Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 129 of 134 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 127 128 129 130 131 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 2003

Thread: Bleach Hangout Thread 3.0

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Hangout Thread 3.0

question.. where the hell is yoruichi? I haven't seen her in thousand year war arc. what could she be up to? as we all know she just pops out of nowhere during the battle like in battle against aizen..

another question as we all know there are 4 noble houses three of them are kuchki-shiba-shihouin clan.. what if quincy are 1st noble house but got banished because of something.. like they completely obliterate hollow.. or rebelled against soul king.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

On a secret mission? Don't care what she did during the first phase, but she could have been one of those people Kyoraku met before talking to Ichigo's school mates.
    Firm but Fair

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

im having bleach withdrawls people......

the upcomming chapters have potential to be the best of the series, to exceed even the soul society arc if kubo does this right (which is why hes taking his time)

i am both excited to to see whats going to happen, and sad that this amazing story is ending

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hollowdemon's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    im having bleach withdrawls people......

the upcomming chapters have potential to be the best of the series, to exceed even the soul society arc if kubo does this right (which is why hes taking his time)

i am both excited to to see whats going to happen, and sad that this amazing story is ending
    I'm with you on that....
    Still really curious how and who will fight first (completely overlooking the whole training period for now)

*The sad story behind the smile of the mask....*

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

INVITATION

Hi there. We are starting the collective reading of Vagrant Soldier Ares next August 5th. If you are interested here the details:

Spoiler: Invitation to the collective reading of Vagrant Soldier Ares show

the thread for the collective reading is located here. If you want to participate post your intention there as well as your ideas about the pace and other rules.

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hollowdemon View Post
    I'm with you on that....
    Still really curious how and who will fight first (completely overlooking the whole training period for now)
    Hoping te bleach war doesn't end uplike the Naruto War...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Knightmare of heaven 0's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by narutotheory View Post
    Hoping te bleach war doesn't end uplike the Naruto War...
    Pfffft.Kubo does things much better than Kishimoto.To be honest,Naruto isn't that great in comparision to Bleach now. I have no intention to start a series war,Just ignore this comment if you don't like this.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Posting this quote here, cause i believe many members don't follow the ToC thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromcd View Post
    Professional blacksmith makes Zangetsu:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88MmvSkI1ic
    I think it looks really good. I wish they had called an Ichigo cosplay to show it.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder where they got the mask from, it looked thick and made out of pottery. So at least something from Bleach besides "bleach" was in the video.

---------- Post added August 25, 2013 at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was August 20, 2013 at 10:24 PM ----------

Some random thoughts: We have hollows[spain], we have quincy[germany] and shinigami[japan], what do these have in common? All "evil" nations from the second world war. Germany and Japan were real partners, while spain wasn't treated like a real threat, just like Aizen didn't deem them so at the end of his little war. Nazis used the Swastika, Ichigo and japan have the Sauwastika/Manji, representing Dharma, universal harmony, and the balance of opposites. I'm pretty sure that Tite won't have quincies wer swatiskas now, but maybe there is something behind all that symbolism and opposite views on life between those two factions. Not gonna help with the future plot, but the parallels are there.
    Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I think Shinigamis are japanese because manga is from Japan and there's no real connection between World War II and Bleach :P Spanish names sound cool, and german names sound... strict? They are kind of perfect for attackers who are evil organization. But I'm polish, so it may be just me who feels that way :P

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

But the Hollow/Arrancar names are based on multi-national architects and nearly no one from the Vandenreich has a german sounding.
    Spoiler: Arrancar show

Spoiler: Vandenreich show

Also I wrote about similarities/references/parallels, not direct,evident connections between WW2 and this manga.

edit: I know that it's shinigami because it's a japanese manga, hollows are "spanish" because of their hotbloodedness and quincy "german" because of the "hardness", just thought about a "funny" similarity.
    Last edited by Schabrak; August 26, 2013 at 10:22 AM. Reason: no more irony
    Firm but Fair

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Only that the Hollow/Arrancar names are based on multi-national architects and nearly no one from the Vandenreich has a german sounding name?
    Spoiler: Arrancar show

Spoiler: Vandenreich show

Also I wrote about similarities/references/parallels, not direct,evident connections between WW2 and this manga.
    Seriously? I guess "name" is pretty narrow word for you. How do you call Vollstandig or Ressurection? Or techniques' names? Or should I use the word "theme"? Why would you even bother looking for those character's names? Why use irony? Does it bother you to such extent, that I normally replied? Maybe it's because I didn't took your whole idea seriously and you thought I was joking? So much, that you blatantly ignored other meaning of "name"? That I can understand, english is not your main language, so you could forget "name" has various meanings. Or is it just your personality? Somehow I don't think that sort of behaviour is strange for you. You must have acted like that before, I just don't remember.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sky Render's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    I wonder where they got the mask from, it looked thick and made out of pottery. So at least something from Bleach besides "bleach" was in the video.

