Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: About the scanlation and future chapters

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shinji's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Captain Tsubasa About the scanlation and future chapters

So, here is a little update.

Goal 35 to 57 are scanlated.
    I also have a few chapters among 26~34 that are scanlated. However, since they aren't all done, and since I don't know when I'll have a translation for them all, I prefer to keep them on hold, otherwise people will get the wrong idea, and think that I've found translators when I have nobody right now.
    So far, a few people applied, but stopped or didn't submit anything yet.

Also, my CT website now has an english section. There's nothing much, and it'll be updated, by I'm currently giving priority to the scanlation.

Now, for people who don't want to be spoiled, I'd suggest NOT TO READ PAST THIS POINT.
    I'm posting spoiler pics so people can do wild guesses and predictions on future chapters. So, obviously the pictures are spoilers, and people are going to talk about the spoiler pics

Spoiler: Spoiler pic 1 show

Spoiler: Spoiler pic 2 show

Spoiler: Spoiler pic 3 show

Spoiler: Spoiler pic 4 show

Spoiler: Spoiler pic 5 show

Spoiler: Spoiler pic 6 show

Spoiler: Spoiler pic 7 show

Spoiler: Spoiler pic 8 show

Hope you'll have things to discuss about these!!
    Last edited by Yabe; January 01, 2010 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Corrected Shinji's link

2. Thanks 9 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner sita's Avatar
    Country
    Iran
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: About the scanlation and future chapters

I’m getting fired up by these pics
    Really I have no Idea what is going to happen in second half by seeing such astonishment from audiences,the only thing is come to my mind is that they are seeing something huge, I mean a huge player.
    I’ve already laugh at this ridiculous idea, so you can do too….

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Bahrain
    Post Thanks / Like

what makes the first pic hard to predict is ,

taro's father and doctor being surprised (Implies Misaki is the one)
    Sawada (Implies either wakashimazu or sorimachi or perhaps hyuga on the field)

and since i know the surprise is about whom , i will keep my mouth shut

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

You know, there's more than just one pic >_>

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abo3omar's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Since I already read your very old summaries, the things that took my mind were Santana and Hino's. I really, really, totally forgot about Santana...so is it now Santana vs Tsubasa? And Hino...I would've said that maybe it's a hope that he comes to Japan, but unfortunately his hate thoughts to Japan were very obvious in World Youth..
    In ThE NaMe Of God..Allah..I BeGiN & EnD All My PoStS
    Abdulqader Zeniddeen

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there a match between Real Madrid and Valencia in the future chapters? Any predictions for the outcome of this match? You can spoil me if this match already occured in the future chapters

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chaos_master's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Look at all the pwetty pictures

Oh, right, you wanted people to say stuff about them

Picture 1:
    OMG Nitta is running around celebrating his goal!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh wait ... he's not ... he's not even in the PIC

So we've got Misaki's doctor, Misaki's father and a former teammate of Misaki. Does something seem repetitive? Now what it could be, I have no idea. Misaki in goal?

Picture 2:
    OMG NITTA!!!!
    Damn, wrong again

So we've got Misaki ... again ... am I reading the wrong manga? As for the other guy, he's probably based on JJ Okocha, whom I can remember very very little about, him being at his prime, before I developed a real interest in football. Seems to have a good shot though, hope it's named (and NOT the Ochado Shoot please!) and has something special in it.

Picture 3:
    *peeks* Nitta?
    *Guy 1* It's our turn.
    *chaos* No, it's Nitta's turn damn it! And a guy named East playing in West Ham? The puns must be killing ya
    *Guy 2 says stuff and is not Nitta*
    *chaos has heard of his team ... and nothing more*
    *Guy 3* Let's ...
    *chaos* See Nitta scooooooooooore!
    *Guy 4* GO!
    *chaos*

Picture 4:
    Two guys arguing, you say? By chance, could one be Nitta? Please? Pretty please? Handgun-pressed-against-your-forehead please?

Guess not ... *BANG*

Oh wait, it's BObang.

Picture 5:
    Nah, this one ain't gonna be Nitta either so, I'm gonna ski- OMG HINOOOOO!!!!

Long time no see Really hope it's not just one page showing him scoring. I want to see him in a match against Diaz! Yes Diaz, the guy who we haven't really seen in a match since the Junior Youth in France and who is based on one of the greatest footballers of all time! And no, the one-shot doesn't count, I want to know what the hell has been going on with him and how he plans on surpassing Tsubasa.

Picture 6:
    That must be it - I'm reading Captain Misaki! *resists urge to put Misaki in a boxing outfit with a bloody nose in Photoshop and post the pic under the "You aren't a fighter!" tag*

Misaki must be having a tough time trying NOT to be Tsubasa. Guess someone is giving him a speech how he SHOULD be like Tsubasa if he wants recognition.

Picture 7:
    Oh, and in case you were wondering, I've given up on seeing Nitta

Santana? That's even better!!! Well ... not really, but at least it's not Misaki again.

This must be the pic that has drawn the most of my attention.
    1. Valencia are second, which is nice to know, given how Santana was made to look like a direct opponent to Tsubasa for the best player in the world position.
    2. Interesting how they are 4 points behind the leaders, which should be Real. Wonder who has stopped them since dropping points to Barca and given Santana's impressive scoring spree.
    3. Santana's impressive scoring spree. NICE!
    4. Fersio Torres? Oh how I want to see him in a match! After all, he does grow up to be one of the best strikers in the world.
    5. Erm ... who ARE Valencia playing?

Picture 8:
    A guy who I'm not really interested in and who is not Nitta ....
    The day Naruto manga FAILED made funny ==> Chapter 448 Crack

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't Fernando Torres a fan of this series before deciding to be a footballer?
    Last edited by Bowser; December 07, 2009 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Didnt need to be a spoiler

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Bowser: No need to make a spoiler for that >_>
    Yes, it's common knowledge that Fernando Torres was a fan of Captain Tsubasa.

chaos_master: Actually, Nitta is in the first pic Can't you see him going towards the pitch? You should be ashamed

Of course the shot has a name... The J J Shoot! Anyway, despite the fact that Nitta isn't on the Nigeria pics, it's also supposed to give you an idea of their level.

About Hino, Captain Tsubasa only depicts events where the japanese protagonists are. It's been the case for more than 60 volumes. So either you'll see Hino against Diaz and Hino will become a main protagonist by joining the japanese team (and you can kiss Nitta good-bye), or... It's something else.

About Valencia's opponent, you should pay more attention instead of searching for Nitta (and fail, seeing how you missed him in the first pic )

As for Igawa Hayato... Well, maybe he isn't Nitta, but seeing him implies things, just like Hino...

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot, yeah, Captain Misaki... Did you know that he was ranked first in the All-Star poll?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abo3omar's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm..can u spoil more about Hino? or did it just stop there?

Oh, now I have a guess..Hino may be powering up for his future match against Japan (Hyuga)
    Last edited by abo3omar; December 08, 2009 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    In ThE NaMe Of God..Allah..I BeGiN & EnD All My PoStS
    Abdulqader Zeniddeen

Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shinji View Post
    chaos_master: Actually, Nitta is in the first pic Can't you see him going towards the pitch? You should be ashamed
    I blame your low-res pic

Of course the shot has a name... The J J Shoot! Anyway, despite the fact that Nitta isn't on the Nigeria pics, it's also supposed to give you an idea of their level.
    In that case, it's a mid-level European level, since apart from Stuttgard, all the other teams aren't anything special What that means is that Japan will likely find it incredibly hard to score against them now, but if Tsubasa pops up, it will be a piece of cake scoring.

About Hino, Captain Tsubasa only depicts events where the japanese protagonists are. It's been the case for more than 60 volumes. So either you'll see Hino against Diaz and Hino will become a main protagonist by joining the japanese team (and you can kiss Nitta good-bye), or... It's something else.
    I don't remember anyone Japanese being in Argentina and since Hino already made up his mind who he's going to play for, I don't have the faintest idea what else then showing his pure awesomeness Taka could be aiming for

About Valencia's opponent, you should pay more attention instead of searching for Nitta (and fail, seeing how you missed him in the first pic )
    Well Valencia are playing the "third team" and I don't see it mentioned anywhere which that is. Given Barca's bad run in the beginning of the championship, I'd be a bit surprised if they're up to third.

As for Igawa Hayato... Well, maybe he isn't Nitta, but seeing him implies things, just like Hino...
    Don't have the slightest interest in that character, sorry.

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot, yeah, Captain Misaki... Did you know that he was ranked first in the All-Star poll?
    Good for him ... doesn't mean I like him any more though

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaos_master View Post
    In that case, it's a mid-level European level, since apart from Stuttgard, all the other teams aren't anything special
    Looks like you're forgetting Ochado. Notice that he doesn't wear the Nigerian uniform in the picture.

but if Tsubasa pops up, it will be a piece of cake scoring.
    And that's not supposed to happen since they've said it in the first chapter. Now maybe there are some interesting predictions to make, don't you think?

I don't have the faintest idea what else then showing his pure awesomeness Taka could be aiming for
    Come on, it's easy to make wild guesses.

Well Valencia are playing the "third team" and I don't see it mentioned anywhere which that is.
    Read again. Carefully. My posts as well, if you really can't see it.

Don't have the slightest interest in that character, sorry.
    You don't have to be interested in him to guess what it's implying for the storyline.

Good for him ... doesn't mean I like him any more though
    Same comment as the one above.

It's good to have a favorite character (or many), but you shouldn't start being disinterested in anything else but him/them, or the manga will greatly lose its interest.
    I'm a fan of Matsuyama, that doesn't mean that what can happen to the other characters and how that will influence the japanese team isn't interesting. I hate the futsal combi, that doesn't mean I can't predict anything about them, or can't have any wishes related to them.

And I'm talking to you here, but really, that's a comment for everyone.

Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you're forgetting Ochado. Notice that he doesn't wear the Nigerian uniform in the picture.
    don't know the uniform actually, but it doesn't take a genius to deduct it must be a team from a higher class. And besides, I was addressing the back four only, hence why I talked only about scoring against Nigeria.
    And that's not supposed to happen since they've said it in the first chapter. Now maybe there are some interesting predictions to make, don't you think?
    Well, I was avoiding making a prediction in the first post, since I was trying to make it funny, plus I wanted to keep that for when we got there with the scans, but if you insist ...

The match will most likely end in a draw. Here's why:
    a) Tsubasa won't play and Nigeria has been made to look really strong, so it would be silly if they didn't get something
    b) Japan lose very very rarely and I don't think this will be the case
    c) If the above isn't convincing enough, given most have gone through the entire CT to have gut feelings about these things, consider Misaki. Direct confrontation with JJ, him being accused of not having a fighting spirit, Tsubasa not playing ... it has "Misaki will explode" written all over it. In fact, I'm leaving a bit of room to change my prediction once the game progresses to a potential Japan win just because of this.

Given the "spoilers" Shinji posted, this is my prediction at the moment and is subject to change as we get to see the game unfold.

Come on, it's easy to make wild guesses.
    Well I did and you outright buried it But I'm not gonna give up that easily:

Guess 1: Hyuga has come to watch the game or is watching it on TV. Ryoma is his rival and is an established player, while Kojiro is still not a first team player. The guy needs to get a little screen time too
    Guess 2: Some kind of summary of the players about to take part in the Olympics qualifications. Given Shinji's comment about it having connections to Japan, I doubt it, but hey - I'm guessing
    Guess 3: This being part of the Copa Libertadores with the Japanese playing in Brazil (forgot his name) about to take part in the game.
    Guess 4: Gamo making yet another effort to convince Hino to come and play for Japan OR simply watching him from the stands after his trip to Brazil.

Read again. Carefully. My posts as well, if you really can't see it.
    Well, it must be Barca, but you have to take it from the order in which the teams are named in the first panel, which isn't that obvious. If that's the case, the 'First half of matches are over' implies we won't get to see any action from that ... which is kind of a let down. That again, we have seen 2 Santana versus Tsubasa confrontations already and we all know how much editors like seeing repetitive stuff, so it's safe to assume we won't see much action in the game. Barca to win, since Tsubasa has to catch up to Naturezza and Real.

Btw, it should be 'The first halves of the matches are over'

You don't have to be interested in him to guess what it's implying for the storyline.
    Will save comments for when we get there. Seriously - that character is completely uninteresting to me

It's good to have a favorite character (or many), but you shouldn't start being disinterested in anything else but him/them, or the manga will greatly lose its interest.
    I'm a fan of Matsuyama, that doesn't mean that what can happen to the other characters and how that will influence the japanese team isn't interesting. I hate the futsal combi, that doesn't mean I can't predict anything about them, or can't have any wishes related to them.
    As I said, my initial post was supposed to be funny (which didn't seem to work, given the total lack of "LOLs" and smiling icons) and that's why I didn't make much predictions. This post will clear allegations of me being interested solely in one or two characters ... I hope

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast