Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Viz Media has released a Video Portal of their own (not like Funimation, though)...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member bellcrossage's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Viz Media has released a Video Portal of their own (not like Funimation, though)...

Viz Media has released a beta of their very own Video Portal called "http://vizanime.com"

It has the following anime streaming at the current time (some streams have already been streaming on other sites:The interesting thing about this is that Buso Renkin is now an anime that is streaming. The Prince of Tennis was streaming about 2 years ago and is now resuming its streaming.

Source:
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...renkin-streams

Update: The video playback is through Hulu.com's video Player.
    Last edited by bellcrossage; December 21, 2009 at 05:12 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Xadyu's Avatar
    Country
    Papua New Guinea
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Viz Media has released a Video Portal of their own (not like Funimation, though)...

Quote Quote:
    Sorry, this website is only viewable from the US.
    It was to be expected... Lucky me, I don't stream, haha.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member bellcrossage's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Viz Media has released a Video Portal of their own (not like Funimation, though)...

Quote Originally Posted by Xadyu View Post
    Quote Quote:
    Sorry, this website is only viewable from the US.
    It was to be expected... Lucky me, I don't stream, haha.
    Well, it is a beta, it may be that for the "beta" process, it's only available in the US. After the beta process, it should be expanded to the other parts of North America.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Xadyu's Avatar
    Country
    Papua New Guinea
    Post Thanks / Like

My point being, it's only for the region Viz Media has established their company.

European people won't get access to the website, it's a shame, there are enough people who like to watch those anime's, who support Viz by buying their merchandise and live in Europe.

But that's just because of the rights I guess.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You can get a proxy server to view them. I don't know how to set that up but it shouldn't be to hard.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Mushashi's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay you'r averege proxy isn't going to be able to watch streamed videos. For Firefox users go command prompts type /external ip =(number comes up here ) copy and paste that into ur address in ur browser that will come up with ur internet setting type in ur username and password you got from your net provider (eg comcast) sign in, there will be options on the left hand side including how much bandwith you have left for the month. click the link saying create new server. this will cost about 5 dollars. once you have created the server (make sure you click that you want your new server to have an american i.p address) say you want bandwith used from your current server into the other one. you will get a username and password for your new ip address. restart all programs on ur computer using the internet. go into firefox file>internet setting> add proxy/tunnel enter in the new username and password you were given to your new server. your ip address will be changed to the american one you just set up. it will have to same speed and bandwith as your old one. click start new server on connection. and ur ip is changed to the american one. if you ever want to change it back you just got file>internet settings> proxy/tunnel and put in ur old info to change back. (yes if u get ip banned on steam this will work) hope i helped
    Last edited by Mushashi; December 23, 2009 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Note:doesnt work on internet explorer.

New Reply