Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Rurouni Kenshin by Watsuki Nobuhiro

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member glasskatana's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rurouni Kenshin Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Knight
    Yep, also my first full manga series. Hehee. But haven't gotten 28 yet. Shall do that ASAP!

Still, I have to admit it's nice to see a conclusion to a manga every now and then, some manga series really do go on for way too long.
    Agreed (::cough Naruto::, and perhaps many years ago when I still liked this manga ::cough:: Inuyasha)
    But the problem remains that is incredibly difficult to make an adequate ending to a series. I think some of the greatest endings are
    1.) Rurouni Kenshin (manga)... When I read that last page... words cannot explain my amazement.
    2.) Cowboy Bebop (anime) when I saw this ending I was filled with sorrow. A nice way to tie things up but very sad.
    3.) Trigun (anime) another ending that I felt was good. All characters should one day come to peace.

Dearly Missed ;__; MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

rurouni kenshin,
    i guess technically you won't find a better history-based shounen manga...

i finished the series a long time ago and i like it... i still reread the series now and then, when i find some spare-time between other manga/anime and the real life things i have to do...

to get back to the first posts questionaire:
    1. Where are you in the story? How did you get into RK?
    finished.
    Spoiler show
    I just bought the first volume in a local manga-store because i thought the cover looked very beautiful.

2. Favorite character?
    kenshin in the flashback (when he is with tomoe, so the beginning of the enishi-arc)
    3. Favorite point in the story?
    Spoiler show

4. Favorite battle?
    Spoiler show

5. Your overall opinion of RK?
    great, definitely the best manga out there. the only manga i read more often and like better is mahoraba, but that one is completely diffrent, so no comparisons...
    6. (If you have watched the anime and read the manga both) Which is better, the manga or anime?
    I watched the anime, and found it except the kyoto-arc-animation, horrible. i never saw just that bad of a manga-adaption.
    The manga is simply better in all ways, at least for the tv-anime.
    The only OVA i watched is 'Meiji Kenkaku Romantan - Tsuiokuhen' and it was better done than the manga for what it covered. it was more natural in the way of fighting, but did not leave anything important away, wasn't really rushed... just overall perfect.

what i espacially liked about the manga were what watsuki told about the characters, how he thought about them, from where he took designs, what he thought he did wrong... plus his extra-pages where he described his own live a bit, what gave one a good insight on how hard, but how much fun one can have with the job of a mangaka.

something to say to what i mentioned in the first answer: that was an extra publication, which didn't come with the tanks in japans normal edition. it was only released with the weekly magazines and was scaned and added in the german and french publication (dunno about other though).

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ttxdragon
    rurouni kenshin,
    i guess technically you won't find a better history-based shounen manga...

i finished the series a long time ago and i like it... i still reread the series now and then, when i find some spare-time between other manga/anime and the real life things i have to do...

to get back to the first posts questionaire:
    finished.
    Spoiler show
    I just bought the first volume in a local manga-store because i thought the cover looked very beautiful.

2. Favorite character?
    kenshin in the flashback (when he is with tomoe, so the beginning of the enishi-arc)
    Spoiler show

4. Favorite battle?
    Spoiler show

great, definitely the best manga out there. the only manga i read more often and like better is mahoraba, but that one is completely diffrent, so no comparisons...
    6. (If you have watched the anime and read the manga both) Which is better, the manga or anime?
    I watched the anime, and found it except the kyoto-arc-animation, horrible. i never saw just that bad of a manga-adaption.
    The manga is simply better in all ways, at least for the tv-anime.
    The only OVA i watched is 'Meiji Kenkaku Romantan - Tsuiokuhen' and it was better done than the manga for what it covered. it was more natural in the way of fighting, but did not leave anything important away, wasn't really rushed... just overall perfect.

what i espacially liked about the manga were what watsuki told about the characters, how he thought about them, from where he took designs, what he thought he did wrong... plus his extra-pages where he described his own live a bit, what gave one a good insight on how hard, but how much fun one can have with the job of a mangaka.

something to say to what i mentioned in the first answer: that was an extra publication, which didn't come with the tanks in japans normal edition. it was only released with the weekly magazines and was scaned and added in the german and french publication (dunno about other though).
    Great description. you deserve a . I also loved
    Spoiler show
    But I think my favorite battle is probably
    Spoiler show
    or
    Spoiler show
    Though the flashback battles are cool because
    Spoiler show
    [br]Posted on: July 07, 2006, 10:54:34 AM_________________________________________________Uh-Oh. Looks like most of the links in the first post have died. Anyway, for those of you who are willing to wait and don't feel like downloading the manga (or buying it) I found this site where you can read it all. http://manga.yurikamome.info/Rurouni...in/23/152.html

Scanlator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member sabyr's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glasskatana
    ]Uh-Oh. Looks like most of the links in the first post have died. Anyway, for those of you who are willing to wait and don't feel like downloading the manga (or buying it) I found this site where you can read it all. http://manga.yurikamome.info/Rurouni...in/23/152.html
    it's not working...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

try this link then. www.boxtorrents.com

You'll have to register but it's worth it. This site has a lot of anime/manga downloads via torrent.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

try this link then. www.boxtorrents.com

You'll have to register but it's worth it. This site has a lot of anime/manga downloads via torrent.
    cool, thx dude. ^^

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member panzerzanaku's Avatar
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

Samurai X (Jinchu arc)

I was wandering if anyone could tell me where exactly in the manga did the Jinchu arc start from.(volume, chapter)

thanx in advance

Intl Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Samurai X (Jinchu arc)

If I am correct it starts with volume 18

Good luck reading it if you miss a volume/chapter, feel free to PM (I've got nearly all volumes).

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

hoooooly crap I love this manga its the....only manga I have the complete volume series of actually(in korean tho) one the first series that got me into the animanga thing.

kenshin is also one of the most ripped off series ever in shounen, I think. ...XD other than trigun or DBZ or whatever if I'm right?

I finished the series. I found out about it online actually, when I was first getting into the whole anime/manga fandom, looking for cardcaptor sakura stuff(my very very first anime) I got interested in it and asked my dad to get it on his trip to korea. I read the whole thing in like.....a week

2. Favorite character?

kenshin of course the yukishiro siblings come close second

Spoiler show

4. Favorite battle?

Spoiler show

its awesome, no wonder so many others rip off it.

I've seen a couple eps of the anime, and didnt like it. manga is definitely better.

Dearly Missed ;__; MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

Great description. you deserve a . I also loved
    Spoiler show
    But I think my favorite battle is probably
    Spoiler show
    or
    Spoiler show
    Though the flashback battles are cool because
    Spoiler show
    those battles are definitely nice, and better action-wise...
    but the battle in the flashback for tomoe is the best emotional and character + fighting wise... it doesn't have that much of 'powerattacks' and stuff.... it's just a great battle to show that kenshin is a human being and not a simple slaughtering-machine

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

go here! http://www.mangacult.com

a whole buttload of stuff to download, including kenshin! Best place to go!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ttxdragon
    those battles are definitely nice, and better action-wise...
    but the battle in the flashback for tomoe is the best emotional and character + fighting wise... it doesn't have that much of 'powerattacks' and stuff.... it's just a great battle to show that kenshin is a human being and not a simple slaughtering-machine
    yep. i agree with you. generally, i prefer the battles in the past. somehow it seems more exciting. kenshin is my first complete manga. how i saved to buy those volumes but it worth every cent.

read them all. reread it whenever i came home from college for my holidays. i watched the anime first, which was being aired on the local tv. got totally hooked and then started to hunt for the manga.

2. Favorite character?

seta soujiro. he's like kenshin in a sense only with the wrong teacher.

kenshin's past flashback.

4. Favorite battle?

the battle with soujiro seta.

good storyline, nice artwork, great battlescene. this manga is a gem.

manga is far superior. i kinda lost interest after the shishio arc in the anime.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Just updated the first post since all the links were dead. If anybody is looking for any chapters or volumes, just post in here.

Meanwhile, here's a cool gif, enjoy.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i'll upload all the chapters tommorrow if i get the chance. it'll be in packs of 5 volumes each.

Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's been a while since I read Rurouni Kenshin, but it is still one of my favorites to read.

I finished reading the series around 4 years ago.

2. Favorite character?

It's tough to choose, but Saitou was usually my favorite (the typical badass character).

3. Favorite point in the story? (Spoiler-tags)

Spoiler show

4. Favorite battle? (Spoiler-tags)

Either

Spoiler show

or

Spoiler show

I really enjoyed the manga. I bought and read all of it so I think that's saying something (thought I can't really complain since they were all 100 yen a volume).

I definitely prefer the manga to the anime.

New Reply
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast