Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 22 of 46 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Otaku Theater: Anime Hangout

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Azurel's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Otaku Theater: Anime Hangout

Yumeiro patissiere anyone?? It's kinda cute, abit nostalgic. hahah

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

*watches haruhi*
    damn that was pretty good, but I don't think I'm gonna bother season 2 because of endless eight lol

Puella Magi 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Galth's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

You can always skip Endless Eight 2 through 7, if they bore you, Crimson. Season two's episodes are individually all pretty good, you know. It's just that people don't want to watch "the same content" several times in a row, if they can help it. (And since you decide which episodes to watch, you don't have to, right?).

Also, you might at least want to watch the first episode of the second season, because it supposedly ties into the 2010 movie version of the fourth novel.

ps. Your signature is lovably spoilerish for those unfamiliar with the original games ( = 80% of Umineko's international audience), haha.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah I watched the first episode, and I will probably watch all the Sighs, because its about them making the movie right? I might watch some episodes of endless eight, only to laugh at the animation studio. The prospect of spending money to animate the same 8 episodes baffles me to no end...

oh theres gonna be a movie? Sweet, I was hoping that there would be some conclusion to all this.

and don't worry about my sig, the endless sorcerer ain't Battler, its just wonderfully misguiding 8). And I'd say that the majority of Umineko's audience reads the Visual Novel because the anime isn't that good. The 1st season bombed pretty hard, so at this rate the 2nd season won't be animated. So yeah expect an original ending by DEEN lol
    Last edited by CBlitz; December 14, 2009 at 03:09 PM.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, they're going to release the Disappearance Arc as a movie next year, probably somewhere in the summer.

As for Umineko, I don't think they do, for the simple reason that most people here don't speak japanese and stuff... >_>

But it "bombed pretty hard"? Really? I didn't see any sales records yet myself, but I'm interesting. I don't think they did a bad job animating it, really. Sure, an insane amount of stuff was left out of the animated version, making it all much faster-paced and more confusing than the original, but that was to be expected, right? They only have 26 episodes worth of time, after all...

I'm sure they'll animate the Chiru Arcs in two years time or so. Same with Higurashi, the story suddenly got much more interesting once they got into the second part. I really can't wait for the Bernkastel / Erika / Battler / Beatrice plot twists in the fifth Arc, whahaha.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

?

I assume you know about Witch Hunt's english patch? Well they're gonna release the EP5 one soon enough, and there have a couple fan patch's before. Fragmented of course, thats the way I read EP5 lol. Umineko has a lot VN fans, not so much anime.

And yeah it bombed hard, like abysmal really. The show got crappy ratings, and sold very little DVD copies. If you compare it to Higurashi, Umineko had only a fraction of its success, not nearly enough to warrant a second season. I don't think DEEN has signed up for the second season, and I doubt they will. Chances of animated Chiru are virtually nil. Unless the answer arcs do insanely well and some other studio picks it up.

Sure its arguable that DEEN did a good job with the restraints they had, but they really didn't. The pacing was messed up, the OST was not well implemented, characterization for some characters were completely canned etc. Honestly, with a better director, the adaption could have been good, but it wasn't. It just reeks of mediocrity and hald-assed-ness.

I still think Madhouse's Death Note team would have been the best bet for Umineko, 35 eps would have been perfect, not to mention it would have epic debates instead of the crappy arguments in the DEEN version.

lol psycho Bern and Erika will never see the light of anime day. I assure you, its not gonna happen. Its probably for the best though.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonBlitz View Post
    give it a chance, Umineko is waaaaaaay better than Higurashi in the end. And Maria was supposed to be annoying
    better than Higurashi??! guess then i ll do as you say, what do you propose i do , up to date my self or wait till all of the eps are in the sac?

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, I'm not sure whether I want to call Umineko better than Higurashi until the (game) series is over... With Higurashi, the revelations of the Kai arcs made me appreciate the earlier question arcs a whole lot better, so it's very likely that upcoming happenings in the yet-to-be-released Chiru games will influence my opinion of the earlier arcs.

To me, the beauty of Higurashi was the way in which seemingly random, unconnected stories, suddenly got pulled into a coherent storyline steadily in the course of the Kai arcs. I loved that surprised feeling of "Wait, what? It suddenly all makes sense!"

Umineko, in the beginning, didn't really grab me as much as Higurashi did from the start, but the plot twists have been getting more intense, and the fourth game, as well as the first Chiru game, have been insanely great in that regard. =)

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

wow Galth you account matches mine except i didnt pursue Umi much after the first impression

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah the beginning is probably the lowest point of the entire series. It gets exponentially better after the first twilight

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like
    any one checked the aoi bukgaku(blue literature) series consists of adaptations of six modern classics of Japanese literature: Osamu Dazai's No Longer Human (Ningen Shikkaku) & Run, Melos! (Hashire, Melos!), Natsume Soseki's Kokoro, Ryunosuke Akutagawa's Hell Screen (Jigoku Hen) & The Spider's Thread (Kumo no Ito), and Ango Sakaguchi's In the Forest, Under Cherries in Full Bloom (Sakura no Mori no Mankai no Shita). its quite good

Guys ever heard of this anime movie called Summer Wars it seems very promising
    Last edited by Kaiten; December 21, 2009 at 03:52 PM.

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Summer Wars is supposed to be extraordinary. It's by the director of the Girl Who Leaped Through Time, an all time classic, but SW is supposedly better. It hasn't been subbed yet, I don't think the DVD is out in Japan quite yet. I will watch as soon as subs are out.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

heh me as well, i ll count on you to tell me when the subs is out kaiten senpai
    Tokyo Tosho is down, don't count on me till they're back up /Kaiten
    edit: thats a bad news i guess i ll start learning Japanese
    Last edited by shaheer; December 22, 2009 at 02:54 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member El-Thor's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, didn't know where else to ask but here.

Will there be a "The Breaker" or "Veritas" anime adaptations? Those two are some awesome manhwa but I haven't heard any news of anime being made...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner tivaro27's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Watching Summer Wars like to see Digimon and Hackers became one plus a unque funny comedy. I luv it!

New Reply
Page 22 of 46 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast