Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 28 of 46 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread: Otaku Theater: Anime Hangout

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Otaku Theater: Anime Hangout

Lately, I found myself falling for Guilty Crown and Shana 3.
    I'm looking forward to how these two shows wind-up.

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been enjoying Shana III a whole lot too, Charlie! I haven't had time to watch Guilty Crown beyond the first episode, but since our taste in anime are often similar (Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu and so on) I'll definitely make it a point to catch up sometime soon

Is it just me, or is there really no Shana III thread? I did try the search function and didn't come up with anything, though I swear I saw a thread for it some weeks ago... I guess I'll go start one now - I'm all psyched up about Shana III after watching the latest episode which was pretty awesome

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone willing to display some of the pros and cons in this winter anime season? Trying to watch something these days, I really would appreciate if a few suggestions from anime watchers would come my way~

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A good place to go for reviews: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feat.../winterpreview

By the end of next week they will have reviews for the first two episodes of every series this season. I am watching Nisemonogatari, Morestu Pirates, and Another this season. I have not watched the first episode of Another yet, I will later tonight. If you have not watched Bakemonogatari then it's sequel Nisemonogatari will not make a bit of sense. If you did watch Bakemonogatari you will love Nisemonogatari. The first episode of Moretsu Pirates was very good, the series has a lot of promise but it would be unfair to draw to many conclusions, good or bad, from one episode.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

The new Goro Miyasaki (the son of Hayao) anime is out in France today at theaters. Is it a national or international release ?
    Anyway I'm planning to go watch it. It's hard to find a bad Ghibli anime, and even more hard to watch a non 3D animation these days.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I stopped watching Bakemonogatari when it reached the cat's arc because of shaft ridiculous cutting of scenes, planning to rewatch it just for the sake of the
    highly anticipated nisemonogatari, unless ofc, I can go in without knowledge of the cat's arc. But maybe I'll do it for senjouhara's
    awesomeness.
    Quote Quote:
    The first episode of Moretsu Pirates was very good, the series has a lot of promise but it would be unfair to draw to many conclusions, good or bad, from one episode.
    Interesting. I was under the impression that it will be another stereotype-for-otakus anime.

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

What is this Goro Miyasaki anime thing? I haven't heard anything about it...

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    A good place to go for reviews: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feat.../winterpreview

By the end of next week they will have reviews for the first two episodes of every series this season. I am watching Nisemonogatari, Morestu Pirates, and Another this season. I have not watched the first episode of Another yet, I will later tonight. If you have not watched Bakemonogatari then it's sequel Nisemonogatari will not make a bit of sense. If you did watch Bakemonogatari you will love Nisemonogatari. The first episode of Moretsu Pirates was very good, the series has a lot of promise but it would be unfair to draw to many conclusions, good or bad, from one episode.
    Moretsu Pirates generally got the highest review marks from what I can see, plus the setting is promising like always and with many episodic things it depends on how the overall story will be guided from that good setting. Other series generally got 3s, Moretsu got 4s, probably the only one with Another, I did not see much on Nisemonogatari but I have seen some parts of animation and yeah it will be cool. The Knight in the Area also got good points but not many reviewed that. Comedy and Sports have less reviews than the others.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    What is this Goro Miyasaki anime thing? I haven't heard anything about it...
    http://www.allocine.fr/film/fichefil...lm=195834.html

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

ah so he was the one responsible for "Tales from Earthsea"

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    The new Goro Miyasaki (the son of Hayao) anime is out in France today at theaters. Is it a national or international release ?
    Anyway I'm planning to go watch it. It's hard to find a bad Ghibli anime, and even more hard to watch a non 3D animation these days.
    Let's hope he improved since....Tales from Earthsea....*shudder*

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched Moretsu pirates yesterday by curiosity. I guess it was entertaining but not much else. The plot seems rather shallow and allow to display lot's of girl characters according to the opening.

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    I watched Moretsu pirates yesterday by curiosity. I guess it was entertaining but not much else. The plot seems rather shallow and allow to display lot's of girl characters according to the opening.
    The description for the series did not impress me that much so I avoided it. The two series I've been really into have been Shana 3 and Guilty Crown. POT new season just started too.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I was planning to watch Therma romae anime since few chapters are translated and it is suppose to be funny but the choice of this static 2D animation kinda surprised me. I'm not sure I will get use to it

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a Thermae Romae anime adaptation? I will definitely check it out since I love the manga.

New Reply
Page 28 of 46 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast