Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Rurouni Kenshin by Watsuki Nobuhiro

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member KaiserRyuujin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rurouni Kenshin Discussion

I went on a massive reading binge of this manga. Finishing it in a few days @_@ I liked it, but I didnt like Kenshin, prefered him as the Battosai. But liked those tweaker moments. I havent seen the movies made, and watched some of the anime but didnt watch it fully. Great manga though.

Intl Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

Kenshin himself is not a very coll figure, however his mind and his personality are quiet complex and interesting. Shinomori Aoshi, though was in the beginning my favorite character, until somebody called Saitoh Hajime came up...

but how exactly do you write "Saitoh"? I always write it like that but translators keep writing his name different. One time it is Saitoh, then it is Saitou, Saitoo, etc.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The name's saitoh and i admit reading rk manga in my room instead of studying for exams.Funny thing is i got 1st in class

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.mangatraders.com/filebrow...ouni%20Kenshin

Another direct download site where you can get ALL the volumes. Direct. Thanks to Zenith for finding it.

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

ShgnLW getting your downloads has set me up on a reading binge of volumes 18-28. but unfortunately there was no volume 22 in your vol21-25 file. can you check it out again.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Just click on my link above your post, vernica777.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

OH thanks- but it is the same link i have been trying to download from and it has  kept breaking off midway through the download: and soo slow- but i dont mind that. well, thanks anyways.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Really? Hmm... well, maybe you could try mIRC. Check out my mIRC instructions over in Comments/Complaints.

You may need Internet Download Manager as well, or something to that sort. It's helpful for resuming capability.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

okay- mirc i know how to use quite well -- but the computer i am using now is not mine so i cant install Mirc on it. damn!!! i guess it is DC++ for me and i hope the hub i am visiting has somebody with vol 22. oh well, i f i dont i will just jump to vol 23.

Intl Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

www.thespectrum.net also rotates manga chapters 18-28 on their site

Çurrently I'm d/l two movies, namely brokeback mountain and pink Panther but when finished I'll try to put up vol_22.

EDIT: I just checked my kenshin folder and noticed that I don't have kenshin vol_22 srry man

Itachi's Hat Maker MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted kadoman's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Kenshin is absolutey, without a doubt, the best manga I have read (I don't include Blade of the Immortal because that particular manga is in a class of its own).

I love the story, the characters, the writing, the historical references, the action and the comedy. Most of all, I love the themes it explores: be true to yourself; in order to value the lives of others, you must first value yourself and in order to atone, it is better to redeem than punish yourself.

I also love the character study of Kenshin and the things he learns along his journey.

I've seen the anime and read the manga (nearly finished collecting!) and have reached that point in the manga now where I cannot bear to read because it's so heart wrenching! Hate that, and love it at the same time!

Brilliant Watsuki!

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kadoman
    Kenshin is absolutey, without a doubt, the best manga I have read (I don't include Blade of the Immortal because that particular manga is in a class of its own).
    That's funny that you should say that kadoman because I just read some Blade of the Immortal and I absolutely agree with you - it's in a class all of its own.

It's the first manga since Naruto, Bleach, and Rurouni Kenshin I've truly enjoyed, and couldn't wait until the next chapter, all that jazz.

Going to make a Blade of the Immortal thread before I rant too much here.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippine
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Knight
    ^

Don't read further if you haven't finished either the manga or anime.

Spoiler: MAJOR spoilers, endings of RK anime & manga show

And hatakescarecrow, careful of posting about major spoilers like that out of the blue XD  Use spoiler tags.
    The ending you must referring to must be the seisouhen ova. 
    Spoiler: MAJOR spoilers, endings of RK anime show
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOOHOO"

Itachi's Hat Maker MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted kadoman's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Just so people are aware, the ending to the OVA (Reflections) is not the same as the ending in the manga.  It is something of a hotly debated topic.  Hardcore Kenshin fans are dismissive of the OVA because it has very little in common with the manga, was at times, inaccurate with some of its characterisation and had no input by Watsuki himself (who was a staunch advocate of a happy ending for his characters).  More casual fans can appreciate its different approach however.

As for the TV series, the last season was not at all based on the manga in any way, shape or form.  They basically, did not animate the last story arc of the manga, so again, many hardcore (heck, even casual fans) do not like the latter part of the TV series which was made up entirely of (very bad) filler.

EDIT: I forgot to say, yeah, definitely start a Blade of the Immortal thread! That would be cool!

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info, kadoman! That helps.

And actually I've already done so: Blade of the Immortal Discussion Thread.

New Reply
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast