Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: DGM Artbook: Noche

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member harmaa's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DGM Artbook: Noche

Absolutely amazing! There are some real treats hidden in here, like our first glimpse of certain characters at a younger age! I nearly screamed when I realized who one of them was >.>

Also, Coro is the cutest cat ever.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member aorin's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

Page 95! I would buy the book just for that page itself! Oh my god! They all look fantastic in their younger days! And the little Crows, wow, I totally didn't expect Hoshino to include them (the one with the same haircut as chibi Kanda... is he who I think he is?! Can't explain the eyes though, I thought that was exclusive only to the Thirds).

My only disappointment with the raw is that Fou was cut from the pink coloured slip during the scans since she stuck right in the middle. Oh well, all the more reason for me to go purchase a copy of my own...

I can look at this illustration book all day Right now, I'm going to sit back and read through Hoshino's comment on the illustrations.
    Last edited by aorin; February 04, 2010 at 12:58 AM.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

that same page who is the guy with Timcanpy....(p95), he smokes so i asume thats Cross? and his face is well, jagged teeth or scarring? hmm 14th?
    Last edited by ca12nag3; February 04, 2010 at 01:12 AM.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

^ I'm assuming that's Cross. I mean, with Timcanpy, the cigarette, ruffles and that evil smile, I don't really think it could be anyone else. In Hoshino's comment, she said that she had always wanted to draw young Komui and Jeryy, and that she believed that 'there must be Science Division's fans out there' and thus the rest of them were featured as well. *raises hand* YES, there's one Science division fan right here, so please keep them alive until the end of the manga!

Also, apparently, the Vol. 16 cover (with the Science division) is Hoshino's favourite cover. She also said that personally, she likes the Science division and the atmosphere in that picture 8D

Unrelated, but in terms of colouring, she likes Vol. 8 best (the one with Bak and Fou). And while it sports a monochrome colour in the manga, this was the first time she had a chance to colour Fou's 'sealed wall'.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I the only one that can't see the link? .-.

(Edit: I found it.)
    Last edited by vampiremiyu; February 04, 2010 at 01:36 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member harmaa's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aorin View Post
    OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

Page 95! I would buy the book just for that page itself! Oh my god! They all look fantastic in their younger days! And the little Crows, wow, I totally didn't expect Hoshino to include them (the one with the same haircut as chibi Kanda... is he who I think he is?! Can't explain the eyes though, I thought that was exclusive only to the Thirds).

95 is amazing. And I'm pretty sure that is indeed Link! I too had thought the marks were something the Thirds have, but perhaps they're made from makeup? I'd say that Link could have covered his to remain inconspicuous, but then he surely would have covered his forehead tattoos as well...

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by harmaa View Post
    95 is amazing. And I'm pretty sure that is indeed Link! I too had thought the marks were something the Thirds have, but perhaps they're made from makeup? I'd say that Link could have covered his to remain inconspicuous, but then he surely would have covered his forehead tattoos as well...
    Or it could be Link was transfered to another unit within the Crows, from the battle unit to an administrative unit, and he didn't need to retain the eye make-up anymore. Just like how he doesn't need to wear the same outfit as the rest of the Crows... Speculations though.

I'm still happy that Link made it to that page, now I'm beginning to imagine little Link cooking in the kitchen with an apron or something XD And Tokusa's goofy face there, pfft, so cute!
    Last edited by aorin; February 04, 2010 at 02:06 AM.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Well i think thats Link as well, looks ok, so this means they are recruited at realy young age? I already had the feeling Tevaks brother doesnt like Link all that much and seeing page95 im sure he dont like him :P
    Also Link was with Cross & Allen in that room whilst wearing the Crow uniform, so basicaly he didnt leave Crow hes just on a special mission. But what Link didnt know is that they transformed his former teammates into half-akuma.
    Also it seems there is more story to tell with Link, if you look at that picture you see Madarao looking over his shoulder ( and not with a friendly look), Link, Tevak looking at Link, and the always observant Tokusa in the back pondering with a smile. Its a realy nice piece of art and thats just 1 corner of the entire page! Also that little Lenalee with the wings thats nice ( i think its Lena lol)

Oh and the coloring on page 86 is just wow.
    Last edited by ca12nag3; February 04, 2010 at 02:22 AM.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

@ca12nag3: Hmm... I remember Kanda saying that members of the Crows are trained from a young age. And Madarao's glare over the shoulder thing, well, he seems to do that quite often, he did it once to Tokusa in last few chapters, so perhaps, it's not about liking or disliking Link, rather that is just how he is XD

Or we could go with the logic that Madarao doesn't like other guys around his baby sister, Tevaku. Where's Kiredori and Goushi anyway? :3

I wasn't implying that Link left the Crows. I was just guesing that the lack of eye make-up and different outfit was due to him being in a different unit or on a differrent duty than his teammates. It seems that he'll revert back to the Crows outfit when the situation calls for it (during the Cross and Allen convo). Just wondering why he didn't put on the eye make-up like the rest of his member.
    Last edited by aorin; February 04, 2010 at 02:37 AM.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps the makeup is only for active fighting duty, and as he now is more of an information gatherer... And i do think Madarao doesnt like anyone around his sister lol. Also he seems not the typ of guy thats a good laugh haha.

It could also be that Link personaly didnt agree with experimental crap so he got reasigned to HQ for duty with Lev, whilst the other Crow went on with what-ever they were doing.

Also i asume Tevak kinda sticks with her brother to suport him and that she lacks the conviction the others have. What else im thinking is how would Madarao feel about absorbing his own baby sister :S Thats just messed up lol. (If Link ever left for such a reason as not agreeing with the status quo hes right ) haha

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner MdNGhT's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Gaaaah! I can't see the link! D:

How do you see it?!

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

go to raw-paradise there is the raw

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner MdNGhT's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

O: thank you. You saved me from dying >_<

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member relory's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Could the girl with wings on page 95 by any chance be Hevlaska!? O_O She's so cute, and I first thought she was Linalee haha(or maybe she is?) :P

This definitly made my day(or rather, month together with chapter 191)! Hoshino is an amazing artist, and I simply love every page in this artbook, I'm soo going to buy this myself!
    Can't wait for a translation of Hoshino's daily life, and her interview with Obata! ^_^
    Last edited by relory; February 04, 2010 at 05:29 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Himehi's Avatar
    Country
    Paraguay
    Post Thanks / Like

Umh, in page 95, the guy behind Reever, is that Cross???

New Reply
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast