Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 506 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 53 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Where Do You Come From?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where Do You Come From?

Finland, Kuopio

[yomiko]added ^^[/yomiko]
    Last edited by PaperYomiko; November 13, 2007 at 05:38 PM.
    You really think they like to rock in the space? Well I don't know.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Absolutio's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: About your country

Quote Originally Posted by gdupninja View Post
    Oh and our president isnt the smartest man around.
    Poor guy, even in a manga forum he gets bushed (lol, an accidental pun ).

Well, I live in Israel. I really love my country for many many reasons - The weather here is just great, mostly sunny and nice, we have a huge shore and I live in a city 15 minutes from the nearest beach, and sea is fun. =D
    We have almost all the kinds of landscapes in our very small country (about 550 kms on 250 I think), starting from Deserts, seas, forests, mountains, natural crates, the dead sea (which is also the lowest ground point of the world), snow and etc.
    Also the people here are very nice and friendly, and you even greet strangers many times, and we have our very own traditions and what not. Just a great country and culture. Although, of course, it aint perfect, and it might even be a lil dangerous sometimes (since we're sorrounded by enemies all over and even within.. (Gaza strip)), but I still wouldn't exchange this country for any else.

Luffy: Sanji, prepare the lunch-box!
    Sanji: Lunch-box?
    Luffy: Yes. A pirate's lunch-box!
    *Pirate's lunch-box is for increasing one's power, so there will be no vegetables.
    -One Piece Side-Stories Covers Coloring Project! OP Colorist? Check it out now!

Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

Any place where is warm? Its so cold here in finland.......snow and everything........

MH's Peacemaker 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Leen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Finland is cool. I love the fact that it has managed to produced so many "flying Finns" over the centuries. XD

The latest one being Kimi Raikonnen of course. He just won his first Formula 1 Driver's Championship. Superb job from Kimi.

I live in US right now. It's really cold here, especially when I live near the great lakes.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Ichimaru Gin n Tonic's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Leen, a lot of good football players comes from Finland. For instance, there's Mikael Forsell, Samy Hyppia, Jussi Jaaskelainen, and Jari Litmanen, just to name a few.
    And if you're asking about someplace that is warm, try Malaysia or Indonesia (or any country located along the equator line).

Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow. So here is people who knows something about Finland.Wow.I've heard that someone from U.S said that here is polar bears (ARGH!).And about those football players....their names......it's Kimi Räikkönen (Yea I know that you don't have that letter Ä or Ö) and Sami Hyypiä (please, don't say Hyppia coz in finnish Hyppiä means.....um to be jumping ). I guess Malaysia and Indonesia are too warm for me , coz I have really white skin and I can't have any kind of tan so.......but I still want to go somewhere away from here! But in summer here is warm tooo......YAY!!! I mean really warm.
    Last edited by Punky fish; November 28, 2007 at 11:43 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member miyi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gdupninja
    Well I live in the US. Definitly a nice country to live in.There are alot of different housing situations. You can see everything from the hood to Million dollar homes, to packed housing projects to the burbz. There are many job opportunites and we get free schooling. Luckily the only civil wars that plague the US are those between gangs and they dont bomb each other. There are many types of people and alot to do. Thats a little bit about america. Oh and our president isnt the smartest man around.
    yeah I'm lucky to live in the USA, the opportunity here are indeed vast, compared to other economically less forunate nations.

In order to obtain a comfortable lifestyle here isn't easy, however, it isn't impossible.

As long as you're a productive citizen, anything is possible. The key advantages in living in USA are education, economic opportunity, safety, and also medicine, despite it being private as opposed to public owned...

the "catch" is, if you're lazy, then certainly you'll be left behind..

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member _ATMA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i live here in the US also i dont particularly like the economy around here in michigan it blows i cant get a job and i street race to kill time :/ its been getting cold lol. i like it here but i also hate it, i like the many things that i can do on my free time around here such as dirt biking and street racing in the spring, summer and part of fall, and snowmobile in the winter. but i hate how few job opertinties are around here which led me to starting my own business. if i could leave the country i would want to goto either hong kong, japan, or greece lol
    If Nissan Motorsports is NISMO, does that make Honda Motorsports HOMO?

Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Mel_Luvz_Anime's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

YAY for Australia ^_^ the best country to live in, tonnes of opportunities for students to develop future careers and be recognized worldwide, like me (still currently studying). Has some of the best beaches in the world and tonnes of unused desert and bush that you can runaway to for a weekend or two for camping. Big cities as well to party your little heart out, VERY multicultural, very fair dinkum, very friendly people. Love to have a laugh, and if it's at someone's expense, don't get offended, it's just our culture, we love to have a laugh. We have very unique native animals like kangaroo's and wallabies and koala's that u just have to come and see. Oh and yeah some of the deadliest snakes do live here too, but someone has to have them right lolz.
    Looking for Seinen Translators!!! Please PM me!!!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ponera's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm from Aarau, Switzerland ^^

[yomiko]added ^^[/yomiko]
    Last edited by PaperYomiko; December 02, 2007 at 01:34 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

is that in the german or the french speaking part? I have a few friends in switzerland, and I have been there a few times. It really is a beautiful country, you swiss have every right to be as proud of it as you are.
    Blind dude rocks! click the link to find out why, I dare you
    Spoiler: awesome slashdot(and other) quote(s) show

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ponera's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kiddo7 View Post
    is that in the german or the french speaking part? I have a few friends in switzerland, and I have been there a few times. It really is a beautiful country, you swiss have every right to be as proud of it as you are.
    It's just really expensive here q_q
    And the politics here kinda sucks... but you can't have everything xD
    But it's nice that you think that way, i also think that switzerland is a beautiful country ^^

Aarau is in the german speaking part ^^
    Feel free to PM me if you have some more questions ^__^

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

US, somewhere near California, I love all manga and from hxhonline.com (Hunter X Hunter Online ~First official HxH fansite~) currently hosting 600+ manga series.
    Hunter X Hunter Online
    Hunter X Hunter Online
    HXHUNTER ONLINE FORUMS (HxH Style)
    HxHOnline.com is one of the largest and most respected Hunter X Hunter information portals online with 700+ manga series available for direct downloads.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity mugen's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

hhmm...lets see...I'm of mexican heritage....but born in Orange County, CA and now live in around DC...where am I from? I like to think I belong to my head...but it resides in USA..so I guess USA it is

[yomiko]added mugen and hxhlucifer[/yomiko]
    Last edited by PaperYomiko; December 04, 2007 at 07:10 PM.
    click to join mangahelpers facebook group

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member OhDearMoshe's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_Luvz_Anime View Post
    YAY for Australia ^_^ the best country to live in, tonnes of opportunities for students to develop future careers and be recognized worldwide, like me (still currently studying). Has some of the best beaches in the world and tonnes of unused desert and bush that you can runaway to for a weekend or two for camping. Big cities as well to party your little heart out, VERY multicultural, very fair dinkum, very friendly people. Love to have a laugh, and if it's at someone's expense, don't get offended, it's just our culture, we love to have a laugh. We have very unique native animals like kangaroo's and wallabies and koala's that u just have to come and see. Oh and yeah some of the deadliest snakes do live here too, but someone has to have them right lolz.
    Some one is going to say this so I apologize in advance it being me.

I think I found the root of the mass opportunities that seen to develop.

I live in England. Its quite nice so long as you don't mind some rather awful weather at times. Has some nice beaches down south and around 50% of the people tend to be nice. Wrere only a small island however soooo....not much more I can say really. Ill leave it to any other brits to fill in.

Spoiler: Jehuty's words of wisdom show

New Reply
Page 53 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast