Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The js06 Thread

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The js06 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by js06 View Post
    First of all, thanks for your appreciation.

Now for your question. The main reason I didn't translate it is I don't know Thai. I recognized that it WAS Thai but beyond that I had no idea. Also, since the manga is Japanese, there would have been a Japanese translation if the original audience was intended to understand it.

Out of curiosity, what did the Thai say?
    Also, if there's any more Thai in future chapters, could I PM you to get a translation?

Ohh xD Got it... Most of the Thai insides means the name of the places xD

And in the latest chapter 77, page 14 รับ means catch =3 but can also mean to recieve :3
    And about future, yes of course, I'd be glad to =], i'll pm you my mail

Scanlator 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Arhazivory's Avatar
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaeshiizou View Post
    Hi there, read your translated Black lagoon series, and I wondered why did you leave the Thai characters out there? Intentionally?

I'm a Thai, and reading english translated mangas with untranslated words feel kinda funny... Would you like me to help translate, the thai parts?

Btw: love your translation, and is grateful for it
    First of all, thanks for your appreciation.

Now for your question. The main reason I didn't translate it is I don't know Thai. I recognized that it WAS Thai but beyond that I had no idea. Also, since the manga is Japanese, there would have been a Japanese translation if the original audience was intended to understand it.

Out of curiosity, what did the Thai say?
    Also, if there's any more Thai in future chapters, could I PM you to get a translation?
    Oh! Thank God! When I was cleaning the chapter I was wondering what the hell the language was. I ruled out Korean which is probably the only other language I'd have recognized and I wondered what you'd have done js. Well, I didn't picture you combing the ends of the earth to figure out it's meaning, but I could appreciate the level of frustration that Black Lagoon brings.

Well I'm glad there's a Thai connection (thank you sooooo much jaeshiizou <3) and I hope arabic doesn't pop up next in the series.

(To make sure I ask a question). Have you ever travelled outside of the US...and if yes...where?

Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Please js06, may u translate Hayate no gotoku faster ? I don't know Japanese and u are my last hope, i really really love that manga , and i always see your translate, please trans faster, thanks Jp 06

Translator 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner js06's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arhazivory View Post
    (To make sure I ask a question). Have you ever travelled outside of the US...and if yes...where?
    Due to my dad's job I lived in Germany for 2.5 years starting when I was 9 and have been to various places around Europe because of that. And before someone asks, no, I don't know German.
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmoonlight View Post
    Please js06, may u translate Hayate no gotoku faster ? I don't know Japanese and u are my last hope, i really really love that manga , and i always see your translate, please trans faster, thanks Jp 06
    Well, I've posted the translation since you posted this, so that's that.
    In the future, just be patient. Hayate doesn't take too long to translate, so I try to get it done within a day of an okay-quality raw being uploaded somewhere.

Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank u so much , js06, i know u can take raw in raw-paradise , why don't u translate when it was scanned in megazine ? U only trans , u don't need to edit or something else ? when i take the chap in megazine, i don't understand japanese, only watch picture T_T

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I see that lately you translated most of the missing chapters. A new hero has born.
    Now, if possible, could you translate chapter 177? Most likely chapters 165-169 will be scanlated by McDonald, they recently scanlated chapter 164.

Edit: I meant chapter 177, corrected.
    Last edited by wynnog; February 04, 2010 at 08:31 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Black Foot Sanji's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

First I want to say I love the series Bloody Monday, so thank you for working on it.

Now for my questions, Do you take requests on series to work on? I'm looking to branch out from the scans group I work with and have several series I'm looking at possibly doing. So with that being said question number two, Is the a specific genre that you prefer to work on?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nightmoonlight View Post
    Thank u so much , js06, i know u can take raw in raw-paradise , why don't u translate when it was scanned in megazine ? U only trans , u don't need to edit or something else ? when i take the chap in megazine, i don't understand japanese, only watch picture T_T
    I like to wait until an okay-quality raw is out to translate, because sometimes small non-bubble text can be hard to read if it's a low quality raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnog View Post
    I see that lately you translated most of the missing chapters. A new hero has born.
    Now, if possible, could you translate chapter 177? Most likely chapters 165-169 will be scanlated by McDonald, they recently scanlated chapter 164.
    Edit: I meant chapter 177, corrected.
    I'd gotten a bit behind on my translations, but I'm almost caught up now. So I should get to 177 soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Foot Sanji View Post
    First I want to say I love the series Bloody Monday, so thank you for working on it.
    You're welcome. It's a fun series to translate.
    Quote Quote:

Now for my questions, Do you take requests on series to work on? I'm looking to branch out from the scans group I work with and have several series I'm looking at possibly doing. So with that being said question number two, Is the a specific genre that you prefer to work on?
    I do take requests.
    That said, I'm a little pressed for time now, so I can't make any guarantees. If a series interests me I might pick it up, but, once again, no promises.

Scanlator 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Arhazivory's Avatar
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

*stalker sneaks in and holds out mic*

The translation system ranked you as [B]. Do you have any special thoughts about the system in general, and your rank in particular? I know some people find it offensive, others like it and there are those who don't give a serious thought to it either way. Hmm..for some reason you seem like the latter, but I could be wrong.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arhazivory View Post
    *stalker sneaks in and holds out mic*

The translation system ranked you as [B]. Do you have any special thoughts about the system in general, and your rank in particular? I know some people find it offensive, others like it and there are those who don't give a serious thought to it either way. Hmm..for some reason you seem like the latter, but I could be wrong.
    You got it right, I don't really think much one or or the other about it.
    I think B is pretty accurate for me. I do make mistakes, but (usually) not major ones.

Scanlator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mr. Death's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

hmm Js06,

Ivory told me to ask you a question, dunno if they have ask you if you played video games and which game system and game you like?

Also have you read Questionable Content

Sig by Cross, Bar by Ravona!!!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Death View Post
    hmm Js06,
    Ivory told me to ask you a question, dunno if they have ask you if you played video games and which game system and game you like?
    I'm a very casual video game player. I tend to like the big-name series, like Mario, Legend of Zelda, Final Fantasy, etc The main video game genre I don't really like is First Person Shooters.

Quote Quote:
    Also have you read Questionable Content
    I've heard of it and read various individual comics that I've been linked to that I liked, but I don't follow it.

Quote Originally Posted by dna11 View Post
    Hi js06!
    Would you be interested in translating " Ace of Diamond"?
    Sorry, I don't really like sports mangas and I don't translate mangas I'm not interested in.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner -El-'s Avatar
    Country
    Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for translating Gamble Fish for OMFGG-Scans Js06.

The main video game genre I don't really like is First Person Shooters.
    Wait... what? How can you NOT like FPS games?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -El- View Post
    Thanks for translating Gamble Fish for OMFGG-Scans Js06.
    I'm happy to do it.
    Quote Quote:
    Wait... what? How can you NOT like FPS games?
    Mostly because I suck at them.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner hayaterocks's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello. Hayaterocks speaking here.

First off, an apology, which you deserve, fairly speaking. In order to speed up the hole-filling of Hayate the Combat Butler, I translated chap. 165-168, which were the last chapters left to be translated (up to 200). I sent these directly to Lucid_Yume, (his account is on MAL), and he did typesetting, cleaning, and editing. In the end, I am sorry for "stealing your glory" of translating the final 4 chapters after all your hard work. Also, thank you for all your releases so far. Hope to see more!

Secondly, I think ur translations are great. For a self-taught college student, I am highly suprised. (I'm half-Japanese, fluent in Japanese and English. Sophmore in high school.)

Thirdly, I saw the translations of Seitokai no Ichizon...since it's been two months since ur last Seitokai translation, i take it that ur not translating it anymore. I don't want to take too many of ur translation jobs, so plz PM me as to whether I can scanlate this with Lucid_Yume or not.

Srry, THX, and RSVP.

Edit: I also just translated vol. 15 and 20 omakes...they aren't posted here, but they are being scanlated as we speak. Holes are all filled...completely!
    Last edited by hayaterocks; March 13, 2010 at 01:03 PM.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast