Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
Thread Closed
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Contest Archive

Scanlator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member soDeq05's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Music Contest 2011 – Valentine’s edition <3~

My nomination: Love Letter by FT. Triple
    There are lots of music that I want to nominate, but, each of us can only nominate one song only. So, I'll go with this song. I chose this song because I love the lyric. You can read the translation of the lyric below. I hope that you will love this music just like I do Enjoy~

Spoiler: Translation of the lyric show
    sing a love song for me
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing
    is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

(¯`v´¯)
    .`·.¸.·´ ♥
    ¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´ ¸    sodeq

My Anime List Profile

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey everyone~

I guess my nomination will be: Jay Chou - Common Jasmin Orange

It's an old song but it's still a worthy nomination imo. Even though the music video is based around the spring/summer seasons; the lyrics are bold and slightly different to your typical love songs which is something I like a lot about it. The sounds are just so beautiful in this song as well~

I just realised that Jay Chou is the dude from Initial D and The Green Hornet!

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Bugzee you be slow! Jay Chou is really big (well at least over here in Asia...), and I think he will only get bigger now thanks to The Green Hornet

Wow, I'm somehow really happy someone nominated a song in my native language Never knew you listened to Chinese music, Bugz! More people need to give some appreciation to Chinese music on MH There are some really romantic Chinese songs out there. Jay writes beautiful lyrics.

The Chinese title of the song Bugzee nominated is "Qi Li Xiang" (七里香). I always sing this song at karaoke It's a staple. Another one is "Qing Tian". Another one with stunning music and lyrics

Urgh, I have so many songs I would love to nominate

Btw Destiny, if this is your first time hearing EXILE, I suggest you listen to the album "EXILE BALLAD BEST". It's a best-of album of all their ballads. And their ballads are simply beautiful The best kind of EXILE songs imo are their ballads!

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yabe View Post
    My (humble) nomination: DEL - Koi Suzumi (it doesn't have a proper music video)

I know it's not as good as the ones you guys have already posted (I really like all of them), but I also really like listening to this relaxing love song, so I thought I might nominate it anyway.
    Thank you for your nomination, Yabe! Even though I have no clue what DEL is saying, just by listening to it I have the feeling is a very sweet song. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by soDeq05 View Post
    My nomination: Love Letter by FT. Triple
    There are lots of music that I want to nominate, but, each of us can only nominate one song only. So, I'll go with this song. I chose this song because I love the lyric. You can read the translation of the lyric below. I hope that you will love this music just like I do Enjoy~
    Thank you for your nomination, soDeq05! The lyrics were very romantic and the song was really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugzee View Post
    Hey everyone~

I guess my nomination will be: Jay Chou - Common Jasmin Orange

It's an old song but it's still a worthy nomination imo. Even though the music video is based around the spring/summer seasons; the lyrics are bold and slightly different to your typical love songs which is something I like a lot about it. The sounds are just so beautiful in this song as well~
    Thank you for your nomination, J-kun! That song was so .

All the nominees are wonderful and it’s time to start the contest!! I’m going to create the poll and as soon as the poll is up you can start voting for your favorite song.

The poll has been created, you can start voting now. ^_^

I’ve become a huge fan of “Jay Chou - Common Jasmin Orange”. I <3 that song!! If there was a Favorite Chinese Song I would definitely post that song in said thread. I’m truly considering giving it my vote, but I still like other songs so I’m a bit undecided atm. But what about you guys? Have you decided what song are you going to vote for? You still have 2 more days to decide, so be sure to vote and support your favorite song.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; February 12, 2011 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by saladesu View Post
    Bugzee you be slow! Jay Chou is really big (well at least over here in Asia...), and I think he will only get bigger now thanks to The Green Hornet
    I've only heard a few of his songs. I recognised him in the past but I didn't know him by name. After watching the Green Hornet...I was like OH SNAP! The same dude from Initial D and then I checked his name and I was like "it's Jay Chou!!!"

Wow, I'm somehow really happy someone nominated a song in my native language Never knew you listened to Chinese music, Bugz! More people need to give some appreciation to Chinese music on MH There are some really romantic Chinese songs out there. Jay writes beautiful lyrics.
    I listen to a lil bit of everything...well nearly everything. I try too anyway. I can't stand folk music neither do I like listening to those brutal, hardcore "metal" bands. =P

I agree! There's many K-pop and J-pop threads, why not make one for C-pop? Lead the way, desu!

The Chinese title of the song Bugzee nominated is "Qi Li Xiang" (七里香). I always sing this song at karaoke It's a staple. Another one is "Qing Tian". Another one with stunning music and lyrics
    I haven't heard that "Qing Tan" record yet. I'll defo listen to more of his music. I'm sure I'll find at least one more gem from him.

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    Thank you for your nomination, J-kun! That song was so .
    No problem~ I'm glad you really like it. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    I’ve become a huge fan of “Jay Chou - Common Jasmin Orange”. I <3 that song!! If there was a Favorite Chinese Song I would definitely post that song in said thread. I’m truly considering giving it my vote, but I still like other songs so I’m a bit undecided atm. But what about you guys? Have you decided what song are you going to vote for? You still have 2 more days to decide, so be sure to vote and support your favorite song.
    It's truly a beautiful love song~ I obviously voted for "Common Jasmin Orange". Most of my reasons on why I would vote for it in the first place have already been more or less stated. :P

Good luck to everyone!! Don't forget to vote everyone!!! ...and someone tell me who Cupid is!!!

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bugzee View Post
    Good luck to everyone!! Don't forget to vote everyone!!!
    I agree, good luck to all the nominees! They are all fantastic songs so I’m really having a hard time deciding which song to vote for. May the best song win!!

Quote Quote:
    ...and someone tell me who Cupid is!!!
    It’s a secret.

You still have 24 hours to vote for your favorite song; the results so far are very close so a single vote can decide what song is the winner of this contest! The power is in your hands, so come and vote for your fav song, guys.

And we have a winner…and is….

DEL - Koi Suzumi A nice, fun, relaxing and romantic song. ^_^

To all the people who participated in this contest by voting for their favorite song a big “thank you” and I hope to see you all in the next music contest.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; February 14, 2011 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

12. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Contest Winners

Music Contest 2011 – Valentine’s edition <3~

Winner
    DEL - Koi Suzumi

Supported by: Asarii, Yabe

Koi Suzumi by DEL is the second ending theme of the anime Over Drive.

I looked for information about DEL but I couldn’t find anything.

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to Del, Yabe and Asarii!

XD!!!

That song is actually growing on me~ A nice, chilled out song to listen to. ^^

Jay Chou lost.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4