isshin both being able to use GT is a Zanpakuto or even a Shinigami thing but rather a "blood" thing, because we all saw that Ichigo with his Fullbring power was using a technique that he called GT and it actually resembled GT as well/

And as far as that one discussion goes about Isshin using GT without appearing to release his Shikai, well one way to go about answering that is to say that GT is a family/blood related technique that doesn't require anything other then reiatsu to perform. And another answer could be that some Shinigami could use abilities without their Zanpakuto's being released into its Shikai state. And we saw an example of this when Rose was using a Zanpakuto ability on the Menos during the FKT arc.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Where did the current chapter discussion go to?
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Thread Closed
Page 118 of 134 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 128 ... LastLast