---------- Post added August 25, 2013 at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was August 20, 2013 at 10:24 PM ----------

Some random thoughts: We have hollows[spain], we have quincy[germany] and shinigami[japan], what do these have in common? All "evil" nations from the second world war. Germany and Japan were real partners, while spain wasn't treated like a real threat, just like Aizen didn't deem them so at the end of his little war. Nazis used the Swastika, Ichigo and japan have the Sauwastika/Manji, representing Dharma, universal harmony, and the balance of opposites. I'm pretty sure that Tite won't have quincies wer swatiskas now, but maybe there is something behind all that symbolism and opposite views on life between those two factions. Not gonna help with the future plot, but the parallels are there.
    Yo, Spanish dude here. Just a thought. Arrancar (and the whole Hollow race for that matter) are not based in Spain, but in Mexico. In the famous Día de los Muertos holiday, to be precise, which involves skeleton themes and people wearing skeleton masks. We Spaniards do not celebrate Día de los Muertos (I daresay north Americans know more about this holiday than Spaniards tbh). In fact, I doubt Kubo was thinking about Spain when he developed the whole Hollow theme; he was thinking about the Spanish language, which is spoken all around latin America (who had jack shit to do with WWII). Also the Spanish spoken in the anime is the Latin American one (since the "c" and "z" letters are pronounced like "s"), which is more widespread and known.

Boy I WISH those bad ass Arrancars were based on my country, but the honor probably belongs to Mexico. I don't think all Hollows are supposed to be Spanish anyhow -not a single name has a Spanish-sounding name besides Baraggan (Barragán is a Spanish surname alright). Closest thing there is is Ulquiorra (Urquiola, a Basque surname) and Dordoni (an Italian surname).

The Wandenreich is probably made of Quincies from all around the world (there is a Chinese one, a German-like one and a French one and yadda yadda. They even got a Japanese dude (Ishida). The German is mostly used for theme, just like Spanish. More than "Germany", the Wandenreich is based on the Third Reich; probably because of them being "unmistakenly evil" in pop culture. What with the military uniforms and flags and shit. We all know "Third Reich" does not equal Germany.

Also you totally forgot about Italy, who was the third player in WWII and not Spain. Also you disregarded Portugal, who was yet another neutral dictatorship with yet another sob of a dictator who somewhat sympathized with the nazis. Of course, I am used to being mixed up with Italians just like Portuguese are used to be with Spain.

Arrancars are not Spanish and Quincies are not German is what I'm trying to say. Kubo just picked a language and some foreign-sounding names in order to make the enemy appear cool and menacing at the same time; nothing more.

BTW I guess Kubo's German is as atrocious as his Spanish LOL.
    Last edited by Sky Render; August 26, 2013 at 11:07 AM.

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, I'd actually wondered if Kubo had Spanish or Latin American in mind when he was doing the Hollow based stuff. I was a terrible Spanish student at school, so I don't know if there's a language difference between the two, but I always assumed there was. Not important, but interesting nonetheless.

Anyway, on that point about the nationalities of the characters themselves, I've wondered if SS and HM deals with souls from he entire world, but I've come to think they're coming solely from Japan. I vaguely remember seeing some figures for how many souls are in SS (though I don't remember where), and I think the way it worked out only makes sense if they're from Japan or Asia... I don't know, maybe it was in a databook. Even Yoruichi, I don't think she's actually meant to be black, just dark skinned. Then again there is Zommari, who I reckon actually was black, but if it were a worldwide thing, there would be more people of different skin colours and what have you in the manga in general. It could just be Kubo's approach to character design of course.

The Quincy, though, I do wonder about. Arrancar having distinctly non-Japanese names makes sense, since they basically take on entirely new identities when they become Hollows, and possibly again when they become Menos. These Quincy on the other hand, are either living or dead, but there's no reason to assume they don't retain their identity when they die, like Shinigami, or the Fullbringers. So their non-Japanese names would suggest a wider array of nationalities. Askin Nakk Something Something (Sternritter D) definitely seems Arabian for example. Hmmm....

Anyway, if SS is just the afterlife of Japan, it does open up the possibility of entirely separate worlds existing for other parts of the globe. Still, it seems implausible that they wouldn't even be mentioned, so I don't know what the hell to think about it. Might just be a case of relating to the author's nationality obviously, but it could be deliberate too.
    Last edited by NoOneInParticular; August 26, 2013 at 12:56 PM.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneInParticular View Post
    Anyway, if SS is just the afterlife of Japan, it does open up the possibility of entirely separate worlds existing for other parts of the globe. Still, it seems implausible that they wouldn't even be mentioned, so I don't know what the hell to think about it.
    If there was tens of Soul Societies, tens of RGs and Soul Kings, just as lots of Ichigos and Zarakis running around Quincies would be screwed. :P

Thread Closed
Page 129 of 134 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 127 128 129 130 131 ... LastLast