Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 96

Thread: About the scanlation and future chapters

  1. #16
    Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shinji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,736
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: About the scanlation and future chapters

    Quote Originally Posted by chaos_master View Post
    Btw, it should be 'The first halves of the matches are over'
    Are you sure? For me, halves sounds like all of the matches first-halves are over. Not that the first half of all the season/liga's matches are over.

    Anyway... Yes, your post was funny, sorry for not pointing it out, it's just that I was disappointed to see so few... Reactions. Not just from you, but... Well. It's just me I guess.

  2. #17
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chaos_master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    588
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: About the scanlation and future chapters

    Oh, sorry, misunderstood, I though you wanted it to mean that just the first half of each match played at the moment was over. However, despite you trying to keep it as close as possible to the original sounding, I think a bit of creativity for this particular sentence is in order. It just ... doesn't sound good to me. Maybe change it to 'The first half of the season's matches are over'.

    I too am finding the lack of forum activity disappointing, given what it was at one point. But I guess you can't blame people after such a long period of no new releases and however you look at it - interest does drop, despite fandom.

    Hope my predictions and the little discussion you and I had adds some fuel to the fire and spawns a few responses
    The day Naruto manga FAILED made funny ==> Chapter 448 Crack

  3. #18
    Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shinji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,736
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: About the scanlation and future chapters

    Anyway, I'll just say a few things... Maybe some people wil react.

    Kira mentioned the possibility to have other players, among them, RJ players, World Youth members, and overage players...
    We currently have 10 members for the RJ11.
    We're gonna have a Japan vs Nigeria match. Aoi is japanese and Bobang is nigerian...
    If Ochado is really inspired from someone... Maybe some facts can be found about him.
    The japanese team rarely lose. What happens though, outside of competitions, in say, friendly matches, training matches for Japan when Tsubasa isn't here? When they face future opponents too early on?
    Oh, the tables we could do, counting the points for the liga, with the few elements we have... Can Barcelona really catch up?

  4. #19
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner booga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: About the scanlation and future chapters

    Thank you for the spoilers, Shinji. BTW I'm trying to wait for your wonderful chapters , although I'm very intrigued by these pics.
    Talking about the spoiler I can only say:
    Spoiler show

  5. #20
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abo3omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Jordan-->Amman-->Tabarbour
    Country
    Jordan
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    950
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: About the scanlation and future chapters

    Chaos..sorry for not LOOOLing at your funny post..I was dead laughing and the dead can't LOL in a thread. Oh well maybe I wasn't, I was at work when I read it ><
    In ThE NaMe Of God..Allah..I BeGiN & EnD All My PoStS
    Abdulqader Zeniddeen


  6. #21
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner booga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: About the scanlation and future chapters

    Ahhh..it's true. Forgive me too, chaos..I liked your post very much but I forgot to add some lol to my comments..here they are: lol lol lol

  7. #22
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chaos_master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    588
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: About the scanlation and future chapters

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinji View Post
    Kira mentioned the possibility to have other players, among them, RJ players, World Youth members, and overage players...
    We currently have 10 members for the RJ11.
    If I have the time today, I'll reread Golden 23 from the top and give a more well-informed response.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinji View Post
    We're gonna have a Japan vs Nigeria match. Aoi is japanese and Bobang is nigerian...
    Hmmm, I thought the guys playing in Europe had team obligations and wouldn't come for the friendlies or for the qualifications for that matter. It does seem like Aoi and Bobang will face off though, which makes me wonder if Akai, Wakabayashi and Hyuga have a chance of coming back for the game too. The obvious confrontation between Akai and Bobang will be interesting, considering they have different playstyles. What really got me thinking is the reason why they will be allowed to participate and if it will allow the other three I mentioned above to make an appearance in the game.

    Akai - Seen too little of him and really want to have him take part in the game. Jito was injured in this friendly, so this might just be reason enough to give Akai more screen time.
    Wakabayashi - A bit conflicted as to what his presence or absence from the game will contribute to. If he doesn't play, Wakashimazu will get a chance to shine again or we could see some of the other keepers get to show their stuff. If he does play, with his SGGK legend and all, Nigeria will have a hellishly hard time scoring. That again, with all the hype from the pictures, I think Japan will get it handed to them throughout most of the game and a super keeper might just be what they need in order not to lose by a margin.
    Hyuga - He's the one I think is least likely to come back and am only mentioning him, since he needs some screen time after his move to Reggina. His improved balance would be nice to see in a game and a substitute appearance against Nigeria in a dire moment for the Japanese team would give a lot of the fandom something to cheer about, not to mention giving him a rare moment of stardom with Tsubasa not around.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinji View Post
    If Ochado is really inspired from someone... Maybe some facts can be found about him.
    Assuming he really is based on Jay Jay Okocha, here's a quick overview of the real player's profile:

