Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Rurouni Kenshin by Watsuki Nobuhiro

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rurouni Kenshin by Watsuki Nobuhiro

Man.... if Watsuki wasn't so pressed with WSJ's competition and deadlines he could've come up with something like Sanosuke using extra padding for Futae no Kiwami. That would've made Sanosuke's fighting style even more effective without him worrying about breaking his hand. Especially during the beginning of the Jinchuu arc. That would've been handy and more practical at a critical time.

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Kateviardo's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

This chapter was so utterly ridiculous I don't know what to think. For any Ruroken fan it's still a treat but story-wise and character-wise it's really weird. Saito's "Idiots" in the end felt really appropriate.

BTW it's almost August! Chapter Zero is soon gonna be published...

---------- Post added July 29, 2012 at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was July 04, 2012 at 09:24 PM ----------

Cover of the Jump SQ 09.2012. It features Kenshin on the cover but it's hard to tell whether it feature Kenshin within.

---------- Post added August 03, 2012 at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was July 29, 2012 at 06:40 PM ----------

Alright. Cover was a huge hint - after all new chapter of Cinema Edition was published in September issue! Jojohot: http://comic.jojohot.com/forum.php?m...&page=1#pid117 Read online: http://www.openlife.com.hk/%E5%8B%95...%A0/kenshin003

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

New chapter and cover! Three chapters of Cinema Edition were supported by 2 covers and one big poster. Pretty amazing, eh? And judging by third chapter the fourth might really be the last - Saito, Sano and Kenshin will face Gein, Inui and Jine.

BTW it was really nice to see Battousai-vs-Saito foght. I bet every Ruroken fan felt that it was a shame - the fact that we've never seen this fight in original.

---------- Post added August 09, 2012 at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was August 03, 2012 at 02:25 PM ----------

Well, Chapter Zero will be published in next Jump issue and will be 46 page long. My guess is it will be another story about Kenshin saving damsell in distress who would say in the end something like "you should accept people's kindness more" so Kenshin would have additional personal reason to say "yes" to Kaoru's invitation. It's really funny situation though because we are going to get another canon-chapter. Not Cinema Edition style of "another Universe, another characters" - this time we are going to see the rurouni who must be in complete accordance with all 28 volumes of the original manga.
    Last edited by Kateviardo; July 19, 2012 at 06:23 AM.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member redon's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Kenshin One Shot (WSJ 38/2012) RAW

http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/L1J53EKY/

5. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Thanks! Well, I like the style but have little hope I'll like the story))))))))

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

Better quality (though pink paper): http://commiczip.blogspot.com/2012/0...-zip_2420.html

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member sir_arles's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Any news about the one shot's translation?
    Did anyone do it?

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Cinema Edition's chapter 5 is out (Japanese RAW found here http://raw-hunters.com/raw-scan/square-jump/ - http://rapidgator.net/file/47884668/...an-06.zip.html) I like this chapter a lot - after movie premiere it seems Watsuki doesn't need to make it so fast-paced. I still hope it will soon end though. It's sad but there are no scanlation for Cinema Edition 3-5 and Chapter Zero but then again after 15 years of waiting several months mean nothing.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vizardichigo's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kateviardo View Post
    It's actually one OVA that consists of two parts and the second part will be out this June. But the first part was preety bad))) It has its nice moments but 40 minutes is too little time for such a big story.
    The second one sucks even more....Dont wanna spoil it but its even worse than the 1st one...They shpuld have done it like the Berserk movies but they went another route...sigh
    Thank You Kubo...You have proven once and for all, that Yamamoto Genryuusai is STRONGER THAN AIZEN SOUSUKE despite what the fanboys think

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Eiichiro Oda (One Piece) pay tribute to Rurouni Kenshin with this drawing:

This days I have listening this beautiful songs, and remembering...

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

As much as I love Oda's art style, Kenshin is too muscular in that photo, it makes him looks weird =/. By the way Rorouni Kenshin's anime is probably the Anime which has the most amazing OPs and EDs of all time. I think I really like all of them.

I guess I have to read the One-shot now..

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    As much as I love Oda's art style, Kenshin is too muscular in that photo, it makes him looks weird =/. By the way Rorouni Kenshin's anime is probably the Anime which has the most amazing OPs and EDs of all time. I think I really like all of them.

I guess I have to read the One-shot now..
    Yeah, same feeling about the drawing. And sorry for my ignorance, but doesn't have Kenshin just one sword?

About OPs and EDs, Kenshin themes are great but... I can see you haven't watch Cowboy Bebop. (Take a look at tome of them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YncNm0WQY2I ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSYZm...eature=related ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT6u0...eature=related )

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member sir_arles's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    And sorry for my ignorance, but doesn't have Kenshin just one sword?
    When he was battosai he used a Katana and a Wakizashi.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I finally got around to reading chapter 0, it was pretty meh in my opinion. I was initially thinking of translating it since I had some time on my hands but after reading it, I decided it wasn't really worth the time I have no idea if anyone elsewhere has posted any sort of summary but if not, here goes:

Spoiler: Chapter 0 - Summary show

Phew, that was longer than expected! But yeah, overall it felt pretty meh, but I guess there's not much you can expect from one short chapter like this, and of course, as a fan of the series, it feels weird when the only recognizable character is Kenshin himself. It just... doesn't feel like you're reading RuroKen, if you know what I mean But ah wells.

I also watched the live action movie earlier today, and will probably start a thread or something over in Otaku Theatre. I'm in two minds about the movie as there was really much to like, as well as much to dislike about it...

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I finally had the chance to see the RK live action movie so I will write a few thoughts about it. I will use spoiler tags for it however.

Spoiler show
    Last edited by kkck; April 14, 2013 at 02:08 AM.

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe no one has uploaded this information, so I'll upload it. It is confirmed that Rurouni Kenshin going to get another live-adpatation movie which it focuses on the Kyouto arc (it'll be divided into two parts).

Here's some of the new casting:

- Shishio Makoto = Fujiwara Tatsuya (actor who played Yagami Light (from Death Note) and Itou Kaiji (from Kaiji)
    - Seta Soujirou = Kamiki Ryuunosuke
    - Shinomori Aoshi = Isea Yuusuke

---------- Post added August 02, 2013 at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was July 31, 2013 at 02:18 PM ----------

More information about the cast for upcoming live-adaptation of Rurouni Kenshin is announced:

- Kashiwazaki Nenji = Tanaka Min
    - Ohkubo Toshimichi = Miyazawa Kazufumi
    - Itou Hirobumi = Ozawa Yukiyoshi
    - Komigata Yumi = Takahashi Maryjun
    - Sawagejou Chou = Miura Ryousuke
    - Myoujin Yahiko = Ohyagi Kaito (changed)
    Last edited by Kaizou 10; July 31, 2013 at 01:24 PM.

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The first trailer for upcoming Rurouni Kenshin's second live-adaptation movie:

New Reply
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast