Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: MW Bad Guys Scheme(s)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

MW Bad Guys Scheme(s)

had an long interesting thought about what Fates plan was since he's in the Magic World, so i'm tossing it up here for discussion, please bare with me that i'm summing up a few parts which i base my reasonings

What we know:

Fate didn't initially expect Negi to be around ( http://www.onemanga.com/Mahou_Sensei_Negima%21/187/14/ )

it was Fate's group that framed Negi for the Gateport collapse ( http://www.onemanga.com/Mahou_Sensei_Negima%21/222/06/ )

Fate have speficily noted interest in getting Asuna ( http://www.onemanga.com/Mahou_Sensei_Negima%21/222/16/ ) and have later gotten it

Fate tried to 'force' Negi into not combatting him by magic ( http://www.onemanga.com/Mahou_Sensei_Negima%21/229/09/ )

Seras demanded that Negi weren't turned over to Governor-General ( http://www.onemanga.com/Mahou_Sensei_Negima%21/251/16/ )

... which seems to have an unhealthy interest in Negi ( http://www.onemanga.com/Mahou_Sensei_Negima%21/252/09/ )

---

In my opinion Governor-General Kurt and Fate is working together, either under Kurts Command or a 3'rd party (Lifegiver prehaps?). Their mission is to rekindle the giant War from 20 years ago, aiming at a different outcome. Step 1 is to remove all links between the Magic World to the 'Old World', to stop intercepting forces from going on the enemies side from the Magic academies and villages around OW. Then they're going to provoke an assualt of some, not completely specified, kind doing or shortly after the festival, and hosting a blitzkrieg against some completely surprised enemies, which they win against with overwhelming forces before they manage to reform and face the Battle.

But the Tables played them a nasty trick when they noticed Negi being there which they hadn't expected, and since then they've been trying to keep him offbalance and without effecient ways to countercombat them, or rally a orgenized defense force. Primarily though first framing them for the gateport crash, and sending them litlerally 1000s of miles apart from each other. and then trying to trick them into a magical Geas, stopping them from joining the opposing side.

But Negi's arrivel also gave them a trump card which they're able to play. Asuna, lost princess of Ostia, which have some rather unique abilities, which when focused and chained to thier will, can help them pacify any enemy unit.

So basicly ... in my opinion Negi is in no way the reason that all this plays out ... but a joker which is likely the only one that can throw a spanner in their work, which they're all to well aware of. He basicly dropped into a largescale militant-political Xanatos Gambit of intrigue, against someone playing Speed-Chess

Futhermore ... my cookies is on a expy battle of the one going on 20 years ago, Asuna in the same possision as then and Negi and friendlies taking the roles of Ala Rubla.
    Last edited by Devilen; June 12, 2009 at 04:29 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eyesotope's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: MW Bad Guys Scheme(s)

Donet mentioned that what happened at the gateport suggested that there was someone from the magic world involved, so there is a good chance that it was the governor, although at this point I think it's also quite possible that the governor isn't working with Fate or any knowledge about him, just his own personal agenda..

the fact that Negi was framed for those attacks could be part of his plans or just a fortunate coincidence as far as he's concerned.. I'm in favour of him being involved though, but I don't think it's certain..

Eroge Danchou MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Xophien's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Regarding Fate's goal, my guess is that it's just like he said, "destroying the world", though in his opinion, he will "save the world". Given his reluctance to involve normal humans in the mess (as shown when Nodoka read his thoughts), I guess the world he wants to save is that of regular humans. So the world he wants to destroy? Given that he needs Asuna's magic cancel for that, I think he wants to destroy the world of magic, quite literally. the way I see it, the Mage of the Beginning that Nagi defeated was just as the name implied the first mage, and created the world of magic. Then for some reason (maybe because the contacts have been increasing between the old world and the world of magic in the last century, or because human mages were becoming too powerful), he planned to destroy the world of magic itself, by activating Asuna's magic cancel on a global scale, and created his Fate puppets for that sake.

Not sure how MM's governor fits in there, though. For some reason, I don't think he's in cahoots with Fate, I feel it'd be too simple.

Art by 双瀬 聖

Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

after reading 254, I'm leaning in favour of Fate and Godel (the governor person) not being in league with each other, but it can't be totally ruled out just yet.. somehow Godel doesn't seem to fit into Fate's 'our purpose' philosophy

as for the theories that suggest that Fate's plan is to destroy the magic world for whatever reason (saving the real world? ) seems to have some solid ground..

Fate seems to value the life of humans/old world inhabitants, but at the same time he seems to view magic wold citizens as no better than insects (he threatened to slaughter them in hundreds when he challenged Negi during the festival)
    then again all his followers with the possible exception of Tsukoyomi seem to come from MW.. why would they possibly help him if he really is aiming to destroy their world..

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner FuzzedPhear's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I am also of the opinion that Kurt and Fate are not in league with one another, or at least, have different end game plans for Negi. However, I'm also a bit trepidations about "Destroy the Magical World". I mean, look at what we know will happen in the future. Chao said Mars will become habitable. What if the magical world simply shifted into the current plain of reality, removing it from the alternate plain? Methinks that would be a very big exposure of magic. Not only that, such a fundamental exposure would cause massive disruption to everything. Especially if the Magical World evil peoples want to gain power in the Old World. Maybe that's the calamity that Chao was trying to prevent? Then again, didn't that sniper lady say that there was no calamity that she was trying to prevent? But maybe she didn't mention it because it was an inevitability? Didn't Negi say it was going to happen anyway, some "Theorem of Collapse" or some such nonsense? I'm confusing myself!! Someone help me!!
    I fear a Man of frugal Speech-
    I fear a Silent Man-
    Haranquer-I can overtake-
    Or Babbler-entertain

But he who weigheth-While the Rest
    Expend their furthest pound-
    Of this-I am wary-
    I fear that He is Grand

~Emily Dickinson

Phear the Fuzzy

Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

if you're referring to what Negi says here, then I can assure you; you're not the only one who's confused

we'll just have to hope that we'll get some explanations in Negi and Godel's next confrontation..

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

appears that its as good as vertified that Godel and Fate indeed is in league with each other

Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

looks like you jumped the gun after seeing the spoilers/raw but after reading cnet128's translation for ch246 it's still not for certain, Godel mentions "Fate Averruncus", "mage of the beginning", and "evil organization" but doesn't specify if he's cooperating with any of them..

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kuranzyan's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what Godel is trying to pull here, first he confuses Negi, then he prompts him to attack, then Rakan reveals some of the background of Godel, and now he's again playing mind games, before goading Negi into beating the crapjack out of him again.

Either he has a severe masochistic personality or he just enjoys playing mind games with people, putting his own safety on the line... Wait, that's basically the same thing!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking Godel like Herman before him is trying to get Negi to use the kill spell Negi has learned. Why I'm not sure but my guess would be that there is some major cost / drawback to using it and they need that to happen for their plans.

One other possible is that as Godel knows the current bounties are a setup that would fail in court or similar he may want Negi to seriously injure him to give him a legal way to arrest Negi. Again no idea why he would but possible.

One other idea I had regarding the collapse theory was that the gateports were acting as stabilizers for the planet so their destruction and the destruction of the last port at Ostia is what will cause the world to explode.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn, Kanzid, that actually makes sense... About the gateports I mean. I see one major flaw in Godel's plan actually, if Negi kills him in pure rage I don't think he's gonna arrest anyone... *chuckle*

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member fg7dragon's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

That's not it. The GAteports were destroyed in order to contain the destruction to the Mundus Magicus only. Oh, and if you've seen that spoiler for ch 265, I'm sure you'll agree that it will also contain Negi.
    http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/4/l_2689eeaa05ef4fbe97431b817c37274e.jpg

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I just had the craziest (okay, maybe not so crazy) idea.

What if the impending crisis cannot be averted and instead the 'imaginary' world of Mundus Magicus is permanently entrenched into the surface of Mars by Ala Alba and their allies?

I've been reading through most of the chapters from around 180 to the latest in boredom, and came to the conclusion that Cosmo Entelechia at least partially succeeds in 'destroying' the world.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member fg7dragon's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Mundus Magicus is placed halfway between the real world and another dimension. so they could theoretically move it in either one.
    http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/4/l_2689eeaa05ef4fbe97431b817c37274e.jpg

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member bebuxe's Avatar
    mmmm.... i can't tell??? it seems that i see trees after trees with wavying grass and a few birds...
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Confused Re: MW Bad Guys Scheme(s)

Here are things that are troubling me: (~I was initially sleepy while typing this so please bear my ranting, although I edited later~)

1) Ok, I understand the whole earth and new world vying for magic between each other in equal balance, and that the new world is primarily magic made to sustain people in mars. But is there even the slightest possibility to reproduce with the magically induced/created beings? If so, I can agree Nagi did copulate with the Arika and "thus the Springfields were born! Using their ultra-superpowers, Nekane, Negi, and N____, dedicated their lives to fight crime and the forces of evil." And that is if Arika or Nagi are one of those magical beings. If not ignore this dilemma, 'cause it means that Takamichi and Asuna may be puffs that can't copulate.

2) So Negi (the onion boy) came 10yrs. earlier than expected..., and now he must stop the insurrection of magic from dissipating into the old world.... Mmmm, what would happen to the "new world" if he had come not early..., or earth on that matter. And the Senators wish to do what? Play Cosmo Entelecheia all day without a care in the worlds? Who would supply the magic and how? Asuna!?! But how?

EDIT (new hypothesis start): I got it know... The original senators of Magical Mundus want only the best of what is for humans, Cosmo Entelecheia, but Fate's group want what is truly best for humans, to live in peace either in one planet or another (it seems the old world be his case). And so there was this aged old dispute of what should humans really do whether one planet dies or not. According to Chao Lingshen, Tethe'alla*1 would become habitable in the future (due to onion boy's decision), but does not mention if earth becomes inhabitable. She mentions bloodshed, but doesn't say where or how. Now, here Zazi-san is saying that the reason this project of outbalancing magic is to create this alt. reality game that all humans could join (or some). And since he came early, it means they planned on inviting him when it was done, or die refusing the offer (with other people at risk too). In this case, he is preventing the development (or finishing touches) of it, but at the risk of getting 67M people dead due to chaos of breaking the project and the spell done to ensure balance in magical mundus. MMMmmm, tough choice there kiddo.... So if Welsh Onion is a logical bast*, he would chose to stick with breaking this project, but thanks to the coming support of Magic Organization Turnip boy is in, most will be saved (whoo hoo!). (hypothesis ends)

3)But I wonder what kind blood will be shed if Butch*2 here goes on to fight Fate or better yet, the senators in the life-keepers place. Perhaps one of them will try to kill some of the classmates, or... Asuna. But again that could mean the 67M people will die or the rest of the old worlds population choice. I can see why Nagi's master gave up on Humanity over all..., there is much selfishness, but of course Nagi, like Negi will, proofed (late to his master) that that selfishness also leads to selflessness, if you have a little bit of courage.

PS
    waka waka waka

*1 Thethe'alla is the name of the moon in the Tales series. According to some ancient myths there is a another world that exist in the moon or on earth, but only few can access it. Humans and other creatures could be found there two, but it exist just in the border of ours. The theory in Negima about magical mundus uses a similar stance about the subject... But in this case, it is mars.... A quick look up on wiki about Norse Myth might help understand this subject, esp. the part about Yggdrasil and Ragnarök.
    *2 If you did not get the pun, Butch is Buttercups rival whom is male..., and evil. And Buttercups is slightly made more of onions than all the ingredients that makes little girls (I Know it is spice, but I was in the mood).
    Last edited by bebuxe; July 27, 2010 at 06:56 PM.

New Reply