Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Ikki Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member suarhnir's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone think Ikki's gonna be a Brain charger?

Quote Originally Posted by Broken_Wing View Post
    ^ Would it make sense that just a regular joe completed the Devils 33 Leap and beat Yoshi's max distance in one day, after getting injured on his first try...?
    oyos

you should remember that ikki's pain tolerance is really high and altogether toughened out by his 'upbringing' with rika and mikan. though later we find out that ikki wasn't really injured seriously that time either (he relaxed himself before crashing, thereby walking away with probably nothing more than a bruise - like how drunks are likely to escape a car crash with nothing but scratches and bruises).

i know first hand (shoved over in a school team basketball match and landed really hard on my knee) that an injury/bruise hurts at first, but even without meds, your body release endorphins that numb the pain out which actually happens quite quickly - roughly 5~10 minutes and you will notice slightly less pain. since ikki did numerous jumps that took a good chunk of time, ikki would have felt little to no pain by the time he made his final jump and pass the devil 33 mark.

also, this seems to be missed by many people but ikki has never 'instantly learned' anything. we don't always see all the practice he puts into doing a trick before it is revealed in a match/battle either. in fact, the only one in koga that has proven to learn from watching once and pulling it off on the first try is kazu (spitfire's signature flame trick that he used to save om, nott-dagr's wind lens - changed it to a flame lens are two examples).

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suarhnir View Post
    oyos

also, this seems to be missed by many people but ikki has never 'instantly learned' anything. we don't always see all the practice he puts into doing a trick before it is revealed in a match/battle either. in fact, the only one in koga that has proven to learn from watching once and pulling it off on the first try is kazu (spitfire's signature flame trick that he used to save om, nott-dagr's wind lens - changed it to a flame lens are two examples).
    lol when you think about it kazu seems to be able to learn any technique extremly fast. it seems to me like the more confident he gets the faster he develops.

but that could be described as a special trait for a regular human that would help them compete with the likes of specially made riders like GC and BC. so the way i see it ikki is normal to, but has a special human trait that can be identified, like kazus confidence, that helps him compete with the best.

And thats why i dont think ikki is a brain charger or any other unatural experiment, just a natural genius representing the natural progression of human beings.
    Last edited by conn-man; December 06, 2010 at 03:10 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner misc-13's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Ikki better not!
    he's supposed to show that any one can fly or something like that. if he was a brain charger then it just shows "I can do all this cause I'm SPECIAL! you normal people can't do anything."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ~Joshua~'s Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't surprise me if he wouldn't but I agree with ^^"misc-13".
    "I pray for the strength to change what I can,
    The inability to accept what I can't,
    And the incapacity to tell the difference...."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bighawke5's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i think he can be a late brain charger bloomer.
    im saying this because they always mention him to be "icarus" and that he'll fall to his death. now that got me interested bout icarus so i read bout it.

The truth is icarus got greedy and flew too high for his own good too fast. and got burned and failed.

if we relate it to this manga we can see that ikki is arrogant about his skills and this can be seen as the greedy part that caused icarus to fail. Ikki in the beginning was flying too high too fast for his own good and thus why they likened him to icarus.

now why i said he has to potential to become sky king is that we know he has the last name of Rinta. and if we think of them like father/son we can think of rinta as the one who gave ikki his wings (or the potential to become something great) just like in the story of icarus. since rinta gave rika gravity children, why not consider him someone that can do more? and ikki's wish/dream to fly the skies since he was a kid...maybe he's special too.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted sarutobi_sensei's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/air_gear/v27/c254/18.html

According to that page, it can be him. But from what we've learned recently it could also be Gazeele.

I honestly don't want Ikki to be a Brain Charger, otherwise he won't be anything special but just another one.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member suarhnir's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarutobi_sensei View Post
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/air_gear/v27/c254/18.html

According to that page, it can be him. But from what we've learned recently it could also be Gazeele.

I honestly don't want Ikki to be a Brain Charger, otherwise he won't be anything special but just another one.
    oyos

it's gazelle... even uncle minami considered her his 'masterpiece' and sora was rather jealous of her and went through great lengths to capture her (despite failing that). if it was ikki, then sora wouldn't have 'tossed aside' ikki when he had nike steal bagram and reveal himself to kiric.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted sarutobi_sensei's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh ok x) Since I'm re-reading I should be getting to that part soon x)

I really had to read it from the beginning to remember lots of stuff Another 30 chapters and I'm up to date.

Wait! Isn't there a page of Doctor Minami saying something like how could he almost make the same mistake again, but not this time. something like that.

It's recent, and it shows Ikki right after he says that.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/air_gear/v31/c301/8.html
    and
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/air_gear/v31/c301/9.html

Meh, I wonder what he means.
    Last edited by sarutobi_sensei; February 25, 2011 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DragonOsman2's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ikki Thread

@Everyone who is against Ikki being a BC or GC: I understand your reasons, but really, there are lots of signs already pointing to him being one or both, and before anything else, you have to remember that he's a Shounen hero. It's more likely for him to be something special than for him not to be. I'm thinking he's some kind of combo between a BC and GC, something similar to what Gazelle, Lind, and Rika are since they're also a combo of both (they all have/had the Virgin Blade).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ikki Thread

well if we look at the set up Rika being the daughter of Doctor Minami friend, and that 3 GC are rised inthat house with ikki, that is abit off this means that ikki is special in one way or another, have the same last name as the doctor could mean he is his father so do you think that was the case he would tinker with his genes know that. I believe that ikki is something different from bc and gc. Also I think that rika is ikki half-sister.
    all spelling mistakes are copyrighted to mars0103

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DragonOsman2's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carnevil View Post
    But if the body was specifically designed for it then it wouldn't be a problem. If you put together the software and hardware it would make something new. A Gravity Charger or Brain Child.
    On this particular side of the discussion, are you guys perhaps forgetting about a girl named Gazelle? I mean, hello? She was a combination between a Brain Charger and Gravity Child. That right there should be more than proof enough. It's already been done before, so doing it again shouldn't be a problem. I just think that if Ikki is something in between the two, he'll be a different "something in between" than she was. She didn't seem to need Tuning, right? Which would mean she was more like a Gravity Child. It wasn't a complete blend, the Brain Charger side was a little more prominent. But she had the eyes of a Brain Charger. [And before anyone says anything, please do recall that the original Thorn Regalia was made especially for Gazelle. All of the Regalia were made for the First Gen. Gravity Children, we know that. The original Thorn Regalia having been made specifically for Gazelle means she was a Gravity Child. With the eyes of a Brain Charger.]

It's possible, Suarhnir, that Ikki might have had some experiments done on him, not anything to severe though. He's Dr. Minami's son, or otherwise related to him in someway, I find it hard to believe he hasn't done anything to Ikki. He's even coming off as a mad scientist to me right now, I really wouldn't surprised. I admit that it's also possible for him to turn out to be a normal human who is just incredibly talented, and I can see why this seems like a better option to a lot of people. [Just thought I'd say that, so that we're on the same page.]

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3