Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 55

Thread: Pictures of Japanese Mangaka

  1. #1
    Negative Syndicate
    Guest

    Pictures of Japanese Mangaka

    I found some pictures of famous mangakas in Japan. I'll continue to upload if I found more pictures.

    Spoiler show
    Last edited by Negative Syndicate; December 04, 2009 at 02:01 PM.

  2. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #2
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member arsene.lupin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Country
    Indonesia
    Posts
    55
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Pictures of Japanese Mangaka

    Spoiler: pic show


    Spoiler: names from left to right show


    i saved from mangahelpers too, but forgot who posted before.
    sorry for my bad english

  4. Thanks 11 Member(s) thanked this post
  5. #3
    Negative Syndicate
    Guest

    Re: Pictures of Japanese Mangaka

    Pictures of Magakas Part 2

    Spoiler show
    Last edited by Negative Syndicate; December 05, 2009 at 10:06 AM.

  6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  7. #4
    MH's Best Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Prince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ジャニーズ事務所
    Country
    Japan
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,121
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Pictures of Japanese Mangaka

    Quote Originally Posted by arsene.lupin View Post
    i saved from mangahelpers too, but forgot who posted before.
    That would have been my humble self...
    Oh and as for the guy with the hard to read kanji I finally found out who he is: no mangaka *lol*

    He's an editor at Weekly Shounen JUMP called Nakano Hiroyuki who's in charge of Naruto and Beelzebub. He was also doing Toriko.

    TL: Oumagadoki Doubutsuen (29/37) || *NEW* HUNGRY JOKER (latest update: case.12+13) • Meet the Man: Sterling Cooper Ad Agency

  8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #5
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,257
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Pictures of Japanese Mangaka

    To celebrate the recent opening of Books Kinokuniya's new Bryant Park store in New York City, renown manga artist Takehiko Inoue painted a mural featuring characters from his award-winning seinen manga series, Vagabond. Started and completed over a November weekend, the mural is the highlight of Books Kinokuniya's second floor devoted to manga, anime DVDs, CDs, art books and collectibles.

    Spoiler: Takehiko Inoue 2007 show

    For more picture of Inoue and this event go here.

    As long as the pics are relatively small, don't worry about thumbnails. Keep posting pics.


  10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  11. #6
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Mushashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    491
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Pictures of Japanese Mangaka

    ive s33n that wall veryyyyy cooooool.

  12. #7
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member slippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    270
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Pictures of Japanese Mangaka

    Quote Originally Posted by I'm_Akiyama View Post
    To celebrate the recent opening of Books Kinokuniya's new Bryant Park store in New York City, renown manga artist Takehiko Inoue painted a mural featuring characters from his award-winning seinen manga series, Vagabond. Started and completed over a November weekend, the mural is the highlight of Books Kinokuniya's second floor devoted to manga, anime DVDs, CDs, art books and collectibles.

    Spoiler: Takehiko Inoue 2007 show

    For more picture of Inoue and this event go here.

    As long as the pics are relatively small, don't worry about thumbnails. Keep posting pics.
    i still can't believe how well that guy can draw ;o


    and thank you everyone for these pictures, i love seeing how the mangaka really look

  13. #8
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Mushashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    491
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Pictures of Japanese Mangaka

    except its a horrible invasion of privacy and completly destroys why half of them have pen names.

  14. #9
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Drinking Rum
    Country
    Macedonia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,518
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Pictures of Japanese Mangaka

    Sorry if this is considered against the rules for reviving an old thread like this, but I just can't resist to comment on this. Thank you everyone for the awesome pictures of some of the best people that write and draw the thing we all love:manga.

    Btw any more pictures?

  15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  16. #10
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2,729
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Pictures of Japanese Mangaka

    @Benjamin: Don't worry, reviving threads is not breaking the rules. It helps create more discussion just in case someone may not have come across it the first time. As for me, I can now move it to the Authors & Artist section where it's more appropriate.

    Mangaka are timid creatures people so not a lot of photos could be found easily. Do you have a specific mangaka in mind?


    Spoiler: Mangaka from Weekly Shonen Jump show

    Think of these as column from L to R.

    Obata Takeshi
    Ohe Shinichiro
    Ohishi Kouji
    Uchimizu Toru
    Amano Youichi

    Hoshino Katsura
    Usuta Kyousuke
    Asou Shuuichi
    Ohba Tsugumi

    Shiibashi Hiroshi
    Kishimoto Masashi
    Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

    Komi Naoshi
    Matsui Yuusaku
    Saki Hasemi

    Akimoto Osamu
    Araki Hirohiko
    Oda Eiichiro
    Masuta Kousuke

    Kubo Tite
    Murata Yuusuke
    Konomi Takeshi
    Last edited by saladesu; May 09, 2011 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  17. Thanks 11 Member(s) thanked this post
  18. #11
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Drinking Rum
    Country
    Macedonia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,518
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Pictures of Japanese Mangaka

    Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    @Benjamin: Don't worry, reviving threads is not breaking the rules. It helps create more discussion just in case someone may not have come across it the first time. As for me, I can now move it to the Authors & Artist section where it's more appropriate.

    Mangaka are timid creatures people so not a lot of photos could be found easily. Do you have a specific mangaka in mind?


    Spoiler: Mangaka from Weekly Shonen Jump show

    Think of these as column from L to R.

    Obata Takeshi
    Ohe Shinichiro
    Ohishi Kouji
    Uchimizu Toru
    Amano Youichi

    Hoshino Katsura
    Usuta Kyousuke
    Asou Shuuichi
    Ohba Tsugumi

    Shiibashi Hiroshi
    Kishimoto Masashi
    Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

    Komi Naoshi
    Matsui Yuusaku
    Saki Hasemi

    Akimoto Osamu
    Araki Hirohiko
    Oda Eiichiro
    Masuta Kousuke

    Kubo Tite
    Murata Yuusuke
    Konomi Takeshi
    I wanted to see some from the mangaka's of Liar Game and Gantz, also some more pictures of Naoki Urasawa.

    Thank you for these hm the Jump manga all look funny haha, well I have only seen a few pictures of the popular ones like Oda before, so thank you for the others.

  19. #12
    in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Singapore
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,275
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Pictures of Japanese Mangaka

    If this is a thread about Mangaka pictures (never knew we had this ), then this picture MUST be posted! It's so sweet :3

    Spoiler show


    That's Usuta Kyousuke (Pyuu to Fuku Jaguar) and Sakaki Kenji (Enigma)!! Yes they are married

    Thank Akiyama and his stalking skills, he was the one who posted this in the Jump TOC thread when it first happened ^^

  20. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
  21. #13
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2,729
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Pictures of Japanese Mangaka

    That's an adorable photo! As I said in the WSJ thread, I wish the best for the married couple.

    Small font for semi-OT rambling: Sakaki-sensei used to be an assistant for Amano Akira (of Katekyo Hitman Reborn). Amano-sensei and Usuta-sensei are good friends, and they/their characters made a cameo appearance in their respective tankobons. I'm positive that the newlywed couple met through Amano while Sakaki was still working as an assistant. I find that adorable! :3

  22. #14
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Drinking Rum
    Country
    Macedonia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,518
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Pictures of Japanese Mangaka

    Oh well, here he is the legendary seinen writer, Naoki Urasawa, I wonder what he has planned after Billy Bat...

    Spoiler: legend show

  23. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
  24. #15
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,257
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Pictures of Japanese Mangaka

    Kaitani Shinobu, he has done some public events for his works.
    Spoiler show


  25. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts