Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Manga that deserves its own anime

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Manga that deserves its own anime

Quote Originally Posted by Drmke View Post
    I Am A Hero, Dorohedoro, and Saint Young Men deserve proper adaptions more than any other

Also, anyone else think it's time for a Gantz remake? Maybe by a different director...
    A St. Young Men movie is coming out in May:

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Yuyunarutoballz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by steadynco View Post
    It was alright up until the made up ending. I would really like a new anime which captures the vampires and Izumi in all their glory, since the film adaptation failed MISERABLY in doing this.

Battle Royale for sure, it deserves one and I'm certain it will get one eventually. Hopefully minimal censorship of Mitsuko too lol.

What about the horror manga Uzumaki? There has been a film adaptation but I think an anime series could cover the story fairly well, since it consists of short stories (with all bringing the overarching plot forward).

Steel Ball Run (JoJo's Bizarre Adventures) would also make for a fantastic anime series.
    Oh yeah, i forgot about Uzamaki and if it got a TV deal on like Adult Swim or something i'm sure it could be popular in the states seeing as the episodes would be more or less Episodic like Samurai Champloo, Case Closed, and Hell Girl, so technically you wouldn't have to catch every episode every single week to still be able to follow the story and enjoy it.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member <.Haruka.>'s Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Yandere Kanojo should have an anime even it will be as short as chitose get you & chibi devi!.
    The series is somewhat similar to yankee-kun to megane-chan but shorter by release since its more on 4-koma style.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member steadynco's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yuyunarutoballz View Post
    Oh yeah, i forgot about Uzamaki and if it got a TV deal on like Adult Swim or something i'm sure it could be popular in the states seeing as the episodes would be more or less Episodic like Samurai Champloo, Case Closed, and Hell Girl, so technically you wouldn't have to catch every episode every single week to still be able to follow the story and enjoy it.
    Yeah, Samurai Champloo pulled this off pretty well....every episode they moved further down south and you only really need to watch the first and the last few episodes to get the main story. That's not to say that everything in between was filler crap, because it wasn't. Every episode introduced a new mini-story, revealed more about each character (eg. Mugen being illiterate) and showed how the trio worked together as a team. Lots of humour and FANTASTIC music as well. Uzumaki would be a success if it could follow suit.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Even though it's a mahnwa, I think it would be nice if Tower of God got animated. The webtoon resembles a storyboard for an anime/cartoon already so I'm sure it won't be too difficult to adapt on screen.

I think the action scenes would look brilliant in motion.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    Even though it's a mahnwa, I think it would be nice if Tower of God got animated. The webtoon resembles a storyboard for an anime/cartoon already so I'm sure it won't be too difficult to adapt on screen.

I think the action scenes would look brilliant in motion.
    Do any of those get anime or other adaptations, at least of the few I follow the one on swimming...thats like Free! is getting a live action movie, and some BL one I read also got one I think.

-

I would want The Flow Stream to get one (probably my favorite, school and being able to use magical abilities)) and Soul Cartel (action would look great for Mephistos attacks)

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    Do any of those get anime or other adaptations, at least of the few I follow the one on swimming...thats like Free! is getting a live action movie, and some BL one I read also got one I think.
    Hmm, I really don't know.

I tried to think of anime series that are turned into a manga, but often times the anime were adapted from a light novel (GOSICK & Durarara).

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    I tried to think of anime series that are turned into a manga, but often times the anime were adapted from a light novel (GOSICK & Durarara).
    Cowboy bebop is anime series, lately adapted to manga. I love its soundtrack.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Artists of MH 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FaustXIII's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

20th Century Boys

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member perspherspley's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Noblesse, Terra Formars, The Breaker series, and Until Death Do Us Part really need to have an anime of their own.
    Terra Formars and Until Death Do Us Part has more chance out of four, since they are japanese manga, compared to the two... sigh... I really wish they would have their own anime.
    May Death never stop you.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shaman King Flowers definitely needs an anime, after reading it it seems perfect for one, especially its action scenes. A great studio would really do wonders with many of its larger than life moments.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

New Reply
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10