    Augustine Azuka "Jay-Jay" Okocha is a Nigerian former footballer who played as an attacking midfielder. He is known for his stepovers, skill and technique.*

    In 1996 Okocha became a member of an arguably more successful Nigerian side, their Olympic gold winning side at the Atlanta Games.**

    Teams he has played for:
    1990–1992 Borussia Neunkirchen
    1992–1996 Eintracht Frankfurt
    1996–1998 Fenerbahçe
    1998–2002 Paris Saint-Germain***
    2002–2006 Bolton Wanderers


    * Does seem like Ochado is based on him, doesn't it? And with a playstyle like that, he will be really fun to watch!

    ** This is a line that really removed a lot of my doubt. Seems pretty sure he IS actually based on Okocha, which brings us to ...

    *** This must be the team in the picture given the time Golden 23 was released in and some faint memories of PSG's sponsor. Now this makes his confrontation with Misaki all the more interesting - Ochado playing for the French champions at the time! We all know Misaki has a thing for France and has an interesting rivalry with Pierre, so taking it to the next level with a player from another French team is very logical. However, I am not 100% certain this is the uniform Ochado is wearing, so I'd like Shinji to confirm it If so, a new super-rivalry will be born ...
    MISAKI VS OCHADO

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinji View Post
    The japanese team rarely lose. What happens though, outside of competitions, in say, friendly matches, training matches for Japan when Tsubasa isn't here? When they face future opponents too early on?
    You mean what happens when Tsubasa isn't around Even so, this time Misaki's reputation is at stake and with this the last friendly before the real games start, I don't think Japan will lose. That again, with all the hype Nigeria got, I think a draw is the most logical score. Maybe Nigeria will turn out to underestimate Japan in the course of the game or will have a key player missing/kept secret and this will make them seem worthy opponents of Japan for the Olympics even when they have Tsubasa. Still, I don't think they will ever meet again. We all know what happens when we've seen a game - evil editors say fans wouldn't like the same thing twice and tell the author to change/skip it This also adds to my speculations that Japan won't lose.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinji View Post
    Oh, the tables we could do, counting the points for the liga, with the few elements we have... Can Barcelona really catch up?
    Yes - they have Tsubasa and Rivaul and the CT logic shall prevail once more
    The day Naruto manga FAILED made funny ==> Chapter 448 Crack

  8. #23
    Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shinji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,736
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: About the scanlation and future chapters

    Now, that's more like what I expected to read here... Even if I had to force it out of ya

    Quote Originally Posted by chaos_master View Post
    Hmmm, I thought the guys playing in Europe had team obligations and wouldn't come for the friendlies or for the qualifications for that matter.
    They just said that it was for the friendlies. But indeed, you'd need a good reason for the oversea players to come back. Another thing to ponder. Apart from screen time I mean, the author still needs a good damn reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by chaos_master View Post
    so I'd like Shinji to confirm it
    Sorry... Can't confirm anything! Actually, you could be wrong on everything you said
    Say, what if Ochado is indeed playing for PSG and will be instead Misaki's future partner? Misaki's playing in france starting with CT3, and he's a PSG player in CT5

    Quote Originally Posted by chaos_master View Post
    and with this the last friendly before the real games start
    Is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by chaos_master View Post
    Still, I don't think they will ever meet again. We all know what happens when we've seen a game - evil editors say fans wouldn't like the same thing twice and tell the author to change/skip it
    Not the same thing. Skipping is for matches that were already won: Japan won against Italy in he Jr. Youth Int. and Holland in Holland Youth. So the rematches in World Youth were skipped.
    However, when they suffer a loss, they always have a chance for a rematch: Loss against Meiwa, victory against Meiwa. Loss against Holland, victory against Holland (all in Holland Youth). Loss against RJ, victory against RJ.
    Then again, a draw would be more surprising than a loss since Japan is usually always suffering a loss or losses at the beginning (1-5 against Hamburg, 2-3 against Bremen, 0-6 and 0-7 against Holland, 2-3, 0-5, 0-6 against RJ)

    Quote Originally Posted by chaos_master View Post
    Yes - they have Tsubasa and Rivaul and the CT logic shall prevail once more
    Then again, the CT logic may need a reason...

  9. #24
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abo3omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Jordan-->Amman-->Tabarbour
    Country
    Jordan
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    950
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: About the scanlation and future chapters

    Your argument is really interesting..ignore our side posts please, we're enjoying.

    Oh, you already are ignoring them..oh well..it's ok
    In ThE NaMe Of God..Allah..I BeGiN & EnD All My PoStS
    Abdulqader Zeniddeen


  10. #25
    Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shinji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,736
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: About the scanlation and future chapters

    No one's preventing you from taking part in it.

  11. #26
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abo3omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Jordan-->Amman-->Tabarbour
    Country
    Jordan
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    950
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: About the scanlation and future chapters

    Really? :P
    In ThE NaMe Of God..Allah..I BeGiN & EnD All My PoStS
    Abdulqader Zeniddeen


  12. #27
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chaos_master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    588
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: About the scanlation and future chapters

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinji View Post
    They just said that it was for the friendlies. But indeed, you'd need a good reason for the oversea players to come back. Another thing to ponder. Apart from screen time I mean, the author still needs a good damn reason.
    For Aoi and Bobang, given they play in a low division, this match could be far more productive and their coaches might see it that way. Or they could be reduced to substitutes and hence why the coaches might decide there is no need to conserve them.

    The above are based around the idea it's not some kind of break in the season's matches. If it is, there would be no need for a better reason However, if that were the case, Hyuga would undoubtedly be able to return too, as well as Akai and possibly Wakabayashi and Tsubasa.

    Spoiler show

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinji View Post
    Sorry... Can't confirm anything! Actually, you could be wrong on everything you said
    That would be a let down for my analyzing skills ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinji View Post
    Say, what if Ochado is indeed playing for PSG and will be instead Misaki's future partner? Misaki's playing in france starting with CT3, and he's a PSG player in CT5
    That doesn't contradict my theory in any way does it? Them being in the same team still makes them rivals. And it also means they should have a great match up against each other in the friendly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinji View Post
    Is it?
    Isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinji View Post
    Not the same thing. Skipping is for matches that were already won: Japan won against Italy in he Jr. Youth Int. and Holland in Holland Youth. So the rematches in World Youth were skipped.
    However, when they suffer a loss, they always have a chance for a rematch: Loss against Meiwa, victory against Meiwa. Loss against Holland, victory against Holland (all in Holland Youth). Loss against RJ, victory against RJ.
    Then again, a draw would be more surprising than a loss since Japan is usually always suffering a loss or losses at the beginning (1-5 against Hamburg, 2-3 against Bremen, 0-6 and 0-7 against Holland, 2-3, 0-5, 0-6 against RJ)
    I'm only expressing my personal expectations here, but I don't think we'll see another Nigeria - Japan match. Ever! Same thing about Denmark.

    And I'm repeating myself here, but with the hype you've built up with those pics of the Nigerian players I expect them to be a very worthy side, while at the same time Misaki leading the team and being forced to prove his worth, him losing would be a major letdown. Hence my prediction - a draw and both sides with something left to prove.
    The day Naruto manga FAILED made funny ==> Chapter 448 Crack

  13. #28
    Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shinji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,736
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: About the scanlation and future chapters

    abo3omar: Really. I've said it was for people to react. Not just for one person. But of course you won't take part in a discussion like this if you only say one word.

    chaos_master: The coach was pissed when Wakabayashi overlapped when the instruction was to defend, in the Hamburg-Bayern match of Road to 2002. There was also a newspaper. But hey, you should search a bit as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by chaos_master View Post
    That doesn't contradict my theory in any way does it?
    Nope, it's just another thing to discuss about... With all the talk of a champions league from Road to 2002 and the one-shots... What'll be the teams, their players... What'll the tournament look like...

    Quote Originally Posted by chaos_master View Post
    while at the same time Misaki leading the team and being forced to prove his worth, him losing would be a major letdown.
    Note that even if Hyuga proved his worth, Japan Jr. Youth still lost to Hamburg Jr. Youth...

    However, I also think that there won't be another Japan versus Nigeria match, in Golden-23 anyway. Probably. That's yet another thing, who'll be the opponents, who'll be the players and so on...

    'Cause what the manga is showing now may be elements to fuel past discussions... RJ11, CL, the opponents of the olympics, tranfers...
    Last edited by Shinji; December 09, 2009 at 06:52 AM.

  14. #29
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,104
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: About the scanlation and future chapters

    Picture 8...Igawa

    Quote Quote:
    Kira mentioned the possibility to have other players, among them, RJ players, World Youth members, and overage players..
    He must play a part in this then! Confirmation? I mean, whats the point of mentioning an overage player if he has no part to play?

  15. #30
    Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shinji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,736
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: About the scanlation and future chapters

    Maybe... Maybe not. But if him and Soga are joining, Ishizaki isn't the only one in trouble...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts