Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
Thread Closed
Page 131 of 134 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 129 130 131 132 133 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2003

Thread: Bleach Hangout Thread 3.0

  1. #1951
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sky Render's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,058
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Hangout Thread 3.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Nice post, but to say Oda's way is the easier one is debatable, he does both, but prefers to show some more detail[e.g. veins, wrinkles]. His style allows him to draw some more distinct faces due to be more "comedic" in nature.

    I see Kubo skill of composing panels into pictures/pages as undisputed though, that's what he's so great in.
    Precisely. And spot-on on Oda's style being much more cartoony; no sense in comparing the two. I still see more merit in realistic drawings, tho. But hey, it works for Oda and OP manages to pull a powerful epic with such an style. That's another brand of impressive that has more to do with storytelling.

  2. #1952
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,800
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 546 Discussion / 547 Predictions (Next chapter on 9th September)

    Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    Looking at content of average Bleach chapter, I'm sure he doesn't work 12 hours. Have you ever seen Bleach fan saying "DAMN, that chapter felt long!"? :P It's pretty slowpaced, drawings are pretty big, there is a lot of wasted space. I still love it, but I'm sure Kubo doesn't work 12 hours a day on it. Look at One Piece. It has lots of dialogues, things in one chapter and at least it feels long. In Bleach you have maybe 4-5 bubbles with dialogue on a page and it's all. Except Urahara's explaining shit. Those are loooong speeches.
    I'm sure it's already been explained, but you are very grossly underestimating how long it takes to draw even a single page.

    There's layout, penciling, inking, typesetting, etc, etc. It can very easily take 12 hours.

  3. #1953
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,328
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Hangout Thread 3.0

    One of the things I can't get out of my head is this particular panel.
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...6-page-13.html

    The isn't there something weird in that image? At the end of the fullbring arc it was said ichigo's fullbring had merged with ichigo's shinigami powers and thus had strengthened him. Now, if that was actually true then shouldn't shirosaki also be wearing the armor ichigo is current wearing? When shirosaki first appeared he immediately went into old man zangetsu as soon as ichigo defeated him. Basically at the time shirosaki was being supressed by zangetsu. Then when ichigo defeated shirosaki shirosaki went inside ichigo and later on old man zangetsu removed him from within ichigo. At the time I would think ichigo was supressing shirosaki alongside old man zangetsu (although that is not terribly important to the point I am making). Now, seeing that ichigo is wearing the armor and not shirosaki it would seem like it is ichigo who is holding that bit of hollow powers. Is he ever actually going to fully merge those powers with shirosaki? It would imply yet another transformation from his sword though. Or perhaps he will be done with that next time?

  4. #1954
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    Poland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Hangout Thread 3.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Render View Post
    Post.
    Seriously, that post is just too long, I won't even bother reading Schabrak's post.

    So Kubo is so skillful, that he can draw emotions on face. Impressive. None other mangaka can do it. Because I, of course, said Kubo can't draw! And it has little to do with his horrible planning and simple pictures to fill space. Seriously, this post is just so offtopic that it pains me. I say "Keigo's face shouldn't take half of a page, if Kubo doesn't bother to sit for a 15 minutes drawing his face". You counter with "KUBO CAN DRAW AND HE CAN MAKE NICE LOOKING CHARACTERS!!!" Of course he can, did I ever say he can't? He's a damn mangaka... Or did I say he's making his pictures damn big, using too few of them on one page, thus making the chapter feel like nothing? And he uses simple pictures to fill that space instead of putting some details on them if they are to take half of a page.

    If you can't grasp what I'm trying to say, don't bother replying, same goes to Schabrak. It's not the first time he writes something completely unrelated, that I can only laugh while reading. Last time he started attacking me because he forgot "name" doesn't only mean name of a person. xD Or he complains how people can't speak english, while he himself writes "fife" instead of "five" and can't distinguish between "than" and "then". I won't bother looking for more. If you're not a native and you do make mistakes, just shut it, not everyone here speaks english perfectly. I'm sure you could find some mistakes in my post too, probably typos and some grammar issues, tenses?

    YEAH, KUBO CAN DRAW, END OF THAT TOPIC. AND YEAH, HE IS LAZY AND PUTS MINIMAL EFFORT INTO BRINGING US NORMALLY PACED MANGA, MAKES HIS DRAWINGS DAMN HUGE TO FILL SPACE. If you want to argue with that, don't bother showing me how Kira can make a scary face. I already posted a link with awesome Kubo's drawings of Yamaji's face and I already said he can draw. And that "sad" face of Ichigo from "The Blade and Me", for me, is not sad at all. It looks like a troll face. And emotions Kubo wanted to show was not sadness, but disbelief with astonishment and realization, that every was a lie. It doesn't look sad at all IMO. And yeah, it's a nice picture. It's at least detailed and really shows those emotions. You still don't get what problem I have with Keigo's face? It's plain-looking, easy to draw, emotions are not shown by face, but by little drop/tear (I don't know how to call it) on his right cheek and lines under his eyes. You can actually see Ichigo's nose on panel you posted. In Keigo's case, his nose is... what it is? We know it's a nose, but it's only because we presume it HAS to be nose, because he's human.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________


    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Now, seeing that ichigo is wearing the armor and not shirosaki it would seem like it is ichigo who is holding that bit of hollow powers. Is he ever actually going to fully merge those powers with shirosaki? It would imply yet another transformation from his sword though. Or perhaps he will be done with that next time?
    Is there a need to "merge" those powers with Shirosaki? Fullbring itself comes straight from Hollow's reiatsu in Ichigo. It's Shirosaki's power that allowed Ichigo to use Fullbring. It's not like Quincy or Shinigami, where source is different. Ichigo's Hollow powers were always in him, Fullbring just took them out. Just like Ginjo could use his Fullbring and had Hollow side, as shown in Bankai.
    Last edited by Duniak; September 03, 2013 at 09:48 AM.

  5. #1955
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,965
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Hangout Thread 3.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    I say "Keigo's face shouldn't take half of a page, if Kubo doesn't bother to sit for a 15 minutes drawing his face".

    If you can't grasp what I'm trying to say, don't bother replying, same goes to Schabrak. It's not the first time he writes something completely unrelated, that I can only laugh while reading. Last time he started attacking me because he forgot "name" doesn't only mean name of a person. xD Or he complains how people can't speak english, while he himself writes "fife" instead of "five" and can't distinguish between "than" and "then". I won't bother looking for more. If you're not a native and you do make mistakes, just shut it, not everyone here speaks english perfectly. I'm sure you could find some mistakes in my post too, probably typos and some grammar issues, tenses?

    YEAH, KUBO CAN DRAW, END OF THAT TOPIC. AND YEAH, HE IS LAZY AND PUTS MINIMAL EFFORT INTO BRINGING US NORMALLY PACED MANGA, MAKES HIS DRAWINGS DAMN HUGE TO FILL SPACE. If you want to argue with that, don't bother showing me how Kira can make a scary face. I already posted a link with awesome Kubo's drawings of Yamaji's face and I already said he can draw. And that "sad" face of Ichigo from "The Blade and Me", for me, is not sad at all. It looks like a troll face. And emotions Kubo wanted to show was not sadness, but disbelief with astonishment and realization, that every was a lie. It doesn't look sad at all IMO. And yeah, it's a nice picture. It's at least detailed and really shows those emotions.
    If you don't bother reading, don't bother attacking me personally either, especially when I do a grammatical error, or do you not see me editing those mistakes out. Are you too obtuse to differenciate between a grammatical and a argumential error? Are you the fucking grammar police?

    Sorry that I didn't consider attack and world names. Considering that 90% of the names in connection to both themes are not mexican/german of nature and had little to do with the plot itself later on, I had a different conjecture. Las Noches, Arrancar, Espapda, Resurrection and Letzt Stil, Vollständig, Säuberung/Auswahl, Stenrritter, Soldat, Wandenreich. Yeah with the right pronunciation one sounds more smooth, the other more strict. Are you happy now?

    But back to topic: You say it's so plain, why bother drawing it to begin with, why waste half a page for that, when it's not really needed. Your problem is that you tried to present your judgement of that panel, for whoever might be in it, as the ultimate and right one. Somehow trying to dispute Sky Renders description of the faces, for what reason did you do that? It didn't reinforce your argument.
    Quote Quote:
    You still don't get what problem I have with Keigo's face? It's plain-looking, easy to draw, emotions are not shown by face, but by little drop/tear (I don't know how to call it) on his right cheek and lines under his eyes. You can actually see Ichigo's nose on panel you posted. In Keigo's case, his nose is... what it is? We know it's a nose, but it's only because we presume it HAS to be nose, because he's human.
    Kubo could have left out the "drop" and the emotion would be just as clear. Also complaining about noses, when only shots from the side get a more detailed one excluding the very detailed shots like Yamamoto/Bach since forever, is redundant. You seem to get the emotional state, so why complain to begin with? I'm still waiting for a reasoning for why Kubo Tite would have to draw a very detailed face when using half a page, one that doesn't include you wishing for him to do so because you don't like him wasting huge panels on plain faces.

    ___
    Let me ask frankly, do you read any other manga with so many blank spaces and plain[totaly normal and usual for manga] faces? If you do, would you complain about those too?
    Last edited by Schabrak; September 03, 2013 at 12:46 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

  6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #1956
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    Poland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Hangout Thread 3.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    If you don't bother reading, don't bother attacking me personally either, especially when I do a grammatical error, or do you not see me editing those mistakes out. Are you too obtuse to differenciate between a grammatical and a argumential error? Are you the fucking grammar police?
    You see? It's not nice to point out other users' mistakes. But people you started correcting didn't respond like you now. You're way more arrogant and cocky than they were, so I understand that. Why did you think I wrote about it? Was it connected to the rest of the post at all? Pure provocation, obviously. Geez, you really think too highly of yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Sorry that I didn't consider attack and world names. Considering that 90% of the names in connection to both themes are not mexican/german of nature and had little to do with the plot itself later on, I had a different conjecture. Las Noches, Arrancar, Espada, Resurrection and Letzt Stil, Vollständig, Säuberung/Auswahl, Stenrritter, Soldat, Wandenreich. Yeah with the right pronunciation one sounds more smooth, the other more strict. Are you happy now?
    No, I don't give a damn about it. I couldn't care less about your opinion. Hastily jumping to conclusions, that's what I have a problem with, not you disagreeing with me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    But back to topic: You say it's so plain, why bother drawing it to begin with, why waste half a page for that, when it's not really needed. Your problem is that you tried to present your judgement of that panel, for whoever might be in it, as the ultimate and right one. Somehow trying to dispute Sky Renders description of the faces, for what reason did you do that? It didn't reinforce your argument.

    Kubo could have left out the "drop" and the emotion would be just as clear. Also complaining about noses, when only shots from the side get a more detailed one excluding the very detailed shots like Yamamoto/Bach since forever, is redundant. You seem to get the emotional state, so why complain to begin with? I'm still waiting for a reasoning for why Kubo Tite would have to draw a very detailed face when using half a page, one that doesn't include you wishing for him to do so because you don't like him wasting huge panels on plain faces.
    "excluding detailed shots"

    And those detailed shots should take half of a page, not something like that. To me, it looks like Kubo is writing a novel, and it's not long enough, so he makes the letters bigger, so it looks longer, despite short content.

    For what reason did I dispute his description of faces? What? I wrote about Keigo's face, and told Sky Kubo's style of drawing and his skill are not related to my point at all. When it comes to Ichigo's face, I didn't argue about drawing style or anything, I just wrote, that I think emotions on that panel are different than Sky thinks. That's all. Yeah, it didn't reinforce my argument. Neither would arguing about Kubo's style and skill. So I wrote that I don't think Kubo's drawings are bad or anything. He can draw AWESOME panels, like ones with Yamaji or Ichigo. Making undetailed Keigo's face take half of a page, is "enlarging letters' size" for me.

  8. #1957
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,800
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Hangout Thread 3.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    You see? It's not nice to point out other users' mistakes. But people you started correcting didn't respond like you now. You're way more arrogant and cocky than they were, so I understand that. Why did you think I wrote about it? Was it connected to the rest of the post at all? Pure provocation, obviously. Geez, you really think too highly of yourself.



    No, I don't give a damn about it. I couldn't care less about your opinion. Hastily jumping to conclusions, that's what I have a problem with, not you disagreeing with me.



    "excluding detailed shots"

    And those detailed shots should take half of a page, not something like that. To me, it looks like Kubo is writing a novel, and it's not long enough, so he makes the letters bigger, so it looks longer, despite short content.

    For what reason did I dispute his description of faces? What? I wrote about Keigo's face, and told Sky Kubo's style of drawing and his skill are not related to my point at all. When it comes to Ichigo's face, I didn't argue about drawing style or anything, I just wrote, that I think emotions on that panel are different than Sky thinks. That's all. Yeah, it didn't reinforce my argument. Neither would arguing about Kubo's style and skill. So I wrote that I don't think Kubo's drawings are bad or anything. He can draw AWESOME panels, like ones with Yamaji or Ichigo. Making undetailed Keigo's face take half of a page, is "enlarging letters' size" for me.
    I, personally, think it's much more simple:

    Kubo likes drawing faces (rather, characters to be more "accurate"). Kubo loves his characters and wants to show them off. I think it's more about that than it is compensating for a lack of something else.

    This chapter is a prime example:
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...9-page-12.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...9-page-13.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...9-page-15.html

    From Renji's ridiculous recollection of Shutara to Ichibei's awesome man-beard to Hirako's crazy leer.
    It's pretty clear Kubo wants the reader to be as into his characters as he is. Or, additionally, he wants the reader to be as inside of the characters as he is.

    Hell, Bleach is full of this. This arc alone has some really memorable ones.

    But do I think he does this because it's lacking is plot or dialogue or whatever? Naw.
    Kubo, to me, is a grown up kid who is paid to draw what he likes.
    Last edited by Exodi; September 03, 2013 at 01:16 PM.

  9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  10. #1958
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,965
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Hangout Thread 3.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    You see? It's not nice to point out other users' mistakes. But people you started correcting didn't respond like you now. You're way more arrogant and cocky than they were, so I understand that. Why did you think I wrote about it? Was it connected to the rest of the post at all? Pure provocation, obviously. Geez, you really think too highly of yourself.

    No, I don't give a damn about it. I couldn't care less about your opinion. Hastily jumping to conclusions, that's what I have a problem with, not you disagreeing with me.

    "excluding detailed shots"

    And those detailed shots should take half of a page, not something like that. To me, it looks like Kubo is writing a novel, and it's not long enough, so he makes the letters bigger, so it looks longer, despite short content.

    He can draw AWESOME panels, like ones with Yamaji or Ichigo. Making undetailed Keigo's face take half of a page, is "enlarging letters' size" for me.
    Name me people or show me posts where I attack people because of grammatical errors or will have a reason to call you out for calumny. I'm not always a friendly user, but shit's going to far here, accusing me of bullshit.

    Hey, thing is you didn't dare to simply write "Fuck you" and used the paragraph to attack grammatical errors stemming from english not being my first language. Instead of attacking the argument as I did, you've turned into something personal. When I complained about a paritcular post in the past, it was because something was unreadable/unintelligible, so it was a complain to understand the actual argument, to make it more clear or elaborate on something, you smart ass. I don't need to think highly of myself, if you showcase that you can't justify a more detailed shot. Why should Kubo do that when it's not necessary? You fail to argue for your complaint.

    "excluding detailed shots"... what am I supposed to do with that, what are you trying to say? You know there is a difference between a bit detailed and heavily detailed faces shots in Bleach.

    To you it looks...., don't beat around the bush and just say that you think he's deliberately slowing the pace, using gigantic faces because he has nothing else to draw. Huge accusations if you consider that to be his choice and Bleach being full of counterevidence. It's his chosen art style and presentation and he is doing a fine job with it.

    Is Kubo a page waster because of this double shot too? It only takes up the lowest third of the pages. :/ Are other many other mangaka deliberately stalling with similar panels because they have so little to cover!? No, that's an accusation build upon your perception only.
    Last edited by Schabrak; September 03, 2013 at 02:01 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

  11. #1959
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    Poland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Hangout Thread 3.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Name me people or show me posts where I attack people because of grammatical error or will have a reason to call you out for calumny. I'm not always a friendly user, but shit's going to far here, accusing me of bullshit.
    too*

    You started talking about how I shouldn't have used Past Perfect, and I told you why I did it. IIRC. Or maybe those were 2 different situations. I don't have time to look for it. But you could forget, you're "unfriendly" all the time, so you don't remember all the situations where you acted like a jerk.

    Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Hey, thing is you didn't dare to simply write "Fuck you" and used the paragraph to attack grammatical errors steming from english not being my first language. Instead of attacking the argument as I did, you've turned into something personal. When I complained about a paritcular post in the past, it was because something was unreadable/unintelligible, so it was a complain to understand the actual argument, to make it more clear or elaborate on something, you smart ass. I don't need to think highly of myself, if you showcase that you can't justify a more detailed shot. Why should Kubo do that when it's not necessary? You fail to argue for your complaint.
    Back then, it was easy to understand, guy just made few typos. That's why I remember it. You started correcting him like your every post was flawless. And you, of course, made mistake in a post that was pointing out that guy's mistakes. You really think I'd remember random situation because you was a part of it? I remember it only because you acted like a total jerk without a reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    To you it looks...., don't beat around the bush and just say that you think he's deliberately slowing the pace, using gigantic faces because he has nothing else to draw. Huge accusations if you consider that to be his choice and Bleach being full of counterevidence. It's his chosen art style and presentation and he is doing a fine job with it.
    Yeah, to me it looks. I'm merely expressing my opinion on a matter. And "in my opinion" is the same as "to me it looks". Both are subjective, both mean "from my point of view" and mean the same damn thing. Or do you want to check words' meaning again? Or you just wanted to make a cool reply? I really want to see someone writing "DAMN, SO MUCH HAPPENED IN THIS CHAPTER" instead "It didn't feel like 17 pages" or "This chapter felt really short...". Bleach's pace IS slow. It slowed down long time ago. Is it Kubo's intention? In my opinion, it is. (Especially for you, I didn't use "It looks like that to me"). Is Kubo working 12 hour a day? I don't think so. Or he just draws reaaaally slow compared to other mangakas, whose drawing is much better in my opinion.

  12. #1960
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,328
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Hangout Thread 3.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    Is there a need to "merge" those powers with Shirosaki? Fullbring itself comes straight from Hollow's reiatsu in Ichigo. It's Shirosaki's power that allowed Ichigo to use Fullbring. It's not like Quincy or Shinigami, where source is different. Ichigo's Hollow powers were always in him, Fullbring just took them out. Just like Ginjo could use his Fullbring and had Hollow side, as shown in Bankai.
    Not sure if the situation with ginjo is comparable (or necessarily relevant). We don't know what the situation inside of him is like when it comes to powers and whatnot (fullbring in particular is distinctly different from a zampakuto, even the fake version ichigo used to have, and we know nothing about hollows within humans). With ichigo the situation is different, we do know a decent bit of what the situation with his powers is. Shirosaki and ichigo are supposed to look exactly the same for the most part. Yet his last appearance kinda suggested otherwise. When ichigo got his powers back the implication was that learning fullbring actually strengthened him. Now, why wouldn't shirosaki look exactly like ichigo nowadays? Why didn't he have the exact same fullbring armor? Fullbring is supposed to come from him to begin with which makes the entire situation even weirder. Even when shirosaki appeared during FGT training he appeared looking exactly as ichigo did when he fought ulquiorra as a hollow. Now, if shirosaki does not have the armor (we saw shirosaki did not have it when both zangetsu appeared together recently) the implication should be that he does not have the fullbring powers ichigo got. I would argue that ichigo suppressing shirosaki himself before his FGT training (to the point where we actually saw zangetsu pulling shirosaki out of ichigo) is evidence that there are powers which ichigo can hold on his own without either zangetsu. Its not necessarily a huge plot point or anything but it is definitely weird. Considering that shirosaki is not currently wearing the armor there is even the possibility that shirosaki's and ichigo's appearance would actually be different which would be a first in the manga.

  13. #1961
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sky Render's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,058
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Hangout Thread 3.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post

    So Kubo is so skillful, that he can draw emotions on face. Impressive. None other mangaka can do it. Because I, of course, said Kubo can't draw! And it has little to do with his horrible planning and simple pictures to fill space. Seriously, this post is just so offtopic that it pains me. I say "Keigo's face shouldn't take half of a page, if Kubo doesn't bother to sit for a 15 minutes drawing his face". You counter with "KUBO CAN DRAW AND HE CAN MAKE NICE LOOKING CHARACTERS!!!" Of course he can, did I ever say he can't? He's a damn mangaka... Or did I say he's making his pictures damn big, using too few of them on one page, thus making the chapter feel like nothing? And he uses simple pictures to fill that space instead of putting some details on them if they are to take half of a page.

    If you can't grasp what I'm trying to say, don't bother replying, same goes to Schabrak. It's not the first time he writes something completely unrelated, that I can only laugh while reading. Last time he started attacking me because he forgot "name" doesn't only mean name of a person. xD Or he complains how people can't speak english, while he himself writes "fife" instead of "five" and can't distinguish between "than" and "then". I won't bother looking for more. If you're not a native and you do make mistakes, just shut it, not everyone here speaks english perfectly. I'm sure you could find some mistakes in my post too, probably typos and some grammar issues, tenses?

    YEAH, KUBO CAN DRAW, END OF THAT TOPIC. AND YEAH, HE IS LAZY AND PUTS MINIMAL EFFORT INTO BRINGING US NORMALLY PACED MANGA, MAKES HIS DRAWINGS DAMN HUGE TO FILL SPACE. If you want to argue with that, don't bother showing me how Kira can make a scary face.
    Damn it, all caps. I can't beat the convincing power of the all caps. I give up. You are obviously right: Kubo is a lazy artist. Your rude tone and your gratuitous insults and mockery of other's opinions (while being a a grammar nazi to boot!) only makes your point stronger. I salute you, who managed to skillfully change my view of the manga. Bravo.

    Let us put a stop to this nonsense. I wanted to have a good chat about manga, art, drawing ability and the capabilities of the medium while discussing just how much an artist should invest in his work in order to be called "good". Instead I got this. What a shame, really.

    On a completely unrelated note: any German fella can enlighten me on what "Wandereich" could possibly mean? I take it's taken for "Wänd", or "wall" if I recall correctly, making Wandenreich the "walled empire" (as in hidden behind a wall or whatever). I know it doesn't make sense in proper German, but could it be that Kubo wanted to do this? Snother possibility is that he shortened the word "Wandalen" ("vandals", if I am not mistaken). Anyone care to answer this?

  14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  15. #1962
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,965
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Hangout Thread 3.0

    Wände = walls
    Vanden = nothing
    Wanden = still nothing
    Shortening Wandalen to Wanden seems weird as it's missing the last "l", but yeah, it could work, just as Wanden for walls might work somehow, since as you mentioned, Kubo doesn't really a care for being totally correct.

    I would like to imagine it being a proper name, not some derivation.

    edit: Just read on wiki that Wenden and Vandalen were equated by some authors, so you might be right all along.

    Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia-Vandals
    Some Medieval authors applied the ethnonym "Vandals" to Slavic peoples: Wends, Lusatians or Poles.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

  16. #1963
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,679
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Hangout Thread 3.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    Yeah, to me it looks. I'm merely expressing my opinion on a matter. And "in my opinion" is the same as "to me it looks". Both are subjective, both mean "from my point of view" and mean the same damn thing. Or do you want to check words' meaning again? Or you just wanted to make a cool reply? I really want to see someone writing "DAMN, SO MUCH HAPPENED IN THIS CHAPTER" instead "It didn't feel like 17 pages" or "This chapter felt really short...". Bleach's pace IS slow. It slowed down long time ago. Is it Kubo's intention? In my opinion, it is. (Especially for you, I didn't use "It looks like that to me"). Is Kubo working 12 hour a day? I don't think so. Or he just draws reaaaally slow compared to other mangakas, whose drawing is much better in my opinion.
    Actually this arc has a good pace...Kubo talked about his drawing techniques before...and he said that he has lots of drafts, because he draws the same panel from multiple angles to have a good 3D image in his head and how it should look like(especially with fights)...and that's just the groundwork for his panels...

    He is more an artist than a storyteller, and it's pretty clear, because he puts more effort in his panels, which look great...to me it's nice eyecandy and I love the simplistic and "empty" pages as well...he can convey the mood of a fight really well...it's more atmospheric, I think...

  17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  18. #1964
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nowhere in particular
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    747
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Hangout Thread 3.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Wände = walls
    Vanden = nothing
    Wanden = still nothing
    Shortening Wandalen to Wanden seems weird as it's missing the last "l", but yeah, it could work, just as Wanden for walls might work somehow, since as you mentioned, Kubo doesn't really a care for being totally correct.

    I would like to imagine it being a proper name, not some derivation.

    edit: Just read on wiki that Wenden and Vandalen were equated by some authors, so you might be right all along.
    Just out of curiosity, if Wandenreich isn't accurate, what is the correct German for 'Hidden Empire' as it's supposed to be?

  19. #1965
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,478
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Hangout Thread 3.0

    Quote Originally Posted by NoOneInParticular View Post
    Just out of curiosity, if Wandenreich isn't accurate, what is the correct German for 'Hidden Empire' as it's supposed to be?
    well we cannot take the translations of these manga scan sites as completely accurate

    they have been known to be off , especially mangapanda (this is just my opinion so TIFWIW)

Thread Closed
Page 131 of 134 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 129 130 131 132 133 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts