Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Rurouni Kenshin by Watsuki Nobuhiro

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tonyyao82's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rurouni Kenshin by Watsuki Nobuhiro

Quote Originally Posted by perroloco View Post
    Besides its an old art-work, its the cover art for kanzenban 22 or 23.. To lazy to check lol
    Ahhhh, I forgot about the kanzenban.

Also, VIZ Media is putting the Cinema Version on their list of titles for Shonen Jump Alpha.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-kenshin-manga

"I'll send you flying.....TO THE END OF THE WORLD!" - Itsuki "Ikki" Minami (Air Gear)

Manga Therapy: Where Psychology & Manga Meet (http://www.mangatherapy.com)

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I am confused. are they just republishing the whole thing or is it a new thing? According to the wiki it is a reboot which would imply it won't necessarily be the same as the original series (however as a reboot it should be similar). When is this thing starting? Also, whatever happened to the whole finishing the anime thing, did that ever happen?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Kateviardo's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Could someone explain please does the publication of the new manga in Shonen Alpha mean that there will be no english scanlation? Does this magazine get "pirated" btw? *feeling that the end of all hope is near

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Ok, I am confused. are they just republishing the whole thing or is it a new thing? According to the wiki it is a reboot which would imply it won't necessarily be the same as the original series (however as a reboot it should be similar). When is this thing starting? Also, whatever happened to the whole finishing the anime thing, did that ever happen?
    Both Cinema Edition and Chapter Zero will be reboots in a sense that they'll start from the beginning of the old manga with Kenshin coming in Tokyo as a rurouni. But. They won't be trying to rewrite exisiting canon. They're made just for fans' fun and to advertise the movie.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Cinema Version is basically the movie in manga form.

Quote Originally Posted by Kateviardo View Post
    Could someone explain please does the publication of the new manga in Shonen Alpha mean that there will be no english scanlation? Does this magazine get "pirated" btw? *feeling that the end of all hope is near.
    Good question. I don't think the magazine is pirated at all since the chapters they publish are the chapters published two weeks before the current ones. Now with RK Cinema, this is going to be quite interesting since VIZ acted REALLY fast with acquiring RK Cinema. I take it as an attempt to battle scanlators, but someone will find a way. It's the nature of the Internet.

"I'll send you flying.....TO THE END OF THE WORLD!" - Itsuki "Ikki" Minami (Air Gear)

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tonyyao82 View Post
    Cinema Version is basically the movie in manga form.
    Now, that's not correct. If you look at the chapter and movie trailers it's apparent that they're different. "Cinema Version" is advertised as the manga where Kenshin will fight his enemies from the movie. Manga itself won't have the same plot as the movie.

Here is the first 9 pages of the chapter in Japanese and small summary in English: http://kateviardo.tumblr.com/post/22...rst-chapter-of

Quote Originally Posted by tonyyao82 View Post
    Good question. I don't think the magazine is pirated at all since the chapters they publish are the chapters published two weeks before the current ones. Now with RK Cinema, this is going to be quite interesting since VIZ acted REALLY fast with acquiring RK Cinema. I take it as an attempt to battle scanlators, but someone will find a way. It's the nature of the Internet.
    I just hope someone will use this new Rurouni Kenshin App for ipad and download Jap Raw from it. And will translate bloody thing already!

Negative Syndicate

The new Rk is not based on the upcoming live-adaptation movie. It is a remake of RK by the author, himself.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

WHAT seriously? The author is gonna remake the whole RK again?
    I dont think that is a wise move

Negative Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by shaheer View Post
    WHAT seriously? The author is gonna remake the whole RK again?
    I dont think that is a wise move
    Well, it is confirmed whether Watuki will do the remake for the whole thing or just the Tokyo arc.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

i just hope he doesnt ruin it. RK is and will be the bench mark anime in my anime list. His other work Buso something was pretty much not so good
    i just skipped the whole thing off after watching 2-3 eps,

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt we have something to fear: both remakes will be short, more like variation on theme "man with no name comes to town" than full-blooded remakes. My policy is take it easy and enjoy good story with familiar faces.

For example, in the beginning of Cinema Edition Saito asks Kenshin if he’s alright fighting in place which is drowning in blood and Kenshin answers that he's fine as long as it's Bakumatsu. Isn't it a cool way to introduce an age and the character? I think it's a way better than "he slashed open a new era of piece but he's a nice guy actually." BTW some japanese blogger jokes that "pools of blood" will be a catchphrase in the new manga cuase it was mentioned 3 times in the first chapter))))

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Just saw the chapter, good stuff lol.

Anyways, I was going online and found out there was a chapter released in the english manga which featured the lives of severel seijuro hiko. Can anyone point me to where I can read that chapter?

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Actual translation for the chapter was put on site 3 days ago? I'm going to kill somebody right now for my stupidity... I'm actually kind of angry that noone pointed it out in this thread. Would it kill ya, guys? To tell stupid rookie where to look for damn translation?

Nevertheless: the chapter on mangatraders http://www.mangatraders.com/manga/series/8780

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

Anyways, I was going online and found out there was a chapter released in the english manga which featured the lives of severel seijuro hiko. Can anyone point me to where I can read that chapter?
    I got it from volume 6 here (it's a special): http://www.mangatraders.com/manga/series/9 I could upload it if you have problems.
    Last edited by Kateviardo; May 14, 2012 at 01:40 AM.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, to see that translations got posted you need to mark the series as a favorite. The series has been finished for quite a while so it is unlikely anyone marked this manga as a favorite to keep releases in check lol. Thanks for the info.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, that's what's happened. At least I now know how it works) Thanks.

I like this new chapter a lot. Latest ruroken OVA which is remake of the Kyoto arc is so spectaculary bad that people were expecting the worse giving that new manga is basically made to promote the movie. And it turned out to be really fun. The translator made sure that phrases that were used in the original were translated according to the old translations. So starting with Jin-e's laugh and ending with Kenshin's explanation it all sounds familiar and gives nostalgic feels. Kenshin might be a little bit crazier this time and plot seems a little bit silly but all in all I'm very pleased with this "remake".

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kateviardo View Post
    Oh, that's what's happened. At least I now know how it works) Thanks.

I like this new chapter a lot. Latest ruroken OVA which is remake of the Kyoto arc is so spectaculary bad that people were expecting the worse giving that new manga is basically made to promote the movie. And it turned out to be really fun. The translator made sure that phrases that were used in the original were translated according to the old translations. So starting with Jin-e's laugh and ending with Kenshin's explanation it all sounds familiar and gives nostalgic feels. Kenshin might be a little bit crazier this time and plot seems a little bit silly but all in all I'm very pleased with this "remake".
    Yeah, I heard some bad things about the OVA, though I heard there's going to be a 2nd OVA coming out involving Kyoto.

New Reply
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast