Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/6/14 - 10/12/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last: Naruto the Movie

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Suzaku's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Last: Naruto the Movie

Full translation of the announcement article. If you want to repost this, just credit me as the source.

Quote Quote:
    Narupro: Naruto Project
    The first movie in two years will be The Last!?

A new look for Naruto, drawn by Masashi Kishimoto sensei!!

NARUTO

The Naruto Project finally gets started—!!
    15 years after the series started in 1999, a Naruto project of unprecedented scale is taking off! As its first entry, we're pleased to announce the first new movie in two long years!

Naruto: Start of a New Era Project
    We got our hands on some rough sketches by Kishimoto sensei!
    ← Looking at his collar, it gives a more formal impression than his usual attire.
    What's up with Naruto's appearance...!?
    → He has a toned physique and his hair is cropped short. His facial features have also matured, and he wears a look of confidence.

Original concept, character designs, and complete story supervision by Masashi Kishimoto sensei!!

In theaters Saturday, December 6, 2014!!

Announcing the title of the first new movie in two years: The Last: Naruto the Movie!!
    Stay tuned for more information!

It's a must-see, you know!?

A teaser trailer will debut during the Thursday, June 31 broadcast of the anime!!
    Check out an early 15-second cut of the trailer that'll be hitting theaters on Friday, August 1!

Naruto Shippuden airs every Thursday at 7:30PM on TV Tokyo!!

News flash!

Naruto Expo Coming in 2015!!
    More details to be announced at a later date!!

Official movie website ▶ http://www.naruto-movie.com/
    Last edited by Suzaku; July 23, 2014 at 03:43 PM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Last: Naruto the Movie

According to ANN, it's part of that larger project (new era) that celebrates the anniversary.

It's not the start of a "new era". Although, it's not impossible it would set the bases of a "new era" for the manga if we have a timeskip and not an epilogue at the end of this arc.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The project's title (新時代開幕) literally translates as "raising the curtain on a new era," though apart from this movie which appears to be set at some point in the future, there's currently no indication of what this "new era" of Naruto media will entail or what it means for the future of the franchise.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The new era reaaly does sound like it will be the ending of Naruto...
    I think it will serve as epilogue.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've updated the OP with a complete translation of the announcement article.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So with Kishi being heavily involved in this project, could this be possibly be considered canon?

I say this because Toriyama is continuing his DBZ story through movies , so is Kishi going the same route?

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rikudobito's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto2011 View Post
    So with Kishi being heavily involved in this project, could this be possibly be considered canon?

I say this because Toriyama is continuing his DBZ story through movies , so is Kishi going the same route?
    We'll see, Kishi was involved with the road to ninja movie as well but it was not that 'canon' as much as we know.

I suppose that you could say so, I expect him to take the same route. Though I'd want Naruto & Sasuke to keep their recent powers in the movies, maybe they will fight in the upcoming movies or some new foes coming from outer space and maybe this foes have a connection as to why Kaguya was willing to build herself an army of WZ, it may also lead to Madara's comeback as well.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudobito View Post
    We'll see, Kishi was involved with the road to ninja movie as well but it was not that 'canon' as much as we know.

I suppose that you could say so, I expect him to take the same route. Though I'd want Naruto & Sasuke to keep their recent powers in the movies, maybe they will fight in the upcoming movies or some new foes coming from outer space and maybe this foes have a connection as to why Kaguya was willing to build herself an army of WZ, it may also lead to Madara's comeback as well.
    As was Toriyana with previous DBZ films, it just seems Kishi is far more involved in this project than he was with any other

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think its too early to say if it could be canon or not, what if the movie is just a dream sequence or result of some time space genjutsu?

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Devil_Beast1109's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, given that this is just 1 part of a larger project, which just happens to be named Start of a New Era, I think it's safe to assume it will serve as some sort of epilogue or continuation to the series after the defeat of Kaguya.
    95% of all teens would go into a panic if Miley Cyrus was on a 100 foot building about to jump. Copy and paste this if you are one of the 5% who brought popcorn and invited friends.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

An epilogue eh? Could be interesting... So what age do you assume Naruto is in that pic? When Obito was fighting Naruto & co, he mentioned that the next day is the anniversary of Kushina's death/Naruto's birth. So was Naruto turning 17 at that particular instance or 18?

Someone said something about Naruto keeping his current powers. I'd say he absolutely should if this is an epilogue...Don't want the shifting around of powers Naruto might use that is completely unfamiliar to us, rather I'd like to see him develop his recent arsenal of abilities (A buttload of kekkei genkai).
    "Sasuke has never been selfish, he's only been self-centered"

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Devil_Beast1109's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    An epilogue eh? Could be interesting... So what age do you assume Naruto is in that pic? When Obito was fighting Naruto & co, he mentioned that the next day is the anniversary of Kushina's death/Naruto's birth. So was Naruto turning 17 at that particular instance or 18?

Someone said something about Naruto keeping his current powers. I'd say he absolutely should if this is an epilogue...Don't want the shifting around of powers Naruto might use that is completely unfamiliar to us, rather I'd like to see him develop his recent arsenal of abilities (A buttload of kekkei genkai).
    If I recall correctly, Naruto told Minato that he was going to turn 16 the next day, I'll look for the chapter to be sure. As for the pic, he seems to be around 18 in that one, another 2 year timeskip seems appropriate.
    95% of all teens would go into a panic if Miley Cyrus was on a 100 foot building about to jump. Copy and paste this if you are one of the 5% who brought popcorn and invited friends.

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

He is seventeen. The next day is his birthday, so he will probably turn 18 in the series.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

The new Naruto look, looks just like obito xD

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Official websites are now up. The movie's tagline on the official poster is "Naruto, the Last Episode." There's also a section on the official site that states "the fate of everything will finally be decided."

They also include higher resolution images of Kishimoto's sketches:

Ichiraku Version

Mission Version

At 170 cm (or 173 cm?), he'd be about a half a head taller than he was in Shippuden.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast