Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ikki Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone think Ikki's gonna be a Brain charger?

Quote Originally Posted by suarhnir View Post
    oyos

i really want ikki to be normal and just have the dedication to work hard (behind the scenes; as evident in chapter 87). having grown up with rika and mikan, he certainly won't be stopped so easily if he messes up and hurts himself. while its pretty certain that ikki is somehow connected to uncle minami, i really would prefer that he was nothing more than his real and normal son that he simply didn't have the time and effort to look after.

being a brain charger requires having been in a lab for some time to undergo the process... and rika got ikki when he was a baby. on top of the fact that she's most fond of him compared to mikan, ringo and ume, i don't think she would have allowed for ikki to be taken away for anything. i also don't think doing the brain charger process on an infant would be safe or ethical.
    What about his mother? Unless OG goes with the cliche'd died during child birth flashback. What about other family members grandma,grandpa, aunts, uncles? None of those exist so he gives Ikki to an 8 year old girl?

Minami has never been shown to be very ethical, it's all about the science to him so experimenting on a child wouldn't be beyond him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member suarhnir's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

oyos

i would only go so far as minami getting it on with one of his prototype generation grav kids and didn't want her playing mommy after ikki was born... so he pawned the kid off to rika.

as for other relatives, from what i've seen in other series that show off more or less 'real' japanese culture, they are less strict when it comes to who is allowed to be guardian of a minor. family friends and neighbors seem sufficient enough if they are willing to take the kid in when the real family members don't want to. i don't know if that's actually true, but it seems to be that way...

oh and while uncle minami's ethics may be questionable, there's still the issue of safety on the infant should they be 'experimented' on... they are so 'weak' that they really can't survive through much of anything. its more likely the infant will die from the procedures/experimentation
    Last edited by suarhnir; October 02, 2010 at 10:21 PM.

Scanlator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member BlackSword's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

oyos

i would only go so far as minami getting it on with one of his prototype generation grav kids and didn't want her playing mommy after ikki was born... so he pawned the kid off to rika.

as for other relatives, from what i've seen in other series that show off more or less 'real' japanese culture, they are less strict when it comes to who is allowed to be guardian of a minor. family friends and neighbors seem sufficient enough if they are willing to take the kid in when the real family members don't want to. i don't know if that's actually true, but it seems to be that way...

oh and while uncle minami's ethics may be questionable, there's still the issue of safety on the infant should they be 'experimented' on... they are so 'weak' that they really can't survive through much of anything. its more likely the infant will die from the procedures/experimentation
    I really don't see that as beyond the capabilities of minami... He turned people into weapons. Thats the gravity childrens purpose... They were all experimented on as well... I'm not really sure what Ikki is but its to coincidental for him to be just a normal hard working Storm Rider... The guy has a natural affinity to wind that is only matched by the 'wind' gravity child. His affinty to wind will probably eventually surpass Sora... It just doesn't seem likely that he is normal... This is all probably designed according to minami's plans... To test Ikki vs the Gravity children. Someone said he is probably a combination of a 'braincharger & a gravity child' I think he is also a 'human tuner'. His ability to make people excel above and beyond their original limitations is astounding. Although that might just be the whole Shounen Lead Character thing. But it would be interesting if he was a human tuner as well. ^^

"The black blade that cuts your troubles away."
    Spoiler: One Piece Predictions ~ 09/06/2012  show

Supporter of Usopp: Cleavage diving extraordinaire! - 09/29/2010
    My opinions are subject to Radical, Unpredictable, Illogical change without notice.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

oyos

ikki has an affinity with birds, and since tuner's sounds function like bird calls, ikki can also understand what tuners are actually saying when they sing. if he had any inkling of an ability to be a tuner, then he would have not been so noob in a-t building/repair. he knows enough that something is wrong with his own a-ts from how it is performing... but he certainly can't determine the exact cause (from listening to it much less)

but i suppose that ikki being all jacked up as a grav kid and/or brain charger makes all the other 'normal' riders like yoshi, benkei, kazu, rika, etc. all that much better because they achieved their level of skill through hardwork and a bit of talent.

Scanlator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member BlackSword's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

lol I didn't mean A-T Tuner. I said 'human' Tuner. Meaning he allows people to surpass their own power. Not that he can build A-Ts and the like...

"The black blade that cuts your troubles away."
    Spoiler: One Piece Predictions ~ 09/06/2012  show

Supporter of Usopp: Cleavage diving extraordinaire! - 09/29/2010
    My opinions are subject to Radical, Unpredictable, Illogical change without notice.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ex-Shadow's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

-IMHO, from the conversation Kogarasumaru and Sleipnir had when they fight I really think that maybe actually Ikki is a normal child but he is the real "original" brain charger. Remember that all brain charger is only a copy from the original.
    -And about Ikki as one of the gravity children, I don't think so. Sora (and friends) is the 1st generation of gravity children. And when they flee, they are about the same age as Rika when Rika was asked to take care of Ikki. So the age differencies doesn't match up.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

oyos

mikan and ringo (by a couple of months) are older than ikki...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

ikki can use hawk eye and trick pass abilitys granted to gravity children and slepnir seemed to think ikki was the inspiration to their desire to fly. i think ikki is special because he could possibly be a natural gravity child or brain charger or both think about it their are who are born with perfect balance and i know that dyslexic people compensate by seeing in three dimensions maby people like ikki have showed up before and the gravity/brain projects wanted to duplicate such people which would mean ikki could possibly be more special than any one but this is my opinion

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

oyos

pfft... lol 'natural gravity child or brain charger' sorry that made me laugh seeing it. honestly though, every human being is a 'natural grav kid or brain charger' because that is what they were built off from. i'm going to use a gundam seed reference here... but the coordinators were nothing more than 'designer' babies (aka genetic traits hand picked by the parents to attain a certain characteristic). grav kids are nothing more than a human with certain genetic traits and 'unlocking' the human potential which also ties into the whole energy thing (being able to utilize the full energy capabilities with humans). there are normal people out there who can visualize 3-dimensionally, and normal people who have the 'hawk eye' (nothing more than seeing possible trick passes around them). this has been demonstrated in real life... take skateboarders for example, they don't need a skate park to do their tricks, they take wherever they are and make the possiblities a reality - that is what the 'hawk eye' is in essence. visualizing in 3-d is done all the time by architects, engineers and some artists. some people can do this while others can't... but these aren't feats that were created scientifically, the scientists in this story merely discovered which genetic traits allow for these abilities.

someone like ikki is just a person who happened to have an inkling of such abilities naturally and he merely poured himself wholeheartedly into utilizing them when riding a-ts.

i want ikki to be a normal kid... but this is a shounen manga and chances of that happening is 10% at best... i mean, look at what happened in bleach and naruto... <.<;; i was like "come on, really now?" with the lineage of ichigo and naruto being revealed... that was lame and down-played their abilities because its no longer about them but about how great and special their parents were and its no wonder that their kids would be great too...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

oyos

i dont really get your point the gravity children were given two cerebral modifications Solid Sense Type and Biomass Gyroscope which allow the gravity children to have a great sense of balance hawk eye and trick pass .so they were given abilities that ikki might naturally possess (given he is not a gravity child but all gravity children seem to know what they are) seeing as how gravity childrens only difference to an average human are their modifications.borrowing your gundam seed example creating a designer babies usually involves duplicating traits that naturally exist in others. so ikki could have natural mutations that could make him eqaul to a gravity child plus ikki isnt the only one with a mutation that puts him above average people mitsuru bando and akira udou both have muscle Hypertropy making them have a denser muscle build and giving them more strength

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Crys's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Same goes for Kazuma, he is also a King Level Rider, he also have this what you need to be a King.....
    It is Air gear, strength issen all, see this Grav Childs now, beaten by Aeon....
    King Level Rider is not all, now every 2nd is a King Level Rider with his own Road....
    Grav Childs obvisious overhypt!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jiofreed View Post
    oyos

i dont really get your point the gravity children were given two cerebral modifications Solid Sense Type and Biomass Gyroscope which allow the gravity children to have a great sense of balance hawk eye and trick pass .so they were given abilities that ikki might naturally possess (given he is not a gravity child but all gravity children seem to know what they are) seeing as how gravity childrens only difference to an average human are their modifications.borrowing your gundam seed example creating a designer babies usually involves duplicating traits that naturally exist in others. so ikki could have natural mutations that could make him eqaul to a gravity child plus ikki isnt the only one with a mutation that puts him above average people mitsuru bando and akira udou both have muscle Hypertropy making them have a denser muscle build and giving them more strength
    oyos

what i meant by all of that was that grav kids aren't that freakin special... normal people can have such skills of grav kids naturally because grav kids were based off of humans anyways... just more selective traits is all. and yes, grav kids and brain chargers are overhyped... which is why i don't want ikki to be one or both... i will settle for ikki being a natural born that happened to be of the 'gene pool' that ended up composing most of the grav kids... which again brings it back to where the heck ikki came from and who are his parents

Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

oyos

what i meant by all of that was that grav kids aren't that freakin special... normal people can have such skills of grav kids naturally because grav kids were based off of humans anyways... just more selective traits is all. and yes, grav kids and brain chargers are overhyped... which is why i don't want ikki to be one or both... i will settle for ikki being a natural born that happened to be of the 'gene pool' that ended up composing most of the grav kids... which again brings it back to where the heck ikki came from and who are his parents
    Well if you think about it, a storm has almost all of the original roads, so there is the possibility that iki was created with all the data collected from the original gravity kids experiment. That would also explain why he can read and understand other riders tricks and personalities so easily. Also tuners have the natural ability to sinc up with the human rhythm so they can adjust the AT, the mechanical stuff is something they learn not a natural gift.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No Trust Re: Anyone think Ikki's gonna be a Brain charger?

That would be a total piss poor move on behalf of Oh! Great. It's so easy to be the best when nature gives you a free pass (Naruto, Bleach, Inuyasha, countless others). And it would be a weakass message on the part of Air Gear if all the characters were THAT good because they were created to be that way.

Looking from a moral, social standpoint it would be better if Ikki wasn't a brain charger or a gravity child, but just your average joe, an everyman. Aren't you all getting this? Ikki's very existence illustrates that not only do we all have wings, but you don't have to be born to priviledge or power in order to fly. Everything Ikki does shows that you don't have to be born great to be great, and that everyone can grab the sky if they reach for it.

If he were a brain charger or gravity child it would be a contradiction of all Air Gear stands for: FREEDOM. If Ikki is great because of genetics then his hard work doesn't mean a damn thing. Even worse, no ones hard work means a damn thing because it would show that no matter how "good" someone is at what they do, they'll never be "great" at what they do.

Come and take a walk with me. Let's compare Ikki and Kazu. Enemies, friends, rivals, these guys go way back. Ikki constantly pushes Kazu to be better and vice versa. As of right now, Kazu is no match for Ikki. But there is a vested interest here because they're both normal human beings. In other words, Ikki isn't better because he is genetically so, but because he is simply that damn good. Now, if Oh! Great pulls a screw job and makes Ikki a genetic freak, then Kazu never stood a chance to begin with, hardwork means nothing, and Ikki owes everything everything to his DNA.

15. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Broken_Wing's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Would it make sense that just a regular joe completed the Devils 33 Leap and beat Yoshi's max distance in one day, after getting injured on his first try...?

Im not fond of the whole its your genetically altered genes thing, but at the same time Ikki's origin needs to be a tad bit more ellaborate than just someone random guy trying his best.

I would like that message of your heights and wings are what you make it - to be there in the end, but there is something unusual about Ikki that stiil needs to explained.
    Last edited by Broken_Wing; December 02, 2010 at 03:42 PM.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast