Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Will Yuma Succeed?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Falure, Cynthia Dies

2 9.09%
  • Falure, Cynthia Awakens

0 0%
  • Critical Falure, Both Die

2 9.09%
  • Critical Falure, Both Awaken

0 0%
  • Yuma Succeeds

8 36.36%
  • Total Success, Both Power Up

5 22.73%
  • Galatea Shows Up And Saves Them Both

5 22.73%
New Reply

Thread: Claymore Chapter 98-Bursting Into Tears

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore Chapter 98-Bursting Into Tears

Claymore Chapter 98: Bursting into Tears- Review
    Sorry about the lateness of this review. I've been horribly sick, and thus have not been able to work on it before this. Well anyways on with the show.
    And The Winners Are....
    No one. There was no prize. But here's the results of last Month's poll.
    One person cares about Raki, and wanted to see what happened to him. Someone else wanted to know where the hell Miria and Tabitha are, and if they are bringing help.
    Next, three each among you wanted to see the following
    Galatea. Well our lady of Rabona has a dedicated fan base, so I expected that.
    Riful's situation with Alicia. Of course some also want to see if the last Abyssal one is going to die or not.
    Cynthia and Yuma. The last we saw of these two they were in a heap of trouble, so it's fine if you were hoping to see if they made it.
    Four of you just wanted to see some Claymore, any Claymore action.
    Five wanted to go back to our heroine Claire and the buddy duo of Helen and Deneve, since last we saw of them they were surrounded by kitties.
    But the most votes, eight in all were those who wanted to continue right where we left off. As it is quite a few of us got what we wanted, as quite a few characters get checked in on. But sorry Galatea fans, maybe next time.

The Players- You know what, the hell with it this month. Too many characters running around, and I'm running late, so this gets cut for this month. I get time and anyone cares I'll go back and do it again.

Cynthia Goes To Pieces-

We open with Yuma Carrying a badly injured Cynthia, who is literally falling apart. Seems Cynthia shielded Yuma with her own body, and now is very badly injured. What's more is since she was already exhausted she lacks the Yoki to regenerate. Cynthia feels that her heart is the weakest of all the Ghosts, and that she can't resist awakening. So she asks Yuma to kill her. In the process we learn that Cynthia has always had massive survivors guilt for living when Veronica died. But Yuma refuses to accept this. She's going to try to synchronize her Yoki with Cynthia's.
    This gives us a huge amount of insight into Cynthia's character, doesn't it? Really it's not surprising to learn that she has survivors guilt, in all likelihood all the ghosts do. But as Yuma shows, even if the ghosts have trouble caring about their own lives, their comrades still care. Indeed Yuma is willing to risk everything in this attempt to help Cynthia. I really hope that she succeeds.

Riful's Respite-

As for Riful she's saved when Alicia senses the Danger that her twin is in. This doesn't bring much relief to Riful though as she senses Priscilla. And it seems Riful now believes that she was way off on her previous estimate of her foes strength. That's pretty damn impressive on Priscilla's part, and is likely going to cause big ripples in the manga. As for Riful and Dauf, if they're smart they may want to start looking to get as far away as possible.

The Twins Vs The Fallen Angel-

And now we get to the meat of the Chapter. Beth Kitty continues to try to attack Priscilla, and eventually makes the mistake of trying to bite her, which just costs her jaw. As for Priscilla, she still hasn't had to transform, and is still just fine. And she's showing her brains by anylizing Beth Kitties fighting style, but isn't too impressed. Alicia arrives, and awakens, and Priscilla fills us in on one thing. Apparently Alicia has been holding onto Beth's human mind via the soul link, and now that both have awakened at the same time neither can return to being human. Attacking in tandem the sisters seem to do great damage to Priscilla, but with her regeneration and power it's really nothing. What is something is Priscilla ripping Alicia's head off. Noting Beth's tears for her fallen twin Priscilla tells her not to worry as they'll be together again soon... And Claire senses the vast Yoki of Priscilla...
    Ahem, well this shows just how absurdly damn powerful Priscilla really is. Even two Abyssal class beings are nothing to her. In fact now I'm not sure how much trouble even the destroyer will give her. The other interesting thing is that Beth was indeed in control of her body even after being parisitized by the rod. It seems like it was a side effect of the soul link training, so this may not be a power just anyone can use. Now Claire, who it seems has won alongside Helen and Deneve, is beginning to sense Priscilla's presence. But just how will she react?

Winner of the Month-Priscilla.

After that picture do I really need to say anything?

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

2. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore Chapter 98-Bursting Into Tears

I picked "Galatea Shows up and Saves them Both", however, I think it will be Claire who will actually be the one to show up. She sensed Priscilla's yoki and will come to investigate. On the way there, she will sense the unstable yoki of Yuma and Cynthia and go to help them out.

I think most of our ghosts need a break. They have been fighting pretty constantly against various foes for some time now. It might be time to cut and run since most of them are tapped out right now. Claire, Deneve and Helen have been through at least one barrage of Catgirls and maybe two by now. Even if Claire discovers some new reservoir of yoki or instantly assimilates all of Rafaela's knowledge and becomes capable of fighting some more, the others will still be tapped out. It's time to run..... but that doesn't happen in shonen manga does it? Usually, the weaker good guys are beat to within an inch of death and the stronger ones carry on the fight.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Usually, the weaker good guys are beat to within an inch of death and the stronger ones carry on the fight.
    Then dies? Then the weaker ones go mad and tries to do something about it? Right?

Miria will pop out of nowhere I guess. And I pick Yuma fails, Cynthia dies. Just finished reading the whole thing up until last night, a really cool shounen.

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Claymore is great, and it's also nice because in a lot of ways it isn't a typical Shounen. as for the weaker ones getting beaten up, right now, everyone on the main charecters side seems horribly outmatched by the two biggest threats, the Destroyer, and Priscilla. Got to say, one thing I love about One Piece is that Oda puts out situations where the weaker crewmembers are the only chance they have, it's not just who can hit the other guy the hardest.

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner gabrielkfl's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

My guess is that both should die: Cynthia awakens, then kills Yuma and is killed by Miria. That would be the optimal solution, plot-wise. And in any case, if they succeed, it'll be boring as hell.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member p1xel's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that yuma will succed,but maybe she will die beacuse of injuries or something? :P I just completed manga today

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member gernot's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I think if Yuma would simply succeed, it would just be too anti-climactic. My guess is that Cynthia will awaken, or almost awaken, and we'll have a situation similar to Jean and Clare. Yuma might succeed and bring her back, or the two of them might get saved... I think Clare will be a little busy so if anyone's going to save them, it would have to be Galatea... So, maybe Cynthia or maybe both will die (or awaken, which would certainly add a little bit of variety), but more likely, Cynthia or maybe both will get to join the "half-awakened" folks and get a power-up.

Hhm, my 50th post... I wonder if I will finally be elevated from my status as "初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner"...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner gabrielkfl's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gernot View Post
    I think if Yuma would simply succeed, it would just be too anti-climactic. My guess is that Cynthia will awaken, or almost awaken, and we'll have a situation similar to Jean and Clare.
    I thought that as well, but it gives me that "...not again..." feeling, and it will be reeeal boring if it happens. I don't want to wait a whole month just to see another "I'll bring you back" scene.

New Reply